Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 (13894 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:36am On Dec 18, 2014
TOPIC: Don't Despair

"Thursday, December 18, 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 34:18–30*

*"Key Verse : “For he will not lay upon man more than right; that he should enter into judgment with God” (Job 34:23)."*
Job’s suffering and excruciating pain emanating from the loss of his belongings and afflictions to his flesh were legendary. Equally noteworthy was his attempt to vindicate himself of any wrongdoing. But it was easier for friends and neighbours alike, who heard Job complaining, to either rebuke him or seek to correct him, than to go through same experience. 
Elihu appealed directly to Job himself. Could he suppose that God was like those earthly princes who hate right, who are unfit to rule, and prove the scourges of mankind? It was daring presumption to condemn God’s proceedings as Job has done by his discontents. Elihu suggested diverse considerations to Job, to produce in him high thoughts of God, and so to persuade him to submit. 
Job often wished to plead his cause before God directly. Elihu asked: “To what purpose?” All is well that God does, and will be found so. What can make those uneasy whose souls dwell at ease in God? All the smiles of this world cannot quieten those at whom God frowns.
We are only fortunate to know how Job’s case arose and who exactly was behind his suffering. Applying the lessons to ourselves today, how far can we go suffering before we rail at, abuse or condemn what/whoever causes our problems? Are we quick to complain rather than to pray? Do we seek God’s face for explanations to the unknown? Or, as counsellors, are we quick to condemn rather than to console a believer undergoing suffering? We will do well to develop the right attitude, either to personal anguish or to others in distress. The good Lord will open our eyes, ears and understanding to give the right interpretations to His dealings with us always.
*"Thought for the day: Trust God in pleasure and in pain."*
*Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:57am On Dec 19, 2014
TOPIC: Look Inward

"Friday, December 19, 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 34:31-37*

*"Key Verse: “That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more” (Job 34:32)."*
The saying goes that ‘life is not a bed of rose.’ Trial often comes when we can see no particular sin which has led to it and no special reason why we should be afflicted more than others.
The principal character in our narrative for meditation today, Job, challenges us to put up the right attitude when we are going through some unpleasant and inexplicable experiences like he did. Although pressured by his wife to curse God, accused unjustly by his friends, despised by his neighbours and afflicted by Satan, Job, still unable to explain the cause of his predicament, decided to reflect on his life and was quick to repent, confessing to God that if he had done any sin, he would not continue in the unrighteousness (verse 32). He could not point to any outright wrongdoing in his life, yet he was willing to repent.
Rather than murmur or accuse God wrongly, the first step is to look inward and look backward, then to look upward. We look inward to search our heart whether we have done anything wrong. We look backward to consider what led us to where we are now -  mistakes made, wrong steps taken, reckless or careless decisions made. Then, we look upward to heaven to plead for God’s mercy and favour to bring us out of the affliction. 
Do you attempt to blame others for what you are going through now? Are you experiencing some things you cannot just explain? Before you begin to accuse men or God, why not look inward, look backward and in true repentance, look upward.
*"Thought for the Day: Affliction makes the wise to reflect on his ways."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2014
TOPIC: True Repentance

"Tuesday, December 23, 2014"

