Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread - TV/Movies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread (63072 Views)

Poll: Who's gonna win the BBA competition?

Hazel: 3% (7 votes)
Latoya: 1% (3 votes)
Lucile: 1% (3 votes)
Mimi: 2% (6 votes)
Morris: 4% (11 votes)
Muyana: 6% (14 votes)
Ricco: 16% (37 votes)
Sheila: 3% (8 votes)
Takondwa: 2% (5 votes)
Tawana: 1% (4 votes)
Thami: 1% (4 votes)
Uti: 54% (120 votes)
This poll has ended

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa Stargame; Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by twinstaiye(m): 10:17pm On Sep 29, 2008
@ AKO
Tk replace himself with Rico.

@Ayusman
Munya already signify he wants 2 leave when Lucille left, so he is also likely to go.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by A40(m): 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2008
Hmm Uti again? wassup with that dude now? That guy dey show himself too much ooh if he is able to survive this eviction he should just try and keep a low profile in that house
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Bluesteps(f): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2008
TK replaces himself with Ricco.
Thats Dude get heart sha.

This show is boring I swear and the housemates are so immature.
Thats why there is no much drama and romance.
Initially when I saw Uti, Ricco and Morris. I thot they would be mature but to my amazement they were the most immature.
TK seems to be the most mature person there.
Big Brother is not helping sef.

Anyway na their show make dem run am as they like.
MY 10kobo no go enter tht show.
na only watch i go dey watch.
lol.

Uti is very annoying, immature and has so much of foolish ego.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by kaypumpin2(m): 11:50pm On Sep 29, 2008
this will be my 2nd time makin a post on this thread so i will say hello to e'one esp,lc,salsera and tampico.Your insightful post have been very hmn hmn, well insightful(that's for loss of better words pple).

My 2 cents on Uti is that i guess he misses the essence of the BBA sometimes,andthat essence is that its a game show and that it comprises of not only him but other people.Its Ok to seek attention but to do it and not manage it well is his undoing.The tantrum he threw yday was OK'ed by many of us here cos hes Nigerian.Now i knw many of y'all are gonna ask me in what way did u endorse his puerile action,i jsut see no one has condemned his action here and that was quite a fit yday.Really that was a condemnable way of ventin those bottled emotions.

Now back to this evening's nomination,for cryin out loud y would Uti not nomimate Mimi?Why?By now everyone knws Tk will swap so why would Uti of all pple still go ahead and nominate somone u knw will still replace himslf with someone else,why not Mimi.Has he forgotten $100k is up for grab or does he just think he can this is all kid's play.

I hope he doesnt get evicted next week,but this time i jsut feel the odds are really stacked against him cos Munya and Ricco are really strong competitors
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by ponytail: 2:46am On Sep 30, 2008
uti again abi? not very surprising though perhaps it wont be a bad thing i'm sure he could go all the way to the 100k though i think his case could be like that of ebuka's, wont win the cash but would end up going further than the eventual winner. Like chinedu in BBN said 'better to leave early than to stay long and still not win the money'
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by ayusman16(m): 6:11am On Sep 30, 2008
Yeah! He should have nominated Mimi but guess his loudmouth has overridden his intelligence. Can't the dude think or he doesnt have a game plan?heh!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by thando(f): 8:06am On Sep 30, 2008
uti calls Thami a kaffir! i hope he suffocates to death in one of his nightmares.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by dominique(f): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2008
uti n ricco kept me up all nyt win their antics, cant imagine that quality of entertainment from munya (wit or without lucille) but from the sms straps, its goin 2 b close between uti and munya. . . . africa decides
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by BluMalam(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2008
kay_pumpin:

Now back to this evening's nomination,for cryin out loud y would Uti not nomimate Mimi?Why?By now everyone knws Tk will swap so why would Uti of all people still go ahead and nominate somone u knw will still replace himslf with someone else,why not Mimi.Has he forgotten $100k is up for grab or does he just think he can this is all kid's play.

