Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. (1638 Views)

Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? / My hubby want me to break my sim / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dear nairalanders please I want your advice on this issue oo. My uncle's wife and daugther always want me to. Come to them any time am hungry. As a guy, I don't think that I should always go to their kicthen any tell them am hungry but atlest when they finish cooking they should put my food and tell me to go and carry it. Please I really want your advice on this matter oo because it might bring problem in the family. Thank you, your advice be it bad and good is really appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Bavvv(f): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Jorian1: Dear nairalanders please I want your advice on this issue oo. My uncle's wife and daugther always want me to. Come to them any time am hungry. As a guy, I don't think that I should always go to their kicthen any tell them am hungry but atlest when they finish cooking they should put my food and tell me to go and carry it. Please I really want your advice on this matter oo because it might bring problem in the family. Thank you, your advice be it bad and good is really appreciated. Thank you.
is not ur home pls try n manage
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by mgbeketoto: 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Simple matter.
If they want you to always tell them you are hungry. . . THEN TELL THEM EVERY TIME YOU ARE HUNGRY!

You know Nigerians like to use other people's children to do 'OMO ODO'. . .

Just carry your empty plate jeje and go and meet them EVERY TIME you are hungry. . .
Na 'control freaky' matter ke.

If you live with them. . . . DO AS THEY WISH. . .so your days may be longer than your nights! kiss
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
If i were in your shoes,that will be the last day i will ever eat their food.on your way back from work branch to a decent restaurant or fast food,eat there beleful before entering the house.when you enter,you greet them and head straight to your room.

This life is too beautiful for someone to be giving you drama for something as trivial and mudane as food.kojo men

and thats why i hate the idea of a grown ass man or woman living in a couples house when he can either rent a decent flat or stay in hostels or hotel.its even awkward
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by slimyem: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2014
What do you mean by "it might bring problem in the family"? Is that a threat?
Its their house and you are squatting with them. Live by their rules!
For as long as you have no other option and they attend to you request whenever you make it ,simply ask when you are hungry. What so hard in that?
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:08am On Jan 07, 2014
Really you don't have to complain since its their house and that's the rule.

Solution:
Get the daughter to serve your food in a warmer so you pick the warmer whenever you are ready. I know how awkward it could be having to ask for food each moment you are hungry...makes you feel like a beggar....a leach....a parasite !!!! Right?

Endure till you can afford to feed yourself.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2014
slimyem:

I guess all your Naija toasters have to wait up till midnight to catch a glimpse of you these days. Lollllz
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by gabbytabby: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2014
They might be thinking that you should volunteer to help and as they do not want to ask you to help, this might be their payback.

When you notice that they have finished cooking just wonder in and greet them say well done and almost in jest say you have finished cooking then its time to eat instead of saying you are hungry.

If there is something that you can help them with then do so. Madam probably only wants one oga in the house and might see you waiting to be told that your food is ready as you acting like another oga in the house(some women can be that funny). Try and meet them half way and hopefully things get better.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 1:02am On Jan 07, 2014
mgbeketoto: Simple matter.
If they want you to always tell them you are hungry. . . THEN TELL THEM EVERY TIME YOU ARE HUNGRY!

You know Nigerians like to use other people's children to do 'OMO ODO'. . .

Just carry your empty plate jeje and go and meet them EVERY TIME you are hungry. . .
Na 'control freaky' matter ke.

If you live with them. . . . DO AS THEY WISH. . .so your days may be longer than your nights! kiss

I will try but is always some how for me oo. They don't even allow me to cook in the kitchen.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 1:04am On Jan 07, 2014
kulyie: If i were in your shoes,that will be the last day i will ever eat their food.on your way back from work branch to a decent restaurant or fast food,eat there beleful before entering the house.when you enter,you greet them and head straight to your room.

This life is too beautiful for someone to be giving you drama for something as trivial and mudane as food.kojo men

and thats why i hate the idea of a grown ass man or woman living in a couples house when he can either rent a decent flat or stay in hostels or hotel.its even awkward

Bros, soup wey sweet na money kill am ooo. When you see say money wey you get dey very little, to eat #200 a plate go tire you oo.

Imagine that for one week and 2x a day.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 1:08am On Jan 07, 2014
Royal Roy: Really you don't have to complain since its their house and that's the rule.