*TEXT: LUKE 19:1-10*

*"Key Verse: “And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold” (Luke 19:6,8 ) ."*
The decisions man makes in life determine his future. His determination to do the right thing at the right time brings fortune across his path. On the other hand, his refusal to make the best use of the opportunities available to him makes his life miserable.
The case of Zacchaeus is an indication that God will save the vilest of men, provided he grabs the opportunity of salvation offered by God, through the sacrificial death of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Zacchaeus was the chief among the publicans (or tax collectors) of his day. He had fed fat on corruption which made him very rich. However, when he heard that Jesus would pass through Jericho, his place of residence, he made up his mind to see Jesus and receive a new life from Him.
Despite the seeming obstacle that stood in the way of his ambition, he was determined to brace all odds and go all the way to achieve his goal. The crowd was large and his stature would constitute a hindrance but he climbed a sycamore tree that stood strategically along the path Jesus was to pass. As the Lord saw him on the tree and invited him down, he promptly obeyed and received Him joyfully. He did not stop there, he also made up his mind to correct his past: “…if I have taken anything from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold” (verse 8b).
Zacchaeus’ commitment shows the meaning of true repentance. He who truly wants to be with God eternally, should not only repent of his sin but should also be prepared to do all his restitutions. Repentance without restitution is like a man who accidentally slips into a pool of mire, rolls over and gets his entire body messed up. Although he manages to get up, removes his dirty clothe and washes himself with soap and sponge, instead of discarding the messed clothe and putting on a clean one, he wears the same. At that state, it is obvious he still remains in his mess, if not a greater one. Is your repentance genuine?
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Repentance without restitution may not guarantee eternal life."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:14am On Dec 24, 2014
TOPIC: Saved to Serve

"Wednesday, December 24, 2014"

*TEXT: LUKE 19:11-27*

*"Key Verse: “And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come” (Luke 19:13)."*
God possesses double claim to the life of all those who are born again. In the first place, He created them in His own image, and again He redeems them from sin and Satan and grants them eternal life (He is their God and Father by redemption). The obligation thrown upon the redeemed, therefore, is to worship God and serve Him all the days of their life.
From our passage today, we read that a “certain noble” travelling to a “far country”, called His servants and gave them “talents” expecting them to be faithfully engaged and productive during His absence. Upon His return, He would give them rewards. The parable tells of what Jesus’ followers were to be doing during the period between His departure and His second coming. It shows that we are to be occupied with the work of evangelism. When Jesus commanded us to occupy till He comes, what He meant was that we must see the work of preaching the gospel as more important than any other job on earth. Having been redeemed, we owe it a duty to our generation to preach the gospel of salvation so that they can be redeemed from the coming judgment. We are to spare no effort at reaching those on their way to hell through one-on-one sharing of the good news, distribution of Christian literature, video and audio materials and other means by which they can be reached.
We have been given excellent resources to build and expand God’s Kingdom. Jesus expects us to use the talents He has given us to enlarge His Kingdom. While awaiting the coming of the Kingdom of God in glory, we must do His work.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Having enlisted in the Lord’s army, are you actively serving Him?"*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2014
TOPIC: You are Free!

"Thursday, December 25, 2014"

*TEXT: LUKE 19:28-40*

*"Key Verse: “Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither. And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him” (Luke 19:30,31)."*
Well said the Jewish Rabbi in ancient days: “If the sea were ink and the world parchment, it would never serve to describe the praises of liberty”.
From our text, Christ sent His disciples to a particular village to loose a colt (young ass) tied and unable to regain its freedom. Miraculously, the owners of the colt dropped their objections and claim over the animal as soon as they were told that “the Lord has need of it”. It was upon this young ass, “whereon never man sat”, that Christ rode during His triumphant entry into Jerusalem with pomp and glory. The multitudes, on seeing King Jesus ride into town, welcomed Him with songs of praise, rejoicing for the mighty works they had seen. This young ass was tied, limited to one place and unable to get its freedom to move around.
The want of freedom has been mostly the cause of misery to nations in every age. Every reader of the Bible will remember the sorrow and anguish of the children of Israel, when they were bondmen in Egypt, or under the Babylonian captivity. Surely, no misery is certainly as great as the misery of slavery.
So are many who, today, are in Satan’s bondage. They are so tied to different kinds of sins that they sometimes cry: “O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” Christ paid all our debts of sin by allowing the chastisement of our peace to be laid on Him. He satisfied every demand of the law against us to the uttermost and cleared us from every imputation of sin by becoming sin for us. As our Champion, He spoiled principalities and powers, and made a show of them openly at Calvary. He has purchased the full right of redemption for us. All we have to do is to manifest faith in His finished work at Calvary and trust His Word which is able to set us free from every bondage of sin, self and Satan.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: No one knows the full value of freedom until he loses it."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2014
TOPIC: Full of Compassion

