Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? (2623 Views)

I Simply Asked "Am I Wasting My Time With You?" / Am I Wasting My Time With This Guy? Pls Help!!!!!! / Am I Wasting My Beauty And Youth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by abdulkayus(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Please I need your opinion on something that is keeping me up at night. I met my boyfriend in November 2010 and after only four months of dating he proposed to me on Valentine's Day in 2011. I was really excited and believed he didn't want to waste time and was eager to marry me. But it's going to three years now since we got engaged and he hasn't said anything about a wedding. Every time I mention it he tells me I'm acting desperate that I should calm down that if he didn't want to marry me he would not have given me a ring. We are both over 30 so I don't understand the delay. What bothers me most is that he's not even talking about it. I suggested we get married the last week of December 2013 so we can begin a new life in 2014 but he said he will let me know when he's ready. Should I give him an ultimatum or just be patient?

NB: This question was asked by a lindaikeji member. so i bring it here Nairaland for your contribution.

source:http://www.lindaikeji..com/
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by skydeep(f): 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
The point here should be ''After wedding, what next?''. Its not about your getting married that matters but how prepared you are to face what comes after wedding.

Your man may be having some financial issues, more like ''Psycho-financial issues'' as I termed it grin. Maybe he is going through some family responsibility pressure.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by shegxi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Y engage d lady in d first place wen he knws he wasn't ready to marry soonest? if he was trying to use dat and scare off oda guys frm d lady, den i tink dats selfishness............havin said dis, d decision is ultimately d lady's to make.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Sijo01(f): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
shegxi: Y engage d lady in d first place wen he knws he wasn't ready to marry soonest? if he was trying to use dat and scare off oda guys frm d lady, den i tink dats selfishness............havin said dis, d decision is ultimately d lady's to make.

Well said.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
shegxi: Y engage d lady in d first place wen he knws he wasn't ready to marry soonest? if he was trying to use dat and scare off oda guys frm d lady, den i tink dats selfishness............havin said dis, d decision is ultimately d lady's to make.
just what i was about saying
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by khadupsie(f): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
I have experienced this before early last yr and I kinda draw the guys attention to it but nothing made sense instead he looked at me like a desperado.. oh well! When I cldnt take it anymore I called it off and he was surprised about the fact that I could do that. And at the same time his reaction made me believe he's not so into it. As at the last day of 2013 he's still banging on my phone, asking for us to meet up and all that... I am at that point where I really cant be bothered and the truth is am done with it. If he took me for granted before he will do it again so why put myself thru the emotional trauma. WISDOM is so needed for situations like this. what works for me may not work for you. Follow ur heart lady but the truth is the guy no ready!

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by abdulkayus(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
A funny reply on linda ikeji blog goes like this: Engagement is when you propose to a girl you are soon going to marry. Proposing to a girl to scare away guys for some years is WITCHCRAFT
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by psalm68(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
the thing with marriage and age with ladies is really becoming an issue.
I know that the decision to get married is not something u joke abt.
Btw,is the lady in question desperate because she feels she is geting old or because she feels her friends are getin married so she shld?
She shld just sit her ass down and not jump into making wrong decisions that she will later regret
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by abdulkayus(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Some guys use d notion of proposing to have free access to sex, and some gals has been brainwash that proposin means marriage. Guys are very deceitful.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by shegxi(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
psalm68: the thing with marriage and age with ladies is really becoming an issue.
I know that the decision to get married is not something u joke abt.
Btw,is the lady in question desperate because she feels she is geting old or because she feels her friends are getin married so she shld?
She shld just sit her ass down and not jump into making wrong decisions that she will later regret
my guy, gettin old or nt, her freinds gettin married or nt, 3yrs of engagement is too much, dats d mata here.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Av u eva heard of a ten year courtship dat didn't lead 2 marriage,even if d guy proposed!wat i wud advice d lady in question here 2 do is dat she sud sit ha man down and av a crious talk with im,don't mind waheva he says,he jst ask im where u stand in hez life,are u jst a gf or d mother of hez kids...i guess hez response sud let ha knw d next step 2 take.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by psalm68(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
shegxi: my guy, gettin old or nt, her freinds gettin married or nt, 3yrs of engagement is too much, dats d mata here.
dont get me wrong.3yrs or watever doesnt in anyway suggest she is wasting her time or not.i simply said she shld sit herself down,think abt her life and make decision without any pressure.datzall
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by khadupsie(f): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ermm sobwhat

abdulkayus: Some guys use d notion of proposing to have free access to sex, and some gals has been brainwash that proposin means marriage. Guys are very deceitful.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by khadupsie(f): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
So what does it mean when a guy propose to a lady o? I believe and know that when a guy gives a lady a ring they say "will you marry me" or will you be my wife" I never heard of can I engage you for donkey years.. so bro explain urself better

abdulkayus: Some guys use d notion of proposing to have free access to sex, and some gals has been brainwash that proposin means marriage. Guys are very deceitful.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by holyvirgin: 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
I keep telling guys, don't engage a lady when you are not ready to get married @least 6months after proposing. Is that so difficult? undecided

