Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions - Education (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (579173 Views)

Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> / Delta State University, Abraka 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Adesam09(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nunushokoto: new hostel is approximately 26k nd old hostel is approximately 20k....u cn get d real figures at hostel.unaab.edu.ng
dats too much
pls how much is a room outside school
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by baye2023(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
rkarang:

Your posts touches me, it reminds me of what happened last year. How I couldn't sleep when the list was released last year, how I had to travel around for help, how I wept alone at home...

May Allah meet your wishes! He's our comforter, he knows the perfect time for us.....

Good luck, brother!

Amin nd u too..Thanks..God knows best!!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by baye2023(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
mdee1: Nice one, I need to be more thankful to God in all situations...wish I had a heart like yours

Yes bruv...Yours is to put God first, wish yoursef d best..whatever happens! happens!!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Benzito: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
Deyhmee: ok, be careful. i was offered admission.........
wat was ur jamb score and course,and were u given ur course @ deyhmee
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Benzito: 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
bobbyspeed:

Its because funaab admission has double standards. They say u must av not less than 45% PUTME as a first criteria for admission. Since the composite weighted average performance score was downplayed while denying those with putme score of 50% and above. These set of people also has more than 50% composite score.

The putme score is a subset of composite score so the bar for composite score should av been raised to prune down competition and select purely on merit.

But because of their deceitful act they refused to publicise cut off mark for admission.
Abeg who told u dae require 45% above b4 attaining 4 admission
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by micolaj: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Benzito: Abeg who told u dae require 45% above b4 attaining 4 admission
Abeg u told dat u nid to no dis?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by shorexng: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mchardex: .....3rd of october...u were offered admission??
My sister. Thanks.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
rkarang:

Forget about all those expensive programmes, apply to institutions that release official cut-off points or that paste candidates results for the whole universe to see (at least if you can beat the cut-off, you're sure of getting MERIT admission--- ).

Last year, a guy scored 250 in JAMB; though didn't perform well in the PUTME--got 50, he wasn't considered for "any" course in FUNAAB (he applied for Civil Engineering, he even posted his Reg on Nairaland)....

FUNAAB has low carrying capacity plus pre-university programmes plus nepotism/corruption. It has limited to zero space for merit admission.

