Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? (2037 Views)

Methods Of Correcting The Child In Terms Of Discipline. / God Works In Mysterious Ways / Must You See A Pastor Before Choosing A Life Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2014
I wanted to post this in the religion section but I felt people might give advice based only on spiritual effects&quotes; rather than reality of life and experiences. Please no offenses to 'RELIGION SECTION'.

It happens that my mum took the names of my two aspiring wife to be to her Pastor for evaluation(dint ask her to). I wouldn't have been worried if the pastor choose the one I intended getting married to; but the pastor who claims to receive the message from God (not blasphemy) choose the one who dosen't have a wife material quality for me. She's a school dropout unlike the other one who will be through with her youth service next Febuary. Actually I'm kind of comfortable (so to say); planning my wedding with the completion of my house already in place later this year.
I really like my wife to be a full house wife but if things go wrong (pray it wont); how will she help me in the aspect of looking for job to support the family?
That's not all, she curse @ any slightest provocation even if she's the one at fault. Slapped me not once but thrice during an arguement in which she apologises and begged not to repeat itself again.

Keeps reporting me to my family&friends; in the process revealing some of my secrets to them (like my building project).
Made up my mind not marrying her but when this issue of my mum&her pastor came up. . . . I had to sit down and have a rethink over it.

Please I need your advice concerning this issue because I intend proposing to my almost faultless youth corper this March and I dont want to live a life of regrets (if I had known)!
Please dont ask me to pray over it because my faith is not that strong. . . Thanks for your time&concern.

Happy New Year Folks!
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by wbankz(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
O boy put on your thinking cap ooo dont let anybody mislead u.....there are many marriage breakup today because of these so called men of God says...am not saying the pastor is fake oo but since u believe n worship God why can't u seek his face your self instead of sending someone to inquire what God says.....its pretty funny how many christain behave like bastards u called God your father u can't talk to him your self instead you inquire another person to talk to your father think twice my brother

2 Likes

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
I don't understand this concept that some men use when getting married. You already know who you want so how is this unwanted woman still in the picture to the point of making it to the list of wife to be. If it had been one name on the paper the pastor would most likely have prayed and said perfect.

You are the confused person. This is a lady you should have been clear with that its over as soon as you made your choice not using as her as a fall back girl or for whatever reason you kept her in your life. From the way you described her, if its true then you don't need any pastor to look into the future for you.

And seriously don't you trust your own self?

5 Likes

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 11:02am On Jan 03, 2014
wbankz: O boy put on your thinking cap ooo dont let anybody mislead u.....there are many marriage breakup today because of these so called men of God says...am not saying the pastor is fake oo but since u believe n worship God why can't u seek his face your self instead of sending someone to inquire what God says.....its pretty funny how many christain behave like bastards u called God your father u can't talk to him your self instead you inquire another person to talk to your father think twice my brother
Thanks for the advice! I already told you that my faith is not that strong. I pray but not to the extent of expecting revelations. Not all people are gifted; besides I dint send my mum to make any enquiry on my behalf if you go through my post. Anyway thanks!
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by 4tunebest(f): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2014
reap40:

That's not all, she curse @ any slightest provocation even if she's the one at fault. Slapped me not once but thrice during an arguement in which she apologises and begged not to repeat itself again.

Keeps reporting me to my family&friends; in the process revealing some of my secrets to them (like my building project).

Made up my mind not marrying her but when this issue of my mum&her pastor came up. . . . I had to sit down and have a rethink over it.
Happy New Year Folks!

Your mum wants the best for you, but taking the names of your intendeds to her pastor isnt the best approach.
Come to think of it. The one your pastor chose (I dont believe God did cos God isnt a confusionist) uses curse words, she cant keep your secrets, she continually involves 3rd parties in your relationship, and the icing on the cake: she has slapped you not once but three times? Do you think she would change when you get married?

You bera wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by 4tunebest(f): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2014
reap40:
Thanks for the advice! I already told you that my faith is not that strong. I pray but not to the extent of expecting revelations.