I

Abi OOO! For Christ sake, are they all blind, even wit last weks moment of truth?!! angry I can't wait for dat bulge to be nominated.

A.M.M
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Dalby(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2008
Dalby:

I have always told my friends to run if they find any of these 2 features in the woman you plan to date.
[list]
[li]Having a protruding fore head[/li]
[li]Having short digits (fingers) compared to body size[/li]
[/list]

Believe me I am yet to be proven wrong lipsrsealed
For these people what they consider their greatest asset ends up being their greatest undoing.

This was what I said last year, and Mimi sure fits the description do you not think undecided undecided undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by annekix(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2008
hey guys, yes i know, sometimes it seems uti doesnt think b he talks,

and sometimes it seems that the boy don't think at all ( y d heck didnt he nominate MiMi)

but still 4 entertainments sake and as a patriotic Nigeria boy i'll still support the were by voting out munya,

because my dstv subcriptions ending soon and if uti goes i aint bothering to renew at all,

the thruth of the matter is UTI is the only thing keeping this bb3 ticking i can just imagine the profit multichoice is making on every fans vote

and the funy thing is uti's name is the most mentioned of all housemates,

the boy best start using his head because TK is certainly using his to the fullest.

so you guys enough talk, voting on the net is FRee!!! so all this talk about not spending a kobo, shilling, cedi, cent or whateva, here's an alternative, open a new web page, a new tab page, go to the bb3 website and VOTE OUT MUNYA!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by annekix(m): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2008
Do you know what i want to see happen and what would make me f**king happy

picture this>>>>>>

uti survives nomination this sunday,

uti by the grace off God almighty wins head of house title

Boring Hazel and uti get Nominated

This is the best part

Uti uses his powers to replace himself with Tk!!! cool

and when Big brother asks uti 4 his reason, uti would say " Biggie Tk's been head of house 4 2 weeks now and has had the chance to play God of BB3, using housemates like pawns on a chess board, Now i think its time to have a taste of what he's been doin to people, africA i resent u tk!"

that would bring tears of joy to my eyes cry cry grin wink

men, if only my whish would come true!!! undecided

VOTE MUNYA OUT NOW!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by JUNIT1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2008
you guys are reading those strap lines, those msgs are all coming from sa, just vote munya out, all you stingy guys, it's not that expensive, especially thru the net just vote munya out
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by dominique(f): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2008
utis chances are slim, but theres still hope. actually the uti hate smses are coming mainly from ghana. for now, gh, zw, zm and nm are definaly voting him out. angola, naija and uganda are gainst munya. ricco has only bots against him (he keeps nominating their girl ). just hope the ufc stop showing themselves, its getting annoying.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by jjuummaaii(f): 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2008
i really want UTI to stay but the truth is the guy has no game plan at all, how can u see ur enemy pointing a gun at u then u decide to give him/her tea to drink, if he really wants to win the money he wont be given those stupid reasons he gives for nomination, MIMI has a game plan she is playing her cards well and thats why her head has never been on the platter, Uti is just mouth without strategy, if he did not waste his vote for TK and gave them to MIMI now th whole of Africa would have been screaming for her head. Anyway na our homeboy and so no divided votes MUNYA OUT.
i want to watch the duo of Ricco and UTI return from the glass house on sunday, they will sure look like HEROS
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Dalby(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2008
The first time Mimi is nominated, or used to replace anyone by the head of house, she is gone and she knows it grin
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by initiator(m): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
Just imagine this show without Uti.
He annoys me sometimes but the guy draws strong emotion from viewers. I just watch the show cos of him. Jeez we need a Big Bro 9ja for more drama jare, these africans vote with sloopy sentiments. Uti doesn't play with his head but with his heart though and that could be his undoing but i just want him to remain.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Dalby(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2008
Mimi that they say plays with her head, is she any better? viewers are just waiting for her cool
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2008
jjuummaaii:

