Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (10293 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by samba123(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2008
I need to know when was Jesus became God? can you give me some evidence regarding his position in the Heaven. can i know the date and day he was taking an oath pledging His position as god.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
samba123:

I need to know when was Jesus became God? can you give me some evidence regarding his position in the Heaven. can i know the date and day he was taking an oath pledging His position as god.

Can you at least speak proper English and use upper case letters in the appropriate places.
How can you come into a public forum and disgrace yourself like that ?
samba abi clanging cymbals
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Pataki:
The word father or its usage is so common, since the bible declares the whole Jewish peoples as sons of god. They may as well have a father who they are is sons. And Jesus was a jew. We can not deny that he was also a prophet. And you do not know the condition of Jesus in heavens, right this minute, or do you. I know that I will be responding to your Paul's act statements.

Pataki, is it not surprisingly peculiar that saul will come to conclude that Jesus is lord/god by his saying what do you want me to do lord? He heard Jesus identifiying himself as jesus. Jesus did not say I am jesus, god or lord. But saul, jumped into conclusion that he now must be lor, god, when jesus himself did not say that to him. This should be what you should also think about.

You know about the predictions of bible above, are not being fulfilled, right? There are billions of knees and tongues that have not cared for it. Mine is one of them. And i do not even use tesbi'h. And my Islam, Alhamdulillah is not deficient because of it.

The carnal man can never understand the things of the spirit.
How can one cast pearls to a swine and expect them not to be trampled on ?
Your questions are expected of anyone in darkness.
Hopefully you're reading the responses too.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2008
Isaiah prophesied hundreds of years before the virgin birth.

Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

Now what does Emanuel mean ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
21 And she will have a son, and you are to[b] name him Jesus[/b],* for he will save his people from their sins."6

22 All of this happened to fulfill the Lord's message through his prophet:

23 "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son[b], and he will be called Immanuel* (meaning, God is with us)."[/b]
Re: Is Jesus God? by Queenisha: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2008
In the 3 passages above Christ's birth was prophesied and he was called amongst other names,Mighty God,his name Emanuel means God with us.

QED
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2008
samba123:

You have a distasteful and rancid usage of English. I cannot believe I just developed a slight headache reading the kind of English you have just typed.

Please move back to your Islamic section and let your fellow Islamic brethren congratulate you.
Re: Is Jesus God? by marod(m): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
This whole thing really looks like acting among rampant, Queenisha,Pataki and co to me . Why not move it to the entertainment forum. It's really a pity. angry
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 1:33am On Aug 12, 2008
marod:

This whole thing really looks like acting among rampant, Queenisha,Pataki and co to me . Why not move it to the entertainment forum. It's really a pity. angry
I will not be found guilty of child molestation on your case. So I will allow your ranting to pass away.
Re: Is Jesus God? by samba123(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2008
Queenisha:

Can you at least speak proper English and use upper case letters in the appropriate places.
How can you come into a public forum and disgrace yourself like that ?
samba abi clanging cymbals

did you find difficulty in reading upper case letters? are we in English subject teaching people how to get a 100% score.

Just answer my query if you can ? if not never mind, and try give us some little fact regarding the divinity you claiming him as god.
Re: Is Jesus God? by samba123(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2008
Queenisha

[
b]Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace[/b]

Who is this child to be born?

What is wonderful counselor?

Mighty god?
Everlasting father?
Prince of peace?

What is the different between king of peace and prince of peace?

I might be stumble to this passage never mention any personal name just conjecture of words.

Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel

When was that? I need a date here lol kindly give us a precise date and year that child to be born.

Who is this Immanuel?

How many Immanuel appearing in the bible?

21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus,* for he will save his people from their sins."6

First the name in Isaiah 7:14 is Immanuel now changed to Jesus? What a confusing name? two name two gods?

22 All of this happened to fulfill the Lord's message through his prophet:

23 "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel* (meaning, God is with us)."

That name imply God with us is Immanuel not a humankind quite confusing. How God stay with us if we’re a sinner?
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Queenisha: « #98 on: Yesterday at 08:32:41 PM »
[Quote]
The carnal man can never understand the things of the spirit.
How can one cast pearls to a swine and expect them not to be trampled on ?
Your questions are expected of anyone in darkness.
Hopefully you're reading the responses too.
[/quote]

I just stumbled on this. First thanks for standing up for me against my rambouscious woman, Lady rampant. The has some energy. I like people who stand their ground.

Now tell me, what is the position of Mary to God, or God's position to Mary, if both of them are the parents of Jesus? My dear, you are a very smart woman. It is Oga who is the father of your offspring. It is you who is the mother of Oga's offsprings. What is Oga to you, except the husband and in your language, the resident abunna? What are you to Oga, except the wife, and in your language and style the resident yam to be chopped at anytime?

