Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan (915 Views)

Jonathan Set To Be Appointed UN Global Crises Envoy / Jonathan To Be Appointed U.N Global Crises Envoy / Gej's Global Recommendation ( Un Set To Appoint Gej As Un Global Crises Convoy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Pukkah: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has described the activities of Boko Haram in the North and kidnappers in the South as Nigeria’s fair share of worldwide security challenges.

He also said some of the security challenges facing the country, started at a time the nation’s security architecture was not properly designed  to combat them.
Jonathan stated this at a New Year service at the Catholic Church’s Pro-Cathedral of Our Lady Queen of Nigeria, Garki in Abuja, on Tuesday.

“Some of these challenges we have been seeing came at a point that our security architecture was not properly designed for that,” he said during the service presided over by the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Cardinal John Onaiyekan.

The President added, “The world as a whole is facing a lot of challenges  at the moment. If you turn  on your television  set, and if you turn the pages of  newspapers, you will always see breaking news.   Breaking news is  not positive news and  whenever I see  such , I know there is one crisis somewhere in the world.

“We are reading about crises everywhere. And our country too, unfortunately, we also have our own fair share of crises. There is the  issue of Boko Haram and the excesses of the militia groups in the, North;  and  kidnapping in southern Nigeria.

Jonathan, however, assured Nigerians that his government was committed to tackling the security challenges.
“We are improving  every day, we have our challenges but there is significant progress,” he said, adding   that  this  year would be better for Nigerians  than  2013.

He  said as President, he  would continue to  work harmoniously with the National Assembly and his appointees to provide Nigerians with good governance in 2014.

http://thecitizenng.com/governance/religious-insurgency-kidnapping-our-share-of-global-crises-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Tolexander: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2014
[size=16pt]Nigerians, don't panic. Terrorist
attack is everywhere ... maybe it
is our turn."[/size]
- President Goodluck
Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Pukkah: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2014
President Jonathan won't kill someone with laughter in this New Year.

He has followed up the incoherent message he delivered at the Christmas service with this one.

Haha! Doesn't he have honest advisers that can tell him to stop talking without preparation? Since communication is his clear failing, why can't he read prepared speeches? Or is he the one that doesn't take to such obvious and expedient advice?

He sounds so pedestrian each time he talks and passes across unbelievable messages that cast the entire country in poor light. Why do some people get annoyed that he's not generally respected by his peers and fellow citizens?

How can the President and Commander in Chief say that kidnapping and insurgency are our own 'fair share' of the global crisis? Does he know the implications of this?

Must we have such a 'fair share'? Did ALL countries of the world have such 'fair share'?

Na wa for Jonathan Goodluck (PhD) o!

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Pukkah: 10:25am On Jan 02, 2014
Honestly, there's a dearth of sound leadership in Nigeria.

How can a President open the New Year with this kind of sad, depressing and hollow talk?

---------------------------

May I warn any PPP political jobber, hireling or mercenary that comes to me with insults that I will repay the insults in kind with compound interest.

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Dannylux: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Italiano1: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2014
This is not surprising coming from Jonathan.

What he is inadvertently trying to say is that there is nothing he can do to solve these problems and his message to Nigerians is that they should suck it up!

This is Fresh Air -(Dr) Jonathan and (Dr) Mama Piss style

2 Likes

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by tosan200(m): 11:40am On Jan 02, 2014
what do you expect from a drunkard undecided

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
Yet another presidential gaffe.

Like you rightly said, Pukkah, the president should stick to reading prepared scripts.

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by EzePromoe: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
Gullible set of people, who read one paragraph of the article and make their conclusion sad
you probably didn't see where he said that his administration will make sure it tackles these challenges sad
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Pukkah: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
Eze Promoe: Gullible set of people, who read one paragraph of the article and make their conclusion sad
you probably didn't see where he said that his administration will make sure it tackles these challenges sad

Is the issue at stake here higher than your level of understanding? What has his promise to tackle the problems got to do with his description, and perhaps understanding, of the problems?

Are you saying his description of kidnapping and insurgency as our 'fair share' of crisis is right?

HNosegbe: Yet another presidential gaffe.
Like you rightly said, Pukkah, the president should stick to reading prepared scripts.

Honestly my brother, that appears to be the best way to manage his gaffes which have become embarassing to him and the country.

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by EzePromoe: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pukkah:

Is the issue at stake here higher than your level of understanding? What has his promise to tackle the problems got to do with his description, and perhaps understanding, of the problems?

Are you saying his description of kidnapping and insurgency as our 'fair share' of crisis is right?
Your problem is that you have blocked your heart with hatred for the president, which makes you always judge a metaphoric statement, based on its literal meaning.
This statement simply implies that;
Just as Al-Shabab is Kenya's problem, Mafians are Italy's problem, Rape crime is South Africa's problem, that Nigeria isn't exempted from all these national crises, but the type Nigeria is experiencing is the one of terrorism and kidnapping.
Free your minds from sentiments, so that you can be able to see the real meaning of what you read.
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Eze Promoe:
Your problem is that you have blocked your heart with hatred for the president, which makes you always judge a metaphoric statement, based on its literal meaning.
This statement simply implies that;
Just as Al-Shabab is Kenya's problem, Mafians are Italy's problem, Rape crime is South Africa's problem, that Nigeria isn't exempted from all these national crises, but the type Nigeria is experiencing is the one of terrorism and kidnapping.
Free your minds from sentiments, so that you can be able to see the real meaning of what you read.

