Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (26845 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by adexsimply(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
Matthew briggs: *Scracthes head*

From reading this epistle I am made the following deductions. undecided

>[size=13pt]Nigerian women are gold diggers[/size] because they want to live a happy life.

> Nigerian Women believe the richer a man is the more the chances of them been happy with the man because Money can buy happiness (at least in most cases)

>The happiness of a Nigerian woman is tied to money.

> To get any Nigerian woman including the op. You stand a higher chance if you spend massively on her.

> This also means Nigerian women are like properties, commodities that can be bought via proxy i.e give her happiness aka money and you can have her.

> This also means as a guy all you have to freaking care about when in a relationship with a Nigerian woman is not her feeling nor her emotional need but how to make money, more money. You can cheat, abuse her, insult her and she will still worship you.

> This also means the happiness of a Nigerian women is tied to the Nigerian man. He is like a god who controls her happiness by how much he is willing to spend.

> This also mean as a guy you can marry as much women as you want... freaking sleep with the whole neigbohood just make sure you have enough "happiness" to give them. you have no problem.

I can go on and on...
But my question is as a Nigerian women is this a very good narrative for you.

A narrative of dependence and leeching...

Is money truly what you see in a man that defines whether you will be happy with him.

I cannot answer this question for you.

But personally I think women women go after men with money not because they seek happiness like the OP stated but because they seek to live a comfortable life free from worries (at least financial ones), the average women loves a man who can provide her with a sense of financial security ....

This I think is a better reason.

#Mathew Briggs

#Mathew Briggs
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
Thank you for understanding the post and making an intelligent contribution smiley
smiley
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta: She didn't say money brings happiness, did she? undecided
She did not.

uj_sizzle: Money is the next best thing after love. Seriously, lets not deceive ourselves here, money makes the world go round. And who says it can't buy you happiness?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Psychedelia(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
jay bee: Clara Chime

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by jmoore(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery"
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:
She did not.

Oh no. I seriously disagree with that point. There are hundreds of people who have money but are far from being happy. Maybe i skipped that part and got carried away with the good points. Truth remains that if you solely depend on money for happiness, you are close to self-destruction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Material things will not make you happy. They can only get you excited and boost your ego. Just the way i feel about my new shoes. But am i happy because of the shoes? No. I'm happy because i found happiness in something immeasurable and immaterial.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

Oh no. I seriously disagree with that point. There are hundreds of people who have money but are far from being happy. Maybe i skipped that part and got carried away with the good points. Truth remains that if you solely depend on money for happiness, you are close to self-destruction.
But there are also people that have money and are happy and who appear to be happier the more they have. Maybe they just knew what shape and color happiness takes and where to buy it and the others didn't know? *shrugs
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta: Material things will not make you happy. They can only get you excited and boost your ego. Just the way i feel about my new shoes. But am i happy because of the shoes? No. I'm happy because i found happiness in something immeasurable and immaterial.
@bold: really weird thing to say. You're happy because you found happiness? In something immeasurable and immaterial? That's esoteric shyt, not meant for mortals to understand grin

You know, emotions or feelings might have different names but they feel alike. The thing you call excitement and ego boost is also called happiness by mere mortals cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ty Lannister:
But there are also people that have money and are happy and who appear to be happier the more they have. Maybe they just knew what shape and color happiness takes and where to buy it and the others didn't know? *shrugs

Lol. It's not the money that makes them happy. Yes, they are either contented, relaxed, excited or glad they can afford basic and non-basic things. But real happiness goes beyond that. Forget what they display on the surface.

Lol @ the bolded. Abi o. Maybe the colour is blue or orange cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ty Lannister:
@bold: really weird thing to say. You're happy because you found happiness? In something immeasurable and immaterial? That's esoteric shyt, not meant for mortals to understand grin

You know, emotions or feelings might have different names but they feel alike. The thing you call excitement and ego boost is also called happiness by mere mortals cheesy

True that.

People are different. Let the mere mortals enjoy their happiness. A toast to that cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

Lol. It's not the money that makes them happy. Yes, they are either contented, relaxed, excited or glad they can afford basic and non-basic things. But real happiness goes beyond that. Forget what they display on the surface.

Lol @ the bolded. Abi o. Maybe the colour is blue or orange cheesy
Real happiness is a strange concept. As far as the op's meaning goes, happiness is simply a feeling that people have because they have something, a pleasant feeling. Call it contentment, call it relaxation, call it gladness ( Isn't that a synonym for happiness? undecided), call it whatever. It's the same feeling and the op believes that Nigerian women think that money can give it to them.

I don't know anyone who knows what 'real happiness' is. Can you define it?
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

True that.

People are different. Let the mere mortals enjoy their happiness. A toast to that cheesy
They are at that cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
The human mind has the ability to see what it wants to see, and not what is truly there undecided

The thing tire me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by dre11(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Matthew briggs: *Scracthes head*

From reading this epistle I am made the following deductions. undecided

>Nigerian women are gold diggers because they want to live a happy life.

