Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? (24294 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by omoboy1: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2014
O.T.I.S:

the mother-insult tells a lot about who you really are....
BTW why would i sleep for embassy to get a visa? to go where? who's gonna live in my house here, drive my cars, hug my wife at nite, take my kids to school ? who is gonna take care of business here? abeg... my hustling days are over. tongue
cheers!!

So u hustle abi... yahoo things... I better pass you..
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by RockyOmas: 11:13am On Jan 10, 2014
I hav the same challenge too, any body with contact on how we can get the Tinted Glass permit? This is a cry for help....
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Sijo01(f): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2014
To avoid harassment/embarrassment, permission for factory tinted glasses is very necessary and compulsory.
The following are required for the application: vehicle License, Registration receipt and Number Plate receipt, with the sum of N20,000. This can only be done at the office of the Deputy Inspector General of Police (Operations) in Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:24am On Jan 10, 2014
dammytosh: You need a tint Permit.

But your approach when you get to check point is very key with or without permit.

1. Stay Calm.
2. Switch On all your inner lights especially if you have a central switch
3. Wind down your glass and greet them with courtesy and smile.
4. If you have a company id card, show them first before the driving licence.

I have done this consistently and have not been embarrassed. They will ask you to go or worst case ask you for money with Hailing. Pretend as if you want to check something for them and tell them you dnt think you can get hold of cash.

I hope that helps.

This na wetin this guy beed dey do too until the day wey ehn price bad market... ; grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1qfBaAEUq4o/UUx4mSJ-AbI/AAAAAAAAPEM/qgJ7evejyPE/s400/nigerian+police+arrest+abuja.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Utchry: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2014
igbsam: What If I tint only the back glass of my car, will i be arrested ?

Even if its the side mirror. Abeg go & get permit

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2014
omoboy1:

So u hustle abi... yahoo things... I better pass you..

what is this one saying? sir, i suggest you keep off the internet for now, take a glass of water, you'll be fine sir grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:48am On Jan 10, 2014
Imagine, early last year, the IG said at AIG zone 11 that tinted permit is free but compulsory. He said we should go to the nearest State commissioner of Police offices to apply for it. It was after then, late last year, that the senate passed the tinted glass bill into law. N50k or 6 months in jail. Imagine u making N20k payment without receipt for it. They will only give u a typed document as d permit. The money paid will never reflect. Nigeria under Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Iceduhu(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
@op, u only get a genuine tint permit from force head quarters if u reside in Abuja, and it cost 10k. it is mandatory to get a permit if u have a factory tint even if its just one glass with the tint. if u are in Abuja I can help u with a contact at the force HQ. 08077874279

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by SENATORJD(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
benuegirl:
Even if it's only booth!
cheesy lmao
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by chelseabmw(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
TR0UBLeMaKeR: Why should you want a tinted car.. Wat r u hiding??

Madam I know you are a lady but next time think like a man for once before writing nonsense... Do you know that most SUV ranging from 2008 comes with tinted glasses on em? so what do u expect I do when I want to acquire such a ride? Am I acquiring the car because I wanna hide something? ur comment alone defines ur username... hope this helps

6 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by JudithAdaeze: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
its a yes
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by ECONOVEMBER: 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nigeria worst ENDANGERD SPECIES
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by InvertedHammer: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Okija_juju: It depends on who is driving the Car... grin

Are you this guy;

[img]http://2.bp..com/_v4db_cQ55tE/TKFGKRiBKwI/AAAAAAAAAoM/QroyZ2Lo5Ys/s1600/police.jpg[/img]

OR

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKXYci6Ekj2r4WOR3NZeGT6gbB1K4QmVWiBmgg4S7-tXoftjuUVrzt9Jc[/img]
/

It depends on what you are driving too.

\

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by ECONOVEMBER: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Okija_juju: It depends on who is driving the Car... grin

Are you this guy;

[img]http://2.bp..com/_v4db_cQ55tE/TKFGKRiBKwI/AAAAAAAAAoM/QroyZ2Lo5Ys/s1600/police.jpg[/img]

OR

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKXYci6Ekj2r4WOR3NZeGT6gbB1K4QmVWiBmgg4S7-tXoftjuUVrzt9Jc[/img]

ECONOVEMBER: Nigeria worst ENDANGERD SPECIES
ECONOVEMBER: Nigeria worst ENDANGERD SPECIES
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
TR0UBLeMaKeR: Why should you want a tinted car.. Wat r u hiding??

You need to define "tinted", as in the level of dark. Virtually all current automobile come with light green or brown glass as standard, with no option of clear glass.

From what I gather, the tint permit needs to be applied for. The applicant also has to state why tinted glass is required. Grounds for tinted windows are currently health reasons, or security purposes.

If you don't qualify, you're expected to replace the tinted windows with clear ones in a given time frame. What then happens when the car has no clear glass option? Like a current Honda Accord, Audi A4, BMW, Mercedes-Benz etc? Even current Kia Rio have tinted glass as standard!

I'm not referring to limo tints, whereby the occupants are concealed. Think back to the mid 1970's, where the non-PAN Peugeot 504 GL had green tinted windows. THAT'S the level of tint I'm referring to!

So it's not about users of vehicles with tinted windows "having something to hide". That's just what the Nigerians in power use to justify fleecing innocent motorists, you're just not astute enough to spot it.

3 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by DisGuy: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
my naija

it's about 10k

its 20k and 3 days to process

it's 25k and 12days to process
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Uket88: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
I tire oooo.....but Nigerian Police must chop na...mso wether factory or panel bitter fitted.....them no wan kw.....tinted na tinted....

2 Likes

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by LordReed(m): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
chucky234: Go to a nearby Police station, tint permit cost just N10,000.

