Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303109 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself...

https://www.nairaland.com/2792863/crazy-girl-cries-out-twitter#40870443

enjoy...ROTFLMAO
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
netotse:

enjoy...ROTFLMAO

I hope she's 18+. The guy won't marry her, and her future husband will bear the brunt of someone else's skills. God help him if he cant lay it down like this albino, this babe will go on a hunt everywhere. Which reminds me guys, stop doing church fùcking. Tear that thing up like up like a heathen. If she complains she's tired, tell her you want you want her to faint before you believe. In her mind, she'll be jubilating except she's got sickle cell or something.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by montezz(f): 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Timbuktou:

I hope she's 18+. The guy won't marry her, and her future husband will bear the brunt of someone else's skills. God help him if he cant lay it down like this albino, this babe will go on a hunt everywhere. Which reminds me guys, stop doing church fùcking. Tear that thing up like up like a heathen. If she complains she's tired, tell her you want you want her to faint before you believe. In her mind, she'll be jubilating except she's got sickle cell or something.
Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
I have a question. ..

Considering the Nigerian setting, what is the best way to handle a verbally abusive boss?

a friend who usually got insulted by his boss was asked to 'leave work' the other day when he told the man to not insult him. According to him, the boss was cursing him so much he had to speak up.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by funlord(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
angry
An0nimus:
I have a question. ..

Considering the Nigerian setting, what is the best way to handle a verbally abusive boss?

a friend who usually got insulted by his boss was asked to 'leave work' the other day when he told the man to not insult him. According to him, the boss was cursing him so much he had to speak up.

How about a secret video recording of the said abuse(for evidence), sent along with a sternly worded letter to headquarters intimating them of the bosses behaviour?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
An0nimus:
I have a question. ..

Body language... It's that simple.

You teach people how to address you or react to you.

What most likely happened was that your friend noticed that the boss treated everyone the same way and got away with it and subconsciously "bent a knee"...until he couldn't take it anymore.

All na posturing, you need to send the signal from the get go that you wouldn't let anyone treat you just the way they like. It might mean you do some weird things (years back I used to stop greeting my N + 1 two weeks before annual appraisal cheesy tongue) but you need to decide the message you want to pass and make sure you pass it effectively.

If it has already happened and you want to correct it then you need to work on your bosses subconscious and when he acts up (like cursing you out) don't react in public, show him respect so he doesn't feel it's necessary to dominate/humiliate you in public. You let him know in private and if he's not a lunatic he will appreciate it. If he is then you need to create a deterent.

Respect is very different from fear.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
funlord:
angry

How about a secret video recording of the said abuse(for evidence), sent along with a sternly worded letter to headquarters intimating them of the bosses behaviour?

Apart from how to pull this off without help, this guy's boss owns the business. The man is 'headquarters' as far as the business is concerned.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
netotse:

Body language... It's that simple.

You teach people how to address you or react to you.

What most likely happened was that your friend noticed that the boss treated everyone the same way and got away with it and subconsciously "bent a knee"...until he couldn't take it anymore.

All na posturing, you need to send the signal from the get go that you wouldn't let anyone treat you just the way they like. It might mean you do some weird things (years back I used to stop greeting my N + 1 two weeks before annual appraisal cheesy tongue) but you need to decide the message you want to pass and make sure you pass it effectively.

If it has already happened and you want to correct it then you need to work on your bosses subconscious and when he acts up (like cursing you out) don't react in public, show him respect so he doesn't feel it's necessary to dominate/humiliate you in public. You let him know in private and if he's not a lunatic he will appreciate it. If he is then you need to create a deterent.

Respect is very different from fear.

Methink this particular boss is in the lunatic-sphere from the sound of things. You're right on my friend being OK with it till he was pushed to the wall.

It's just saddening the way some people feel they can boss others around and still verbally abuse them.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 2:53am On Dec 12, 2015
It is because either we don't have bullying at work place in our labour law or it is not enforced.

A lot of superiors in the country believe that they being the superior officers entitle them to act insanely to their subordinates. Until we have a law that can check all these idiotic bosses, I am afraid it wouldn't reduce but increase. One of my friends' boss was always in the habit of abusing him and top it with threat of initiating his dismissal. It is usually for petty reasons.

I once this domineering director that wanted to bully me. It was at the monthly staff meeting with junior staff. I raised a valid observation, because the woman failed in her role and in a bid to look good and make me stupid, she started to insult me. She has been doing that to other staffs, that was our first altercation. I couldn't stomach the insult and I politely caution her in the presence of all reminding her that she is the director and we look up to her. I prefer being corrected for mistakes than being insulted. She was shocked at my boldness and confidence. Although, she never stopped insulting others but she stopped insulting me.

Since your friend didn't object to it respectfully the first time, the best bet is to find a way of discussing with him after official hours off record. Let him understand that you don't appreciate being insulted.

Since he is the owner of the business, your friend should start planning an exit then give him a full dose of his own medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2015
@Bellong

Thanks for your input. In the Nigerian setting our labour laws are near zero. They might exist on paper but in reality they don't tell much on the life of workers. Also, the nature of some businesses and employer-employee contracts make it even more difficult to wade in when issues like this come up.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
hariorh:

She's right. Do a Google research on this grin
You're female I guess, what stand were you going to take if not this... gringrin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by hariorh: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
crackhaus:

You're female I guess, what stand were you going to take if not this... gringrin

Nah. I used to think that way too. Till I got curious about that belief and decided to find out what professionals in the field think of it.

