Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (19715 Views)

Should I Return The Funds / Should I Return Salary Paid In Error After Resignation? / Should I Return To Nigeria To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2006
I am not a PESSIMIST ---

I am not saying all these are unachievable ,--- the big 'BUT'  here is that,  critically examining this wise WRITE-UP of yours, I have no problem being in your support only IF YOU TRUTHFULLY ADMIT THAT U R NOT 21 ! shikena  wink
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ Beyonce1

I am 21 and i can meet u anywhere on the British Channels to prove this to u.
Why can't u just let this issue go?  shocked
U r flattering me by saying i am too young to write wisely.
I must be doing something audacious to leave Nairalanders doubting ma age.
The fact is: I am a genius.

Now u think they are achievable, innit?
I will never dispute anything i don't really know too much about.
U learn more when u listen good.

There are money-making schemes that are legit in the UK.
Keep your ears to the ground and u will benefit more.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2006
Don't you twist this up JACKAL!    I meant you r such a wise brain-twister to write those 'tales by the moolight' of yours.
my saying they are not unachievable, is not at all totally dependent or in line with your MYTH . I just refuse to be fooled by a sweet talking 21yr old boy . period !  cool
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2006
Aiight Miss Beyonce aka The Doubting Thomasia.

Jealous Ones Still Envy.  grin

Where about do u stay? Hackney?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2006
Hackney ? well, well, well,  JACKAL, I do not need to start blowing my trumpet here 'sweetie', HUMILITY is a treasure  wink, proving you all wrong is just to let you understand that A truly successful man, not silver spoon, would have been at the bottom of the ladder at some time in life and need not condemn with unreal tales. cheesy
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2006
too young to write wisely? but we read shakespeare at 8! Thats whats killing Nigerian youths nobody encourages them to do stuff for themselves while they are young, its always wait, shut up, pay attention, drive slow, listen to your elders, end up listening and watching and nothing gets done till you are 30 and then then turn around and complain that life is too short. All we need is good advice and good stepping stones we'll do the hardwork.
no wonder we decieve ourselves with sayings like "life begins at 40"

beyonce1:

wink, proving you all wrong is just to let you understand that A truly successful man, not silver spoon, would have been at the bottom of the ladder at some time in life and need not condemn .
see what i am saying so everybody has to have a rags to riches story? right so those who took the silver spoon, took off running and upgraded those spoons to platinum are not *truly successful*?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by WesleyanA(f): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2006
How many Nigerians are ready to invest £500 on courses (+ read everytime to pass exams) to get good jobs?
They will rather visit Ralph Lauren/Prada stores to get apparels and shoes and drink the rest away at the nearest pub.
Anutha factor here is lack of proper documents to work.

lmao. buahahha
I don't know what nigerians you've been hanging out w/ but i tell you . . . lipsrsealed
You really do know how to come up w/  some weird stories  undecided because i find it hard to believe and i'm not talking about nigerians here.
How many people work cleaning jobs and will invest money to visit Ralph Lauren and Prada stores then go drink?  undecided

let's put you in their shoes now.
You have three kids + wife and whatever bills you get every month.
You tell me to quit my job and invest money to start school over again and "read everytime to pass exams"  undecided
Would YOU do that? I know it's easy for you to say yes and come up with some story/ plan of how it's going to be a breeze but if it was that easy, there'll hardly be any low income earner in the country.

Sure they can do a easy program like Nursing like most do or engeneering but. . . (there's like 80% unemployment for nurses in UK - talk about the "billions" of opportunity you mentioned)

Quit w/ the surreal scenarios and admit that life isn't the easy crawl to the top "if your smart like me"  like your falsely presenting.

Oh yeah. . You graduated college in 3 years, is that allowed? how did you do it?
did the british govt. let you fake something? lol  j/k

Don't feed your ego yet about those writting skills. .I know 14 year old rats who write 50X better than you. jus kiddin' grin actually seriously.

the skill i'll say you possess (sp?) is the businessman type. Good at convincing people (not here on Nairaland though an def. not me  tongue) or coercing them into buying a flower plant that'll grow 500 euros overnight for 100 consecutive nights as long as you continure to water it (and as long as you -Jackal - continue to make your $$). lol

did I just feed your ego a lil bit more? j/k
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 1:02am On Jul 09, 2006
@ WesleyanA,
Why don't u go on the net to find out the number of years it takes to get a  Bachelor's degree in the UK?
Get your facts right before accusing someone of twisting his facts.