I wonder how girls allow themselves to be fooled for so long. You are way above 30 and if you still love him just be patient with him because @ your age you might have very little guys coming to ask your hand in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by vocalprince(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ok! Please take this advice as it has worked perfectly for many ppl. Sell the engagement/enchantment ring to any dealer, use the income U realise to prepare a very delicious meal(LAST SUPPER) for both of U, after the meal, explain the source and dump his sorry bottom remember the saying that "It is better late than never" in Terry G's voice *TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT*!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by fruityjojo(f): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Cheii! So dis is the new tactics ehn!
OP thanks 4 sharing, now I know wat to watch out for!
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Rosytonia(f): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
Having read ur story @op... The answer to ur question is this....

Yes, you are wasting ur time
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by abdulkayus(m): 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
khadupsie: So what does it mean when a guy propose to a lady o? I believe and know that when a guy gives a lady a ring they say "will you marry me" or will you be my wife" I never heard of can I engage you for donkey years.. so bro explain urself better

wat i means is that proposin does nt mean marriage. Have u nt seen where there is propose and engagement and marriage didnt later take place. Wen a guy propose, dont allow him access to ur kitty until after marriage. Many guys use dis proposin as a covert operation to have access to d gal under g.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
abdulkayus: A funny reply on linda ikeji blog goes like this: Engagement is when you propose to a girl you are soon going to marry. Proposing to a girl to scare away guys for some years is WITCHCRAFT
grin grin
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by khadupsie(f): 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kool! Then you shldnt have generalised it like that. Not all engagements leads to marriage is Simple enough

abdulkayus:

wat i means is that proposin does nt mean marriage. Have u nt seen where there is propose and engagement and marriage didnt later take place. Wen a guy propose, dont allow him access to ur kitty until after marriage. Many guys use dis proposin as a covert operation to have access to d gal under g.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by samtol4(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Y should a guy engaged a lady for 3years ! It is wickedness after having sex with the lady next thing he will quit.I don't believe in long courtship .it is possible that d man has some1 already just using u to warm the bed .some1 said d lady is desperate !oga u re totally wrong most guys use d bait of engagement to see the underwear of ladies ! Engaged the guy in heart to heart talk mayb he has financial problem because this days wedding and TM no b beans especially in some part of Nigeria where bride price cost die ;DY should a guy engaged a lady for 3years ! It is wickedness after having sex with the lady next thing he will quit.I don't believe in long courtship .it is possible that d man has some1 already just using u to warm the bed .some1 said d lady is desperate !oga u re totally wrong most guys use d bait of engagement to see the underwear of ladies ! Engaged the guy in heart to heart talk mayb he has financial problem because this days wedding and TM no b beans especially in some part of Nigeria where bride price cost die
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Womanitarian(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
fruityjojo: Cheii! So dis is the new tactics ehn!
OP thanks 4 sharing, now I know wat to watch out for!
U got a nice kissable lips
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by MaziOmenuko: 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
What happens @ lindaikeji, stays at lindaikeji!!!! Stop bugging us with anonymous problems.

But if its yours, I'd put in a word of advice.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 03, 2014
Best reply yet...a subtle attempt to shift traffc from here to madame ikejiz blog
Mazi_Omenuko: What happens @ lindaikeji, stays at lindaikeji!!!! Stop bugging us with anonymous problems.

But if its yours, I'd put in a word of advice.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by fruityjojo(f): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Womanitarian: U got a nice kissable lips
Hmmm Womanitarian as in Vegetarian? So guessing u eat women! Dead or Alive! Abeg carry ur diet to another.
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by ShirelleBaby: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nawa oh!
So it means even wen a man engages you,you shud still kip ur options open?
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by LajaLaba: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
fruityjojo:
Hmmm Womanitarian as in Vegetarian? So guessing u eat women! Dead or Alive! Abeg carry ur diet to another.
shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Am I Wasting My Time With This Man? by CasieJ: 7:05am On Jan 05, 2014
If that ring is a gold better sell it and free urself from bondage, if he ask u tell him ur looking for it. Keep searching for a serious one.

(1) (Reply)

Mathematical Expression To Prove dat A Pretty Girl Is Impossible To Have One Man / 10 Things A Girl Would Rather You Have Than Money / Help My Gf Just Broke Up With Me Just Bcz Of..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.