Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (19935 Views)

Should I Return The Funds / Should I Return Salary Paid In Error After Resignation? / Should I Return To Nigeria To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:56am On Jul 05, 2006
naijababe:

@ Jackal u contradict yourself atimes, wh[b]i don't know anywhere where u get one bill a year at the very least you will get 4 bills[/ich is[b] ob]ne per quarter[/b] ( and i don't know anyone who pas £200 per for gas or electricity), not paying TV license sounds stupid to me especially since the money is obviously peanuts to you and what about the person whose address you give to the retailers. People like you talk about how corrupt naija is and how fantastic the UK is but always looking for ways to evade making paymnets they should. U make loads of money but you won't pay council tax, yet you expect street lighting, police on the beat and your rubbish to be removed, how do you think all of that is paid for? If too many people like you are around in the UK pretty soon folks will start to worry about armed robbers, power outages, etc simply because you think it's stupid to pay. Anyone listening to you will think there are no beggars in the UK abeg enough of your glittering talk jare

Wonderful comment.

### British gas gives a bill of one year! [First class lie], Either Quarterly or monthly or you pay a lump sum Ahead of the year. Can our friend in America who believes just anything check www.house.co.uk for full details.###
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 1:24am On Jul 05, 2006
beyonce1:

@jackal ---- i wonder how old you're, and i shake my head for you sad especially when u do not even understand the effect on couples

uuuuhm, there is no point in people arguing with u, because it's so obvious that u haven't gotten to d PEAK in this country, the only advise I can render u, is to ensure that u make hay while d sun shines, as in invest maybe in landed properties e.t.c back home now, tell u what ? I 've been in your situation at a point in this country, no worries, not even a single debt, but believe me when the curse on this country that gives people limitations of not being able to move to d summit strikes sad sad
this country is not designed for people with long term wealth desire, but just sustainance, ( which I believe is more reason why Dele Momodu e.t.c ) knew when to pack and LEAVE.
whatever you do just ensure fulltime INCOME SECURITY on those ASSET of which are mostly liabilities anyway, that is giving U so much HYPERJOY,

1) If your car is on hired purchase and u miss a couple of payments it's in for recovery .

2) All your home furniture /decors / electronics all at stake

3) Your Mortgage , no matter the equity faces repossession .

etc, I have experienced a couple of the above downfalls before , I was not lazy, I had a full time job with a Mortgage but when inevitable problems struck uuuuhm, I never dreamt this sort of adversity would occur to me, and mind you it is a PHASE which everyone in life would DEFINITELY pass through, IT actually made me sit down , revalued my sense of purpose.

---Back home, all the above are OWNED OUTRIGHTLY and you need NOT worry about them for [b]'25YEARS'.
[/b]

DO NOT BE CARRIED AWAY BY ALL THESE, THEY ARE JUST TEMPORARY limited period of time cool

My Sister, Thanks so much for your comments and even for sharing your personal experience. kiss

I can assure you plenty of people will learn from this.

### Let me share this briefly regarding people we meet sometimes. Few years ago, i was in one Higher Institution in Nigeria, i have few of these Lagos guys with whom we share accommodation, they over-blown themselves in the campus, they wear italian shoes, branded shirts, carry girls, in fact they appears to be Rich. They don't bring foodstuffs etc. They only come with money. They make jest of me as a quite unexposed Ibadan boy. After we finish our courses, they visit me and i think they were suprised. Later on i made an unschedule visit to their Lagos home. Lord Jesus!, it was an hamlet: 4 rooms rented bungallow, my "Rich" friend don't even have a room to himself. All that "APPEARS" to gilters, ARE not gold

@Funloving

No personal attack, just state your views.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2006
@ Beyonce1,
Don't shake your head for me and worry not about me.
I can take care of maself so i don't worry about any stupid curse in the UK.

There are ways to avoid everything u have highlighted and best believe it-self control is very important.
A lot of Nigerians in the UK don't have self-control and thatz why they run into one debt or the other.
The only debt i have hanging on ma neck is my mortgage.

For instance, i think its stupid to take any car on finance. Cars don't appreciate so why invest so much on a liability. Tons of Nigerians take finances on cars as low as £5000 only for them to pay about £9000 at the end of the day.
I always do my math well and i always buy ma stuffs outrightly.
Most Nigerians(especially women) go on crazy shopping spree at lakeside/bluewater on credit cards forgetting these bills will come back to haunt 'em.

All the points u highlighted are true but it depends on the individual.
Every item in ma house was paid for outrightly so where can i go wrong?
Abeg, debt depends on the individual. It ain't a global phenomenom.
It will surprise many people i don't even have any credit card at all.
I have not taken any loan from any bank so i don't really see maself running to 'em kind of troubles.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2006
@ Akolawole,

I have your phone number now so i will call u.

I called British Gas cos it sounds strange and they told me i am on paperless billing which is why i have not been seeing ma bills.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by hucarson(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2006
@ beyonce1,

Greed is the major factor that gets people into debts in the UK as jackal stated.
I know a lot of my friends in the University that have taken loans worth more than £20000 to buy senseless stuffs all in the name of flossing and flaunting.
These repayments will always come back to haunt these lads later in the future and they will blame it on the system.

Its not possible for anyone to bill u on the things u have not spent so i don't understand why anyone should blame his/her indebtedness on the UK system.
Lets call a spade what it is. Nigerians in diaspora can be greedy when it comes to material things and they abuse the privileges given to em on sheer vanity.
People should learn to cut their clothes according to their size.
I believe UK is not as bad as people make it out to be.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2006
W O R D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2006
hucarson:

@ beyonce1,

Greed is the major factor that gets people into debts in the UK as jackal stated.
I know a lot of my friends in the University that have taken loans worth more than £20000 to buy senseless stuffs all in the name of flossing and flaunting.
These repayments will always come back to haunt these lads later in the future and they will blame it on the system.