When you dont see visions in cases like this, go with the peace/fear/anxiety you feel at the thought of spending the rest of your life with that person. Just my opinion, doesnt make it the rule

3 Likes

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by Tallotti: 11:17am On Jan 03, 2014
Ask all the PASTORS AND PASTORESSES that have been issued SERIAL DIE-VORCE PAPERS like CHRIS OKOTIE OR BENNY HINN! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by chyseth(m): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2014
My dear, its well with u.

See, there are so many ways God speaks to his children, it might not be a loud voice saying 'READP40 REAP4O i am the lord thy God, marry XYZ' it could be through these signs you just noticed.

I have heard times, my parents did same with me, i did not end up with any of them- am not married though, but decisions like these goes beyond one prophesy of one MoG like that who was presented with two options to choose from. have you ask yourself, what if your mother had mistakenly taken two other ladies pix to the MoG to choose from, he would have probably also chosen an option for u from them.

No doubt God speaks, but its not only through the mouth of prophets. he can also show definite signs that will serve as pointers to you that the marriage will not sail smoothly.

There is an Igbo proverb that says' onye anadu, atufu kwala ako n'uche ya' meaning he that is being advised, should not throw away his own discretion or common sense.

My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2014
My Brother,

Marriage is about agreement. All respect to your mom's pastor. Don't be deceived at all with ur mom's moves.

1) Follow what you believe will work 4 u. The Youth corper is your wife comparing the two. She has more sterling qualities. That other DROP OUT will wreck your life. She may even slice ur JOYSTICK (a case that was reported on Nairaland)

2) Following that DROPOUT will destroy ur work, business, plans and ur future. Can't you see she has dropped out? A Drop-out woman begets a drop-out husband.

3. Do NOT discuss that DROP-OUT with your mother again. If you do, I will send you some HOT SLAPS!!!

4. Move on with your life and propose to your YOUTH CORPER girl.

5. Pray and curse that DROP OUT if she disturbs you again. Wake up Bro!

1 Like

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by bellong: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Have you been to "Jerusalem" with this "uncultured" future wife?
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by ifyalways(f): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
No,I personally don't think so.
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by bluuu: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
follow ur heart but carry ur brain along

2 Likes

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
bellong: Have you been to "Jerusalem" with this "uncultured" future wife?
lol! Hmnnnn! I said I'm comfortable but not to the extent of spending my money frivolous issue. Thanks for your concern
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
reap40:
lol! Hmnnnn! I said I'm comfortable but not to the extent of spending my money frivolous issue. Thanks for your concern

I don't believe he meant the physical "jerusalem"
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
The pastor chose the lady that ll give you enough problems in future,that way you ll keep running back to him.

I don't believe in such prophesies undecided.

1 Like

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by RedReact: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
I will address the situation from certain perspectives;
Sometimes, human beings are smart and end up getting confused despite the smartness. What is the Op doing with 2 ladies when he already knows the person most likely to hit the target? If that is not trying to play smart, what should it be called? Assuming the bad lady was the one that you got along with in the first place, the time she started divulging your secrets out was the time you would have known the end-point of your relationship with her. As if that was not enough, she raised her hands against you. Even if the other lady had not shown up at all, shouldn't you call it quits with her when you realized her character? When the proper lady showed up, you still clung to he, what for? How would you convince me that you didn't bring the confusion to yourself?
As per taking the names of people to pastor to pray, I will 'honorably' say it that the pastor is not sincere at all or 'pastored' your case accurately. If he had been sincere, he would have asked you to come and talk with him (or her) one-on-one or ask you to pray about it yourself (let's assume that both ladies are now of good character).
I always tell people that they are the first prophet of their lives before any other. When issues like yours come up, 'revelations' from a pastor is like a confirmation of what God has been saying, but due to the fact that majority of we christians are not cognizant of our relationship with our maker, we end up missing the time He speaks to us. Whatever the pastor says is meant to be 'secondary' to the conviction you hold yourself. This conviction does not necessarily mean you will dream or hear a loud voice screaming near your ear, but peace in your heart does it most of the time (this even happens to those who hear God audibly).