"Friday, December 26, 2014"

*TEXT: LUKE 19:41-48*

*"Key Verse: “And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it” (Luke 19:41)."*
A father had a son over whom he had laboured greatly. He provided all that the son needed, sent him to the best schools and invested greatly in estates to prepare him for a better future. Then one day, while looking through his son’s room, he saw strange substances and documents. His son was a cocaine user and a member of a deadly secret cult. As he considered the implications of this discovery - a wasted future, investment gone down the drain, lost privilege, and so on - he wept. The boy wasted his life because he could not appreciate or discern the heritage he had. 
Jesus looked at the children of Israel and saw how they wasted their heritage. Israel is God’s special and peculiar vineyard, fenced for protection, planted as the choicest vine with tower and winepress (Isaiah 5:1-7). The law and prophets came from them.
As Jesus looked at Jerusalem and the pain and anguish that was going to befall them, He wept. He saw pain instead of peace, gloom instead of gain and blight instead of blessings. He said: “If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes” (Luke 19:42). Many people like Jerusalem waste their lives, golden opportunities and the things that belong to their peace and then attract destruction.
Maybe, you have gone away from the Lord already, despite all that He has invested in you or reserved for you in glory. You need to retrace your steps back to Calvary. If, as a prodigal son, you have wandered away from the sheepfold, today you can return to the Chief Shepherd and all that the enemy has taken away from you will be restored. And you can pledge to live the rest of your life for God, while expecting to be with Him in eternity for greater, richer rewards.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Be careful so that you will not cry, “had I known.”"*

****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2014
TOPIC: Glorious Hope

"Saturday, December 27, 2014"

*TEXT: PSALM 119:113-120*

*"Key Verse: “I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love” (Psalm 119:113)."*
In his expression of hope, Habakkuk, one of the minor prophets in Israel, said: “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meet... Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will joy in the God of my salvation” (Habakkuk 3:17,18). “While there is life, there is hope,” goes an old saying. As long as there is hope of life, man will part with anything to save or prolong his life. He will cling to the hope of survival even in spite of all the evidence that he is not going to live. That is how important hope is to the continued existence of man. The natural man’s hope is all in this life, but it is all a fleeting, dismal hope.
There is a hope that is founded on the truth and unfailing word of God. That is the good hope, which is the hope that never disappoints. This is the same hope expressed by King David in our text. It is a hope that keeps you pure and separate from sin. Those who do not have God, do not have this hope. The people that have it are genuinely converted, for without this hope, the pain of persecution, trials and misunderstanding would have been unbearable.
The Bible is the word of God and a Book of hope. It promises us eternal life through faith in the atoning sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ and depicts the wonderful reward that awaits all those who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Hope is essential to our perseverance, our getting through tough times in life; for without hope, we soon give up. A trust in God is the essential ingredient to build up our hope. This trust grows in us as we learn more of the promises He has given to us in His word. Give your life to Jesus and refuse to take it back and study daily in His word, fully trusting in Him to perform what He has promised.
"*THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Salvation is the route to the harbor of Good Hope.*"
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2014
TOPIC: Our Supreme Court

"Sunday, December 28, 2014"

*TEXT: PSALM 119:121-128*

*"Key Verse :”Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to right; and I hate every false way”(psalm 119 :128) "*
“And differing judgments serve but to declare that truth lies somewhere, if we knew but where.” So wrote William Cowper, the British poet, in his poem, “Hope”. Yes, differing judgments will always exist among men because even the best of brains suffers partial understanding. And most of men’s opinions are stained with ignorance and limitations. How then can mortal man search out the whole truth in every sphere? This prerogative belongs to the omniscient God, Who also has revealed His mind to us in His word.
God’s word is perfect and far superior to the views of our best thinkers. Lovers of truth, like David, cannot but fall in love with this eternal word. “Therefore, I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold”, was his remark. It was by the guidance of this word that David got a right standing with God. He was certainly buoyed by his righteousness to confidently enter “boldly unto the throne of grace” and sought to obtain mercy and grace in time of need. He sought divine intervention against the evils of wicked men who flagrantly flouted God’s word.
That David was truly committed to the word of God is evident in his declaration: “Therefore, I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.” To him, God’s word, like the Supreme Court of a nation, has the final ruling on every matter. He held the whole word to be inerrant and did not pick and choose from it nor make it a subject for debate.
David’s attitude here is instructive for every Christian believer.  We have to love God and His word more than earthly treasures.  This will translate to living a saintly life in accordance with God’s righteous standard. In our decisions – in every area of life – God’s word should be our reference point as well as the highest and final court in every argument.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If God said it – it doesn’t matter who does not believe  – it is right!"*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:08am On Dec 29, 2014
TOPIC: The Word, Your Guide

