Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! (1085 Views)

Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba / Ndi Anambra Ka Anyi Gbakobanu Ebea Mata Onwe Anyi! Anambra Obodo Dike! / "DURO" Na Yoruba Be Dis ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2014
Pen dho na jehova e,
werengantor.
Dagbeh wa na mehtor.
A wheren mi ije whe de.
mi na pa-gigo nawhe,
pen dho na Mau! cheesy
I give thanks to jehovah, preserver of life, 'good (well) doing (meaning) for people' father. You sustain us to another year, we will ascribe glory to you. I give glory to God.
Nunkun e moh he
nimo devoh,
Pe mina dho,
Nunkun e moh he
nimo devoh
Pe mina dho! grin The eyes that have seen this will see other ones, we'll give thanks. 2(ce).
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
E te wejoh? Mamo mede pepe to finen nitho goh gbe nami natho pagigo na mau wehyah? Kai mepo kao yi Odun (whenu) du gbe boi gowa sinme po home gbleh po wheyah? Meh she leh, mi jareh bo tenpon bo dhope na kruno miton, soh nayon. Ejro Jiweh-Yehweh, 'Weh yoyo eh nayon gbau na 'meh po, gannji. Jijoh-o mmepo nano potho agbaza pipe po home-vivi po to 'whe yoyo eh me. Nise.
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Me se le, mi wa goh alo nami tho du ayi po lesi po. E ka vivi, bo supo to agban meh. E Ka gbe hun mion taun!
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by Emmyk(m): 10:53am On Jan 04, 2014
LOL. What are you saying? cheesy
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Emmyk: LOL. What are you saying? cheesy
Well I'm trying to chat up my Dahomian family. Ours is one big house hence we call it Hogbonu, meaning 'people of the great house' or 'people of the great merchant'. In part, I rep Tori, a branch of greater Fon folks. I wish to chat with my family with that pleasant language, the music is spiritual. It convey the mood of the season. BTW, thanks for the curiousity, I enjoy your Okun Yoruba thread.
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
ladionline: Pen dho na jehova e,
werengantor.
Dagbeh wa na mehtor.
A wheren mi ije whe de.
mi na pa-gigo nawhe,
pen dho na Mau! cheesy
I give thanks to jehovah, preserver of life, 'good (well) doing (meaning) for people' father. You sustain us to another year, we will ascribe glory to you. I give glory to God.
Nunkun e moh he
nimo devoh,
Pe mina dho,
Nunkun e moh he
nimo devoh
Pe mina dho! grin The eyes that have seen this will see other ones, we'll give thanks. 2(ce).
@ Emmyk, got the standard international version? grin
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by kemiola89(f): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2014
You mean Idahomey? I'd love to know about the tribe and their culture. cool
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by Emmyk(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
ladionline: Well I'm trying to chat up my Dahomian family. Ours is one big house hence we call it Hogbonu, meaning 'people of the great house' or 'people of the great merchant'. In part, I rep Tori, a branch of greater Fon folks. I wish to chat with my family with that pleasant language, the music is spiritual. It convey the mood of the season. BTW, thanks for the curiousity, I enjoy your Okun Yoruba thread.
That's nice. smiley

And Thanks.
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
welcome bros.
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by aljharem(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Memories. grin grin grin grin

werangato !
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
alj harem: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Memories. grin grin grin grin

werangato !
Yes ooo you try, its not easy getting the alada (gbe) twist stuck. But it is actually pronounced 'when ren gan tor' (do do mi mi). It means 'struggling for the survivours' sake (father)', word for word. It mirrors 'eleduwa,' one who struggles to sustain existence. As such, the line that follows says 'a whenren mi je whe deh' (you sustain us till a year this).
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by aljharem(m): 4:26am On Jan 08, 2014
ladionline: Yes ooo you try, its not easy getting the alada (gbe) twist stuck. But it is actually pronounced 'when ren gan tor' (do do mi mi). It means 'struggling for the survivours' sake (father)', word for word. It mirrors 'eleduwa,' one who struggles to sustain existence. As such, the line that follows says 'a whenren mi je whe deh' (you sustain us till a year this).

Nice one. You are absolutely correct. I am half awori isale eko (father) and half ogu badagry( mother) myself. Since the influx of people, most of our isale eko cousins (myself included) have lost our dialect completely. Do you believe I am the one trying to sensitise our people shocked shocked
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 6:01am On Jan 08, 2014
alj harem:

Nice one. You are absolutely correct. I am half awori isale eko (father) and half ogu badagry( mother) myself. Since the influx of people, most of our isale eko cousins (myself included) have lost our dialect completely. Do you believe I am the one trying to sensitise our people shocked shocked
You know that being such a hybrid can be very special? You get to see things quite differently! I love my mix heritage so much, it help me to love different people. Moreso the affection given me by my 'yinneh weh' (mother's homestead) buoy my confidence in life.

1 Like

Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 9:44am On Jan 08, 2014
As to sensitizing our people, we have to. We are embackment people upholding the standards, both sides are longing to overwhelm the boundary owing to internal forces, ego and so on, but like it or not, mix heritage people tend to conscience than ego, and not few ancient potentates secure their territory in such manner. We have just to be a touch bearer unto the real truth if we can find it.
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ladi, I no jux understand u
R u Egun ?
angry

Happy nu yr
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
Babe I am Yoruba, my dad is Awori. But my mum is Egun. Lost dad at 2 and its mum's world all along. Dad's siblings around though. Miss you, happy nu year.
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Awwwwwwww
Sorry abt ur Dad
Re: Guvi, Mi Dike Nami Dhope Na Jehweh, Whrengantor! Are You Ready? Now let's go! by ladionline: 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
zeemoore: Awwwwwwww
Sorry abt ur Dad
How for do? a ti wa seesi? He has given me the greatest gift of all: the gift of life. Rest in peace, great dad, omo Eleba Ori, omo Ori Onoja Osan.

(1) (Reply)

Today Is The Finall Burial Ceremony Of Oba Onisiwo Of Onisiwo Island Lagos / What An Elderly Man Told Me About Choosing A Wife / What Powers Can African Waist Beads Give You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.