Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 (1368 Views)

When She Came Along With Her Friends On a date (funny Pics) / When Your Uncle Is A Fool At 40(picture) / Ladies 10 Things To Know That He Came For The Body. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by eeewise(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
My cousin after spending 20yrs in canada @ age 40 came back to marry a nigerian.got me thinking..is there shortage of marriagable ladies in canada or what?why cudnt he jst get sme1 der to marry
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by KELVINXY: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
U're supoz to be proud of him angry

Besides did he let u know dat he isn't married dere.? undecided
Cus most of d guys dere do have wives over dere but d ones they have back home is d real deal.

1 Like

Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by GoodFaith: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
eeewise: My cousin after spending 20yrs in canada @ age 40 came back to marry a nigerian.got me thinking..is there shortage of marriagable ladies in canada or what?why cudnt he jst get sme1 der to marry
There are lot of girls in Canada
If the dude was smart he should have married a jamo or any of the Caribbean girls (West indies)
There are of lot Nigerians girls that moved from Europe to Canada after walking the streets of Eutope
Marriage is luck

1 Like

Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by eeewise(m): 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
KELVIN-XY:
U're supoz to be proud of him angry

Besides did he let u know dat he isn't married dere.? undecided
Cus most of d guys dere do have wives over dere but d ones they have back home is d real deal.
thnks but he isnt married o.he only had girlfriends over there
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by Dyt(f): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Later now they will say naija babes are this n dat
Shior
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by KELVINXY: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
eeewise: thnks but he isnt married o.he only had girlfriends over there
Hmmm
Dats Alrite

Sumtyms it's gud to be stable enuf before making a family..
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by KELVINXY: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dyt: Later now they will say naija babes are this n dat
Shior

Don't flatter urself wink

Believ me,maybe he is only doing it bcus of his family.u knw d cultures here
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by Dyt(f): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
KELVIN-XY:

Don't flatter urself wink

Believ me,maybe he is only doing it bcus of his family.u knw d cultures here

Like he's ^ not after a naija babe
Shior
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by KELVINXY: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dyt:

Like he's ^ not after a naija babe
Shior

No oo
I'm a seminarian o grin
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by eeewise(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
But in my opinion I think ,issues like child support,alimony might be d reason why he did that#jst saying sha
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by Tedpgrass: 1:47am On Jan 05, 2014
There are different reasons for your cousin's actions....
He'll be in a better position to explain why.

Different reasons abound.....
1)Lack of financial stability,
2) earnest pursuit of a professional career leading to a time-poor attempts at relationships
3) strong cultural feelings of indebtedness...hence marry "within"
4) gotten a reputation as a "player", so few potential spouses take him seriously;
5) down-low brother

What I find funny is..... you can't comfortably suss out the girls on ur side of the pond, what makes you think you can suss out those on the other side, in such a short time period (holiday) Families often get it soooo wrong... they don't even know you anymore, after 20 yrs away!!!

What's to stop ur imported bride from learning about her legal entitlements and cleaning him out financially in a few years of marriage

I remember there was an upsurge of girls in the UK going to Naija to get husbands in the late 00's.... most of the girls had stories to tell, a few unlucky ones realised the sham they had walked into only a few months into their marriages.
This was similar to the American experience, a decade earlier, when bros from a certain part of the country were importing brides to become workhorses after procreation had resulted in 2-3 offsprings which officially afforded these men, the title.... Househusband!!!

Last words..... divine enablement and guidance is the way forward...

1 Like

Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by eeewise(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Tedpgrass:

There are different reasons for your cousin's actions....
He'll be in a better position to explain why.

Different reasons abound.....
1)Lack of financial stability,
2) earnest pursuit of a professional career leading to a time-poor attempts at relationships
3) strong cultural feelings of indebtedness...hence marry "within"
4) gotten a reputation as a "player", so few potential spouses take him seriously;
5) down-low brother

What I find funny is..... you can't comfortably suss out the girls on ur side of the pond, what makes you think you can suss out those on the other side, in such a short time period (holiday) Families often get it soooo wrong... they don't even know you anymore, after 20 yrs away!!!

What's to stop ur imported bride from learning about her legal entitlements and cleaning him out financially in a few years of marriage

I remember there was an upsurge of girls in the UK going to Naija to get husbands in the late 00's.... most of the girls had stories to tell, a few unlucky ones realised the sham they had walked into only a few months into their marriages.
This was similar to the American experience, a decade earlier, when bros from a certain part of the country were importing brides to become workhorses after procreation had resulted in 2-3 offsprings which officially afforded these men, the title.... Househusband!!!

Last words..... divine enablement and guidance is the way forward...

u re very right,especially the "last words"
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by Dubemkelly(m): 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Its not a crime nd not ur damn business, he ever came back to marry nd never 4got where he comes from....Well in Nigeria,girls be like if he stays in Lag n I'm in PH,its not gonna work cos of Distance buh if he stays in the UK or US, all that matters is love n distance can't be a barrier
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by bknight: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
undecided
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by lilmax(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by Tedpgrass: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dubemkelly: Its not a crime nd not ur damn business, he ever came back to marry nd never 4got where he comes from....Well in Nigeria,girls be like if he stays in Lag n I'm in PH,its not gonna work cos of Distance buh if he stays in the UK or US, all that matters is love n distance can't be a barrier

A smart bro shouldn't touch that sort of girl described above with a long pole......
It's obvious she's out for what she can get and doesn't like/love him at all.

To your opening line, ur choice of marriage partner is entirely ur decision!!!
I'm certain there will be ladies of the same cultural slant abounding at his workbase, hence that as an excuse to "fish" in Naija isnt tenable.

U want a mail-order bride or husband, u have little in common with: other than a subscription to a culture which u r likely to practice differently, that's ur cuppa!!

But when the "center doesn't hold" or "things start to fall apart", don't claim ignorance, but accept that some foolishness with a naive attitude is the cause.

If you have to make such decisions, make sure contingency plans are in place.... to protect all parties involved, particularly once children are involved!!

1 Like

Re: He Came Frm Canada To Marry A Nigerian At 40 by eeewise(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dubemkelly: Its not a crime nd not ur damn business, he ever came back to marry nd never 4got where he comes from....Well in Nigeria,girls be like if he stays in Lag n I'm in PH,its not gonna work cos of Distance buh if he stays in the UK or US, all that matters is love n distance can't be a barrier
lmao kia nigeria girls *faints*

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Like Most About Your Partner? / Love Hurts!! 4 Things You Must NEVER Do After A Break Up / Have You Noticed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.