Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance (2928 Views)

"Nigeria Finally Plays Into The Grand Strategy Of Biafrans" - Vanguard / Is This The Latest Campaign Strategy Of PDP? / PDP v Twitter: Battle Royale--- Show the world PDP's Strategy!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Abagworo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
The attempt by the PDP to foment religious disharmony among Nigerians is unpatriotic, evil and beyond acceptable political rhetoric.

We in the APC never look at Nigerians as Christians or Muslims, southerners or northerners; because, the bad leadership we fight against, the corruption we strongly opposed, and the widespread poverty we painfully lament affect all Nigerians irrespective of tribe, religion or geography.

The fact that a ruling party can resort to acting in ways detrimental to national security portrays a party on its last gasp of political relevance and ever willing to plunge Nigeria into sectarian chaos in order to conceal its crimes within the debris of a nation-wide anarchy.

No matter how it tried, the PDP's death-knell has sounded, and it will end - just as it began - in tragedy.

We call on all Nigerian men and women to rise against this malicious misrepresentation and maintain strict vigilance against any attempt to subvert the peace and unity of this country.

Long Live Nigeria!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151911665487734&id=51744382733&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5966639826365868393%3Amf_story_key.3498316937768235246

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
You once had the opportunity to eradicate poverty and unemployment in Nigeria.
How come you didn't?
You're a soldier not a civilian.
You don't wear uniform doesn't mean you are civilian.
No more soldiers at the presidency!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
loooooooooooool APC should focus on winning elections by giving us substantive reasons instead of propaganda cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Clerverly: 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
The retardeen has further alienated all the neutrals by the divisive manner he and his Sure-P online attack dogs ethnically and religiously debased other people's tribe and faith. The Mumu Must go!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by donphilopus: 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
My President come 2015, seldomly speaks. He's just a religious/ethnic tolerant.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by HowFar: 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Which Buhari? Is it Buhari the Bukohari leader?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by iamtheprincipal: 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
They have sure exhausted their game plane of mis-informing the vulnerable masses but we know better now.
Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Ngwakwe: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2014
Make no mistake, Maj, Gen M. Buhari (retired) favours implementation of Sharia law, any day, any time and his body language has always encouraged Muslims to vote for Muslims for political expediency. -though debatable.

Moreover News24.com has something to refresh our memory.

[size=14pt]"Buhari" Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria[/size]
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on.
- AFP

- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 09, 2014
Buhari is spot on with his comments.

It is a shame that the PDP supporters on this thread have not heeded his words about the need to stop fomenting religious and tribal discord.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by omenka(m): 5:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Vessi: You once had the opportunity to eradicate poverty and unemployment in Nigeria.
How come you didn't?
You're a soldier not a civilian.
You don't wear uniform doesn't mean you are civilian.
No more soldiers at the presidency!
What exactly is this one saying The gentleman is asking nigerians to be cautious, vigilant, and wary of the killer party's most recent rhetorics and inuendoes aimed at stairing ethnoreligious intolerance and you are here spewing sh*t like a broken sewer. Cant you simply stfu if you've got nothing reasonable to contribute to the subject matter? Oponu.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by kushy(m): 6:47am On Jan 09, 2014
is it nt true? merely all d governor of apc in d south west are muslims exept kayode fayemi of ekiti state. na muslim parole

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by HowFar: 6:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Say No to Islamic Republic of Nigeria

A vote for Arewa People's Congress is a vote for Sharia introduction.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by lafex: 6:58am On Jan 09, 2014
How Far?:
Which Buhari? Is it Buhari the Bukohari leader?
This is what exactly BUHARI is talking about.
What is the meaning of Buhari if not for divisive purpose? grin
Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by lafex: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2014
How Far?:
Say No to Islamic Republic of Nigeria

A vote for Arewa People's Congress is a vote for Sharia introduction.
Thi is where your dumb brain turn you to. If Arewa people want to turn Nigeria to Islamic republic of Nigeria as you call they would have done it so far because they have moore time on power than any other part of Nigeria. Those people like you are the ones that keep Nigeria creeple as it is today yet you are also blaming the government.
We are chanting of credibility but you are here talking from the sentiment point of view.
EYIN NI EPE OLE KOWA JA EYIN NA NI E MA TUN PE OLOKO KO WA MU....SMH