Baby, explain to me what is the relationship of God with Mary, if you are sure of yourself. My being a carnal man does not make me unable to recognized facts that are under the heavens. What is above heavens, God has made us aware of them. We do not know when the day of Judgement will come for example. Neither did Jesus know it. Neither did Muhammad know it. Neither do Angels know it. Only God Almighty, alone is the Owner of that Information.

If you can not claim that God is the Husband of Mary and that Mary is the Wife of God, then know that this is another thing you should be wondering about, as you are wondering about "how could a God, Jesus, be crying out to Another God?" You see i quoted you without trying to put my own spin to it. I am looking at you in Hijab already. Gradually, you will be turned around.

I know that you have good and strong will and stable conscience. However, you are smart enough to recognize the truth. When Zainab is in New York, sometimes after her 2 or 3 weeks stay in China, starting from this coming weekend, I will put her on the line with you. She will tell you the mercy of God the almighty Allah on her! How she left darkness to Light upon Light.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Pataki:« #103 on: Yesterday at 08:55:13 PM »
[Quote]
You have a distasteful and rancid usage of English. I cannot believe I just developed a slight headache reading the kind of English you have just typed.

Please move back to your Islamic section and let your fellow Islamic brethren congratulate you.
[/quote]

And since you live in Holland, as a worldly man, you should have appreciated that Samba 123, like the Netherlanders, Germans, French people, etc, whom English language is not a necessary language before they can survive, do not have to speak, write queenisha's or queen's English.

The people of netherland speak and write very rancid/hard english. But I bet if you are going to make a milliom or more from doing business with them, you can not tell the japanese or chinese that they right bad English sentences.

You improvise or you lose the business by being uncouth, unsuffisticated. Just answer the man's question, if you know. Stop given silly excuses, and personal attacks.

You are my OXYGEN, I breathe you in, I breathe you out. . . .

Strange phenomenon.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mazaje(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

@Queenisha: « #98 on: Yesterday at 08:32:41 PM »
I just stumbled on this. First thanks for standing up for me against my rambouscious woman, Lady rampant. The has some energy. I like people who stand their ground.

Now tell me, what is the position of Mary to God, or God's position to Mary, if both of them are the parents of Jesus? My dear, you are a very smart woman. It is Oga who is the father of your offspring. It is you who is the mother of Oga's offsprings. What is Oga to you, except the husband and in your language, the resident abunna? What are you to Oga, except the wife, and in your language and style the resident yam to be chopped at anytime?

Baby, explain to me what is the relationship of God with Mary, if you are sure of yourself. My being a carnal man does not make me unable to recognized facts that are under the heavens. What is above heavens, God has made us aware of them. We do not know when the day of Judgement will come for example. Neither did Jesus know it. Neither did Muhammad know it. Neither do Angels know it. Only God Almighty, alone is the Owner of that Information.

If you can not claim that God is the Husband of Mary and that Mary is the Wife of God, then know that this is another thing you should be wondering about, as you are wondering about "how could a God, Jesus, be crying out to Another God?" You see i quoted you without trying to put my own spin to it. I am looking at you in Hijab already. Gradually, you will be turned around.

I know that you have good and strong will and stable conscience. However, you are smart enough to recognize the truth. When Zainab is in New York, sometimes after her 2 or 3 weeks stay in China, starting from this coming weekend, I will put her on the line with you. She will tell you the mercy of God the almighty Allah on her! How she left darkness to Light upon Light.

olabowale will you shut the Bleep up and let people be? why are you always trying to prove that christainity is wrong? what makes islam right and christianity wrong? who is allah and where is he? why is allah better than jehova? and why are christains and jews his enemies and the enemies of his people? why does he plan to give unto the moslems christains and jews to kill before entering in to paradise as the following  Hadith proclaims "When judgment day arrives, Allah will give every Muslim, a Jew or a Christian to kill so that the Muslim will not enter into hell fire." - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552.

you know nothing about christainity and christains know nothing about islam too, stop this my allah is better than you allah, if allah is real he would come and do all the explanations himself he wouldnt require your service because you have failed completely. so stop all these madness and self delusion. you deluded mohammed footsoldier.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Mazaje:

olabowale will you shut the Bleep up and let people be?

This is what you gain from Europe? You are Cyprus, and you have this much venom? What if you live in USA, where there are so many ways, including regional expression to say the same thing? Africans!

why does he plan to give unto the moslems christains and jews to kill before entering in to paradise as the following Hadith proclaims "When judgment day arrives, Allah will give every Muslim, a Jew or a Christian to kill so that the Muslim will not enter into hell fire." - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552.