i really want UTI to stay but the truth is the guy has no game plan at all, how can u see ur enemy pointing a gun at u then u decide to give him/her tea to drink, if he really wants to win the money he wont be given those stupid reasons he gives for nomination, MIMI has a game plan she is playing her cards well and thats why her head has never been on the platter, Uti is just mouth without strategy, if he did not waste his vote for TK and gave them to MIMI now th whole of Africa would have been screaming for her head. Anyway na our homeboy and so no divided votes MUNYA OUT.
i want to watch the duo of Ricco and UTI return from the glass house on sunday, they will sure look like HEROS
the guy no get game
no get game plan
na small pikin dey do am

infact the only plus on his side is that he knows how to get on MImI's nerves
even there sef when he get opportunity to shoot bullet he go carry water pistol
Hisssssssssssssssssssss

I'm a patriot but even i dont want munya to leave

whilst Tk is playing this game like someone who needs the cash

errrm to more disturbing gist
before i choke
dis gist of three is a crowd wiv sheila swinging both ways get as e be lipsrsealed
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by RSA(m): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2008
From RSA
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
by Lerato Sengadi

Some of my favourite moments from the past week:

The week began with nominations…, hooooooooooray! That meant that 1 more lamb was going to the slaughter! And on the chopping block were Uti, Ricco and TK (with Hazel hot on their heels!). But with the tapestry clad dude being HOH he was obviously safe. He then did what left most hot blooded male viewers cringing……, He switched himself for Lucille. (Enter Paris Hilton horror movie scream here)

Then there was the “Battle of Kitchen-Gate” which saw Mimi and Uti go head to head about food rationings. I have to say that this has to be one of my favourite moments from this season. Insults were flying left and right…and of course Uti threw his trademark “GO DIE” over and over again, leaving me in stitches.

The moment I saw Lu being wooed by Ricco who used uber cheesy movie analogies to win her over and it actually working I knew that she had reached the end of the road. Only someone with a slight neurological issue would have fallen for that! Hai Sham, poor girl…lol!

Did TK cheat during the HOH task on Friday? Mmmmmm, I must say his success is somewhat questionable! He was on some Al-Qaeda, hide and go seek sh*t with his answers because he is the only housemate who’s answers I did not see…mmmmmm…,

Fast forward to weekend eviction show

As the credits for the show opening sequence began to roll I felt a cold chill creep down my spine. Was I gonna be subjected to more bad performances, poor quality audio and (God forbid) another twist! I quickly downed my Cosmopolitan hoping it’ll numb the pain that was sure to come! And the show did not disappoint.

It started with the Ghanaian ballerina’s clad in black and pink tutus. Initially I as expecting them to start pirouetting but instead they burst into song, and boy did they sing (I’m gonna leave it at that!)

Fast forward some more – PAUSE!

Uti’s sisters are so damn pretty! Uti better keep them far away from Sheila! Lol!

Super speed fast forward

As the housemates are summoned to the lounge for the names of the nominees, as well as the person who TK had switched, to be announced I quickly took another shot of Vodka, hoping it would further numb the uncontrollable boredom that was about to continue. And for the first time in almost 5 weeks I was thoroughly entertained!

The moment her name was mentioned Lucille pulled the “ugly cry” face (as Oprah loves to call it) I couldn’t help but laugh (I think the slight state of intoxication made it that much more hilarious). What I did observe though is that this girl has an unlimited amount of tears on standby that could easily go toe to toe with the Vic Falls. I wonder where she hides the on/off button. Mmmmmmmmmm……… I guess we’ll never really know! Uti however was laughing his ass off (enter Doctor Evil laugh here) which is why what transpired later was an utter shock to even me.

The near ousted are then led to the DJ/commentator booth aka glass house to await their fate. What went down next made Quentin Tarantino movies seem like a big Yawn-fest!.