> Nigerian Women believe the richer a man is the more the chances of them been happy with the man because Money can buy happiness (at least in most cases)

>The happiness of a Nigerian woman is tied to money.

> To get any Nigerian woman including the op. You stand a higher chance if you spend massively on her.

> This also means Nigerian women are like properties, commodities that can be bought via proxy i.e give her happiness aka money and you can have her.

> This also means as a guy all you have to freaking care about when in a relationship with a Nigerian woman is not her feeling nor her emotional need but how to make money, more money. You can cheat, abuse her, insult her and she will still worship you.

> This also means the happiness of a Nigerian women is tied to the Nigerian man. He is like a god who controls her happiness by how much he is willing to spend.

> This also mean as a guy you can marry as much women as you want... freaking sleep with the whole neigbohood just make sure you have enough "happiness" to give them. you have no problem.

I can go on and on...
But my question is as a Nigerian women is this a very good narrative for you.

A narrative of dependence and leeching...

Is money truly what you see in a man that defines whether you will be happy with him.

I cannot answer this question for you.

But personally I think women women go after men with money not because they seek happiness like the OP stated but because they seek to live a comfortable life free from worries (at least financial ones), the average women loves a man who can provide her with a sense of financial security ....

This I think is a better reason.

#Mathew Briggs

well said bro......

you said 2/3 of what i can deduced from the agurement and counter agurement on this said topic
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ty Lannister:
Real happiness is a strange concept. As far as the op's meaning goes, happiness is simply a feeling that people have because they have something, a pleasant feeling. Call it contentment, call it relaxation, call it gladness ( Isn't that a synonym for happiness? undecided), call it whatever. It's the same feeling and the op believes that Nigerian women think that money can give it to them.

I can only define my own happiness (perfectly). Serial killers and vampires derive joy in seeing/drinking blood or inflicting pains. So the OP got it right to an extent.

To each his own.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle: Lol Matthew Briggs, very smart grin
But don't you think chasing money because it's a guarantee of financial security(like you mentioned) is happiness? undecided

Please define 'happiness' ?

Financial security is different from happiness.. To define happpiness I think we should ask the following peeople.

>1. The governors wife who was locked up by her husband in the state house, while he philaanders away... it took the intervention of the press to free her.

> 2. The women with a husband who beats her black and blue but takes her on a expensive holidays oversees

> 3. The beutiful woman who just discovered her banker husband has just infected her with an STD. due to his cheating life style

>4. The beuatiful model who is married to a billionair, old enough to be her father. She sleeps arounnd becaus she can't help but feel disappointed every night because he is impotent.

Going by your epistle, I think the real issue is that the average Nigerian woman has a twisted sense and manner of pursuing happines.

for me caractas post some where on his forum summarizes my thoughts on happpiness..

PS. I replaced the word love with happiness.

Caracta
Who says happpiness is hard to find these days? I totally disagree. happpiness is in you. The truth is you can't give what you don't have. If you think true happpiness doesn't exist, then it's your fault because you have no happpiness left to give.

The moment you begin to understand that happpiness is beyond physical attraction, money or sex, that's when you can truly appreciate happpiness.

But we don't want happpiness. We want him/her to be rich, hot and sexy, speak polished English, etc. We think that's enough. That's why some people remain in abusive relationships...not because they love their partners...but because their partners are rich or famous.

You want to find happpiness? Be happy for yourself first. Discover the hidden sparkle in you. Never believe there is no true happpiness out there. Believe you can find happpiness. Change your orientation about life and people. Be positive. Be free. Know what you want. Define your expectations.

happpiness...true happpiness will find you. That's if you deserve it.

#Mathew briggs
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
The human mind has the ability to see what it wants to see, and not what is truly there undecided

The thing tire me

You really need to clarify the issues raised. Me I don tire o.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ty Lannister:

Tyrion you are truly a wise man.
Happiness is the feeling of contentment, and money can buy that. Now whether that feeling can be sustained by money in the longrun is another matter altogether. But can money and all it gets make some people happy even momentarily? Yes it can.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
Happiness is the feeling of contentment, and money can buy that. Now whether that feeling can be sustained by money in the longrun is another matter altogether. But can money and all it gets make some people happy even momentarily? Yes it can.

Definitely not mine.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2014

this is what she said
Uj_sizzle Why are 'Nigerian women' money conscious?
Really the answer isn't far fetched: They are simply pursuing happiness.

Does it mean they are pursuing the wrong thing.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

Definitely not mine.
That's cos you might not be superficial, a lot of folks (women in this case) are and that's her argument

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

I can only define my own happiness (perfectly). Serial killers and vampires derive joy in seeing/drinking blood or inflicting pains. So the OP got it right to an extent.

To each his own.
I don't believe that money can buy happiness. I don't believe that money is happiness. I believe that happiness is the emotion that accompanies achievement. It may be called myriad other things but it always is the result of getting something.

When a woman believes that having money will make her happy I stay very far away from her especially if I have or plan to make money because she's deluded. When she gets the money, she'll find that itself is a responsibility and she won't want the responsibility so she'll destroy it. Then the illusion is shattered and she finds a new sucker to build new illusions for her.