"Monday, December 29, 2014"

*TEXT: PSALM 119:129-136*

*"Key Verse: “Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me” (Psalm 119:133)."*
Experts in child psychology and   development know the major role proper guidance plays in the growth and development of the child. If a child is going to realize his full potentials, he has to be guided to recognise these potentials, develop them and adequately use them. Apart from this, when a child receives proper guidance in life, it saves him from a lot of hurtful decisions and habits that are capable of completely destroying him. This is why many schools have professionals in Guidance and Counselling. The need of guidance in life is not limited to the growing child alone. However, at every stage in life, man needs appropriate guidance in order to be able to make right decisions. If a businessman does not have good guidance, his business is sure to fail. Presidents, governors and other world leaders surround themselves with experts in different fields who function as special advisers. All these underscore the importance of guidance in life.
The child of God has the special and unique privilege to be guided through life by God Himself. This is the promise God gives to all those who will trust in Him. One of the means by which God guides His children is His word. This is why the Psalmist in our text not only expressed faith in the word of God to guide him but also prayed, requesting that all his steps be ordered by God.
Through His word, God has made available for us His infinite wisdom to guide us. This is why it is possible for the child of God who seeks and follows God’s guidance to walk through life without faltering. The guidance God gives through His word does not only cover spiritual matters but cuts across all aspects of human life - physical, social, matrimonial, academic, business, etc.
The Bible is an open Book available to all who will approach it sincerely. It appeals to all classes of people whatever the age, colour, class or educational level. The simple, unlearned and uneducated reads it and become wise. The learned reads it and become wiser. You too can draw from the well of its infinite wisdom. Read the Bible today and always and be wiser.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s word makes the simple wise."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*at Monday, December 29, 2014
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2014
TOPIC: Trust in God's Faithfulness

"Tuesday, December 30, 2014"*

TEXT: PSALM 119:137–144*

*"Key Verse: “Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful” (Psalm 119:138)."*
The verses in today’s passage are full of declarations capable of inspiring confidence, courage and hope in those who proclaim trust in the Lord. Like the title of one of Josh McDowell’s books, this passage contains the “Evidence That Demands A Verdict.” David was mindful of all these when he emphasised an array of attributes of God. 
God never did, and never can do, wrong to anyone. The promises are faithfully performed by Him that made them. What then should a believer do upon recognition of God’s goodness? To trust Him, of course. And much more, to take up God’s cause and stand up for it anywhere, anytime. David demonstrated this when he declared that “thy word is very pure: therefore, thy servant loveth it” (verse 140). 
Zeal against sin should constrain us to do what we can against it. David showed this zeal even when it was clear to him that majority of people around him forgot God’s word. Our love for the word of God is evidence of our love for Him, because it is designed to make us partake of His holiness. It is also to make us, like David, commit ourselves to following God even when we are despised by men or  counted as being in the company of the minority.
When we are small and despised, we have more need to remember God’s precepts, that we may have them to support us. The Psalmist still held tenaciously to, and found delight in God’s commandment, despite the troubles around him at some point in time. 
Sorrow is often the lot of saints in this vale of tears, being in heaviness through manifold temptations. God’s word is to be relied upon, His promises to be believed as true and His commandments to be obeyed, whatever the circumstance may be. You are missing so much if you do not trust in Him. You cannot rightly trust in Him if you have not given your life to Him. Trust Him from today if you have been a ‘doubting’ Christian. Repent of your sins today if you are still a sinner. Then, begin forthwith to trust Him as the unfailing Father, Creator and God.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If you believe that God is good, then trust Him."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:25am On Dec 31, 2014
TOPIC: As The Year Takes a Bow