I think u should come and spend some time in the UK to see how Nigerian women spend stacks of pounds on vanity.
Nigerians irrespective of their jobs like looking cream/buff at any cost to floss and flaunt.
Why are many people in debt in the UK? Its just because they lack the much needed self-control.
Nigerians(especially women) rinse their credit cards on clothes + bling-bling all in the name of looking good and when the debt comes knocking, they blame the UK system on their downfall.

Is nursing the only profession available in the UK to Nigerians?
Why can't Nigerians in diaspora involve themselves in mentally-tasking jobs like IT and Engineering to better their lives.
Why must it be nursing and cleaning for Nigerian lads in the UK?

Nigerians in diaspora will continue to complain about hardships in the UK until they take the bull by its horn and go for broke.
I don't settle for less and i always aim for the top.
The fact is i don't know how to do many things but i believe i am the best at the few things i do.
Maybe i was born to be different or born to make a difference but i know sky's the limit for any Nigerian in the UK willing to push himself to the top of the echelon.
We don't have to relocate to the US or Canada to become successful.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by WesleyanA(f): 1:16am On Jul 09, 2006
Jackal:

@ WesleyanA,
Why don't u go on the net to find out the number of years it takes to get a Bachelor's degree in the UK?
Get your facts right before accusing someone of twisting his facts.
I was joking jeez. (j/k = joking)
that's pretty fast if you ask me. over here it's four years is why i asked (it's faster in Nigeria too for some reason. . i guess we get to learn more cheesy j/k)

Is nursing the only profession available in the UK to Nigerians?
Why can't Nigerians in diaspora involve themselves in mentally-tasking jobs like IT and Engineering to better their lives.
Why must it be nursing and cleaning for Nigerian lads in the UK?
i mentioned engeenering in my post but there's a limit to what you can do (if your only going to take a course that is)
and IT isn't the only mentally-tasking job. Certain personality types do better at the job than others.
I'll say Nigerians usually have the people person personality and isn't IT sitting at a computer and fixing stuff/building stuff (i apologize for my ignorance)  lipsrsealed.
Nursing doesn't take too much stress, easier to get through and rewarding (at least doing a job your actually satisfied w/)
The higher the complexity, the higher the education required so people who do have their edu. do the professional type jobs usually.

Nigerians in diaspora will continue to complain about hardships in the Uk until they take the bull by its horn and go for broke.
I don't settle for less and i always aim for the top.
Maybe i was born to be different or born to make a difference but i believe sky's the limit for any Nigerian willing to push himself to the top of the echelon.

There you go again comparing yourself to the "Nigerians in diaspora" complaining about hardships
You should instead compare yourself to your mates who came here as toddlers. Life's easy for your kind, simple and short.
It's the parents who brought us here that have to do all the hard work and know what the hardships feel like (ask your mom and dad if they're IT managers (what's the terminology ).

You definitely shouldn't settle for less but i guess some people just have no choice. esp if you don't have papers or if your too old to restart high school and college in "diaspora" lol

oh well. I don't even know what the original post is about (HSMP visa  ). I should stop.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2006
@Everyone

Que1: What is the minimum age of entry to UK University?

Ans: 18 years.

## Mr Jackal says, he was 16. Another LIE

@Beyounce1 & Westlyan

### Be careful guys, this guy will twist the whole thing.####
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2006
Jackal:

@ Beyonce1

1) I am 21 and i can meet u anywhere on the British Channels to prove this to u.