Lucille’s name is called as the second evictee of this season, but she wasn’t even that fazed by it. UTI however was going berserk, like a fiend who needed a real fix…then he started going all Kung Fu Panda in the glass house kicking and pulling everything which left Miss Sensitive looking as scared as a deer in the headlights! I don’t blame her, hurricane Uti was in full effect! Lu quickly hijacked their flags and was off into the sunset….lol….leaving the 2 fairies in tears! Lol…. One of the dimmest light bulbs had left the building, for good, i hope,

And there I was thinking it was over, that the entertainment was at an end…WRONGE!

As Hurricane Uti swept through the house he once again showed that he grew up watching Bruce Lee movies by kicking the first thing in sight. WTF (Thank God Mimi was no where near him….lol…, would have made for killer TV though – sigh!)

Then the drama started all over again which is why today is the first ever BBA awards.

Drum roll

And the winners are –

• Villain of the week: TK (for his staring role in “Switch”!)
• Best stunts: Uti (as the lead in “Kung Fu King”)
• Most dramatic moment: Munya (in “Home Alone – Pt 5, Lucille is gone)
• Best make up special effects: Mimi (for her part in “The Mask”)….lol
• And the honorary Shabba Ranks “Mr Lover man” Award goes to…… Ricco (as the lead in the 2nd installment of “Another 1 Bites The Dust”)

I have not seen this many tears since a cinema full of women watching Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in Titanic.

Fast forward a hang over to Monday evening

Another Monday! 1 must go!

The housemates have been moved to the “house of mirrors”…. Yawn! Is that another twist?

Once again it’s Uti and TK….and for the first time Munya! TK had the HOH umbrella as the sh*t hit the fan, swapping himself for drag loving Casanova Ricco. In all fairness Munya must be evicted, after all he did say that he was ready to exit. I am somewhat disappointed at his actions – giving up the game over a woman who told him numerous times that they were just friends. WTF! He has to snap out of it damn quick, it Big Brother, not The Bachelor!

Lets see how this week goes, hopefully there’ll be no paramedics called to the house…I think Biggie should hide all the sharp objects, especially form certain Housemates…lol!

Later ya’ll!

Hallelujah Holla back.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lysaa(f): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2008
Morris is HOH. . This is interesting.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by biolabee(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2008
whew thats some gd news that tk is coming out next
i actually felt that uti threw his tantrum to show africa that he hates the perceived injustice on lucille oh - i- shd- have- been- the scapegoat-thing,
i think this is munya's time then tk next and then mimi since the hse is balanced sex wise
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lysaa(f): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2008
i'm afraid for Uti, the degree of hates vented on him on thread ha! maybe, just maybe those doing the voting dont even have time to blog so the result would speak otherwise. My fingers are crossed while I cont. voting out poor Munya
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Reptyle(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2008
If uti survives this week, we just might have another Richard on our hands, y'all remember him surviving 5 nominations and eventually winning BBA2 despite all the hate campaigns don't you? The odds are stacked against Uti though. He's Nigerian and the rest of Africa just don't like us. Just check out Thando's posts on this thread for instance, the lady's got a lot of anger issues. Much like the kind she is accusing Uti of.

For those of you who think Uti doesn't have a brain, or at best has a retarded one grin grin i don't think so. In my opinion, he is just this upfront kinda guy. brash and petulant atimes but nonetheless a nice guy. He has told the rest of his fellow housemates several times that with him, what you see is not always what you get. He has stressed that he acts out his moodswings most times. He doesn't hate Mimi or Thami as so many are want to believe and that is why he keeps nominating the way he does. He has consistently nominated the two people he does not like in the house: Latoya and TK.

You can see Uti's open mindedness in the way he handled the rift between him and Morris (I will save my opinion about this Idi Amin's brother till another time) recently.

Is Uti going to win BBA3? Current circumstances point to NO!!! Fact is, however, that he is playing the game as well as he can. Let's support and give him a chance. cool cool
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lawyerchap(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2008
lysaa:

Morris is HOH. . This is interesting.

@Lysaa
This presents a very teasing possibility for next week's evictions. I see TK and Mimi on the slab (if uti survives on sunday and he uses his head when nominating). but i hope with all my heart that Munya will be the one to take the walk. I just cannot bear to see uti leave the house before Mimi. She will so gloat.

