Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (305398 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
crackhaus:

What method would have been more suitable to seek his retribution?
I'm sorry, don't have any recommendations. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Yes indeed. Actions taken in anger are not always right. And even if he matched her, like I said, he didn't do the right thing.

Now, you've talked about how the girl stands to suffer. I think you know how it affects us men, don't you?

The betrayal of a woman hurts a lot more than her outright rejection. Men are merely rejected when they make advances and they start drinking. I learned recently that about 80% of the Navy SEALS got into that program because a girl broke their heart. The statistic is unconfirmed but allow me to assure you that men enter "self-destruct" when women only reject them. What do you think happens to us when we're betrayed?

Please don't encourage the idea that we don't hurt, don't feel that badly and all that. We were built with a soft spot for the women we care for. Only that spot in us is soft. We are hard everywhere else. We care about family and community because we care about women. We care about children because we care about women.

This girl practically ripped this guy's heart out, not once or twice but three times. Cheated twice and then broke up with him. Did he tell her that he couldn't handle her cheating? She tore out his heart, pissed on his soul and you worry that she'll commit suicide while he goes on to forget everything a year later. We don't move on so easily.

I didnt say that at all.
We are all human & with blood running in our veins regardles of our sex and we all hurt; male and female
I have someone close to me going through a divorce and I see how much its affecting him & can see how much he hurts
I live with men, and I know that they do have a heart. I see how "floppy" my husband is with the kids.
I know he is hurting and having been there before, I wont trivialise his feelings of betrayal. What I am saying is that thought difficult to see now, he will look back in a few years and thank his God that he escaped from this woman and he wont have the burden of knowing that he is in any way responsible for ruining the ladys life.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kimoni:

CC, is it really a silent threat? The girl is only going paranoid cuz of her guilty conscience, and like the guy said, she is about to get married to a doctor who probably thinks she is a saint(and maybe boasting on NL that he is marrying the best girl ever, sister Sarah comes to my mind here. Hehehehe). Think of it, making of sex videos and sending nude pics is like a given amongst many young people today and I never see the girls get worked up when they break up with these guys simply bcause there is no guilty conscience operating anywhere.

That said, I think the guy has a very low self esteem and he needs to work on himself. If he doesnt believe he deserves someone better than that, then he's got a long way to go. I know people fall in love hopelessly sometimes but then, there should also be an allowance for common sense. But I think what hurts him more is the fact that she is about to get married and that's where the girl is hooked. She can't even report to the police cuz her new catch might just hear about it and she will end up losing on all sides.

Funny enough I feeel more sorry for the doctor than the boyfriend.
At least the bf knows what she is like, besides she is no longer his responsibility, however on the other hand, the doctor is the one who doesnt know what he is getting.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
chaircover:

At least the bf knows what she is like, besides she is no longer his responsibility, however on the other hand, the doctor is the one who doesnt know what he is getting.

Me too. He is probably the biggest loser in the whole story.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
chaircover:

I didnt say that at all.
We are all human & with blood running in our veins regardles of our sex and we all hurt; male and female
I have someone close to me going through a divorce and I see how much its affecting him & can see how much he hurts
I live with men, and I know that they do have a heart. I see how "floppy" my husband is with the kids.
I know he is hurting and having been there before, I wont trivialise his feelings of betrayal. What I am saying is that thought difficult to see now, he will look back in a few years and thank his God that he escaped from this woman and he wont have the burden of knowing that he is in any way responsible for ruining the ladys life.

In that, chaircover, you and I are and always have been in perfect agreement. And I'm glad that yoy acknowledge male vulnerability too. It gets rather annoying to always have people behave like men don't "bleed". Because of our pride we cannot rightly show it or talk about it everywhere. That's rather indecent (although I'm very guilty of that indecency). But when people attack this guy merely because he felt hurt and showed it and was even willing to keep forgiving a cheating girlfriend, I'll pull the knives out. He doesn't deserve the thrashing.

I would have advised him to just walk away. But I don't know who he is.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 02, 2014
ihedinobi2:

In that, chaircover, you and I are and always have been in perfect agreement. And I'm glad that yoy acknowledge male vulnerability too. It gets rather annoying to always have people behave like men don't "bleed". Because of our pride we cannot rightly show it or talk about it everywhere. That's rather indecent (although I'm very guilty of that indecency). But when people attack this guy merely because he felt hurt and showed it and was even willing to keep forgiving a cheating girlfriend, I'll pull the knives out. He doesn't deserve the thrashing.

I would have advised him to just walk away. But I don't know who he is.

