Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,233 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare (28563 Views)

It's Official Burna Boy Is Breaking Guinness World Records With TECNO BOOM J7 / My Experience With Tecno Carlcare On Phone Swap. / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by 2sign: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
my sister,my self and her friend have bin using our tecno a and a plus for close to 8 months and no prob.instead of buying phones from correct shops,u day buy road side phone and telling us stories
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by babsalux09(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
angeljoy: Mine is just a little more awry, cause right from the word go, the spirit of tecno has always been killed by my spirit.
All the tecno that I have bought including phantom a+ died in my hands in less than two months, therefore I have said bye-bye to tecno

then the problem isnt with d phone then,d problem is you..your hand is bad,u need deliverance first b4 u lay ur hand on anyother thing,if not so..then u are lieing...instead of hating,why not get a life..even big mens that have money dont brag about phones,they spend their money with sense,a phone wont bring returns,its just a material thing meant for d gabbage at d end of d day,no device is perfect and its either u are careless..i know people who have money but still buy tecno,and i know people have sweared to never use expensive phones bcoz of faults they encounter...likewise d same thing op is talkin abt,it all depends on luck,a big name phone can be expensive bcoz of its added features,but that doesnt quality a cheap one as crap bcoz of ur experience..atleast its serving its basic function for its price..even all this china phones u are talking about does alor better than expensive blackberrys bold 5 and below..if u dont like a device go for ur choice,its ur money,but dont use ur ill-luck to spoil someone else's business..i dont even like to argue about phones,its total bullshit..if u have a device,handle with care be it samsung,htc e.t.c..my tecno is workin fine since jan 2013,also my iphone..just pray 4 luck when gettin a device.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Aystarz: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
My word! I'd better have a rethink on the Tecno P9 I'm planning on getting this weekend. Seriously guys, are Tecno phones as bad as being purported by the OP?
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by babsalux09(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Aystarz: My word! I'd better have a rethink on the Tecno P9 I'm planning on getting this weekend. Seriously guys, are Tecno phones as bad as being purported by the OP?

no at all,they quite good products..not sophisticated..but they are owk for their price,shit just happen in technology world and people take things personal if they dont like something or they had ill-luck with a product,but if u can afford something better,then go for it..as long as its ur money u are spendin,but tecno is just a device with basic functions,u cant get everything for such cheap price...but also some phones are too overpriced,u just av to know what u need in a phone before buyin,else u might just waste extra cash on what u dont really fancy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by RexioKlasik(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sori ehn...

Badluck tinz!
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by tao186: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
@superSsam_:
I was thrilled when I just got my N7, shey its the techno peeps have been yammering about. It was all rosy until the phone just refused to power on after less than 2 months of careful use. I happily walked into a carlcare office armed with everything I could find about my phone so I wouldn't falter in any terms and conditions. After struggling to find the hidden office, I saw a crowd of customers cramped up in a tiny room waiting for their turn. Standing for about one hour after hours of searching for this office was far from what I bargained for. I was patient though. I gave them my phone and I was told to come back in two weeks time.

Two weeks came and passed and I even gave them a couple of days more to avoid excuses. The excuses are exactly what I got. I was told to return the next week coz my fone was sent to Lagos blah blah blah. I still obliged. Till date I haven't collected my phone (2months) because my phone hasn't thought it wise to return from it's Lagos trip. I checked it, the amount I have wasted embarking on this fruitless weekly voyage added to the original price of my techno would get me a clean, fairly used s3. My brother has a similar experience, after I convinced him to get on the techno platform he got the phantom a+. After less than two weeks the phone started acting up. Restarting and sometimes going completely off on it's own. Now I take the slack for it because I was the one who convinced him to get the phone.

