Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

He Is Back At It Again... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is Back At It Again... (2893 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 06, 2014
So I was dating a wonderful Hausa man who had everything I wanted in a man except he was a Muslim in Christian clothing. No matter what he said, the conversation always went back to Muslim practices and at the end of the day I'm not giving up my Jesus for anyone. Anyway I decided to back away from him because I didn't want to end up being married to a man who was secretly Muslim. My long time Igbo friend is still around. My family loves him, but I have never given our relationship a real chance because he is not a US citizen. He is a legal resident, but the horror stories I have read about foreign men and American women have scared me.
Recently he gave me some kola nuts, bitter kola, and as always prepared my favorite Nigerian foods. He described the ceremony when welcoming visitors into your home, told me Lekki would be a nice place to live, and said he needed to speak with his uncle (here in the US) about me. No matter who I date (American or Nigerian), I always end up comparing the person to him. He is God fearing, well educated, very sensible, and we are great friends. Besides the citizenship issue, I have another concern...

Is it true that most Nigerian men are not very interested in pleasing their wives intimately? undecided

1 Like

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Mynd44: 3:37am On Jan 06, 2014
Is this some kind of joke?

1 Like

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 06, 2014
Mynd_44: Is this some kind of joke?

No it's not a joke. If you don't like the question, scurry along.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by stinggy(m): 3:53am On Jan 06, 2014
Ask Ifa grin
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 06, 2014
stinggy: Ask Ifa grin

We have a comedian... I think the problem is that when a person has too many good choices, they end up not making a decision. I don't want to end up alone because I am being too picky embarassed.

1 Like

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by skyscraperTM(m): 5:07am On Jan 06, 2014
Damm! The op is so brainless, I doubt how you were able to secure a visa.

1 Like

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 06, 2014
sкчscrαρεr™:
Damm! The op is so brainless, I doubt how you were able to secure a visa.

LOL another comedian. Why would I need to "secure a visa"?? I'm American my dear.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by OCTAVO: 5:56am On Jan 06, 2014
Nawa o grin
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by stinggy(m): 6:01am On Jan 06, 2014
FlowerPower:

We have a comedian... I think the problem is that when a person has too many good choices, they end up not making a decision. I don't want to end up alone because I am being too picky embarassed.
I undstnd ur point nw. Not too bad to b picky especially as ds is a lifetime decision, we all wnt d best for ourselves. Mayb u shld try me too, I'm available also cheesy
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Afrok(m): 6:06am On Jan 06, 2014
stinggy:
I undstnd ur point nw. Not too bad to b picky especially as ds is a lifetime decision, we all wnt d best for ourselves. Mayb u shld try me too, I'm available also cheesy
I'm an American don dey warrant unnecessary applications cool
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by stinggy(m): 6:46am On Jan 06, 2014
Afro-k:
I'm an American don dey warrant unnecessary applications cool
Badt guy, u wan dey folo me around abi?
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by texanomaly(f): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2014
FlowerPower: So I was dating a wonderful Hausa man who had everything I wanted in a man except he was a Muslim in Christian clothing. No matter what he said, the conversation always went back to Muslim practices and at the end of the day I'm not giving up my Jesus for anyone. Anyway I decided to back away from him because I didn't want to end up being married to a man who was secretly Muslim. My long time Igbo friend is still around. My family loves him, but I have never given our relationship a real chance because he is not a US citizen. He is a legal resident, but the horror stories I have read about foreign men and American women have scared me.
Recently he gave me some kola nuts, bitter kola, and as always prepared my favorite Nigerian foods. He described the ceremony when welcoming visitors into your home, told me Lekki would be a nice place to live, and said he needed to speak with his uncle (here in the US) about me. No matter who I date (American or Nigerian), I always end up comparing the person to him. He is God fearing, well educated, very sensible, and we are great friends. Besides the citizenship issue, I have another concern...

Is it true that most Nigerian men are not very interested in pleasing their wives intimately? undecided

First of all, where did you hear the bolded? smh... Are your parents Nigeria-American?
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by UjSizzle(f): 9:05am On Jan 06, 2014
lol OP you are a comedian. All that story just to ask that question? grin grin

I don't know sha, let the guys answer for themselves tongue
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 06, 2014
@ op, What exactly are u saying?? Who is the issue about here? The muslim hausa guy or the ibo dude that gave you kola??
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by WackyJ1(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2014
FlowerPower you need to read Americanah by Chimamanda

1 Like

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Vyolet(f): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2014
Is your problem about the hausa secret muslim guy,your igbo guy or the fact that you heard nigerian men are not good intimately? You are not coherent unless you are joking around.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Coldfaya(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2014
Vyolet: Is your problem about the hausa secret muslim guy,your igbo guy or the fact that you heard nigerian men arw not good intimately? You are not coherent unless you are joking around.

Confusion, too many tins in her head.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by shizzle11(m): 10:36am On Jan 06, 2014
texanomaly:

First of all, where did you hear the bolded? smh... Are your parents Nigeria-American?
op, to start with answer this first
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by numericalguy(m): 10:39am On Jan 06, 2014
OP seems to me like a dumb girl who's only reason for posting on NL is to advertise that she's amercan..
OP, you think you are young and beautiful now abi! No worry, by the time you are 48yrs old, lonely and single you go know.
All these attension seeking girls. Smh..
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by betsyvieB: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2014
They're hospitable and warm. We all do that if the person is wanted.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
texanomaly:

I've heard it from Nigerian and American women on several occasions.

