Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. (3618 Views)

Reject Public Money Stolen By Your Husbands, Sultan Advises Women / NTA Is Pathetically Biased / Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Is Very Biased And Partisan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 2:06am On Jan 06, 2014
The nigerian television authority(nta) is a disgrace to our nation. Considering all the money pumped into it, it has esceedingly poor programing, lack of creativity,etc...even their news set is a disgrace compared to that of AIT, channels,TVC or even STV. And does are private ventures who can only dream of the amount of government money NTA enjoys. NTA loves to cast itself an an african BBC, but unlike the NTA, the BBC has broken boundaries in every sphere of programing by employing talent and thinking big. Be it in news were they are the most popular news broadcaster in the world, entertainment were they have come up with great and global programs like merlin, top gear,the weakest link,cbbies,etc. In their attempt to immitate the BBC, NTA has created a series of channels. NTA news 24,NTA sports, NTA entertainment, NTA kids, NTA igbo,yoruba and hausa,etc but non of the channels have a single show or programing that interest a nigerian audience, talk less of foreign. If wale adenuga can come up with soaps like this life, super story,papa ajasco,etc, why can't NTA with their superior funding? NTA is just a blackhole for the nigerian people's money and I ask what should be done with it? Change managment or sell it off to private investors?

Below: news sets of NTA,AIT and TVC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by bigtt76(f): 3:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmm ...if den say privatise now, we go begin hear noise of 'few people' go hijack am as we've been hearing about the refineries. Truth is government has no business running these things. They are nothing but sinkholes for government funds for very few people.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by ITbomb(m): 3:50am On Jan 06, 2014
Whenever I see the news set of NTA shake as the camera is being zoom in, I feel so embarrassed
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by skyscraperTM(m): 5:04am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA is a disgrace. Thank God I don't watch that station.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 06, 2014
They need a stronger technical expertise. Digital Media professionals should be consulted. NTA is still in the 90s, shame.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by ba7man(m): 6:54am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA's on-screen resolution has a way of sapping the happiness out of you.

You become sad all of a sudden and the channel comes with this monotonous buzzing sound that keeps me constantly irritated.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 06, 2014
Last night, NTA had no sound in there broadcast. The picture quality is so dull it makes one sleepy. And what's with that reporter that can't pronounce his name rite : "mu-ham-mad abu-kar-do". NTA is not a national broadcasting agency rather a national disgrace
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA is a good station but it needs a newer standard,All I talk be say UPGRADE
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by kokoA(m): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA still exist? :O wow! I never knew.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2014
bigtt76: Hmmm ...if den say privatise now, we go begin hear noise of 'few people' go hijack am as we've been hearing about the refineries. Truth is government has no business running these things. They are nothing but sinkholes for government funds for very few people.
there is a big difference between privatizing refinaries and a national broadcaster. The former is more expensive and has more effect on the people, nobody will care if NTA is privatized.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by goldfish80(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2014
Nta is a national disgrace. With their logo which is like a blast fromt he 70's. Am sure if they had their way, they will go back to the dark years of 4pm to 10pm studio time.
Its embarrasing that cnn,aljazera and bbc are always first to report plane crash or other emergency situation in Nigeria while nta are busy running Nigeria good people great nation jingle.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Super1759: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2014
I rather watch "tom and jerry" to anything on NTA. Most of their news are old news,after the news has gone viral even here on nairaland, them go show am say na "breaking news"
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2014
liberty300: Last night, NTA had no sound in there broadcast. The picture quality is so dull it makes one sleepy. And what's with that reporter that can't pronounce his name rite : "mu-ham-mad abu-kar-do". NTA is not a national broadcasting agency rather a national disgrace
funny enough, muhammad abukardo is their flagship journalist, and this is a washed out old man, another one is their national assembly correspondent, bosedi adebayo The woman looks as if she is forced everyday to do her job! Her interviews with members of the national assembly are shambolic and you'll think for someone covering the national assembly for years, she'll know some of the members by name. Instead everyday,every interview she ask for name and forgets it mindway into the interview and start calling them "mr senator" or "mr honorable"