According to my sources the permit is free but you know Naija, you need to pay "administrative" fees.

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by fimzzy1991: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Just simply get a photocopy of the newspaper, where the federal Govt categorically told the police not to disturb private car owner whose 'tint' is factory made and show the police if u are harassed. It worked for a collegue

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Aircommordo: 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
Folajay22: Please people..i need to ask this as i'm not sure..what is the current stand on the factory tinted glasses on cars..is a permit still required?
YEA, U NID 2 GET IT 4RM A POLICE STATION.
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
Yes, you need a permit for a factory tinted glass. A tinted glass that isn't factory made is not allowed at all....and no warrant can be given.

Simply put: Tinted glass has been banned.....but factory made ones have grace, so that's the reason for the permit in the first place. Only factory made get permits....others are banned! Gerrit? So it's a must not an option!
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by Anomnity: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Utchry:

There are many police folks undercover on this thread.Everyone forcefully supporting this unjustified fleecing of the masses is benefiting from it one way or the other.By the way why should such a permit cost N20,000 when it can easily be N2,000.Nigeria is done for except for God's mercy.
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by claycares: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
My people perish for lack of knowledge, I love that scripture verse. There is no law prohibiting tinted glass in Nigeria yet and from what you guys are saying on this thread. Elementary government, the National Assembly makes bills and the President must give assent to such bills (and if he refuse to give such assent, the bill must go through the whole process again and be approved by a joint sitting of both houses) before they become law. Otherwise, such bills are mere worthless paper but the Nigerian Police will still eat from Nigerians based on this worthless paper. grin

In summary, the NA just passed the bill and until it is given assent by the President, it is not yet a law. In addition, bills that are assented by the President or jointly passed by both houses must also be published in the Official Gazette of the Federal Government of Nigeria before the public can take due notice of the existence of such laws, especially where such laws are penal.

1 Like

Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by savanto: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
Amelian: Get a permit if anyone of the glass is tinted and it costs N10k.... Av not been harassed abt it, though... Even after my particulars, av been checked... And funny enough , I simply smile.....And they all become soft , friendly and give me back my papers without much ado.... grin ...isn't it lovely to be a diva?.....lol... No mind me...but Maybe outside Lagos, one could be harassed , and the police stationed out there , might say the 10k permit issued is fake, possibly.?...but not within Lagos...the price is 10k...and no hassles

Pls bro, make sure that your vehicle does not cross Ijebu-Ode downward east. You wont be smilling. This i assure you. The NGN20 is from Abuja and authentic. The one of NGN10 can be managed in Lagos if you can defend it. But dont you try taking it outside Lagos. My 2 cent.
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by stchinedu: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2015

the mother-insult tells a lot about who you really are....
BTW why would i sleep for embassy to get a visa? to go where? who's gonna live in my house here, drive my cars, hug my wife at nite, take my kids to school ? who is gonna take care of business here? abeg... my hustling days are over. tongue
cheers!!

Your comment sweet my belle. cool
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by stchinedu: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:

This na wetin this guy beed dey do too until the day wey ehn price bad market... ; grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1qfBaAEUq4o/UUx4mSJ-AbI/AAAAAAAAPEM/qgJ7evejyPE/s400/nigerian+police+arrest+abuja.jpg[/img]
Lwkmd....seriously, God bless your day! grin cheesy grin cheesy
I have been laffin since I saw this pix and your comment cheesy grin
So hilarious!
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by stchinedu: 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
savanto:

Pls bro, make sure that your vehicle does not cross Ijebu-Ode downward east. You wont be smilling. This i assure you. The NGN20 is from Abuja and authentic. The one of NGN10 can be managed in Lagos if you can defend it. But dont you try taking it outside Lagos. My 2 cent.

How do you differentiate the two? Are they of different colours or of different paper texture?
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by stchinedu: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Siena:

You need to define "tinted", as in the level of dark. Virtually all current automobile come with light green or brown glass as standard, with no option of clear glass.

From what I gather, the tint permit needs to be applied for. The applicant also has to state why tinted glass is required. Grounds for tinted windows are currently health reasons, or security purposes.

If you don't qualify, you're expected to replace the tinted windows with clear ones in a given time frame. What then happens when the car has no clear glass option? Like a current Honda Accord, Audi A4, BMW, Mercedes-Benz etc? Even current Kia Rio have tinted glass as standard!

I'm not referring to limo tints, whereby the occupants are concealed. Think back to the mid 1970's, where the non-PAN Peugeot 504 GL had green tinted windows. THAT'S the level of tint I'm referring to!

So it's not about users of vehicles with tinted windows "having something to hide". That's just what the Nigerians in power use to justify fleecing innocent motorists, you're just not astute enough to spot it.
On point!!!
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by stchinedu: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
Utchry:

Even inner light grin cheesy grin
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by ronaldbecky(m): 10:44am On Mar 04, 2016
igbsam:
What If I tint only the back glass of my car, will i be arrested ?
lwkd.....lolz most funniest joke of d century...back 2 d quest...No, u wodnt b arrest but wod spent 6months in kirikiri
Re: Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? by ronaldbecky(m): 10:49am On Mar 04, 2016
dammytosh:
You need a tint Permit.

But your approach when you get to check point is very key with or without permit.

1. Stay Calm.
2. Switch On all your inner lights especially if you have a central switch
3. Wind down your glass and greet them with courtesy and smile.
4. If you have a company id card, show them first before the driving licence.

I have done this consistently and have not been embarrassed. They will ask you to go or worst case ask you for money with Hailing. Pretend as if you want to check something for them and tell them you dnt think you can get hold of cash.

I hope that helps.
..lolzz,,,
come ph,cum try am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council / Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.