This piece is coming from my HTC phone which I got for far less (fairly used) and gives me way more than my thecno. Here's my advice, if you want to get an android phone, don't go for a cheap China phone, you'll still pay the original cost of a good one way or the other and still end up with your crap. Wise up, save a little more and save yourself from disappointments!
MR MAN JST CHANGE D THREAD 2 I HATE TECHNO.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by drehdinho(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tecno Carl Care or what is it called is nothing but a bunch of disappointment. I bought a Phantom pad late last year. I used it carefully more than anyone can imagine...because I so much cherish the phone which has lots of functions and it ability to run any applications. It's not up to two weeks I bought this phone I discovered the speaker's efficiency dropping gradually; two days later the speaker seized working. I can't play music putting it on speaker, now I can only play music with my ear-piece stuck into my two ear drums. I took the damn phone to Ibadan Carl Care at Bodija. it was one of my area brothers that took me with there with his bike. we were able to locate the place easily. When we got there (the place doesn't look like what a Carl care center. I was expecting something bigger). There were few people on que. I waited for my turn. I went with my 13 months warrantee. Thinking deep inside that nothing is going to stop my phone not getting repaired that day, but unfortunately, the lady in-charge told me they dont repair Tecno phones. I insisted that I saw the address as one of the funtioning Tecno Carl care. At this time I was started to get enraged with what I just heard the lady said.
After long time of argument with the lady, she couldnt contain my rigidity, she directed me to her boss.
I was still very much positive at this time,because all I was thinking was that I got my warrantee card and the phone had no scratches or any sign of mis-handling. I met with her boss, I told him all that happened, he told me similar story the lady earlier relayed. The man only added that, they can only send down my phone to Lagos that presently they had no materials on ground. And that they have sent many phones to their Lagos branch, some 2 months ago, some 3 months ago. But few have been returned. The man later advised that I should come back this year(all these happened 2013). That by that time they would have got material they can use in repairing phones.
Since that day I believed in what some people have been saying concerning Tecno products. They are craps and I strongly advise anyone having intention of getting smart phones to go for something different from Tecno product.
Up till now the problem with my Phantom pad persists.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by walexzee11(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
@superSsam_:
I was thrilled when I just got my N7, shey its the techno peeps have been yammering about. It was all rosy until the phone just refused to power on after less than 2 months of careful use. I happily walked into a carlcare office armed with everything I could find about my phone so I wouldn't falter in any terms and conditions. After struggling to find the hidden office, I saw a crowd of customers cramped up in a tiny room waiting for their turn. Standing for about one hour after hours of searching for this office was far from what I bargained for. I was patient though. I gave them my phone and I was told to come back in two weeks time.

Two weeks came and passed and I even gave them a couple of days more to avoid excuses. The excuses are exactly what I got. I was told to return the next week coz my fone was sent to Lagos blah blah blah. I still obliged. Till date I haven't collected my phone (2months) because my phone hasn't thought it wise to return from it's Lagos trip. I checked it, the amount I have wasted embarking on this fruitless weekly voyage added to the original price of my techno would get me a clean, fairly used s3. My brother has a similar experience, after I convinced him to get on the techno platform he got the phantom a+. After less than two weeks the phone started acting up. Restarting and sometimes going completely off on it's own. Now I take the slack for it because I was the one who convinced him to get the phone.

This piece is coming from my HTC phone which I got for far less (fairly used) and gives me way more than my thecno. Here's my advice, if you want to get an android phone, don't go for a cheap China phone, you'll still pay the original cost of a good one way or the other and still end up with your crap. Wise up, save a little more and save yourself from disappointments!
I'm very happy that dis was brought up,I had d same xperience wit carlcare,after two week anoda 30days elapsed b4 i got ma phone back...... its disgusting..... A bad xperience indeed!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by tobao(m): 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
Aystarz: My word! I'd better have a rethink on the Tecno P9 I'm planning on getting this weekend. Seriously guys, are Tecno phones as bad as being purported by the OP?
i'd strongly advice against it. Don't buy a tecno device, go for a gionee or infinix that falls under the p9 category. Tecno company be too economical and are making crab phones. Most of these persons ranting on here don't know a pin bout phones.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by moststylish(m): 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
i hav been using my Q1 for d past 6 months without any head ache,so y r u guys postin poo here