1 Like

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by nickz(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Who still watches NTA angry angry angry BTW:do they still do that 'morning express' prgramme....very dry I'll rather watch AIT/STV
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Super1759: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2014
I travelled home and my parents uses the "startimes" and I tuned to the NTAsports...all the days I stayed till I left,no current sports was shown...they were showing the last olympics,...very crazy
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Ayekotoo(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2014
bigtt76: Hmmm ...if den say privatise now, we go begin hear noise of 'few people' go hijack am as we've been hearing about the refineries. Truth is government has no business running these things. They are nothing but sinkholes for government funds for very few people.
why privatization? don't we have stations being managed by Nigerians? Take a look at Tajudeen Adepetu's stations suchas Soundcity, ONTV, you will be marveled at their display of professionalism. All NTA needs is competent hands and not politicians.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by ginezz: 8:16am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA is government owned. The bureaucracy to show change is humongous. Believe me.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Ayekotoo(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2014
nickz: Who still watches NTA angry angry angry BTW:do they still do than 'morning express' prgramme....very dry I'll rather watch AIT/STV
AIT, MITV are shadow of themselves. They lack professionalism but are creative unlike NTA which lacks both. CHANNELS, TVC, STV, ONTV are smiling to the banks with very strong viewers' base
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Ayekotoo:
why privatization? don't we have stations being managed by Nigerians? Take a look at Tajudeen Adepetu's stations suchas Soundcity, ONTV, you will be marveled at their display of professionalism. All NTA needs is competent hands and not politicians.
and such professionalism won't come to NTA while it is owned by the government. Corruption and favoritism over professionalism will always reign!

1 Like

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by ypepe: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2014
These peeps r vexing!
U want news about naija, go online.
NTA is for our parents and grannies, or retired folks.

And if u say privatization,some folks will protest seriously!
I think where they r now is where Ben Murray Bruce left them some yrs back.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by captcochrane(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2014
liberty300: And what's with that reporter that can't pronounce his name rite : "mu-ham-mad abu-kar-do"

ah ah, dts ow he has been pronuncing it since
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 8:27am On Jan 06, 2014
Super1759: I travelled home and my parents uses the "startimes" and I tuned to the NTAsports...all the days I stayed till I left,no current sports was shown...they were showing the last olympics,...very crazy
you're spot on! That's all that channel is for, showing old olympics, commonwealth games,etc..it's so ridiculous. What stops them from having seasoned football analyst and showing current matches,even the nigerian local league. With good commentry, analysis, etc they might muster some nigerian interest in our local league. How many channels can afford a dedicated sports channels? Yet, NTA waste it's own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Superstar007(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA dey vex me gan. Maybe the need to change their management board to younger people and not those Old folks who still think that we are in the 90s
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by skullz: 8:42am On Jan 06, 2014
Mooooohamad abdulkadir!!angry

Cyril stober: Over to our Kaduna network station

Cyril stober: *waits*

Cyril stober: *smiles*

Cyril stober: Sorry about that we are experiencing a technical delay
angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2014
All Nigerian TV stations are really bad, but NTA stands out! If you watch BBC and they are airing a national/international event, the commentry always go with a matching on-screen text, and that makes comprehension of the event easier for the viewers! But in Naija angry its either you have no on-screen text or you have stupd text going with rubbish graphics embarassed and the audio commentary? you may not even hear anything undecided
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by PaulJohn1: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2014
since WNTV as it was called then was handed over to the Nigerian government, little or no progress has been made. As at now, no news channel in nigeria is presetable outside African not even ait or channels tv. Except for 'TVC News' (not Tvc), which doesn't even concentre on nigerian news.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 06, 2014
Paul John: since WNTV as it was called then was handed over to the Nigerian government, little or no progress has been made. As at now, no news channel in nigeria is presetable outside African not even ait or channels tv. Except for 'TVC News' (not Tvc), which doesn't even concentre on nigerian news.
TVC is not even owned by a Nigerian! Its like its owned by a lebanesse(I dont kno if im correct)
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
NTA is a huge joke,thanks to pay TV,those f00ls would have kept us in stone age,with their over outdated programmes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2014
wazoboy: TVC is not even owned by a Nigerian! Its like its owned by a lebanesse(I dont kno if im correct)
yes. It's foreign owned.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Symphony007: 9:04am On Jan 06, 2014
skullz: Mooooohamad abdulkadir!!angry

angry angry
epic!!!!!

1 Like

Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by eyenCalabar(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2014
What is NTA sef? I never finish with Channels or AIT na NTA I wan go watch? Na wa for una o.
Re: NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. by Super1759: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
skullz: Mooooohamad abdulkadir!!angry

angry angry

You killed it there.
Some times,instead of showing the kaduna network station as announce, lagos station surfaces...and confusion comes up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revelation Prophet Reveals Election Results.. / Deziani Again? We Thought You Were Sick? / Ironic And Hypocritical Ways Nigerians React To Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.