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by chairman: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2014
And why do we still hear from apc that christian/christian or muslim/muslim and igbo person not good for the presidency and why must a northerner be the next president if these ppl are sincere? What are these ppl taking us for?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by lafex: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2014
chairman: And why do we still hear from apc that christian/christian or muslim/muslim and igbo person not good for the presidency and why must a northerner be the next president if these ppl are sincere? What are these ppl taking us for?
Ti eeyan bafe mu obo oma sebi obo ni. The politics on ground is muslim/christian and northerner/southerner which is being used by PDP. So if APC change the formular at this time there is no way they can wrestle the power from PDP. What they need is to leave the formular for now and later change it when they gained the power if they wish

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nnewi1stSon: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2014
donphilopus: My President come 2015, seldomly speaks. He's just a religious/ethnic tolerant.
Yes! president of your village!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2014
Abagworo: The attempt by the PDP to foment religious disharmony among Nigerians is unpatriotic, evil and beyond acceptable political rhetoric.

We in the APC never look at Nigerians as Christians or Muslims, southerners or northerners; because, the bad leadership we fight against, the corruption we strongly opposed, and the widespread poverty we painfully lament affect all Nigerians irrespective of tribe, religion or geography.

The fact that a ruling party can resort to acting in ways detrimental to national security portrays a party on its last gasp of political relevance and ever willing to plunge Nigeria into sectarian chaos in order to conceal its crimes within the debris of a nation-wide anarchy.

No matter how it tried, the PDP's death-knell has sounded, and it will end - just as it began - in tragedy.

We call on all Nigerian men and women to rise against this malicious misrepresentation and maintain strict vigilance against any attempt to subvert the peace and unity of this country.

Long Live Nigeria!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151911665487734&id=51744382733&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5966639826365868393%3Amf_story_key.3498316937768235246

Abagworo..

So you have joined ndi APC because your boss is with them abi.. grin

Odikwa Egwu o!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by donphilopus: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Yes! president of your village!
My village is even fortunate to be governed by a President, good, whereas yours is still attached to another village to form a "ward"! Is that not pathetic? 'When' he becomes the President, it's either you do the needful and simply "go and d..", or you endure it forever.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nnewi1stSon: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2014
donphilopus: My village if even fortunate to be governed by a President, good, whereas yours is still attached to another village to form a "ward"! Is that not pathetic. 'When' he becomes the President, it's either you do the needful by simply "go and d..", or you endure it.
Please when quoting try as much as possible to be coherent and comprehensible! I find it hard deciphering the verbose you put up there!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Sirsijo(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2014
From most of the comments above, i think NYSC should be stopped. Is this what we call unity?
Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nnewi1stSon: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2014
Okija_juju:

Abagworo..

Odikwa Egwu o!!
Abagworo has always been a Mallam from time immemorial, that's why he hardly gets on with Chino

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by donphilopus: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2014
lafex: Thi is where your dumb brain turn you to. If Arewa people want to turn Nigeria to Islamic republic of Nigeria as you call they would have done it so far because they have moore time on power than any other part of Nigeria. Those people like you are the ones that keep Nigeria creeple as it is today yet you are also blaming the government.
We are chanting of credibility but you are here talking from the sentiment point of view.
EYIN NI EPE OLE KOWA JA EYIN NA NI E MA TUN PE OLOKO KO WA MU....SMH

I beseech you to stop quoting that fool called 'How Far?', he knows nothing! He's just here to display his level of ignorance, stupidity, indecency, illiteracy and foolishness. He has a little, or no brain.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by donphilopus: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Please when quoting try as much as possible to be coherent and comprehensible! I find it hard deciphering the verbose you put up there!
Nincompoop, go back and read what I put up there! If you can't still comprehend it, then you need to do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nnewi1stSon: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2014
donphilopus: Nincompoop, go back and read what I put up there! If you can't still comprehend it, then you need to do the needful.
The only person sounding like a Nicompoop here is you! Put up reasonable arguements in simple comprehensible English, or better still log off and go to your village square and dance unclad like the unlettered cretinous slowpoke you are! You're not worth my time! Buzz of Murrafucker!
Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Okijajuju1(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Abagworo has always been a Mallam from time immemorial, that's why he hardly gets on with Chino

Fear not..

