Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,929 members, 7,956,488 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. (27334 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Mynd44: 1:00pm On May 18, 2015
princesa:

Moral, physical, emotional and financial. Relationship to me is a two way thing tongue
Finance is not a responsibility. It is a form of aid.

You do not make it a responsibility not something he is obligated to do. When you call it a responsibility, you make it something that he should give you always.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by adahgold(m): 1:02pm On May 18, 2015
PedroJP:

Right brother. Na wetin i for even ask OP, unto how some naija women go take de pursue their happiness when their beauty don fade. I mean when they don dey turn smeagle. Abi dem no de need happiness then ?

broda no kill me with laff for here abeg,hahahahaahah.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Tino86(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2015
post=20793803:
They are either gold diggers or use gold diggers' methods and tactics to pursue happiness. grin

"Don't you want a man who can spend on you?" is a common line I keep hearing from my aunts and cousins. Sorry, but that's gold digging. Can't convince me otherwise. One can make excuses and/or blame it on environment, conditions, etc., but let's call a spade a spade.
it's very appealing to knw that,we still have jewels among rags. it is awsome to knw that we still have women in Nig., who dont have the greedy and lazy mindset of the op and other golddiggers who tie their happiness to a man's wealth. my dear may your heart desires locate u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by princesa(f): 1:41pm On May 18, 2015
Mynd44:

Finance is not a responsibility. It is a form of aid.

You do not make it a responsibility not something he is obligated to do. When you call it a responsibility, you make it something that he should give you always.

okay, it was a matter of diction. Either way, you get what I meant.
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Caleycash(m): 1:59pm On May 18, 2015
Briareos:
This is a very moot and pathetic argument to explain the greed of (most) Nigerian ladies.

If all they seek is "happiness", and money is what can bring them such happiness - why cant they work hard for their own money? Why should they risk their happiness on another human being - when they can easily get their own money and be нαρρү to Timbuktu as they wishes.

Is there a law against ladies earning their upkeep?

And further more, are the few independent ladies we have not нαρρү?
No mind lazy naija girls...na for person pocket dey wan dey happy; mtcheeeww

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 18, 2015
Okay
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by no1madman(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2015
Caleycash:
No mind lazy naija girls...na for person pocket dey wan dey happy; mtcheeeww
no mind dem! dem 2 dey expect. . . .
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by suzzy16(f): 5:16pm On May 18, 2015
Mynd44:

False. ,en don't make money solely so women will follow them anyone who does is an infant. Men make money to better their future and prepare for the time when they have their own family. The make money for their parents, siblings and providing for their family who provided for them while they grew up.

The same thing should be applicable to women, make your own darned money and stop being a parasite.

You mentioned that men don't show women their desirable qualities but you forget that showing these traits take time and in that time, they are likely to get stuck in the "friendzone" by these women they are trying to show.

In a thread recently. A lot of women here said they prefer a man who comes to them and lays it down to them that he wants to date them and not friendship first. How is that supposed to happened without showing off? How does his patience gets tested? How will he caring ability get tested?

Women are their own enemies and they keep falling victim to men who don't care about them but take advantage of their stupîdity
hmmm
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by suzzy16(f): 5:19pm On May 18, 2015
Caracta:

Oh please! What are you saying? So if one is dying, the other must keep flogging? I've heard some really different cases and I no longer generalize or jump into hasty conclusions.

Besides, it's not always stupidity. Vulnerability is another strong factor. So take it easy.
I'm telling u
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by charlesucheh(m): 8:43pm On May 18, 2015
princesa:

The poor guys right? True, cos that's what they have to offer.

And I'm not pro-digging activist. Just angry that most guys hide under its guise.
most stingy guys do, but there're worthy ones out there who still go through the pain of not having and loosing those they love to dem rich gangs. Walahi! I'm a person who would want my woman to have the very best while we are together, the question now is; how many of dem gurls are willing to still hold on when circumstances strikes?
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Kennedyiheme: 10:32pm On May 18, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
lol everybody wants to be happy not only ladies, what happened to the "gender equality thing" that ladies are always shouting about?......if you still watch angelina jolie's movies and she makes minimum of. $5m per movie she acts, people like oprah winfrey, lupita nyongo, chimamanda adichie. And u are saying you want happiness? Then get happiness yourself, don't depend on any man to give you happiness....... For cryin out loud if any girl needs money let her ask God or her father period, I won't carry anybodies burden except my wife's..mm.nigera is too hard to start catering for someone.....person neva chop finish, e con carry anoda person join, if I hear
are u literally saying both parties have something to offer? Oh well in most cases the guy does his part by giving her money, but she"ll refuse to play her part as a lady "u knw wht I mean"........besides why do ladies have to do trade by barter, real women get out on their own, if a lady has a vision and a good idea, I wouldn't mind givin her al the money she needs, but whts the point of buyin handbags of 500k when self made ladies are making money for themselves?
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Kennedyiheme: 10:40pm On May 18, 2015
UjSizzle:
Well said Caracta smiley
are u literally saying both parties have something to offer? Oh well in most cases the guy does his part by giving her money, but she"ll refuse to play her part as a lady "u knw wht I mean"........besides why do ladies have to do trade by barter, real women get out on their own, if a lady has a vision and a good idea, I wouldn't mind givin her al the money she needs, but whts the point of buyin handbags of 500k when self made ladies are making money for themselves?
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by mctowel01: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Mynd44:

A friend can call me up and ask to lend some money cos he/she knows I can afford to lend or share, that's being dependable and also my GF can do so as she sees you as some backup income she takes risk and she falls.

A skank sees not see you as backup, she sees you as her ATM card.
#Word
Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by popefuse(m): 9:43am On Feb 03, 2017
Mynd44:
While I agree that what the OP is right and the mentality is that they are chasing, that same mentality has been known to be a colossal failure and has made Nigerian women to be seen as money hungry skanks. Look if you want to chase money why not do it the right way?

Go get a job, get a life and also get a new name while at it. Get money on your terms, get a job to do ask your FATHER for money and stop being a freaking parasite who depends on others for money and livelihood. The same way a man works for money, a woman can also work for it and guess what, she can then be happy.

If you date people or have sex with people for money, you are a what? A LOVE PEDDLER. You might as well get a room in a brothel and wait for customers or share your numbers in hotels around you. At least we know you take it as a job and not hide behind the lie that you want to be comfortable
thanks bra. Dem go neglect there father,mother,uncle, cousin,sister etc. Na outsider be there nxt option becus dem no iphone7 can not come from the list above. Only from boifriends or magas

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. by Kipaji: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2023
Jbluv55:
Speechless! cheesy cheesy cheesy

*patiently waiting for the counter - thread "Nigerian Men Aren't Necessarily After S*E*X But Chasing After Their Happiness" grin cheesy

😂😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, What Attracts You In A Guy's Personality?? / Nigerian Man Calls Out Facebook Lady He Loved, But She Chose To Dupe Him / 8 Signs She’s Lost Interest In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.