Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? (350487 Views)

Is There Anything Special About The Q-SAT Decoder? / Q-sat HD Decoder Aka Queen Hd / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (132) (Go Down)

Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jerk: 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Am having some problem wt my qsat 11g recently and i dont know if it was infected by a virus.
My qsat always decrease the volume to 0 now wtout me doing so and whenever such is happening,increasing the volume will nt work bcus it wll decrease immediately i drop the remote. I can't change station too bcus all will be scrolling up and down wtout stopping.
I hv downgraded and upgraded to the present software yet it keeps happening.,i dnt enjoy it bcus of the absence of volume on it.
i really need help on what to do frm you guys.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Pectoris(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
jerk: Am having some problem wt my qsat 11g recently and i dont know if it was infected by a virus.
My qsat always decrease the volume to 0 now wtout me doing so and whenever such is happening,increasing the volume will nt work bcus it wll decrease immediately i drop the remote. I can't change station too bcus all will be scrolling up and down wtout stopping.
I hv downgraded and upgraded to the present software yet it keeps happening.,i dnt enjoy it bcus of the absence of volume on it.
i really need help on what to do frm you guys.
Mine (11g) had this exact problem too, searched for help everywhere on the internet to no avail, upgraded, downgraded, the problem still existed so I decided to uncouple it to see if there was any connection problem (I don't have any idea about electronic repairs) . I unscrewed it and opened it up and touched one wire or d other with d screw driver while d decoder was switched on (it was running on UPS to avoid electric shock), I cleaned d inside panel with spirit and the problem was solved. Till today I can't say what exactly was the problem, but I was able to fix it by just cleaning and touching some connections. Warning/Disclaimer: Do not open it if u don't know what to do, you might damage ur decoder, I took the risk, I was ready for any outcome. And be careful of electric shock.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by akinremedy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
davodyguy: done that already and thereafter called him
He suld av done it by now. It takes less dan 5 mins to activate
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by okoligee: 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
y do u buy modern for q23g, the decoder is 3g already
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
akinremedy:
He suld av done it by now. It takes less dan 5 mins to activate
its over 3 hours now and the guy is telling stories. first he said it will not work on ported line, later it was network. Now he's saying he's on his way home. me I'm not happy oooo
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
davodyguy: its over 3 hours now and the guy is telling stories. first he said it will not work on ported line, later it was network. Now he's saying he's on his way home. me I'm not happy oooo

Is your line ported?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

Is your line ported?
yes
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Malix: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Fairly used Q13G for sale, acct 113 days left,. Contact me if u need it
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
davodyguy: yes
Etisalat data share will not work on ported line.
Maybe you try another Etisalat line or Let me buy it from you so that he can credit my number.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Etisalat data share will not work on ported line.
Maybe you try another Etisalat line or Let me buy it from you so that he can credit my number.
Thanks my bro. I don't think its a problem with ported lines. Customer care said its possible and someone else said that also.

When I called him, he said its a general problem and that he can even send data to other etisalat lines. I decided to give him the benefit of doubt till tomorrow
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
davodyguy: Thanks my bro. I don't think its a problem with ported lines. Customer care said its possible and someone else said that also.

When I called him, he said its a general problem and that he can even send data to other etisalat lines. I decided to give him the benefit of doubt till tomorrow

OK. Wish you the best of luck.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by macbeyland(m): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
SuperSport will become simulcast from 12
August 2014 – meaning that Standard
Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD)
channels will display on the same channel
number.
This news benefits SuperSport viewers,
who will no longer have to spend time
flicking between SD and HD channels.
DStv channel 201 will henceforth display
SuperSport1 if veiwers have a Standard
Definition (SD) decoder and
SuperSport1HD if they have an HD
decoder. TheSuperSport HD channels
(DStv channels 211 to 217) will fall away
as they move onto the same channel
number as their SD counterpart.
SuperSport channels have been playing in
dualcast since the beginning of 2014,
displaying identical content on the SD and
HD channels in preparation....just thinking
if dis will affect Qsat since no HD channels
are showing nw
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by hazard1759(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello guyz...I need to know aw much Qsat 23g is sold at the moment n if its advisable to buy now or wait till after the season starts?...pls I need ur answers coz God willing I plan on buying it 2moro.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by sauceEEP(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Blazing...
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Mackie1(m): 7:04am On Jul 31, 2014
macbeyland: SuperSport will become simulcast from 12
August 2014 – meaning that Standard
Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD)
channels will display on the same channel
number.
This news benefits SuperSport viewers,
who will no longer have to spend time
flicking between SD and HD channels.
DStv channel 201 will henceforth display
SuperSport1 if veiwers have a Standard
Definition (SD) decoder and
SuperSport1HD if they have an HD
decoder. TheSuperSport HD channels
(DStv channels 211 to 217) will fall away
as they move onto the same channel
number as their SD counterpart.
SuperSport channels have been playing in
dualcast since the beginning of 2014,
displaying identical content on the SD and
HD channels in preparation....just thinking
if dis will affect Qsat since no HD channels
are showing nw
choiiii, wicked guys... this is on purpose. 14th. well let's hope it won't change anything on qsat and moreover we've got ss3ni, and co don't think that ll change
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by iabdulrazaq(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Malix: Fairly used Q13G for sale, acct 113 days left,. Contact me if u need it
for hw much do u want to sell it and i dnt knw much abt dis stuff hw will i renew d accnt wen d 113 day expire
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by iabdulrazaq(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Malix: Fairly used Q13G for sale, acct 113 days left,. Contact me if u need it
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Like play like play, the guy did transferred data to me and I'm using it now. The only pro is that, I can't check my balance
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by georgee(m): 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Will buy and my install my QSAT wen the EPL resumes. Wanna see if DSTV will attack QSAT then
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
davodyguy: Like play like play, the guy did transferred data to me and I'm using it now. The only pro is that, I can't check my balance