"Wednesday, December 31, 2014"

*TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 7:29-31*

*"Key Verse: “And they that use this world as not abusing it for the fashion of this world passeth away” (1 Corinthians 7:31)."*
From the beginning of the year to this time, “much water” as they say, “has passed under the bridge.” No doubt, at various times, we have traversed both the valley and the mountain top. There have been moments of joy and of sorrow. 
Our text today challenges us to always look ahead and not to dwell on our past achievements and failures. As we reflect on the activities of our lives this passing year, our dealings with our Maker, our interactions with our fellow humans, our moments of joy and sorrow, we cannot but give God all the glory .for sparing our lives through all the challenges of life. To those who may have grieved and sorrowed, the Bible says they should forge ahead and behave as if they had no such awful experiences. To those who have, so to speak, enjoyed their lives and had everything come easy, they should also forget the past achievements and look ahead for greater success. The most important lesson from our text today is that as this year ends in a matter of hours, our lives on earth will, someday, come to an end also. At that time what will matter is what we have been able to do for Christ and not the materials accumulated. A song writer scripted, “Only one life will soon be past, only what’s done for Christ will last; let’s labour faithfully while there is life.”
The pertinent question we must ask ourselves as the year drifts to a close is, what have we really done to please God? Those who revel in things that this world can afford without using their talents and endowments to honour God will discover to their shame that it is a fleeting life after all. 
It is possible that you may have been heart-broken in the course of the year; you may have had all your dreams shattered. Or, perhaps, you had all your expectations met. Whatever it is, don’t waste time and split hairs on issues that are bygone. Forget the past and forge ahead. Do not rest on your oars. There are still many more lands to posses for the Lord. As we wave this year bye, we must welcome the new year with every amount of energy, enthusiasm and absolute belief in God and resolve to be more useful to ourselves, to others and to the Almighty than we had been in this outgoing year. 
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Ebenezer: Hitherto hath the Lord helped us."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Happy New Year blessed readers this year there will be a reason for laughter in ur life family n endeavours in Jesus name

sorry for the late update it was due to some technical issue...

A new thread will be popping up a dynamic bible study every mondays lets study together and share with others so our lives can be blessed stay tune

TOPIC: Serving A Void-Filling God

"Thursday, January 01, 2015"

*TEXT: GENESIS 1:1-2 *

*"Key Verse "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" (Genesis 1:2)."*
To find out what the future held in store at the start of every year or at the beginning of a journey, ancient heathen sages would slaughter an animal and study the intricate make up of its skin and intestines.
A reading of the complex entrails, guided by esoteric parchments, offered a hint of the future.
What a blind, tortuous and hazardous plunge into the unknown! The Christian who is serving the Creator of heaven and earth does not have to engage in such pursuit of attempting to know a void in-between a beginning and an ending.
Rather, He should be rest assured in the custody of the Saviour who always faithfully fills up time and space. The genuine Christian puts his absolute faith in the unfailing promise of the Creator who says, "I am with you alway even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20).
Believers, therefore, should move into the New Year with unswerving faith in the God of creation whose Spirit "moved upon the face of the waters" and displaced the formless void and darkness. The fear and anxiety that characterize these perilous times (2 Timothy 3:1) cannot be the portion of true Christians who are under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
God, however, expects us to live righteously; He expects us to fully consecrate and commit our lives to Him; He expects us to use our resources to serve Him to be able to enjoy His promised blessings.
In the course of this year, there is need for us to regularly evaluate our lives and work to ensure they are acceptable to Him. As God taps us into consciousness each day after a sweet sleep, we must appreciate Him for taking care of our yesterday, today and tomorrow (posterity) by preaching Jesus the Saviour to the lost world.
As we do, His Spirit will move to destroy the works of the devil, set people free from sin and bondage and fill every void in them for His glory.
*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 1 - 3*
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The future is a secret God unfolds steadily without mistakes."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to share
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
TOPIC: True Love