You must think President Jonathan was speaking to a sophisticated audience.

We on this forum know the point he was trying to make. Unfortunately such statements can be misconstrued to denote helplessness of government with regard to tackling the issue. It's extremely important that the president and his handlers understand this, given that the media tends to lean towards the opposition and is likely twist the words to make them sound different from what he meant, thereby creating unneccessary controversy and needless back-and-forth in an already divisive, polarised and heated polity.

How many Nigerians have the sophistication to decode the exact intent of his statement?

The general perception of the recipients of the message being passed across is more important than the author's intent. President Jonathan needs to understand that.

Like I said, he should stick to prepared scripts, to avoid further kasala.
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by aventura: 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
When the heralds of the president's "Breaking News " are Always a particular group of people, it points to one direction= hatred/bad belle.

Their mindset has been conditioned to see negative things about the president. If this statement was issued by their preferred leader, you'd see the hidden message which has been left hidden because of a corrupt mindset.
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Pukkah: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
aventura: When the heralds of the president's "Breaking News " are Always a particular group of people, it points to one direction= hatred/bad belle.

Their mindset has been conditioned to see negative things about the president. If this statement was issued by their preferred leader, you'd see the hidden message which has been left hidden because of a corrupt mindset.

Who is my preferred leader?

Nigeria suffers terribly from a dearth of sound leaders and followers like you, if you can't see what is wrong with Jonathan's CHOICE of words, make the problem worse.

On this forum, I have criticized your so-called leaders across parties and regions. So I don't know what you mean by a preferred leader.

Was Oshiomhole not widely criticized for his choice of words to that widow? How many people did his party or Edo people accuse of hatred or 'bad belle'?

In fact, this thread came with a valuable advice to the President - 'stop speaking extempore because clear communication is not your forte'. Have you forgotten the 'I don't give a damn' and 'terrorists strike everywhere' so soon?

Many times, Jonathan says what he doesn't mean and is unable to find the right words to convey what he means. This is a fact which I don't find funny as a Nigerian. And this is why I've advised him to stick to prepared speeches in order to save himself and us all from the regular embarassment.

Anyone that's defending the choice of words here by the President is his enemy.

1 Like

Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by Pukkah: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
aventura: When the heralds of the president's "Breaking News " are Always a particular group of people, it points to one direction= hatred/bad belle.

Thank God. Thany you.

At least someone gets the message.
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by aventura: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pukkah:

Who is my preferred leader?

Nigeria suffers terribly from a dearth of sound leaders and followers like you, if you can't see what is wrong with Jonathan's CHOICE of words, make the problem worse.

On this forum, I have criticized your so-called leaders across parties and regions. So I don't know what you mean by a preferred leader.

Was Oshiomhole not widely criticized for his choice of words to that widow? How many people did his party or Edo people accuse of hatred or 'bad belle'?

In fact, this thread came with a valuable advice to the President - 'stop speaking extempore because clear communication is not your forte'. Have you forgotten the 'I don't give a damn' and 'terrorists strike everywhere' so soon?

Many times, Jonathan says what he doesn't mean and is unable to find the right words to convey what he means. This is a fact which I don't find funny as a Nigerian. And this is why I've advised him to stick to prepared speeches in order to save himself and us all from the regular embarassment.

Anyone that's defending the choice of words here by the President is his enemy.
Jonathan's failure started with his tongue. How that part of the body could be used for and against us. We don't know for sure if the problem lies with his speech writer or a stubborn-talkative i.e Jonathan.

But objective critism has always my gospel to our negative politicians/populace. If one is not conversant with the happenings of this government, you'd actually believe that we have "clueless, retardeen" as president. Lest we forget that this is a country that has and had produced medoicres as leaders.
Re: Religious Insurgency, Kidnapping, Our Share Of Global Crises – Jonathan by EzePromoe: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2014
HNosegbe:

You must think President Jonathan was speaking to a sophisticated audience.

We on this forum know the point he was trying to make. Unfortunately such statements can be misconstrued to denote helplessness of government with regard to tackling the issue. It's extremely important that the president and his handlers understand this, given that the media tends to lean towards the opposition and is likely twist the words to make them sound different from what he meant, thereby creating unneccessary controversy and needless back-and-forth in an already divisive, polarised and heated polity.

How many Nigerians have the sophistication to decode the exact intent of his statement?

The general perception of the recipients of the message being passed across is more important than the author's intent. President Jonathan needs to understand that.

Like I said, he should stick to prepared scripts, to avoid further kasala.
Don't tell me that you expect our president should be so careful of what he says, just because of some APC rats that do not matter as far as his government is concerned.

(1) (Reply)

Kim Jong Un Fed His Uncle To 120 Starving Dogs: Report / Jonathan Miscalculated By Asking Sanusi To Resign. / Re: Should Pdp Win Ekiti Guber Election, I Will Renounce My Name And Seek Asylum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.