He deserves the trash.
If we alll decide to take a pound of flesh when we get hurt, the universe will be extinct by now.
One basic lesson every human has to learn is to let go!
Is it painful? Hell yeah!
But learning to deal with it is called maturity and responsibility.
Technically, the lady owes him no faithfulness (at least, not legally) and morality as we all know has become a relative word in our generation).
I agree that he has a right to keep forgiving and taking her back, heck, that's hia choice but he has no right to go after her after she dumped him.

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
alutacontinua:

1. He deserves the trash.

2. If we alll decide to take a pound of flesh when we get hurt, the universe will be extinct by now.
One basic lesson every human has to learn is to let go!

3. Is it painful? Hell yeah!
But learning to deal with it is called maturity and responsibility.

4. Technically, the lady owes him no faithfulness (at least, not legally) and morality as we all know has become a relative word in our generation).

5. I agree that he has a right to keep forgiving and taking her back, heck, that's his choice but he has no right to go after her after she dumped him.

1. How so? Has he cheated on her or been disloyal to her?

2. Wrong. If people knew they were accountable for their actions, they'd be more conscientious in dealings with their neighbours. I'm sure she felt nothing would happen. Why does the law exist? To keep us on the straight and narrow. Where there is no law, there is no sin. The very idea of sin evokes the need for correction and consequences.

3. I agree. However, dealing with is subjective. One could choose to forgive and forget or seek revenge. It is entirely within their rights to do so.

4. Wrong again. The lady does owe him faithfulness because of the fact that they are in an exclsive romantic relationship. Secondly, she owes him loyalty for being her rock in trying times. She owes him big time.

5. Go after, as in, revenge or still want to continue the relationship?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
chaircover:

How do we know the doctor isn't on a pump-and-dump mission? If he knows about her boyfriend, he'll prove to be even more silly if he thinks he can trust her. For all we know, she'll be getting a taste of her own medicine soon. I've seen cases like this where the girls think they've moved up the ladder, only to be dropped like a hot potato when the new guy gets tired.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Timbuktou:

1. How so? Has he cheated on her or been disloyal to her?

2. Wrong. If people knew they were accountable for their actions, they'd be more conscientious in dealings with their neighbours. I'm sure she felt nothing would happen. Why does the law exist? To keep us on the straight and narrow. Where there is no law, there is no sin. The very idea of sin evokes the need for correction and consequences.

3. I agree. However, dealing with is subjective. One could choose to forgive and forget or seek revenge. It is entirely within their rights to do so.

4. Wrong again. The lady does owe him faithfulness because of the fact that they are in an exclsive romantic relationship. Secondly, she owes him loyalty for being her rock in trying times. She owes him big time.

5. Go after, as in, revenge or still want to continue the relationship?

1. Different reasoms for different people. My own reason for trashing him is the unusual sense of entitlement. He's only tryna punish her because he thought he was entitled to her, like she owes him her body. That sense of entitlement only comes with taking vows-legal vows of 'till death do them part'. Before that, everything done in the corner is just talk, it ain't binding.

2. If he thinks he has a point, he should get a lawyer. There's a reason we have the justice system, that's to deal with sinners APPROPRIATELY. But then again, there's no law concerning a girl cheating on her boyfriend and later breaking up with him, is there?

3. Naaaahhhhhh....forgiving and forgeting is within basic human rights cheesy
Seeking revenge? You better don't commit a crime while at it, most especially when the initial offence is not one to claim self-defence

4. Oh pulllleeeeaaaassseee!!! Who tagged it exclusive? God? The law? The guy? The lady?
Being her rock? People help people all the time without expecting anything in return.
And this whole 'help' thing is a dicey issue. I'm a fan of helping without expecting anything in return. The female version of me cheesy owes no man no money so far, but if God forbid, I put myself in a situation where a guy starts buying the universe for me, it's not a guarantee that I'll be with him. Love cannot be bought and in the end, a woman wants who she wants. A million dollars cannot change that! My advice to fellow men is to do what you're sure you can let go of. Don't try to buy a woman or keep her grounded with money-that is by the way!

5. Go after, as in revenge!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
Coogar

Did u see nasri's goal
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:
Coogar

Did u see nasri's goal

it's the microcosm of ramsey's goal last night.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

it's the microcosm of ramsey's goal last night.

No its not about the comparison

You said city will not qualify
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

No its not about the comparison

You said city will not qualify

even if they do, a big club awaits them in the next stage. that's the price for coming second these days.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

even if they do, a big club awaits them in the next stage. that's the price for coming second these days.

Dortmund, Atletico, Barca, Monaco, Porto Madrid

They can only fear Barca and Madrid

They would be at par with Atletico and Dortmund

They would be favourite to beat Porto and Monaco

33% chance of a bad draw isnt too bad
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

They will avoid Bayern
If they avoid barca or real

They have a sweet chance

I told u
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

They will avoid Bayern

They have a sweet chance

I told u
Hey wassup?