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by olaniyanibukun0: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
na only fou ur family una dey get wahala with tecno ni?
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by adadadon(m): 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tecno phones door have trouble. I use one which has defects but not major ones
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
venorite: Op sorry tho,I always tell people to stay away from china fones.I don't see any reason why u will buy a fone for 35k that won't last wen u could just budget 40k for a samsung s3 that you will use without complaints.these tecno fones will only make sense wen their carl centres start doing what they are expected to do.pls nobody should quote me cos this is my opinion,ure entittled to urs.pele op

Mumu..ur opinion is as dumb as ur empty head...mumu..is samsung not china too..ode...korea n china..what's d diff....idiot
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
@superSsam_:

Mumu boys..una go always lie just to bash tecno..sha..dumb asses. U mean u wasted almost 45k...price of fairly use s3 in ur to n fro journey just to fix ur tecno?...oboy..u stupid oh..buhahhaa..its either u r lying or u r just plain dumb.

I av been using my tecno a+ since july..2013..up till now..I avent seen a single fault or problem...i bought ma p9...27th december...checm p9 discussion thread for d review.

Oga no body send u message.

U spoil fone ur sef.u carry ur wahala go meet tecno...u go old. Go buy torchlight nokia.

Ig u like htc or samsung or lg.buy am too..nobody force ur papa to buy tecno.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by kellylander(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
Techno is crap*. I bought techno m7 last month and now I cannot use d camera again. D camera doesn't work again for a month old phone*rub*ish

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
tobao:
i'd strongly advice against it. Don't buy a tecno device, go for a gionee or infinix that falls under the p9 category. Tecno company be too economical and are making crab phones. Most of these persons ranting on here don't know a pin bout phones.

Idiot. Which one ur papa or ur country make?..if u av problem wit tecno..carry microphone and speaker go computer village...ode..if u r dat jobless.u can also go to dier facebook page.

Goodluck.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
kellylander: Techno is crap*. I bought techno m7 last month and now I cannot use d camera again. D camera doesn't work again for a month old phone*rub*ish

Same fone my younger broda has been using for 2months plus now...yet no fault. Oga stop complaining.na u no sabi use phone
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
dan jalingo:

I'm also using a Phantom A+ since September, 2013 and it has not given any reason to regret. yours may be a case of factory fault (which is common with manufactured goods). they should be able to change or at least fix it for you. HTC phones may not be the best for me. They are very difficult to manipulate.

So, this is how dumb tecno makes SOME of it's users? They find other android devices VERY DIFFICULT to operate. Smh.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
xxxtedyxxx:

Mumu..ur opinion is as dumb as ur empty head...mumu..is samsung not china too..ode...korea n china..what's d diff....idiot

I think the real question here is, when was the last time you took your meds?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by tobao(m): 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
henryskywalker2003:

good question! In addition, i'm not suprised. Low lifes always fall far below average. The guy is just a stick in the mud with a low IQ. I just pray for his parent's money and his children's future.. Such stupidity!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by elkoko: 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
op is just not lucky
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Generalkorex(m): 5:33am On Jan 04, 2014
adeola_drg: That's ur headache Oga! Others av issues with their Samsung and HTC fones. But just a little problem with a tecno fone and they'll look for the shortest-cut to NL to open poo threads and throw useless complaints. I've not had an issue with my P5 for 3 months and kicking now. Collect ur fone or ur money back if possible!

Last bullet: If ur fone has a problem, sell and buy a new one with a better brand and stop the search for relevance on NL

thats true jare
i sold my htc window phone because i cant send/receive messages. I checked the internet and found out that many people have the same problem.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by jboy01(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2014
jreyez: I'm all about android devices... So it depends on your cash at hand... wink

Here's the simple fact - Mtk devices (MediaTek processors) devices don't last longer.... Devices like tecno, infinix, gionee, itel... ETC, they usually develops fault due to cheap processors that's been used to produce them... That why they are cheap phones.

on the other hand, if you have the money go for a non-mtk device like Nexus, Samsung, htc, Sony, Motorola.. Etc. wink

Save your self from frustration of calibration, bricking and all that... Those usually comes from mtk devices.., believe me most people comes to my office with tecno devices coz of calibration problem.....