Gained some knowledge and realized some things from previous experience and it all started to make sense.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
An0nimus:
I have a question. ..

A recording, preferably video would be appropriate and legal action taken, especially in this case where your friend has been has been to leave without after demanding respect. Before getting to this level, though, some vicious eye contact should have been made; a walking out, an ignoring on a number of occassions. I know our labour laws leave a lot to be desired but just being competent and having a no-bullshit attitude general tends to put workplace bullies at bay.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
netotse:
enjoy...ROTFLMAO
Hahahaha I saw this. She would come down from the high eventually

Timbuktou:

Lol. Make she ask her questions explicitly if she wants detailed answers na. She was being measured in her questioning and I followed same tack in answering. I know why she didn't push, but I'll respect that and not rat her out.

The invites are ok, and it's not like it's a rigid system where we actually have the power to stop any woman who so desires from commenting. They can politely ask if they can ask a question like many sensible have done in the past and progeess made. That almost eliminates participation from trolls and loons; if youre invited or request for an invite you're more likely to respect yourself. How many women do you see in real life interjecting when men are doing their thing? Also, even when not invited, a good post is a good post and will most certainly not be ignored.

Moreover, there was a period when only men commented and this thread was just fine. We dont need them to have a vibrant discussion, they tend to just come and bleed all over the thread. What we really need is a vibrant, logical (con)testing of ideas, which A40 has provided.
Bros let the women post please. We can always unlook the ignorant ones and learn a thing or two from the sensible ones
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
...he gon' shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670192 - who will manage them in the relegation battle grin

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
Lol, pride goeth before a fall.

Mou should have learnt his lessons the hard way now. Never be too arrogant and brash in victory.

Life is not a leveled ground, neither is it a straight path!!

Seriously rooting for Stephen Keshi ...cheesy grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Lol, pride goeth before a fall.

Mou should have learnt his lessons the hard way now. Never be too arrogant and brash in victory.

Life is not a leveled ground, neither is it a straight path!!

Seriously rooting for Stephen Keshi ...cheesy grin grin
...abi 0! What's so special about being unceremoniously sacked? I thought they'd give him till the NY at least. What a bummer for Christmas.

Wait 0! Keshi for Chelsea grin...well at least it rhymes if you speak like Baba Ibadan.

TV

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Whether Jose is arrogant or not, sacking him is the worst decision Abramovic has made in his running of Chelsea. Sacking Mou has to rank as one of the world's silliest decisions ever. I'm so pissed right now. Benin witches have infiltrated Chelsea finally. Shame.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
Timbuktou:
Whether Jose is arrogant or not, sacking him is the worst decision Abramovic has made in his running of Chelsea. Sacking Mou has to rank as one of the world's silliest decisions ever. I'm so pissed right now. Benin witches have infiltrated Chelsea finally. Shame.
...for what it's worth, I also think it was a mistake. I thought they'd give him until the new year at least. There appears to have been some player agitation with this one.

This saga is just beginning. How well will Chelasea do post Mourhino, and how will José fare post Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourhino' twin mission now, was to prove himself elsewhere - not that I think he needs too - and stuff the Blues whilst doing so. Do they really want him plotting against them?

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
TV01:

...for what it's worth, I also think it was a mistake. I thought they'd give him until the new year at least. There appears to have been some player agitation with this one.

This saga is just beginning. How well will Chelasea do post Mourhino, and how will José fare post Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourhino' twin mission now, was to prove himself elsewhere - not that I think he needs too - and stuff the Blues whilst doing so. Do they really want him plotting against them?

TV

Triggerman Abramovic has really outdone himself this time. I think Mou should just take the time off. He's deserved it. He'll fare just fine, I suppose. PSG made a pass at him in October, so I guess they'll pursue him openly now he's free. Chelsea, on the other hand, disgust doesn't even begin to express the way I feel towards the club now. I would campaign for a boycott if I could. I guess Pep's coming in now.

Piers Morgan has an article that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3364653/PIERS-MORGAN-sacking-Jose-Mourinho-worst-decision-football-history-shameful-Chelsea-let-sack-treacherous-prima-donna-stars-playing-like-Christmas-turkeys-conspiring-bring-down.html
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
When a manager claims the players he is supposed to coach have betrayed him

What option is left for the club?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2015
Happy holidays ..guys

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
pickabeau1:
Happy holidays ..guys
Merry x-mas y'all. Festive greetings and here's to great new years ahead, dripping with Gods blessings and the satisfaction of all righteous desires. Better men, better families.

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
TV01:

Merry x-mas y'all. Festive greetings and here's to great new years ahead, dripping with Gods blessings and the satisfaction of all righteous desires. Better men, better families.

TV

Amen...

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
Merry Christmas to all.

May the new new year bring joy, great blessings and fulfillment to all...

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 12:56am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 1:51am On Dec 25, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 1:51am On Dec 25, 2015
Have a good one y'all

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 7:00am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas to all the guys up in here, may the coming new year bring with it lots of happiness for you and your families. Cheers y'all.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 7:22am On Dec 25, 2015
A40:
grin

Kikikikikiki

Merry Christmas all....wishing us all a great year ahead!!!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by zicoraads: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
Happy New Year...Y'all embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.