Please provide your source? It is pure dishonest what you have written, above. Day of judgement will not come except that everyone would have died. It is then that day of judgement will begin, by ressurections of every one who ever lived.

In Islam it is believed that only a group of the muslims out of 73 groups will not go to hell fire at all. How do you therefore arrive at your killing all over again, other people by muslims, so that they can not enter hellfire, which will be contrary to what the Qur'an says?

You dishonesty is obvious.

you know nothing about christainity and christains know nothing about islam too, stop this my allah is better than you allah, if allah is real he would come and do all the explanations himself he wouldnt require your service because you have failed completely. so stop all these madness and self delusion. you deluded mohammed footsoldier.

Explanation was already done. Check the Al Qur'an. And your question was already answered. I guess that I am happy that you consider me Muhammad's (AS) foot soldier! Be my witness to this fact.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

Please provide your source?

Asking for a "source" even when what you quoted had this boldly printed - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552

Is that not the height of dishonesty?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

Day of judgement will not come except that everyone would have died. It is then that day of judgement will begin, by ressurections of every one who ever lived.

what is even more obvious is your own confusion . . . unless Allah is planning to entirely kill everyone in one day this can never happen.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mazaje(m): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2008
Please provide your source? It is pure dishonest what you have written, above. Day of judgement will not come except that everyone would have died. It is then that day of judgement will begin, by ressurections of every one who ever lived.

The source is there for you to see, but since you have been blinded by dogma you have failed to see it. ohhh so the day of judgement will not come until every body on earth has died abi, ok very good keep on deluding your self.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Davidylan: « #113 on: Today at 04:31:32 PM »
[Quote]
what is even more obvious is your own confusion . . . unless Allah is planning to entirely kill everyone in one day this can never happen.
[/quote]

David, think man. God created human from a single soul, Adam. Then he with his mate began to procreate. The process continued in all its forms even as we speak. Now just do the reverse. Maybe you see the pictures now. Just imagine the time of wars, like this invasion of Georgia by Russia.

Many people, mostly men are being killed. The death rate is greater than the time before the invasion began. If Allah wills it, just like the way Jericho was level, without a single soul, it will be so, at anytime.

Your religion is terribly incomplete. I do not believe until you just said it now that you think God may be incapable to bring about the day of Judgement without a human soul remaining alive. I am familiar with your never to happen rapture. God Who was God bfore He created human, will be the Judge Who will bring about day of Judgement by ressurection of all souls, in a recreation for Judgement day.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Mazaje: « #114 on: Today at 04:40:21 PM »
[Quote]
The source is there for you to see, but since you have been blinded by dogma you have failed to see it. ohhh so the day of judgement will not come until every body on earth has died abi, ok very good keep on deluding your self.
[/quote]

I ask you to provide your source(s), you are telling me a story, instead. The burden of proof is on the accuser. You can't do it, abi? I know it all along.

Your partypeoplepresent nothing!
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Mazaje

olabowale will you shut the Bleep up and let people be? why are you always trying to prove that christainity is wrong? what makes islam right and christianity wrong? w[b]ho is allah and where is he? why is allah better than jehova? and why are christains and jews his enemies and the enemies of his people[/b]? why does he plan to give unto the moslems christains and jews to kill before entering in to paradise as the following Hadith proclaims "When judgment day arrives, Allah will give every Muslim, a Jew or a Christian to kill so that the Muslim will not enter into hell fire." - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552.

I dont like dealing with dishonesty people that are not sincere to themselves just like Davidylan. Now, do you care to discuss Islam with me, using your above highlighted words as issues to be debated?

Do you care to provide the source ( be it Muslim, Bukhari, Abu Dawood etc) of what you quoted up and the chain of narration?
Re: Is Jesus God? by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

@Mazaje: « #114 on: Today at 04:40:21 PM »
I ask you to provide your source(s), you are telling me a story, instead. The burden of proof is on the accuser. You can't do it, abi? I know it all along.

Your partypeoplepresent nothing!

it is there for you to see, mr mohammed footsoldier. open your eyes
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: « #113 on: Today at 04:31:32 PM »
David, think man. God created human from a single soul, Adam. Then he with his mate began to procreate. The process continued in all its forms even as we speak. Now just do the reverse. Maybe you see the pictures now. Just imagine the time of wars, like this invasion of Georgia by Russia.

Many people, mostly men are being killed. The death rate is greater than the time before the invasion began. If Allah wills it, just like the way Jericho was level, without a single soul, it will be so, at anytime.