Vyolet: Is your problem about the hausa secret muslim guy,your igbo guy or the fact that you heard nigerian men are not good intimately? You are not coherent unless you are joking around.

All of the above. However I've now made up my mind that I don't want the Hausa guy. I don't want to be with a Muslim man even if everything else seems perfect. My Igbo friend is a loyal companion. He never wavers and is always there for me. My problem is that I am holding out for the "best" man, whether he is American, Nigerian, or other. However if I don't settle down soon, I'm going to end up with no one. Also...

I want a husband who is good in bed wink.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Lovexme(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
FlowerPower:
I want a husband who is good in bed wink.

Sample all eligible guys you can grasp, and if you're still not satisfied, you could mail me for some sexual healing:wink
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lovexme:

Sample all eligible guys you can grasp, and if you're still not satisfied, you could mail me for some sexual healing:wink

No, no. It would be selfish of me to deprive all the other young ladies in the world tongue.

I do have another question, since no one seems to have an opinion on Nigerian men and their intimate practices. My Igbo friend says if we marry, there must be a traditional, Christian, and court wedding. Why must there be 3 different ceremonies? Is this normal for everyone? Even if he is paying for it, it seems like such a waste of money.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by tellwisdom: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
FlowerPower:

No, no. It would be selfish of me to deprive all the other young ladies in the world tongue.

I do have another question, since no one seems to have an opinion on Nigerian men and their intimate practices. My Igbo friend says if we marry, there must be a traditional, Christian, and court wedding. Why must there be 3 different ceremonies? Is this normal for everyone? Even if he is paying for it, it seems like such a waste of money.

You are asking too much... Na so you fine reach?? angry
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Enegod(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
this op likes dīck more than her life
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Ultimate7(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Human being dey ooo!!!
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
Enegod: this op likes dīck more than her life

That is not true. However there is one thing I like that I have heard Nigerian men do not. sad

tellwisdom:

You are asking too much... Na so you fine reach?? angry

How am I asking for too much? He is the one who told me about the wedding ceremonies and requirement of the man. We are both professionals in the US, but I still think it is too much money for all that. I feel only a Christian wedding is required. His idea is that we can live in the US for half the year and Nigeria during the other half of the year. I said to him, any property he owns in Nigeria will never be mine. He claims as long as he leaves a will and we have sons that no one can take it from me. I told him I am afraid to visit the village and he says I must go to meet most of his people, but we can live in a place like Lekki. He has family here in the US and I think that should be sufficient. I admit I watch a lot of Nollywood movies and they have heightened my fears about going into the "bush". I also told him that I will not make as much money with the type of work I do during the 6 months we live in Nigeria, but he says I must always collect a "deposit" to make sure people will follow through. In the past I never considered marrying him, but as I get older I'm starting to seriously think about it.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by tellwisdom: 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
FlowerPower:

That is not true. However there is one thing I like that I have heard Nigerian men do not. sad

How am I asking for too much? He is the one who told me about the wedding ceremonies and requirement of the man. We are both professionals in the US, but I still think it is too much money for all that. I feel only a Christian wedding is required. His idea is that we can live in the US for half the year and Nigeria during the other half of the year. I said to him, any property he owns in Nigeria will never be mine. He claims as long as he leaves a will and we have sons that no one can take it from me. I told him I am afraid to visit the village and he says I must go to meet most of his people, but we can live in a place like Lekki. He has family here in the US and I think that should be sufficient. I admit I watch a lot of Nollywood movies and they have heightened my fears about going into the "bush". I also told him that I will not make as much money with the type of work I do during the 6 months we live in Nigeria, but he says I must always collect a "deposit" to make sure people will follow through. In the past I never considered marrying him, but as I get older I'm starting to seriously think about it.

Ok you know what?...don't marry him. How about that? sad
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Amya(f): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
You seem to have a great guy, I wonder where all your doubts are coming from? Igbo guys I've dated are great in the sack, but I really don't think it's as much an issue of tribe as it is the individual.

You can always sample!

2 Likes

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
Amya: You seem to have a great guy, I wonder where all your doubts are coming from? Igbo guys I've dated are great in the sack, but I really don't think it's as much an issue of tribe as it is the individual.

You can always sample!

My doubts come from his residency status. He is legal, but he is not a citizen. However I have come to realize that if he wanted to use someone to secure his status, he would have many choices. Also he is well educated and able to take care of himself financially. The more I date others, the more I realize he is a very good guy. As for "sampling", I don't think it is a good idea because he is very religious and may think poorly of me.
Re: He Is Back At It Again... by chucky101(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
People, what the OP really wants to know is if her "Nigerian Husband" would suck on her cli.t. OP confess, ain't no shame in that.

1 Like

Re: He Is Back At It Again... by WackyJ1(m): 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Flower power am i to take it that you were dating both the hausa man and this igbo man at the same time?

Or you have been dating this igbo man while trying other guys.
Because from what i get from your messages so far, the igbo man has always been around and he has been more than a friend for a long time now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!!am Having Crush On Malia Obama / Advice From Linda Ikeji To Girls Out There... A Must Read! (PHOTO) / Best First Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.