Solution:
Get the daughter to serve your food in a warmer so you pick the warmer whenever you are ready. I know how awkward it could be having to ask for food each moment you are hungry...makes you feel like a beggar....a leach....a parasite !!!! Right?

Endure till you can afford to feed yourself.

Thanks man, I love the advice, and you really got it. It makes me look especially like a parasite, always perching on someone for survival and begging.

am sometime there and they are watching movie and I have to calculate how to go ask her to leave african magic which I know she loves so much just to give me food.

I go just bone go sleep most times.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 1:11am On Jan 07, 2014
gabbytabby: They might be thinking that you should volunteer to help and as they do not want to ask you to help, this might be their payback.

When you notice that they have finished cooking just wonder in and greet them say well done and almost in jest say you have finished cooking then its time to eat instead of saying you are hungry.

If there is something that you can help them with then do so. Madam probably only wants one oga in the house and might see you waiting to be told that your food is ready as you acting like another oga in the house(some women can be that funny). Try and meet them half way and hopefully things get better.

I guess i didn't tell you that I help the husband (my uncle) in running a business.
So, no time to help in house chores but if am free I do anything do able in the kitchen and in the house.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by RoyalRoy(m): 1:31am On Jan 07, 2014
Jorian1:

Thanks man, I love the advice, and you really got it. It makes me look especially like a parasite, always perching on someone for survival and begging.

am sometime there and they are watching movie and I have to calculate how to go ask her to leave African Magic which I know she loves so much just to give me food.

I go just bone go sleep most times

I really feel your pain man!!

Just try and get them to serve your food in a warmer so you can pick anytime you want.
I don't think they wanna be mean to you. Seems they just don't want you going to the pot to dish out food for yourself.

Get your own warmer and let your food be in it till u are ready.
And with that you won't need to disturb madam when she is watching her African magic

You will get there.

One love brov.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Jorian1 you will get there man. Stay positive and do what RR said. *sigh it is well sad
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Miner13: 5:40am On Jan 07, 2014
kulyie: If i were in your shoes,that will be the last day i will ever eat their food.on your way back from work branch to a decent restaurant or fast food,eat there beleful before entering the house.when you enter,you greet them and head straight to your room.

Oga ooo!
Odun tuntun, ayipada tuntun!

Ojogbonbirin kulyie, your comments since 1st day of this year have changed.

Hmmmmmm!

Is this your searching year?
Or
No more feminist?
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by slimyem: 6:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Royal Roy:

I guess all your Naija toasters have to wait up till midnight to catch a glimpse of you these days. Lollllz
lol.
Na so o..
..or very early before work starts. Me sef tire. You are doing a good job here by the way.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2014
Ewuro707: Jorian1 you will get there man. Stay positive and do what RR said. *sigh it is well sad

Thanks man, still trying oo
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2014
Royal Roy:

I really feel your pain man!!

Just try and get them to serve your food in a warmer so you can pick anytime you want.
I don't think they wanna be mean to you. Seems they just don't want you going to the pot to dish out food for yourself.

Get your own warmer and let your food be in it till u are ready.
And with that you won't need to disturb madam when she is watching her African magic

You will get there.

One love brov.

Warmer, maybe I will buy a warmer and see how it works too for that side. Thanks veryy much
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2014
Miner13:

Oga ooo!
Odun tuntun, ayipada tuntun!

Ojogbonbirin kulyie, your comments since 1st day of this year have changed.

Hmmmmmm!

Is this your searching year?
Or
No more feminist?
lol who told you i am searching.i am still a proud feminist.nobody never tafele fele come my side ni,thats why i am still keeping it cool .i have not changed.i am still the kulyie you know.when its time for home truth,i will spill it .kojubelo
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by vanitty: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2014
Awwwww
They might be oblivious to the discomfort they are causing or they might be doing it on purpose just to break you.
Just endure, some people suffer worse.
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Jorian1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
vanitty: Awwwww
They might be oblivious to the discomfort they are causing or they might be doing it on purpose just to break you.
Just endure, some people suffer worse.

Still on it oo. An enduring it oo
Re: Please Help : She Always Want Me To Ask Her For Food. by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 08, 2014
You have to learn how to praise these women. Don't insult your uncle, but sing the praises of how well they prepare your dinner as if they were saints. They will greet you with your food and a smile every day.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 / Every Marriage Monitoring Spirit Preventing U From Being Married, Be Broken IJN / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.