Your religion is terribly incomplete. I do not believe until you just said it now that you think God may be incapable to bring about the day of Judgement without a human soul remaining alive. I am familiar with your never to happen rapture. God Who was God bfore He created human, will be the Judge Who will bring about day of Judgement by ressurection of all souls, in a recreation for Judgement day.

What a terribly dishonest man . . . so the victory of the jews at jericho is suddenly the will of allah too? why is this so great a miracle not in the quran?
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Mazaje

I want you to know that you would not be able to deceive Babs for one if you are being deceived.

Provide the source of your post and we examine it and how did you come about the name and I also asked you the chain of transmission but you ignored that as well. Are you beig sincere to yourself?

This is till my open challenge:

I don't like dealing with dishonesty people that are not sincere to themselves just like Davidylan. Now, do you care to discuss Islam with me, using your above highlighted words as issues to be debated?

Do you care to provide the source ( be it Muslim, Bukhari, Abu Dawood etc) of what you quoted up and the chain of narration?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

@Pataki:« #103 on: Yesterday at 08:55:13 PM »
And since you live in Holland, as a worldly man, you should have appreciated that Samba 123, like the Netherlanders, Germans, French people, etc, whom English language is not a necessary language before they can survive, do not have to speak, write queenisha's or queen's English.

The people of netherland speak and write very rancid/hard english. But I bet if you are going to make a milliom or more from doing business with them, you can not tell the japanese or chinese that they right bad English sentences.

You improvise or you lose the business by being uncouth, unsuffisticated. Just answer the man's question, if you know. Stop given silly excuses, and personal attacks.

Strange phenomenon.

How old are you? undecided

Trying to sift through the balderdash you have written as a post to me is a practical waste of my time. For goodness sake there is an Islamic section for you people to go celebrate your blood thirsty Mohammed and Allahu Axebar.

If you keep coming in here to foment trouble, whatever you get thereafter is your headache. I would not hit the report to moderator button due to the biased attitude of the moderator of this board. I wonder what your problem is. You sit on the Christian related board not to learn or get saved, but rather to incite for spite and acrimony against Christianity.

If you do not desist, I will give it to you the way you want it. Been a while I came on the religion board, but it does not mean your nonsense should be tolerated time and time again.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Pataki

How old are you? Undecided

Trying to sift through the balderdash you have written as a post to me is a practical waste of my time. For goodness sake there is an Islamic section for you people to go celebrate your blood thirsty Mohammed and Allahu Axebar.

If you keep coming in here to foment trouble, whatever you get thereafter is your headache. I would not hit the report to moderator button due to the biased attitude of the moderator of this board. I wonder what your problem is. You sit on the Christian related board not to learn or get saved, but rather to incite for spite and acrimony against Christianity.

If you do not desist, I will give it to you the way you want it. Been a while I came on the religion board, but it does not mean your nonsense should be tolerated time and time again.

Tosin is this all you have to say? grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Davidylan:Posted on: Today at 04:22:36 PM

Asking for a "source" even when what you quoted had this boldly printed - Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol 2, no. 5552

Is that not the height of dishonesty?

@Mazaje: Posted on: Today at 04:40:21 PM

Posted on: Today at 07:47:07 PMPosted by: mazaje

Guys, I tried. Where I found Mashkat Al Messabih  Vol. 2, No. 5552 is below by Robert Spencer of JihadWatch, in his speech at a symposium of anti-Islam. I have tried every straight out Islamic sites and called friends and associates. No one can provide any clue how Robert got his information. I will still continue to search and maybe i will come up with something in the future. But right now, it seems as if Robert Spencer was saying by this Mishkat Al-Messabih material thatafter death, and humans are raised up for Judgement day, the group ofMuslims that would otherwise taste some punishments in hellfire will be given a Jew or a Christian to be killed so that they do not go to hellfire.

If this is the case, Robert Spencer and Mishkat Al-Messabih Vol 2, No 5552 is wrong. The reason is that it goes against every condition of the day of Judgement.

No one will die twice.
No one will die after being raised up for Judgement
Among the Muslims that will enter Hell and may or may not leave it, will be Munafiqun, or hypocrites
There will be 72 groupings of muslims that will taste some punishments in hellfire.
Only one grouping, from the total 73 groupings of what islam will be will not taste hellfire.

If we use Robert Spencer from Mishkat Al-Messabih, Vol 2 No 5552, the idea will not wash at all.