Friday, January 02, 2015

*TEXT: JUDGES 11:29-40*

"*Key Verse: "ANd she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon" (Judges 11:36)*"
As we reflect on the story of Jephthah and his vow in our text, we cannot but notice the love and devotion of his only daughter to him. She was a child that shared in the dream and vision of her father and did everything to demonstrate this. No doubt, her heart must have gone with her father as he went out in the battle against the children of Ammon. And as the father returned in victory, she led her friends with joy and singing to welcome him without knowing the vow he had made with God. As the father expressed grief concerning this, she encouraged him to pay his vow even though that would bring so much pain and loss to her. Her love for her father made her to be willing to support him to pay his vow.
It is interesting to note that when she asked her father for two months to bemoan her virginity with her friends in a faraway place, she willingly returned after the period. She did not see that as an opportunity to run away. She was fully submissive, yielded and obedient to her father, even to the point of being willing to be used to pay her father's vow. What a love!
Do we have such love and commitment in our homes today? How many children are willing to be that submissive and obedient to their parents to the point of making painful sacrifices for them? How do we show our love for God and for one another in the family of God? Where there is true love, there will be obedience, encouragement and support one for another in the will of God. There will be the willingness to stand by one another in trying and difficult moments as we all forge ahead in our pilgrimage with commitment to God and His cause in the world.
 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 4 - 5
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is no better way to show your love than by your deeds."*
*Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: **http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
TOPIC: Light Of The World

"Saturday, January 03, 2015"

*TEXT: JOHN 1:1-9*

*"Key Verse: "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9)."*
The importance of sunlight is obvious to everyone. It melts frozen items, reveals hidden objects and helps plants, on which the healthy maintenance of man's and animals lives critically depend, to produce their food and thrive. As great as the sunlight may be useful to the world, Jesus offers to the world a light that is incomparably greater in power and relevance to human life.
Our text opens with the deity of Jesus. He is the Eternal One who coexists with the Father. He is the Word, the Creator and the Light. As the Eternal One, He lives forever. As the Creator, He made all things. As the Light, He shines in darkness, and as the Word, He sustains the universe. Christ, the Light is so bright that all the darkness in the world put together cannot overcome Him. John was sent to bear witness of that "Light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9). The Light the Jews have rejected is being offered to as many as desire to become children of God.
A world without Christ is a dark one. Darkness obscures the truth, breeds corruption and evil. God, in His love, does not want us to grope any longer nor stumble in the dark; hence Jesus, the Light of the world has been revealed. As the rays of sunlight melt the thickest of ice, so does the light of Christ melt the mountains of men's sins if allowed to shine in their hearts. While many reject the light, others are pleased with just a spark from a matchstick.
We all have a choice. Which do you prefer: To remain in the dark or come into the light of Christ? He is the One that "lighteth every man that cometh into the world." Come to the Light today.
*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 6 - 7*
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Christ's illumination is without comparison."*
*Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: **http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
TOPIC: The Heart's Treasure

"Sunday, January 04, 2015"