2) Why can't u just let this issue go? shocked

1) Why cant you chose to meet me? Why Beyounce1

2) The issue will not die until you ask for forgiveness from Everybody here.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2006
@ Akolawole,
Its obvious you're a typical Ibadan man who knows nothing about University Education in the UK.
U are only a frequent visitor to the UK, u don't live here so there are some certain paths u can never know.
I have told u times without number there are ways to go about some certain things in the UK.
Everything is not BLACK and WHITE like u read on google and froogle. grin grin grin

Please prove me wrong on this again.
The more u reply me, the more i will make Nairalanders see u as a novice/semi-illiterate grin.
I am on a mission to make u question any and everything u have ever believed in.
The fear of Jackal will do your personality a lot of good on this thread wink
My advice: is u apologise and run away from this thread with your tail in between your legs. tongue

First all, the minimum age required to study in the university is 17.
In exceptional cases the university do waive this requirement for applicants who are 16 years of age on admission on an individual basis provided that their parents or guardians have given their written agreement in advance to additional safeguards and requirements as specified in Regulations.

Please visit http://www.kent.ac.uk/aps/information-recruitment-admissions/admissions/Appendix7.htm before u start misinforming Nairalanders about how the system works in the UK.

The minimum age required to study at the University of Manchester is 17.
The University also waives this minimum age requirement as long as the parents have given their written agreement in advance.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/howtoapply/generalentryrequirements/

Lastly, i don't want to meet a pessimistic being like u.
I love meeting people that are optimist who only sees the positive side of life and believe theres a light at the end of the tunnel.
Lets leave our meetings to online chats and a public forum like Nairaland.

U better apologise to Nairaland for blaspheming and quoting heresies. grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2006
Jackal:

@ Akolawole,
Its obvious you're a typical Ibadan man who knows nothing about University Education in the UK.
U are only a frequent visitor to the UK, u don't live here so there are some certain paths u don't know.
I have told u times without number there are ways to go about these things in the UK
Everything is not BLACK and WHITE like u read on google and stuffs. grin grin grin

First all, the minimum age required to study in the university is 17.
In exceptional cases the university do waive this requirement for applicants who are 16 years of age on admission on an individual basis provided that their parents or guardians have given their written agreement in advance to additional safeguards and requirements as specified in Regulations.

Please visit http://www.kent.ac.uk/aps/information-recruitment-admissions/admissions/Appendix7.htm before u start misinforming Nairalanders about how the system works in the UK.

The minimum age required to study at the Univeristy of Manchester is 17.
The University also waives this minimum age requirement as long as the parents have given their written agreement in advance.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/howtoapply/generalentryrequirements/

Lastly, i don't want to meet a pessimistic being like u.
I love meeting people that are optimist who only sees the positive side of life and believe theres a light at the end of the tunnel.
Lets leave our meetings to online chats and a public forum like Nairaland.

I am waiting for C-in-C before i reply this.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2006
Who's the C-in-C?
Go n bring the whole members of NL to argue this with me.
I know about this like the back of my hand.

Ya problem is a peculiar one.
How can u make such a blatant error without checking the facts.

How many 16-yr-old students are studying in the various Universites in UK?
They are as many as hundreds of thousands.

Do u think parents will let their wards rot away for 2 years after coming out of high school at the age of 15/16 to get into the Uni at 18?
Akola,pls read between the lines.

U have mis-informed Nairaland for so long.
Pls change ur devious ways. grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by kitaun(m): 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2006
@JACKAL,
What makes u think u are a genius,u need to stop this ur self-conceited attitude cos to me it don't matter whether u re 21 or 50,but as long as u come across as trying to impose urself as a guru on this forum,meeeen u'leave a lot of pple snorting at ur ignorance grin grin grin
really i don't care if indeed some of the stories by jackal are real but what i care about is the way and manner by which he puts himself across,we can't all be equal but have not seen more successful guys or heard about/of them without associating pride with them,why brag at ur ingenuity

