Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

I'm Going For My First Date Next Week - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Going For My First Date Next Week (2501 Views)

I'm Going To Marry A White Man / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? / I Think I'm Going Crazy Over A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by milikiya(m): 1:03am On Jun 25, 2006
I Am Going For A Date Next Week. Can Someone Please Help Me?!

I've been invited for a date sometime next week and im kind of like scared.ive never been on a date in my entire life,what do i wear ,what do i even say, god i hope i don't make a fool of myself.im shy and he is shy too. my date is someone whos been wacthing me from afar for a long time now and i kind of have a crush on him too, one of the best in my faculty and a year ahead of me. We behave childishly whenever we're together, i don't know but could that be love?

Anyway, the point is what do people talk about when they are on a date? I just hope and pray I wont make a fool of myself that day.seem a little funny but its not. Can someone please help out here?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by eveseh(f): 1:14am On Jun 25, 2006
just be calm and cool
and take ya time
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Scorpio(f): 4:02am On Jun 25, 2006
one question tho, how old r ya?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by BigShishi(m): 4:32am On Jun 25, 2006
she's 12 ;d ;d
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by milikiya(m): 4:46am On Jun 25, 2006
for ur information im not 12,its just that i dont have so much time for things like this,i might be a novice in this department but i handle other things with so much dexterity. anyway,if u have nothing good to say scorpio and shishi,its better not to say anything cos its not funny, let good people with sincere advice yan me tory.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by samet4real(m): 4:55am On Jun 25, 2006
hey why cant u pray to your god insted of this comment, this is westing of time go down in pray and has from help from god, this will make u to succed. i want to ask one question can a rich man have a servant and Bleep her??
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by samet4real(m): 4:58am On Jun 25, 2006
hey why cant u pray to your god insted of this comment, this is westing of time go down in pray and has from help from god, this will make u to succed. i want to ask one question can a rich man have a servant and Bleep her?? and forget about the help u are looking for nobody can help u here if u dont see any body to help u , you better go to hell
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 25, 2006
at samet4real: yes , a rich man can sex anybody?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by damygurl(f): 5:06am On Jun 25, 2006
Actually he can't. he can only have sex with peeps willing to have sex with him.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 25, 2006
what led you into your first sexual experience. tricks!
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by damygurl(f): 5:11am On Jun 25, 2006
r u saying gurlz have sex with guyz based on how much money they got?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 25, 2006
i'm saying u're a trick
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by damygurl(f): 5:13am On Jun 25, 2006
me? or all gurlz?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 25, 2006
u
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by damygurl(f): 5:15am On Jun 25, 2006
why would you say dat? i'm not a trick.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 25, 2006
ok. i think all girls are a trick
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by milikiya(m): 5:19am On Jun 25, 2006
OH OH,THE TOPIC IS TURNING INTO SOMETHING ELSE.WHY NOW?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 25, 2006
what do you need. how can we help you
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by DaHitler(m): 5:29am On Jun 25, 2006
miliki, before I can give you any advice, I need to know your age. This is not meant as an insult, but advice that might work an 18 yr old might not work so well for a 24 yr old.

Anyway, since the guy is shy, try not to let break in conversation last too long. Bring up topics about politics, economy and sports if you know any. Chances are, the guy would be so shy he would just be relieved that he doesn't have to come up with all the topics for the conversation.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2006
for xts salkes go Bleep somethin?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by milikiya(m): 5:31am On Jun 25, 2006
what and what not to say.what exactly do i need to talk about  when having dinner?  hopefully notschool  work and stuffs like that.im really on the conservative side and i dont want him to think of me as a bore,am i making sense at all?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2006
say anything that's on your mind. plz.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 25, 2006
when she answers, pause about 5 esecs before replying
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by DaHitler(m): 5:34am On Jun 25, 2006
miliki-ya:

what and what not to say.what exactly do i need to talk about when having dinner? hopefully notschool work and stuffs like that.im really on the conservative side and i don't want him to think of me as a bore,am i making sense at all?

Really, I need to know your age and the age of your date. Otherwise, it would be nearly impossible to recommend anything for you.

This would also give me a recommendation on what to wear. Also, what State are you in (if you are in Nigeria), or what country if you are outside of Nigera?
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by milikiya(m): 5:44am On Jun 25, 2006
21 or there about and i dont care what u or anyone think of me.i live in maryland u.s.a.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 25, 2006
when you don't know what to say, say "it goes away"
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by kemulala(f): 5:46am On Jun 25, 2006
Miliki, been on a date is a lot of fun actually, it´s kind of like, the time that you have with someone in order to get to know the person better, so just be your self and have fun!!!!!!!
About what to wear, well, you probably will enjoy your date better if you feel ccomfortable so avoid tight clothes or stuff like that, eventually as you keep on dating you will know what to wear.
Good luck sha,
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by DaHitler(m): 5:46am On Jun 25, 2006
Ok, assuming you are between 18-22, you should wear a long skirt and a top (since you are conservative). When having dinner, make sure you use the best eating manners you have. Don't struggle to get meat off the bone or anything like that. Make sure to do a little bit of talking while you eat so it doesn't seem like you are too into the food. If you are not a Muslim, do not finish your food. Leave about 10-20 percent of the food at the end of dinner. Smile at h is comments and laugh as his jokes. Since the guy is shy, you don't have to worry about him taking your kindness for granted.

Read up a little about the 2006 world cup but only make a few references to it. Because, you are probably not interested in sports and it would suck to spend the entire date discussing it.

You might even want to just let him choose all the topics. Since he is Nigerian (I am assuming that is what he is) he should expect to, whether he likes to or not, come up with all the topics. Lastly, be kool. Even if things tense, its all in your head.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2006
just listen. go in the company of an elder friend. don't accpt any gifts.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by DaHitler(m): 5:48am On Jun 25, 2006
adeoba:

just listen. go in the company of an elder friend. don't accpt any gifts.

Bad advice. A shy guy would be intimidated by a crowd. Its better to go on a date alone.
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 25, 2006
AN elder (female) is NOT a crowd. plzsse
Re: I'm Going For My First Date Next Week by DaHitler(m): 5:51am On Jun 25, 2006
miliki-ya:

21 or there about and i don't care what u or anyone think of me.i live in maryland u.s.a.

Thats kool. I am in Baltimore for the summer. But back to the topic. Since this is your first date, go to the movies. See the new X-Man (Its really good) or some other action movie. What you have to try and avoid is any awkward moments so romantic movies are off limits. cheesy

One thing that is really great about movies is that you can seat next to each other for about an hour and a half without actually having to talk. Once the movie is over, all anxiety that you might have had at the start of the date would be gone. Then you can then chat about the movie afterwards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Loving Someone That Doesnt Love You. / Help With Nigerian Husband And Misunderstandings: / Silence Vs Nagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.