Any idea what happened to Tv01 and Nash? Seems Nash has deactivated his account? Abi the feminazi's got to him?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

They will avoid Bayern

They have a sweet chance

I told u

not sure city can beat any of dortmund, athletico or PSG. all these teams are going on winter break for few weeks to replenish. city would have added FA cup to the festive premier league fixtures coming up by the time hostilities rësume in elite europe.

city will die in the next round.

raumdeuter:

Dortmund, Atletico, Barca, Monaco, Porto Madrid
They can only fear Barca and Madrid
They would be at par with Atletico and Dortmund
They would be favourite to beat Porto and Monaco
33% chance of a bad draw isnt too bad

by the time they avoid arsënal, chelsea & bayern, what do they have left? athletico, dortmund, barca, madrid & PSG. which of these teams does not have more experience than city in europe?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
Arsenal is a 2nd tier team so no need to avoid them. They cant meet

They have 6 options

Dortmund are very weak this season and City would be favourite to win

Same with Monaco and Porto

The only ones who can give them problems would be Madrid, Barca and MAYBE Atletico
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
netotse:

Hey wassup?

Any idea what happened to Tv01 and Nash? Seems Nash has deactivated his account? Abi the feminazi's got to him?

No idea bro
Lol...at the feminazis..

Let's hope they come back
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

not sure city can beat any of dortmund, athletico or PSG. all these teams are going on winter break for few weeks to replenish. city would have added FA cup to the festive premier league fixtures coming up by the time hostilities rësume in elite europe.

city will die in the next round.

by the time they avoid arsënal, chelsea & bayern, what do they have left? athletico, dortmund, barca, madrid & PSG. which of these teams does not have more experience than city in europe?

BvB is inconsistent
Athletixo...just hold mandsukic
They can't meet PSG
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Did you watch PSG game this noon?

The team was compact and in charge. They list to Barca because of ill luck. It was a very superlative game especially for Ibrahimovic and Matuidi.

They were so swift on the ball.

Waiting for the next stage draws. Gonna be interesting I believe!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpiah2: 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
Why the interregnum from dec 03 till now?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2014
Can City really go past the 2nd round irrespective of the opposition.

I think their best bet is to meet either Porto or Monaco.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:08am On Dec 11, 2014
bellong:
Can City really go past the 2nd round irrespective of the opposition.

I think their best bet is to meet either Porto or Monaco.
if they meet any of those two or even Athletico Madrid
they should fancy their chances

The only issue for them is that yaya will be at the afcon then

RoyalRoy:
Did you watch PSG game this noon?
The team was compact and in charge. They list to Barca because of ill luck. It was a very superlative game especially for Ibrahimovic and Matuidi.
They were so swift on the ball.
Waiting for the next stage draws. Gonna be interesting I believe!!
PSG is annoying
is itnot the same team that had a 3 1 agg and still lost 2 nil to chelsea last year
Serves them right

We all know the Blaugrana have no defence
if u dont capitalise, the Messiless one will make you pay

I did not know attendance was being marked for this thread ooo
Monitoring spirits grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:17am On Dec 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

if they meet any of those two or even Athletico Madrid
they should fancy their chances

The only issue for them is that yaya will be at the afcon then

It is not just an only issue, it is a very very big issue grin grin. And that will be compounded if Aguero's return gets delayed.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2014
bellong:

It is not just an only issue, it is a very very big issue grin grin. And that will be compounded if Aguero's return gets delayed.

Yes... and Kuns injury just looked like it will not be a big deal
His hammies are too fragile

Yaya is just coming back to form
Chelsea will be very happy when he goes to Gabon
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2014
pickabeau1:
I did not know attendance was being marked for this thread ooo
Monitoring spirits grin grin

she wants to be a guy so much, she monitors who posts what in the men's lounge. May God deliver us from the spirit of voyeurism. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Monitoring Spirits....Viewer Spirits....all on this thread?

Can't laugh.. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
She is not alone grin grin grin

too many females who want to be men so bad

coogar:

she wants to be a guy so much, she monitors who posts what in the men's lounge. May God deliver us from the spirit of voyeurism. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Monitoring Spirits....Viewer Spirits....all on this thread?
Can't laugh.. grin

where have u been
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

where have u been

Lol ...ghost mode.
grin

Rounding up for Xmas.

Taking lots of time and plan.

We talk later.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
no wahala...it is well

RoyalRoy:

Lol ...ghost mode.
grin

Rounding up for Xmas.

Taking lots of time and plan.

We talk later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.