dial *229*9#
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by davodyguy: 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
EMMAACHILE:

dial *229*9#
. Not connecting. I've tried it many times embarassed
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by zoboizee: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
@ emmaachile, pls drop ur mail ad or fone num. i want some more xplanation on mini x4 varying price of 14k-22k. is it based on location or account on it.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
zoboizee: @ emmaachile, pls drop ur mail ad or fone num. i want some more xplanation on mini x4 varying price of 14k-22k. is it based on location or account on it.
Check your email
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
davodyguy: . Not connecting. I've tried it many times embarassed
It could be network problem
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
zoboizee: @ emmaachile, pls drop ur mail ad or fone num. i want some more xplanation on mini x4 varying price of 14k-22k. is it based on location or account on it.
Mini x4 with avatarcamhd + soso server= 14k
Mini x4 with avatarcamhd + soso server + appcam(canalsat)= 22k
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by lonzo(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello Boss

just got the q23G today and it was tested well and ok but getting home and inserted my airtel line and it said network connect sucess but not showing so i tried mtn sim and some channels are showing but not most . Pks guide as i want to use my airtel on it . Txs
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by sol2sol2: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Mini x4 with avatarcamhd + soso server= 14k
Mini x4 with avatarcamhd + soso server + appcam(canalsat)= 22k

pls, assuming i want this mini x4 with avatarcamhd + soso server + appcam(canalsat). how many extra dish will i need to add to my dstv dish? and what will be d dish size?
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by HAH: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
lonzo: Hello Boss

just got the q23G today and it was tested well and ok but getting home and inserted my airtel line and it said network connect sucess but not showing so i tried mtn sim and some channels are showing but not most . Pks guide as i want to use my airtel on it . Txs

Since some channels are showing that means your queen is ok, normally some times there are downtime for some channels just be patient they will come up.

Furthermore I notice that mtn and etisalat are better than the others on the queen
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by begwong: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
davodyguy: Like play like play, the guy did transferred data to me and I'm using it now. The only pro is that, I can't check my balance
I subscribed for 500mb,the guy did send it to me.

To Check data balance dial *461*7#
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by jerk: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pectoris: Mine (11g) had this exact problem too, searched for help everywhere on the internet to no avail, upgraded, downgraded, the problem still existed so I decided to uncouple it to see if there was any connection problem (I don't have any idea about electronic repairs) . I unscrewed it and opened it up and touched one wire or d other with d screw driver while d decoder was switched on (it was running on UPS to avoid electric shock), I cleaned d inside panel with spirit and the problem was solved. Till today I can't say what exactly was the problem, but I was able to fix it by just cleaning and touching some connections. Warning/Disclaimer: Do not open it if u don't know what to do, you might damage ur decoder, I took the risk, I was ready for any outcome. And be careful of electric shock.
tanks for d enlightenment,i never knw i wl meet anyone wt d same issue here., I can nw feel a sigh of relief knowing u eventually got over it.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
sol2sol2:

pls, assuming i want this mini x4 with avatarcamhd + soso server + appcam(canalsat). how many extra dish will i need to add to my dstv dish? and what will be d dish size?

60cm dish for canalsat ses 22 west

2.4m or higher for soso server for nilesat like osn, phela, Abu Dhabi packages; hotbird like sky Italia, Nova, etc packages; Astra 19 east packages etc.
Re: Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
HAH:

Since some channels are showing that means your queen is ok, normally some times there are downtime for some channels just be patient they will come up.

Furthermore I notice that mtn and etisalat are better than the others on the queen

Go back few threads and learn how to use Airtel and Glo on your device

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (132)

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.