YES, CORRUPTION HAPPENS EVERY WHERE BUT IT'S IN RELATIVE.
d main reason am thinking of taking PD or diploma is 4 me not to stay at home anoda yr doin nothin nd my parents tink its best to be dere than home....but if LASU's adm click, i might not do d pd again, jz get anoda jamb form nd pick unilag, so i would be able to study my preferd course while i go nd recieve lectures in LASU 4 d main time
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by slimyusup: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
IF YOU ARE INTRESTED, ANY QUESTIONs SHOULD BE DIRECTED AT LASU NAIRALAND. 1. APPLICATION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified
candidates for the Lagos State University
2014/2015 Post UTME Screening Tests, for
candidates seeking admission via UTME (100
level). These screening tests are mandatory
require
ments for entry into Lagos State University.
2. ELIGIBILITY:
(i) Candidates that have scored a minimum of 180
marks are eligible to participate in the Post-
UTME Screening Tests. In addition, candidates
must be at least 16 years of age.
NOTE:
Students who want to change to LASU are eligible
to apply also.
(ii) Candidates of Lagos State origin, for 100 & 200
levels will be required (if Admitted) to prove their
claims before the Independent Indigeneship
Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos
State University.
(iii) Candidates should note that ONLY the
accredited courses listed below are available for
the 2014/2015 Academic Session.
S/N FACULTY DEPARTMENT
1. ARTS
-Yoruba & Communication Arts
-English
-Arabic
-French
-Christian Religious Studies
-Islamic Religious Studies
-History & International Studies
-Philosophy
-Music
-Theatre Arts
-Portuguese / English
2. EDUCATION
-Arabic Education
-CRS Education
-Islamic Studies Education
-English Education
-French Education
-History & International Studies Education
-Yoruba Education
-Biology Education
-Chemistry Education
-Mathematics Education
-Physics Education
-Physical & Health Education
-Health Education
-Computer Science Education
-Educational Technology
-Business Education
-Accounting Education
-Educational Management
-Geography Education
-Economics Education
-Political Science Education
3. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
-Public Administration
- Marketing
- Banking & Finance
- Management Technology
-Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
-Insurance
4. SCIENCE
-Botany
-Chemistry
-Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
-Mathematics
-Physics
-Zoology
-Computer Science
5. SOCIAL SCIENCES
-Geography & Planning
-Psychology
-Political Science
-Sociology
6. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
-Transport
7. ENGINEERING
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electronics & Computer Engineering
-Chemical and Polymer Engineering
METHOD OF APPLICATION
ONLINE PAYMENT
1. Prospective students will visit
putme.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT
option in the drop down list at the top, to make
the required payment of N2,000 for the 2014/2015
LASU Post UTME screening exercise.
The prospective student would be required to
submit the following:
a)JAMB Registration Number;
b) Surname, First name, Middle name, and
c)Email Address and telephone number (both
must be active and personal to the applicant)
2. Click on PROCEED
3. On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be
used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The
candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and
proceed for PAYMENT at http://
www.quickteller.com/lasu
4. On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
(i) Click on PAY
(ii) Enter your email address, GSM number
(iii) Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3
above
(iv) Proceed to enter details of your ATM card
(v) Click Process payment
(vi) Print your Payment receipt from the screen. A
transaction message will be sent to your email
and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-
mail address and GSM number.
POST UTME REGISTRATION
1. After successful payment for LASU 2014/2015
Post UTME screening exercise, return to
putme.lasu.edu.ng and select CONTINUE
REGISTRATION option in the drop down list at the
top.
2. Prospective candidates should enter the
required details (JAMB Registration Number,
Surname and Mode of Entry – UME or DE).
3.Click on PROCEED button to load the
Registration Form. Each applicant is expected to
complete the registration form by providing the
following information.
Candidates will be required to upload a scanned
copy of their passport size photograph (File Size:
Not more than 20KB; File format: JPEG [i.e. ‘.jpg’]).
Application for change of passport photograph by
the candidates given provisional admission shall
NOT be allowed. This same passport photograph,
uploaded by such candidates, will be used on
their degree certificates.
ONLY ONE CHOICE OF COURSE OF STUDY IS
ALLOWED
Carefully study the agreement form. If you agree
to the stated terms, click on the ‘I agree’ button on
the left-hand side of the page.
Note:
If you do not agree to the stated terms you will
not be permitted to go beyond this point.
Please read and understand the terms before
registering.
Fill in all required details contained on the online
registration form. Confirm THAT DETAILS ARE
ACCURATE then click FINISH. To make changes,
before you click finish, you may click on the Edit
button.
Candidates must possess five (5) O’ Level credits
in subjects relevant to their desired course of
study at not more than two sittings.
Credit in English Language is compulsory for
admission into all courses in Lagos State
University.
Candidates awaiting the result of NABTEB, WAEC
(May/June) and NECO (June/July) 2014, are
eligible to apply.
Note that any examination taken after July 2014
shall not be accepted. Make sure you print your
Registration Form/Slip as this serves as your
entry ticket into the
Screening hall.
Candidate should know that both payment and
registration would end two (2) weeks before the
advertised date of the Screening Test.
Candidate should visit www.putme.lasu.edu.ng a
week before the advertised date of the Screening
Test to check the Sitting Arrangement and reprint
the Registration Slip.
Registration for the payment of application fee
for the 2ndPost UTME Screening starts from
Friday, 27th August, 2014 and registration closes
on Tuesday, 23rd September, 2014.
SCREENING DETAILS
DATE OF EXAMINATION: THURSDAY, 25TH
SEPTEMBER, 2014
VENUE: LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, MAIN
CAMPUS, BADAGRY
EXPRESSWAY OJO.
The detailed results of the screening tests shall be
published on the LASU website:www.lasu.edu.ng
on Saturday, 27th September, 2014
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Donkunxex(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
baye2023:

Bro u doin acc in yct ryt? Choose Oau, UI, uniben, ilorin...buy as mny frms as possible nd try stay in distinction or Strong upper

tanks boss
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ellemuah:
d main reason am thinking of taking PD or diploma is 4 me not to stay at home anoda yr doin nothin nd my parents tink its best to be dere than home....but if LASU's adm click, i might not do d pd again, jz get anoda jamb form nd pick unilag, so i would be able to study my preferd course while i go nd recieve lectures in LASU 4 d main time

Leaving home is not what matters, getting it right is what matters most.