*TEXT: NEHEMIAH 1:1-3*

*"Key Verse: "That Hanani, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem" (Nehemiah 1:2)."*
A man puts his heart on what he treasures most. He carries it in his heart, sleeps and wakes with it and goes about with it day and night.
Nehemiah's patriotism and fervent love for the holy land was undoubtedly deep in his heart. This virtue was more evident in his passion and quest for information concerning Jerusalem.
Even though he appeared to have lived all his life in exile, Nehemiah loved the holy city, Jerusalem, and was in waiting expectation of a return to the homeland to help remove the reproach of the broken down walls.
Nehemiah's comfortable position in Shushan, the palace, did not reduce his interest and commitment to Jerusalem. When he met the new arrivals from Jerusalem in the palace, Nehemiah's enquiry concerning the state of the inhabitants and of the city itself revealed a heart burdened for the people of God. He appeared to have no other burden outside his necessary daily duties but this.
No wonder the Lord sent those men his way to satisfy his heart that was longing and praying for the city. If we lay up in our hearts such intense yearning and desire for God and His word as Nehemiah did toward Jerusalem and its people, we would become recipients of His grace, holiness and great power in not too long a time.
We fail to receive definite inspirations and answers to prayers because we are filled more with earthly cares and not His word or His way. Bad dreams, evil thoughts, fear, defeats, etc.
Do not abide in a heart like that of Nehemiah. If our hearts will always look heavenward, our visions shall be of the Lord of glory, of service, of victory and great possibilities.
Therefore, "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above not on things on the earth."
*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 8 - 9*
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: He who wholesomely loves God easily attracts His goodness and grace."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
TOPIC: Better Than Gold!

"Monday, January 05, 2015"

*TEXT: PROVERBS 8:9-14*

*"Key Verse: "For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it" (Proverbs 8:11)."*
If men would prioritize on seeking true wisdom than they search for money and worldly possession, our world would be the better for it. The discovery of Solomon, the wisest man in the Old Testament who spent all his life amassing wealth and earthly possessions that all amount to vanity presents a great lesson from the text.
"Wisdom is better than rubies " he declared. Wisdom, instruction and knowledge of God are to be preferred above silver and gold. Wisdom gives strength and discretion that makes the possessor act right. It saves from self conceit, pride, arrogance and delusion. Wisdom delivers and preserves one from evil and equips the possessor with creative abilities for better living. While wealth does not make one wise, wisdom brings greater riches. This is why it is preferable. The source of wisdom matters.
Wisdom that manifests in sinful attitude to outwit others or destroy them is devilish and undesirable. Life-enriching wisdom flows from only one source, Jesus Christ, who is Wisdom personified. To have this wisdom, one has to be willing to empty oneself of self conceit, deception and perversion. There must be the willingness to turn away from all worldly wisdom which focuses only on self. In humility, you must accept your folly, admit your nothingness and be willing to be made rich by Christ. This simply requires true repentance and simple faith in the Lord Jesus.
Besides, you need to continue to abide in Christ and take the Bible as your most valued asset on earth. The more you read it, the wiser you become. You also need to constantly draw from the deep knowledge and wisdom of God's appointed ministers in corporate fellowship and Bible study so as to continue to grow. 
If men in the world make a lot of sacrifices in search of perishable riches, we need to do more to get divine wisdom which is far better than gold!
*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 10 - 11*
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Get wisdom, get wealth."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2015
here is the thread for bible study.
Every mondays there will b new update
https://www.nairaland.com/2077681/bible-study-2015
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2015
TOPIC: Make It Simple

"Tuesday, January 06, 2015"

*TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 2:1-5*

*"Key Verse: "And I, brethren, when Icame to you, came notwith excellency of speechor of wisdom, declaringunto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:1,2)."*
Many times, we wonder why we make much efforts in evangelism with little or no result. The reason is that like the marketers, we spend so much time trying to impress sinners with our knowledge of Scriptures instead of giving them the simple message of Christ's love and offer of salvation.
At other times, it is our motive in evangelism that is wrong. Instead of preaching the simple gospel truth of the necessity of the new birth for everyone, we try to win an argument on the superiority of our religion or denomination over those of others.
It is even more repulsive to see that self projection, gain and glory appears to be driving force of many so-called gospel campaigns. A look at their advertisements and publicity will show that they, not Christ, are at the centre of attraction. When they give out invitations, it is not to come to Christ but to come to them. It is not any wonder then that though it appears that more gospel works are going on all over the places, there is little or no impact.
If we are to succeed in our soul-winning efforts, we must follow the example of Paul the apostle revealed in our text. His intention for preaching is very clear: to have men saved. His goal was to make the declaration of the gospel message very simple for people to understand. He never tried to use the enticing words of men's wisdom or impress by preaching what the people would love to hear.
He preached the truth of the necessity of salvation through repentance and faith in Christ's death. When nothing but Christ is plainly preached, genuine and heaven minded converts will be won.
*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 12 - 13*
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The saving gospel is simple."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:28am On Jan 07, 2015
TOPIC: Fear Not