PDP is like Mount Zion.. And as long as Jah liveth, Babylon (APC) shall never triumph over Zion..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Abagworo(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2014
Okija_juju:

Abagworo..

Odikwa Egwu o!!

I'm not in APC but I like their principle of not using religion and ethnicity as their "modus operandi". Nigeria needs peace. PDP on the other hand has been causing crisis in Nigeria based on pitching one group against another, arming youths like the case of Rivers.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Abagworo(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Abagworo has always been a Mallam from time immemorial, that's why he hardly gets on with Chino

Chino is a bitter man that thinks like a child. He goes all about attacking other Igbos in order to give an impression of Anambra being a distinct group that is better than other Igbos. Why I disagree with him is because I've argued with him that Anambra is a mere artificial creation which is not homogenous at all. People living from Nnewi to Aguata are also the same with people living in Orlu area of Imo State both in language and culture. He claimed to be from Uga and I told him Uga is more related to Akokwa in Imo State than Aguleri.
So its more like an ill-Informed man(Chino) and a well informed man(Abagworo) not being able to relate because of exposure and social strata.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by donphilopus: 9:07am On Jan 09, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: The only person sounding like a Nicompoop here is you! Put up reasonable arguements in simple comprehensible English, or better still log off and go to your village square and dance unclad like the unlettered cretinous slowpoke you are! You're not worth my time! Buzz of Murrafucker!
You're certified nitwit for spewing the above hocus-pocus. It's only a fool like you, that cannot comprehend the quoted-post.

Dude, get your asz off your brain and stop being in the state of higgledy-piggledy. My posts are not meant to be comprehensible by a dummy like you.

Go and get a life, fool! You can simply save your life by stop quoting me! You're equally not worth my time. You simply spewed the above sheet, from your master's workshop.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nnewi1stSon: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Abagworo:

Chino is a bitter man that thinks like a child. He goes all about attacking other Igbos in order to give an impression of Anambra being a distinct group that is better than other Igbos. Why I disagree with him is because I've argued with him that Anambra is a mere artificial creation which is not homogenous at all. People living from Nnewi to Aguata are also the same with people living in Orlu area of Imo State both in language and culture. He claimed to be from Uga and I told him Uga is more related to Akokwa in Imo State than Aguleri.
So its more like an ill-Informed man(Chino) and a well informed man(Abagworo) not being able to relate because of exposure and social strata.
you better pray Chino doesnt get to see that part gringringrin
Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Ngwakwe: Make no mistake, Maj, Gen M. Buhari (retired) favours implementation of Sharia law, any day, anything and his body language has always encouraged Muslims to vote for Muslims for political expediency. -though debatable.

Moreover News24.com has something to refresh our memory.

we heard these same lies a billion times previously.
Re: Buhari Condemns Pdp's Strategy Of Creating Religious And Ethnic Intolerance by Nnewi1stSon: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2014
donphilopus: You're certified nitwit for spewing the above hocus-pocus. It's only a fool like you, that cannot comprehend the quoted-post.

Dude, get your asz off your brain and stop being in the state of higgledy-piggledy. My posts are not meant to be comprehensible by a dummy like you.

Go and get a life, fool! You can simply save your life by stop quoting me! You're equally not worth my time. You simply spewed the above sheet, from you master's workshop.
Are you this daft or you're just making extra effort today? BTW why havent you reported me to OAM4J like you ordinarily would have done? Why engage me today? Or my bad! I forgot Seun sacked OAM4J, so no where to run to! Filthy ibadan pig! You're not worth poultry droppings to me, and the closest you can ever get to kissing the sole of my shoes is here on NL! You uncircumcised dumbfuckk! Go and get a life and quit masquerading as an intellectual with the few lexis you got from your Oford lexicon last night! grin! Anuofia!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spill Blood If Necessary: Decamped Rivers State Deputy Governor Ikuru Urges / Civil War Would Have Been Shorter If Ojukwu Had Acted Like Jonathan - Danjuma / Niger Delta Avengers Invites President Buhari To Visit Some Communities In Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.