IF U WANT TO SUCCEED,
STAND UP NOW TO BE SEEN
SPEAK UP NOW TO BE HEARD,
BUT SHOW UP TO BE APPRECIATED

Who do u think u are to think u will prove to us that akola is a typical ibadan man and hardly literate for that matter ,
to me i see everyone that has contributed to this thread as being highly lettered and i don't see why akola should run for u,
he makes sense,why avoid him ?
U have not really known what it takes to be a man,so i can attribute ur so many rantings and vituperations to mean u are probably acting ur 'age'
I know u will come all out after reading dis piece to abuse me or even say thrash about me but am totally unfazed,i know ur type,at least its always interesting reading some of ur 'comic' write-ups,keep it real grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2006
Jackal

Dude enough is enough bro. I know you are Loaded, I believe you have a home, but dude there is no way you are 21. At this point i am willing to bet that your were not born in 1985. I am also willing to head across the pond to verify. I am willing to bet a lot of money. So here is my wager, for every $500 i put up, you put up $250. We can meet in a neutral place (Heathrow Airport), with Nairalanders on hand to verify the transaction. I can stay only one night so we can all make sure you are who you say you are. Since Akolawole knows you well, i will like him to be there and maybe Beyounce can be there too and some of your people Hucarson and Jageene. What do you think? Requirements include you bringing the NI number you gave on this thread, Deed on your home and three forms of ID. There will be some other thing i will need to see too.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2006
Jackal:

1) Who's the C-in-C?

2) How can u make such a blatant error without checking the facts.

How many 16-yr-old students are studying in the various Universites in UK?
They are as many as hundreds of thousands.

Do u think parents will let their wards rot away for 2 years after coming out of high school at the age of 15/16 to get into the Uni at 18?

1) I dont really need anybody to support me. I e-mailed Seun regarding something and i am awaiting his response

2) Let me tell you, my family member is a victim of that 16 year old nonsense.
She came in to England with to join her |Mum who is settled ( as UK immigration called people with no restriction in their stay). She will resume to study Pharmacy this september.

## The age has nothing to do with different university, it is general 18 years. period.

## But you told us you entered at 16 why chage to 17 now? grin##

@Weslyan

Your E-mail address seems to be incorrect

@OldGlory

I am ready to meet him anyday, i will bring my Passport, other ID and everything that connect me with UK.

I am 100% sure he wont turn up.

@Everyone

He has carried campaign of calumny against my person to other threads. I am not bothered at all.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by bagoma(f): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2006
how does this so called war help the original poster, i mean the thread starter.
what are you guys on about?
so we've got liars in the house, what's so strange about that? everyone aught to know that in a forum like this, people telling lies from time to time is inevitable. after all its your word against his.

@akolawole and jackal, you guys should apologise to the house for hijacking and derailing this thread. angry
ceasefire now!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2006
@Akolawole

Yeah i think he should meet you or meet someone in London to clear the air. But l am ready to mediate and settle this argument. But you know what they say right. You have to put your money where your ************. Jackal needs to put up or shut up. Akolawole gave his number and i called from the US and his personality online is consistent with what he said over the phone and we talked for a while. On the other hand you (Jackal) are beating around the bush and being wishy washy. You have got to give Akolawole the edge in this debate right now because he backed his words with action.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2006
Bagoma

I am sure the original owner of this thread has enough information to make a decision. It has been a different topic since page two.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2006
bagoma:

how does this so called war help the original poster, i mean the thread starter.
what are you guys on about?
1) so we've got liars in the house, what's so strange about that? everyone aught to know that in a forum like this, people telling lies from time to time is inevitable. after all its your word against his.

2) you guys should apologise to the house for hijacking and derailing this thread. angry
ceasefire now!

1) I dont mind anybody's opinion but telling lies on FACTS. I beg.

2) I think i have done something similar to the author of the threadf.

Remember, you acted like OldGlory in my tussle with PIe1et last year, but Pie1ect and i have become good friend since and he is not like this man.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by WesleyanA(f): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2006
He might even be nowhere close to loaded. The empty barrel makes the loudest noice. haha
but i can believe he's 21. maybe that's why he's acting immature?

@Weslyan

Your E-mail address seems to be incorrect

It seems to be incorrect because everything's underlined so the underscore isn't visible on my profile. lol (les_etolies90 @ yahoo . com)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8)

“one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer / The Consequences Of Nigerian Civil Servants Retiring At Age 65 / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.