Quote;
Muslim anti-Semites worldwide today refer to Jews as ?apes? and ?pigs? because of this verse and 5:60. Also, in authentic Islamic tradition there is much grounds for antagonism, such as these notorious hadiths: ?Allah?s Apostle said, ?The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say, ?O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him?? (Sahih Bukhari, vol. 4, book 56, no. 2926, and many other places). Another hadith also strikes a chilling note: ?When judgment day arrives, Allah will give every Muslim a Jew or Christian to kill so that the Muslim will not enter into hell fire? (Mishkat Al-Messabih, vol. 2, no. 5552.).

Phares: Let me redefine anti-Semitism within the Arab-Islamic context. The right concept would be anti-Judaism. For Arabs are Semites too but rarely identify as such. In Arabic it would come as Mua'di lil Yahood (anti-Jewish) instead of Mu'adi lil Samiya (anti-Semite).
It is not about pure faith (Judaism) as much as it is about the carriers of that faith (Jews). As far as texts goes, including the Qur'an, most experts would refer to two types of verses. The Meccan ones, which came when Mohammed was struggling against the Pagan establishment. The Jewish tribes were sympathetic to his struggle. The verses of that era were tolerant towards the Jews, defined as people of the Book.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Pataki:

How old are you?

And most of all take up the garment of the arrogance of the people we live in their society. But there is a better way. Unfortunately, we discard whatever good quality of mannerizm that our indigenous societies do have, and the better quality of our host countries, we discard both, forgetting that we are still under the heavens and on the earth of the Merciful.

Good example is a person who raises his offspring without ever experiencing the culture of the home country, or ever speaking the laguage to them and definitely, never give them names that identify them as from this culture.

How old am I, you ask? Old enough to know right from wrong and be firm in resolve. By the way what is it to learn? And what is it to be saved by? Pataki think about that before you invite me to some safety. I also want to let you know that you make incursions to the so called muslim board. Non-muslims do that all the time.

@~Lady~: There. Pataki has confirmed what we in islam generally belief. This is aChristian section.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2008
olabowale:

@Pataki:
And most of all take up the garment of the arrogance of the people we live in their society. But there is a better way. Unfortunately, we discard whatever good quality of mannerizm that our indigenous societies do have, and the better quality of our host countries, we discard both, forgetting that we are still under the heavens and on the earth of the Merciful.

Good example is a person who raises his offspring without ever experiencing the culture of the home country, or ever speaking the laguage to them and definitely, never give them names that identify them as from this culture.

How old am I, you ask? Old enough to know right from wrong and be firm in resolve. By the way what is it to learn? And what is it to be saved by? Pataki think about that before you invite me to some safety. I also want to let you know that you make incursions to the so called muslim board. Non-muslims do that all the time.

@~Lady~: There. Pataki has confirmed what we in islam generally belief. This is aChristian section.
And who are you preaching culture and ethics to? What is the meaning of all this nonsense you have typed?

Is there not an Islamic section for you people to carry your rant and Allahu crybar to? Does your Islamic doctrine enjoin you to incessantly come here and spit your bunkum time and time again?

Should we begin the denigration of the falsehood of Islamic tenets all over again? If you are indeed old enough as stated by you to know between right and wrong, carry your message to the Islamic section.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2008
@Pataki:

And who are you preaching culture and ethics to

If the shoe fits. It seems to me, however that you have lost whatever culture you came from, with the empty facade of Holland and the west in the general sense of it. Please go back and adopt if for the first time, the morality of your home culture. I am going to assume, because your id says Pataki, a yoruba word, that you are a Yoruba man. Go back and pick up the yorubaness of your youth.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Gamine(f): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2008
What Kind of God?

The idea that we are all part of God, and that within us is the seed of divinity, is simply not a possible meaning for Jesus’ words and actions. Such thoughts are revisionist, foreign to his teaching, foreign to his stated beliefs, and foreign to his disciples’ understanding of his teaching.

Jesus taught that he is God in the way the Jews understood God and the way the Hebrew Scriptures portrayed God, not in the way the New Age movement understands God. Neither Jesus nor his audience had been weaned on Star Wars, and so when they spoke of God, they were not speaking of cosmic forces. It’s simply bad history to redefine what Jesus meant by the concept of God.

But if Jesus wasn’t God, are we still okay by calling him a great moral teacher?
C. S. Lewis argued, “I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say.”7

In his quest for truth, Lewis knew that he could not have it both ways with the identity of Jesus. Either Jesus was who he claimed to be—God in the flesh—or his claims were false. And if they were false, Jesus could not be a great moral teacher. He would either be lying intentionally or he would be a lunatic with a God complex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why We Can’t Sanction Pastors Who Accuse Kids Of Being Witches – Former CAN Boss / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.