To your question (I won't be 'spirikoko' about it because that is not what is called prophecy), sometimes prophecy works and sometimes it WON'T work; reason is because for every prophecy to work there must be contribution towards making it work. The fact that a pastor says the Lord reveals to him that I will be swimming in millions does not mean I should now fold my hands and watch as things unfold with the expectation of the millions or not work towards achieving it.

Finally, if you carry your head go marry the 'slapper' thinking she would change tomorrow, na OYO you dey o wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
byvan: The pastor chose the lady that ll give you enough problems in future,that way you ll keep running back to him.

I don't believe in such prophesies undecided.

Mee too! Just that one cant rewind the hands of time. . . It's once in a lifetime event (marriage). Second marriage not in my plan.
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by IseOluwa777(m): 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
Op,to answer your question directly, no, you have no need of prophecy for marriage. It is based exclusively on love. And love is God, and God is His Word. While being a dropout has no bearing on marital success, other characters the lady has manifested like slapping you , cursing etc are not going to go away when you marry her. They will only get worse, except Christ truly comes in to her life.

This is not to say that the youth corper is the one either. If you are convinced that she will still love and obey you if you loose your job, health, house, car conveniences, then she is the one. But will you still love her if she looses her beauty, cant get a job or becomes a burden to you in any way in the future?

1 Like

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by IseOluwa777(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
And truly Op, you have no business keeping two ladies at the same time for marriage. That is very unkind.
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
RedReact: I will address the situation from certain perspectives;
Sometimes, human beings are smart and end up getting confused despite the smartness. What is the Op doing with 2 ladies when he already knows the person most likely to hit the target? If that is not trying to play smart, what should it be called? Assuming the bad lady was the one that you got along with in the first place, the time she started divulging your secrets out was the time you would have known the end-point of your relationship with her. As if that was not enough, she raised her hands against you. Even if the other lady had not shown up at all, shouldn't you call it quits with her when you realized her character? When the proper lady showed up, you still clung to he, what for? How would you convince me that you didn't bring the confusion to yourself?
As per taking the names of people to pastor to pray, I will 'honorably' say it that the pastor is not sincere at all or 'pastored' your case accurately. If he had been sincere, he would have asked you to come and talk with him (or her) one-on-one or ask you to pray about it yourself (let's assume that both ladies are now of good character).
I always tell people that they are the first prophet of their lives before any other. When issues like yours come up, 'revelations' from a pastor is like a confirmation of what God has been saying, but due to the fact that majority of we christians are not cognizant of our relationship with our maker, we end up missing the time He speaks to us. Whatever the pastor says is meant to be 'secondary' to the conviction you hold yourself. This conviction does not necessarily mean you will dream or hear a loud voice screaming near your ear, but peace in your heart does it most of the time (this even happens to those who hear God audibly).

To your question (I won't be 'spirikoko' about it because that is not what is called prophecy), sometimes prophecy works and sometimes it WON'T work; reason is because for every prophecy to work there must be contribution towards making it work. The fact that a pastor says the Lord reveals to him that I will be swimming in millions does not mean I should now fold my hands and watch as things unfold with the expectation of the millions or not work towards achieving it.

Finally, if you carry your head go marry the 'slapper' thinking she would change tomorrow, na OYO you dey o wink wink

Dont judge me for dating two ladies at the same time! My first friend pushed me out with her behaviour and she's aware of me dating another person. I tried chasing her away but she just wont let me be.
All your point are well noted even the one with 'IF' is well considered.. Thanks alot for your time!
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
IseOluwa777: Op,to answer your question directly, no, you have no need of prophecy for marriage. It is based exclusively on love. And love is God, and God is His Word. While being a dropout has no bearing on marital success, other characters the lady has manifested like slapping you , cursing etc are not going to go away when you marry her. They will only get worse, except Christ truly comes in to her life.