Miss know all actually thought she was put up for eviction and had the gall to say she would definitely survive it. She has such an exaggerated opinion of her popularity. I can't wait for her to be nominated.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by initiator(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2008
RSA please continue to post lerato's comments wherever you get them, the chic got wit, just that the audience wasn't ready for her last year. This year Uti is bringing us that same drama and am going to upgrade my DSTV in my flat just to keep up with his antic. Once he's gone the rest of africa can "Go Die" - blind naija haters.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by annekix(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2008
You can see Uti's open mindedness in the way he handled the rift between him and Morris (I will save my opinion about this Idi Amin's brother till another time) recently.

yeah i watched the whole incident from start to finish , i was really scared for uti, people are using the fact that he broke things on sunday to label him as violent, but i support one thing uti said. its better to express ur anger immediately and let it go that bottle it up inside and snap one day and kill someone, as for morris i think he has a deep underlying dislike against uti if any of u watched the bubble incident i'm sure youl agree with me,
Uti has a huge heart he overlooked thamis drunken out burst, mimis back stabbing and morris blatant in your face sarcastic attacks and chose to retain all thier friendships and i dont think its a strategy i just think thats uti for u.

so guys, give uti some support, vote munya out, take a couple of minutes to do it online.\peace
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lysaa(f): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2008
Thanks for that thought lawyer chap. I think so too and hopes Morris uses his position wisely but most of all, don't want Uti to go home. I don't think he deserves all those hits on him, its so unfair. He is a guy who gives voice to his Thoughts and never retains anything in mind against his fellow HMs; What he tells biggie in the diary room isn't far from what he does in their presence. If he were violent, he'D have reacted to thami when he hit and climbed on him the night he declared himself a "drunk skunk." Uti is a true friend, funny, Arrogantly NaijA to tha bone, and doesn't apologize for using (and spreading) our naijA terms. I think he deserves our support. . For now, the weakling amongst the 3 nominees is Munya. Confirmed!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tommyex(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2008
Lysaa

Welldone with ur tots, It seems our big boys and grls are jus too busy for now, i have been absent and tot i had missed alot, we pray u guys get some more time 4 us cos this thread is part of the show 4 me.

I think AFRICA MAY GET TO LIKE uti AND SAVE HIM, He seems to play the game like one very innocent girl in a dangerous male world, I hope Morris puts TK or MIMI on the cross this week, and i hope Munya goes home tomorrow cos he dont add no value to that house.
But wait, before i go, whats with this beef Ghana has for us? I dont understand the punks sef, why ghana and 9ja go get beef? Ghana must go oshi! they dont know what they call brotherly love at all.

Have a nice wkend people
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by jjuummaaii(f): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2008
if Uti survives this wk then he'l be there till the end, might not win the money though but sure he'l survive any other normination because the viewers will have nothing to evict him for again. if he goes tomoro, he is going because of the tantrum he threw on sunday because thats what his  haters are seriosly holding against him. i'm seriously worried and it will be a miracle if he survives. BBA3 is the driest so far all of them are bunch of actors xcept UTI, they've all watched too many BB's and so they are just acting out scripts they've prepared for themselves, UTI  is the only one that's doing things like he is in his fathers house which is real reality but who knows that might just be his undoing, he is probably being himself too much and has therefore robbed off wrongly on the viewes. HE is still our hero sha. fingers crossed
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by hauwabd(f): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2008
Oops! Uti just got evicted from the Big Brother House, guess u guys wont be watching anymore, huh?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by twinstaiye(m): 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2008
Yeah I guess this thread will be boring now. Here again is how Africa voted. Nigeria can use this as a yardstick to know our enemies in BBA3

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Should I Return This Tv... 1.1m Wasted / Meet The Richest Bbnaija 2021 Housemates Currently / Kemen Sexually Harassed Tboss - Payporte Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.