Remember that PD or any pre-university programme is now a common household thing... Which implies that one may not eventually get what one aspires for. You have to think twice about it. Not every PD gets admission or his/her desired course. You've got to think about it.

If you can take your time to study (@least 6months of intensive preparation) all topics in Jamb syllabus (as if you want to score 100%), solve questions from 1978 to 2014 (as for me-- did Eng from 1978-2014--I did CBT, Math 2000-2014, Eco & Com from A-Z), you're sure of scoring very high in UTME (don't answer what you don't know) and by so doing increasing your chances of getting admission. Then make enquiries about your prospective school (very important), also apply to schools that call for open PUTME.... Having done all these, pray for Grace, Favour and Luck then you're sure of getting admission.

If you're planning to choose UNILAG, you must adhere strictly to the above piece of advice. If it's other school, just ensure that the school has high carrying capacity and that it does release cut-off points.

Good luck!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nunushokoto(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Adesam09: dats too much
see u...a rum at gate ranges 4rm 70k-120k
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by barackohandso(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ellemuah:

Once you matriculate in any institution, you can't write Jamb/post utme or matriculate in any other institution. So choose wisely
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by amhackdee(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
bobbyspeed:

You have same jamb score with my son. The score may be wasted if you dont take step to avail yourself of other opportunities. Lasu 2nd post utme is still on till 23rd and exam on the 25th
thank you sir, am also aware about Lasu's exam, the problem is just that Lasu doesn't offer my preferred course (economics or business admin)
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rotyme(m): 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
amhackdee: thank you sir, am also aware about Lasu's exam, the problem is just that Lasu doesn't offer my preferred course (economics or business admin)
lasu offers economics.. Dat d course my frnd graduated with...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
amhackdee: thank you sir, am also aware about Lasu's exam, the problem is just that Lasu doesn't offer my preferred course (economics or business admin)

LASU has both Economics and Business Administration. However, I don't know if they are available in the 2nd screening.

I have regs of those that are admitted for Economics and Business Administration in LASU. One of them chose UNILORIN, scored 34% in the PUTME (partly because UNILORIN PUTME is not Jamb Subject-Based) but performed excellently in LASU PUTME and got MERIT admission.

I'm wishing you good luck, sir!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
barackohandso:

Once you matriculate in any institution, you can't write Jamb/post utme or matriculate in any other institution. So choose wisely
I hear
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by slimyusup: 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
it is not that they don't offer those courses people ave occupied them in the first post utme, this is the second post utme. To occupy vacant courses.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by slimyusup: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ellemuah:
I hear
Don't mind the guy ooo, you can be in an institution and rite jamb Again, what of those people who love MBBS but were given anoda course but opt in for the course so as not to stay at home then rite anoda jamb. The mistake people make is for Example someone was given phisiotherapy in UNN but the pesin wanted MBBS, the pesin decide to honour the admission and write jamb again the following year and choose unilag, you know wen filling jamb form they ask for the former year registration number so as to make it for faster instead of the pesin to ignore that and be given anoda reg number by jamb so that the UNN jamb Reg wunt correspond with the unilag jamb Exam Reg number.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
rkarang:

Leaving home is not what matters, getting it right is what matters most.

Remember that PD or any pre-university programme is now a common household thing... Which implies that one may not eventually get what one aspires for. You have to think twice about it. Not every PD gets admission or his/her desired course. You've got to think about it.

If you can take your time to study (@least 6months of intensive preparation) all topics in Jamb syllabus (as if you want to score 100%), solve questions from 1978 to 2014 (as for me-- did Eng from 1978-2014--I did CBT, Math 2000-2014, Eco & Com from A-Z), you're sure of scoring very high in UTME (don't answer what you don't know) and by so doing increasing your chances of getting admission. Then make enquiries about your prospective school (very important), also apply to schools that call for open PUTME.... Having done all these, pray for Grace, Favour and Luck then you're sure of getting admission.

If you're planning to choose UNILAG, you must adhere strictly to the above piece of advice. If it's other school, just ensure that the school has high carrying capacity and that it does release cut-off points.