So think twice... Before making your decision smiley

Guy! , comot gionee from the list, Gionee p2 came with cortex not mediatek and some latest one uses snapdragon.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2014
s3nn2x: It happens.
What is your point exactly? Is it that Tecno phones are crappy or Carl Care services is nothing to write home about? I really don't get your point. All I know is that there is no product that is perfect. You were just unlucky. I have been using my phone for 6 months and I have not had a reason to regret or even visit Carl care.
What is the name of the HTC you now use that is better than your Tecno and how much did you get it?
Well for me, I can never use a Tecno product below a Phantom A+.

I rep phantom A+. I wanted buying N7 but on getting to the shop, i saw a new release Phantom A+, on sizing up both gadgets, i picked the stronger A+. It has fallen to thje ground. Sun rays has blinded while charging under the sun, battery heated up same day. 6months counting, i give that phone 6 years to serve me.

All experiences cannot be thesame even coming from thesame production lines..
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2014

U must really be a learner..just like d OP...follow dis link https://www.nairaland.com/1555416/tecno-p9-phantom-pad-mini/14#20661951
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2014
tobao:
i'd strongly advice against it. Don't buy a tecno device, go for a gionee or infinix that falls under the p9 category. Tecno company be too economical and are making crab phones. Most of these persons ranting on here don't know a

pin bout phones.

Mumu...if u av a p wit tecno..carry microphone n speaker go computer village... Ode.

I use a+ from july to december, not a single fault. Am still using it up till now, I bought a p9 on d 27th of dec..and I must say d fone n ba3 r impressive.

If u av a problem wit tecno..go create a website or facebook page and bash dem..since u r dat jobless. Or go stand for computer village entrance gate and advice anyone dat enters not to buy tecno. Ode.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by ceejayluv(m): 8:58am On Jan 04, 2014
JideTheBlogger: That's even fair.

I took my samsung Y pro duos to samsung service centre in VI in 2012 and was told to pay over 30k to repair it, barely 2 mths after buying it.

My guy, I've ported to another phone since then. So, move on bro.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2014
henryskywalker2003:

Dummy!..buhahaha

Y didn't u counter what I posted?...silly head
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2014
tobao:
good question! In addition, i'm not suprised. Low lifes always fall far below average. The guy is just a stick in the mud with a low IQ. I just pray for his parent's money and his children's future.. Such stupidity!

Go and sell empty ragolis bottle if u r mad. #painment
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2014
Op..dis thread shud av been I hate tecno...buhahahahahaha

Same fone u av been complaining abt..I av been using it since july...mr man...check out oda posts...same applies to other tecno devices.

A friend of mine got a new s3..and it developed camera issues after 1month....so where d hell is ur point?

If u hate tecno..say so..nobody forced u to buy tecno. If u get money..buy htc or samsung.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by OSOIGHO(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2014
From my personal experience on Techno Phantom A+, mine started going off and on after 2 weeks of usage and it continued for almost 3 weeks until I removed the key lock/password and it stopped going off and on till date. So kindly remove the key lock/password lock.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Exjoker(m): 10:17am On Jan 04, 2014
if u ask me dese questions:
wia is htc manufactured?
ansa:Taiwan
wia is Taiwan located?
ansa: at china's backyard...
Re u nau advertising for htc or wat?
by de way alot of phones manufacturer(lphone,nokia,samsung,) have dia manufacturin plant in china not even assembly plant...
tecno is been branded as de best chinese phone manufacturer ahead of huawei nd co

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Awesome Mobile Apps By Google You Probably Never Heard Of / What Is Special About The Infinix Hot 3 ? / Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.