"Wednesday, January 07, 2015"

*TEXT: DANIEL 8:1-12*

*"Key verse: "I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great" (Daniel 8:4)."*
Christ Jesus hath the power, the power to destroy, the power to bruise your enemy, who would your soul annoy, Christ Jesus hath the power, when on your dying bed to give your soul the victory, the power to raise the dead".
These lines are from a song that is meant to reassure believers in Christ of the unconquerable power of Christ Jesus. In life, there are many problems that appear insurmountable.
All through the ages, men have arisen to be a terror to their fellow men. They roll out oppressive policies that draw tears from the eyes of fellow citizens. They operate as if they have the power of life and death because nobody can stop them.
King Pharaoh of Egypt in Moses time was in this mould. He oppressed the Jews so cruelly that it appeared there would never be any respite. Day and night, the people of God were told to make bricks without straws being provided for them. They toiled and groaned while the enemy pushed furiously. But that display of brute power and sheer wickedness terminated at the Red Sea. Israel got their freedom, while Pharaoh and his men perished.
In today's text, Daniel saw some visions of rams, one of them exercising formidable power, "pushing westward and northward and southward" so that no beast might stand before him. But a hegoat demystified the ram. The he-goat cast the ram down to the ground and stamped upon him, and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand (verse 7).
Believers must put their faith in the Almighty who alone has the ultimate power to throw down all the seeming formidable power of the enemy. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus has the power to destroy every strongman or evil personality no matter the forces behind him. Trust Him always, no matter how grave the challenges you face may be.
*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 14 - 16*
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The brighter you see, the faster you move."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 8:58am On Jan 08, 2015
Topic: On the Bushel

"Thursday, January 08, 2015"

*TEXT: GENESIS 1:14-19*
*"Key Verse: "And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so" (Genesis 1:15
)"*
What will the earth look like without the sun that sustains its ecology? Scientists have not relented in their efforts at unravelling the mysteries behind the sun, though they have difficulties appreciating the spiritual significance of Christ as the Light of the world. 
A clear understanding of the gospel truth which portrays the Lord as the Sun of righteousness to those who are groping in spiritual darkness and ignorance will make the truth about creation clearer.
In the believer's life, light figures as a distinguishing factor between the old life of indulgence and darkness and a new life that is full of the marvellous light of Christ (Ephesians 2:1-3
). Just as the sun is an unrivalled fountain of light upon mankind, so is our Lord Jesus Christ the principal Source of spiritual light in the world (John 8:12
). Motions made without Christ will result in groping and stumbling in the dark. The prominence and permanence of the sun exemplifies Christ's continual and outstanding domination of our lives through His righteousness that constantly radiates in us.
It is time to expose your life to increased rays and powerful impact of Christ's righteousness. For, He is the brightness of the Father's glory (Hebrews 1:3
). Also, allow your light to illuminate someone else today. Do good to them, the greatest of which is to expose them to the gospel light.
Arise and shine! Do not try to separate from Christ who is the Light of the world. Such a decision will lead to living in darkness of sin and imprisonment by the devil. Your spiritual light will continue to glow as long as you abide in Jesus.
It is as you remain sincerely attached to Him that you will be able to illuminate the darkened world around you and bring glory to Christ.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 17 - 19
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A city set on a hill cannot be hid."**"
"**Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2015
Dear readers viewers followers and commentators we wil be opening another thread for 2015 so as not use the title of the former to mislead others.
Thx for ur co-operation
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
here is the new thread for daily manna 2015
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2015
here is the new thread for daily manna 2015

https://www.nairaland.com/2083848/daily-manna-feeding-word-daily

God bless us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? / Pastor Eno: A Woman’s Role In Her Husband’s House Is To Increase His Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.