If she believes that money will buy happiness, it doesn't matter how much I've got in the bank or how many stocks I own and how many enterprises I own she'll go through it all like wildfire and still be unsatisfied (that is, unhappy) because happiness is not an object that can be bought with money. So I'll live at the other end of the world from her if I can help it.

But an adult woman who understands responsibility will find happiness because the habit of fulfilling responsibility is the package in which happiness comes. Now that's a woman I'll build a goddamn kingdom for. Hell, I'll build a galactic empire for her if God gives me life long enough to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ty Lannister, I am with you, I can not and will not accept that money can lead to happiness but the OP believes so or appears to. Changing people's mind or trying to change minds on NL is implausible so.........

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Caracta:

Definitely not mine.
But that's you my dear, which is why i say i speak for a proportion of the population.

Look at it this way:

What does an average person want?
What is happiness?

Q1. Food, Clothing, Shelter, Security....for some it ends here. For others it goes further to include not just any shelter but a mansion, not just any food but the best cuisines, not just any cloth but 'label'. You want education, but you don't want it in just any school. You want the best. Money provides all that.
You have dreams and aspirations that ultimately define happiness for you...it's a sense of fulfillment. But something must give. There must be a consideration. That's money. Look at it as the facilitator.

Some may decide to work and sweat to get what they want, and others may choose to attach themselves to people they think will help them get what they want(that's what we term gold digging) but what is the true motivation here? Happiness however short or prolonged the feeling lasts.

Q2. Happiness is simply an emotional feeling of contentment. It's that simple.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caracta(f): 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
@TY Lannister, I supported the OP as regards the bolded in the sense that people are different and perhaps some people find happiness in money. I can't speak for them. I can only speak for myself.

Nice points you have up there.

Sometimes sef money can be a curse!
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Matthew briggs:

this is what she said

Does it mean they are pursuing the wrong thing.
Depends on what leaves a person contented.
Personally, it's more of the process than the end for me. I find happiness in the struggle...i like to know i was part of the reason i reached an expected end.
But some just love the end *shrugs* I dunno, no judgement coming from this end.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
All has been said and bla bla bla, now this is to the OP,

Define "Gold diggers".....

You said Nigerian women are not Gold diggers but pursuing happiness so what do you call "gold digging"?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by TyLannister: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
Why'd you call me Tyrion? What makes you I'm not Tywin? cheesy

Yes, money can buy stuff that makes you happy. I bought a pair of shoes the other day. I still stare at my feet when I walk. I'm happy jare. But I don't believe that money buys happiness. I believe that some people believe that it does because they think that the stuff they buy makes them happy.

But let's see. The shoes are suede. My city is fairly dusty. And the weather can wear shoes out quite easily. I'm gonna have to rack my brains to figure out how to keep the shoes good and working. I'm also gonna have to give them up sometimes when they are not the best option for a movement. Only the ability to respond correctly with respect to them is gonna, well, keep me happy.

So, while I agree that buying a new Porsche or gold-plated BB makes some vain girl happy as a lark, I do not agree that she can stay happy (which, I suppose, is the whole point in pursuing happiness) unless she buys more and more and more until the money's gone. And when it is (and it will be unless somebody teaches her to grow up or dumps her) so's the happiness. So if love is fleeting, this happiness thing might be worse unless the female is grown-up and responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by jaybee3(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle:
But that's you my dear, which is why i say i speak for a proportion of the population.

Look at it this way:

What does an average person want?
What is happiness?

Q1. Food, Clothing, Shelter, Security....for some it ends here. For others it goes further to include not just any shelter but a mansion, not just any food but the best cuisines, not just any cloth but 'label'. You want education, but you don't want it in just any school. You want the best. Money provides all that.
You have dreams and aspirations that ultimately define happiness for you...it's a sense of fulfillment. But something must give. There must be a consideration. That's money. Look at it as the facilitator.

Some may decide to work and sweat to get what they want, and others may choose to attach themselves to people they think will help them get what they want(that's what we term gold digging) but what is the true motivation here? Happiness however short or prolonged the feeling lasts.

Q2. Happiness is simply an emotional feeling of contentment. It's that simple.
Why can't all of that be achieved individually without having the need to rely on someone else with a promise of love to achieve them?

I mean all these are common goals each and every human being make at some point in their respective lives. The key difference is the self worth and so called happiness derived from achieving these goals are of importance only to the person setting the goals.

What gives?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by UjSizzle(f): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
It really isn't so much the money than what it provides.

@Mynd, i already briefly addressed that in my post to Caracta.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
uj_sizzle: It really isn't so much the money than what it provides.

@Mynd, i already briefly addressed that in my post to Caracta.
a quote won't hurt will it? tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Lesbianism On The Increase In Nigeria? (pics Included) / 'fairly Used Virgin' - Between Reno Omokri And A Female Twitter User / For guys: Have you ever shed tears over a heart break?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.