Good luck!
Tnx, buh leaving home kinda matters to me ooo but anyhow sha, also abouh d preparing 4 d jamb tin, i did d same, studied 4 d exam like my life depended on it, attended tutorial, many sleepless nite nd so on. When i did d exam, it was so simple i ws expectn very high mark bt got otherwise, i tink it was due to d fact dat i ansad all questions. Besides, High score in jamb dsnt necessarily guarantee admission, av made up my mind on my nxt step sha tnx
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
slimyusup: Don't mind the guy ooo, you can be in an institution and rite jamb Again, what of those people who love MBBS but were given anoda course but opt in for the course so as not to stay at home then rite anoda jamb. The mistake people make is for Example someone was given phisiotherapy in UNN but the pesin wanted MBBS, the pesin decide to honour the admission and write jamb again the following year and choose unilag, you know wen filling jamb form they ask for the former year registration number so as to make it for faster instead of the pesin to ignore that and be given anoda reg number by jamb so that the UNN jamb Reg wunt correspond with the unilag jamb Exam Reg number.
I jz tire 4 some pple
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by rkarang: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ellemuah:
Tnx, buh leaving home kinda matters to me ooo but anyhow sha, also abouh d preparing 4 d jamb tin, i did d same, studied 4 d exam like my life depended on it, attended tutorial, many sleepless nite nd so on. When i did d exam, it was so simple i ws expectn very high mark bt got otherwise, i tink it was due to d fact dat i ansad all questions. Besides, High score in jamb dsnt necessarily guarantee admission, av made up my mind on my nxt step sha tnx

Alright, good luck ma'am!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by barackohandso(m): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
slimyusup: Don't mind the guy ooo, you can be in an institution and rite jamb Again, what of those people who love MBBS but were given anoda course but opt in for the course so as not to stay at home then rite anoda jamb. The mistake people make is for Example someone was given phisiotherapy in UNN but the pesin wanted MBBS, the pesin decide to honour the admission and write jamb again the following year and choose unilag, you know wen filling jamb form they ask for the former year registration number so as to make it for faster instead of the pesin to ignore that and be given anoda reg number by jamb so that the UNN jamb Reg wunt correspond with the unilag jamb Exam Reg number.

Of course it's being done. It's a new rule. You can't have your name on two or more institution's book at the same time running on the same academic calender

People still do it if that's what you mean, it's not right is what my point is
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Donkunxex(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
. I tink what d guy is sayin is dat its gonna staart nextyr
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by slimyusup: 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Donkunxex: . I tink what d guy is sayin is dat its gonna staart nextyr
ok I grab now.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by baye2023(m): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Getting High Marks in Jamb or PUTMe doesnt guarantee Admission Now, It might aff done dah b4...To gain Admitted is d Koko!! whether [Legal or illegal] ko kan aye whichever [God sef no go vex if na illegal]

Being on Merit list doesnt make dem gonna b in d FirstClass grade [Even Second class upper sef]

Buh all d same ADMISSION should be a Free [No Egunje or MagoMago] nd Fair [Best student dah pass d cutoffmark shuld b given [Not by Pd or wathever u call it] nd Names shuld b listed nt d Corrupted [Check Admission status saga]……
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Eniolaawa(f): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Adesam09: dats too much
if you say this one's too much, check out the ones at Gate {outside the campus}, like 70k, the least you'll find.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by Deyhmee(f): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
jamb score: 204 course: microbiology course offered: animal breeding and genetics @ benzito [quote] wat was ur jamb score and course,and were u given ur course @ deyhmee[quote]
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by amhackdee(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
rotyme:
lasu offers economics.. Dat d course my frnd graduated with...
thanks.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by pseudonomer: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Champion01: pls bro, is it 'compulsory' to print jamb admission letter nd original jamb result with coloured printed?

Yes
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by amhackdee(m): 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
rkarang:

LASU has both Economics and Business Administration. However, I don't know if they are available in the 2nd screening.

I have regs of those that are admitted for Economics and Business Administration in LASU. One of them chose UNILORIN, scored 34% in the PUTME (partly because UNILORIN PUTME is not Jamb Subject-Based) but performed excellently in LASU PUTME and got MERIT admission.

I'm wishing you good luck, sir!
. Amen, thanks.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions by amhackdee(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
slimyusup: it is not that they don't offer those courses people ave occupied them in the first post utme, this is the second post utme. To occupy vacant courses.
thanks for your concern, I will register for it on monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (370) (Reply)

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.