This is not to say that the youth corper is the one either. If you are convinced that she will still love and obey you if you loose your job, health, house, car conveniences, then she is the one. But will you still love her if she looses her beauty, cant get a job or becomes a burden to you in any way in the future?
Not into prophecy myself but this time I just ve to take an exception because of the lifetime events involves. And as for the 'IF' questions; scientist have not found the right puzzle for it. 'IF' questions can be applied to all faces of life because we dont know what tommorow will hold.
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by khadupsie(f): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hmm..the fact that you have 2 people that are potential is on its own a hassle because at the end of the day you will be breaking somebody's heart.

But I will advice this, if you really must have a pastor help you make findings I think you should go ahead and do it on your own not involving anybody in the family. Sometimes family think they are helping but they mount all sort of pressure on you... so make it a journey that only you will embark on.

Lastly follow your heart!
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by mgbeketoto: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
WHO SAYS GOD CANNOT CHANGE HIS MIND HUHN? wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlQ4lc9EIjE
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by mgbeketoto: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by mgbeketoto: 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by mgbeketoto: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by mgbeketoto: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
HOW MANY MATTERS OF 'PROPHECY' WE WANNO JUDGE? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwAtXDcDQo
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by sexyglow(f): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
My dear,go to God in prayers ask him to direct you and he will.do not do it on your own and do not let anybody determine your future ,a single ,mistake can ruin your destiny and that of those attached to your marriage.(speaking fRom the religious point of view)
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by LerrieJohn(f): 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dear OP you seem surprise at your pastors choice and are finding reasons why your pastors choice is not wise for you. In your presentation you highlighted all the negative attributes of the lady your pastor chose for you ( man beater, school drop out, etc) and you highlighted that the other lady of interest is an "almost faultless youth corper".
What I don't understand is where your confusion lies? I could come up with my own assumptions but they may not be right.
If the choice of your mother and pastor is as bad as you painted her and your youth corper is as angelic as you described, then your choice is made.

1 Like

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by reap40: 9:49am On Jan 05, 2014
@Lerrie John, thank you very much. Your advice is well noted. Maybe the way I'm brought up gave me a slight benefit of doubt about the whole issue.
When growing up with my parents; we all attended a visionary/phophecy church(not mentioning the name of the church). They always forsee things before they happen. Most times real. . . While sometimes they ask you to fast&pray&advanced thanksgiving to avoid such bad times/events.
Anytime a visionary forsees something bad but not to the extent of death; my mum usually ignore them but keeps on praying over the issue on her own. But if it's death vision (no remedy). Even if you ask her to take a spiritual bathing in River Niger; she's ready to do it.
In shorter words; I had grown to know that there's no life after death; one only posses one life to live. To destined my life to my almost faultless wife or a life-shortening wife in the name of phophecy/visionary. But come to think of it; some of those phophecy then usually comes to past.
Very scared right now.... Contemplating of leaving my youth-corper right now n start searchin for another girl.
Just confused. .
Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by bellong: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Not until you decide to walk with God yourself, you will keep getting confused about a lot of issues. Choosing a life partner is only one of many events that will confuse you.

What exactly do you understand by prophecy and vision? How do you think God operates in the lives of people? What are the things you think you should watch out for in a potential spouse? If you can't answer any of these from God's word, then I can assure you, confusion is an understatement about your present situation.

NB: Be sure that if you had slept with the lady in question, it will surely affect the spiritual perception of your prophet except he is meticulous enough to probe further.

The issue of marriage is your cross to bear and not for any pastor or seer....

1 Like

Re: Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? by Maipride(f): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2014
@Op.. You are truly confused!

With all †ђξ advices above, you are still confused as ever.

Even if you marry your corper GF, you will have problems.. You know why? Because you have nurtured †ђξ prophecy, cultivated it with your believe and fears and it will germinate because of your consciousness.

You are †ђξ one going to live with your wife and nt some pastoram you are a god yourself, why don't you just seek †ђξ face of God yourself than listening to more confusion?
Go with who gives you peace and i really doubt you will do that.

Anyway, may God see you through and help you decide wisely.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stranded Groom To Be / ##What A Sad Story It Was##.. / Yippie Its My Birthday HBD To Me -happy Birthday To Domopps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.