Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times (4100 Views)

What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by veraponpo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Other places too are coming up, like Oyo and Ogun.

See below:
An investor from Mexico, Cajiga Gevaldo, has promised the Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, that his company, Lugath Mexico, will soon commence the manufacturing of heavy-duty trucks, fire-fighting equipment and sanitary materials in the state.

During a courtesy call on the governor in his office in Ibadan on Tuesday, Gevaldo, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Mexican manufacturing company, said he was motivated to invest in Oyo State because of the peaceful atmosphere in the state and his willingness to contribute to the economic development of the state.

He also said the willingness of the state government to partner with him informed his optimism to the project.

Ajimobi, who commended Geraldo for his plans, added that the state was in partnership with a Chinese company to set up a vehicle assembly plant in the state.

The governor, who said his government was prepared to partner with the Mexico-based firm, assured the investor that everything would be done to ensure the success of the partnership and sustenance of the investments, for the benefit of the people of the state.

“Our relationship with you will be mutually beneficial. I cherish the steadfastness of Mexicans in achieving success. You can count on us for a partnership with your company. Just like we are partnering with a Chinese company to set up a vehicle assembly plant in Oyo Sate, we will also work closely with you to establish your subsidiary in our state,” he said

http://www.punchng.com/news/mexican-firm-plans-truck-manufacturing-in-oyo/
Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by mapet: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dumbo.........
I think some of you are simply clueless..ok.why didn't Fire Service, Emergency Rescue teams, etc not save almost 2000 people that died in 911 saga?
adconline: About $60bn spent since 1999 by LASG, yet fire service fleet had no water to put out fire that killed over 20 people and burnt businesses at Berger Suya? Naija is irredeemable!
Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by mapet: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
The success in co-habitation is not as a result of former capital......far from it. It is as a result of the hospitable nature of the hosts, lots of opportunityies for commerce and dynamic pattern of Administration in the State.

EagleNest: If all ethnic groups as well as people form adjoining west African countries have thrived and co-habited successfully in Lagos for over many years - perhaps b/c of Lagos former national capital statue, I kept on wondering why we find it difficult to repeat same in other states and at the national. A food for thought for all.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by UyiIredia(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
phantonce: lagos leads,
watch out for ogun and ibadan in the coming years.
they are also almost there.
south west is moving.
i dnt see where they wrote some tribe developed lagos

Add Ondo. I just watched Focus Nigeria a few hrs back. Two ministers of the state detailed (with videos) the developments going on in Ondo and I was impressed. It's not the big projects we know Fashola for. Mimiko's rule seems to be community-oriented and targeted towards equitable wealth distribution. That is my bias.
Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by adconline(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
mapet: Dumbo.........
I think some of you are simply clueless..ok.why didn't Fire Service, Emergency Rescue teams, etc not save almost 2000 people that died in 911 saga?
Stupidity is ingrained in ur DNA. What a stupid comparison. Fire services in the US work and always fire-fight ready with water etc while Fire Service in Lagos came with no water after several hours. Why should fire service go to a fire outbreak without water? Julius Berger and Capital Oil Fire Services assumed the role of state fire service.
Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

Add Ondo. I just watched Focus Nigeria a few hrs back. Two ministers of the state detailed (with videos) the developments going on in Ondo and I was impressed. It's not the big projects we know Fashola for. Mimiko's rule seems to be community-oriented and targeted towards equitable wealth distribution. That is my bias.
I'll check out ondo then.
south west is moving.
some tribe are migrating.
Re: What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

Ondo is probably the most natural resource rich state in south west Nigeria. She is performing below par.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Fashola Unveiled His Successor / Tinubu's Aide Blasts Buhari For Flagrant Disobedience Of Court Orders. Explosive / Osinbajo Outsmarts Buhari, provides new policy to arrest slump of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.