Its not possible for anyone to bill u on the things u have not spent so i don't understand why anyone should blame his/her indebtedness on the UK system.
Lets call a spade what it is. Nigerians in diaspora can be greedy when it comes to material things and they abuse the privileges given to em on sheer vanity.
People should learn to cut their clothes according to their size.
I believe UK is not as bad as people make it out to be.

and

Jackal:

W O R D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by mukina2: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2006
@Akola there's a sayin send to partner keep to rank. so just rest ur case pls grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by jagenne(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2006
@ Jackal,
You are one helluva guy.
I saw all ur comments since the start of this thread and i was LMAO.

Akola will have nightmares of u running at him for years with this thread.
I give props to u although Akola was a difficult nut to crack but u broke him.

The author of this thread will be mad at u guys cos u all deviated from the original topic.
I will see u on the sports forum.

P.S. Mukina2 joined Man Utd claiming it was because she loves u. What is that about? Another Drama?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2006
jagenne:

@ Jackal,
You are one helluva guy.
I saw all your comments since the start of this thread and i was LMAO.

Akola will have nightmares of u running at him for years with this thread.
I give props to u although Akola was a difficult nut to crack but u broke him.

The author of this thread will be mad at u guys because u all deviated from the original topic.
I will see u on the sports forum.

P.S. Mukina2 joined Man Utd claiming it was because she loves u. What is that about? Another Drama?

Ok, i remember your Friend Jackal mentioning to us that you have a link with Mikel Obi.

Prove me wrong in those things:

1) Gas bill,
2) Protection masters,
3) High Earners's tax
4) TV Licence
5) Lazy Nigerians

According to my Friend Jackal, He knows nobody in London that pays TV license. Does that include you?

@ Jackal

Paperless bill!

Did you want me to explain that as against what you claim it is?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2006
Akolawole

Is your phone on? Jealousy na em dey worry you!!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2006
Jackal

I spoke to Akolawole today, and he has doubts about your age and some other issues. But he is really stuck in his idea that not many people are able to break through in the UK. But we went back and forth on many issues and i think we both made strong points. You might want to call him. He is a Typical Ibadan Man, i must warn you he is very convincing. Hold your own when you place that call.

Akolawole

It was nice talking to you anyway!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by jagenne(m): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2006
@ Akolawole,

One of ma mates happens to be Mikel Obi's pal and we hang out often because he stays some few streets away from ma hood.
Isaac Promise and Abiodun Baruwa and some unknown Nigerian players always hang out with us too.

Gas Bills.
It depends. Some people prefer paperless bills(its a fraction cheaper).
In this way your bills never come through the post but you have to check it online and u can either pay online or via the phone.
As a matter of fact, some people don't even see their bills on paper either BT or British Gas or anything whatsoever.
Paper Bills sometimes constitute nuisance as it often get lost and fraudsters target bills for identity thefts.

Protection Masters.
I don't really know much about these folks but they get paid handsomely. I know some few Nigerian men(age 30-36) that work as PMs to support their respective family. Its mouth-watering but u need about £1500 to take courses and stuffs.

High Earners Tax.
If u earn more than £33,000 per annum then your tax gets higher or so.
If u earn less than £30,000, the tax rate is 20-22% but if u earn more than £32,,500 the tax rate becomes 40%
Its very unfair but u got no choice.
Some people deliberately peg their salaries to £30,000 to maximise their take-home pay.

TV License.
Only fools pay TV License in London. My Dad stays in Yorkshire and he pays it regularly but all the people(my mates) i know in London don't pay jack.
U have some other worrying bills to think about than a nasty TV license.
T-mobile bills, Skyplus Digital bills and NTL broadband bills are more important to me than a bleeping TV license.
I must confess to u. I have never paid for it since Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves.

Lazy Nigerians.
I think it depends on the age group.
Nigerian youths in the UK within the age group of 18-30 are idle(extremely lazy).
Its always one scheme or the other. One credit card racket or the next. Applying for credit cards from various Credit Card companies using "alien names"
Cheques, Bank Drafts, Tax credits, Ordering stuffs online and selling at half-prices, and so on and so forth.
These lads don't work and they drive smart cars, wear smart apparels and they count cool dough.

The 30 years old and above feel more responsible because of wife and kids.
They r sometimes scared to stay on the streets unlike the youths who has nuthing to lose.
These set of people work 9-5 and even sometimes work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet and the chance of seeing these age group on the streets is marginally low.
Apparently, they have more bills to pay. School fees, mortgage, bills, vacation, and etc.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2006
jagenne:

@ Akolawole,

1 One of ma mates happens to be Mikel Obi's pal and we hang out often because he stays some few streets away from ma hood.
Isaac Promise and Abiodun Baruwa and some unknown Nigerian players always hang out with us too.

2 Gas Bills.
It depends. Some people prefer paperless bills(its a fraction cheaper).
In this way your bills never come through the post but you have to check it online and u can either pay online or via the phone.
As a matter of fact, some people don't even see their bills on paper either BT or British Gas or anything whatsoever.
Paper Bills sometimes constitute nuisance as it often get lost and fraudsters target bills for identity thefts.

3 High Earners Tax.
If u earn more than £33,000 per annum then your tax gets higher or so.
If u earn less than £30,000, the tax rate is 20-22% but if u earn more than £32,,500 the tax rate becomes 40%
Its very unfair but u got no choice.

Some people deliberately peg their salaries to £30,000 to maximise their take-home pay.

4 TV License.
Only fools pay TV License in London. My Dad stays in Yorkshire and he pays it regularly but all the people(my mates) i know in London don't pay jack.
U have some other worrying bills to think about than a nasty TV license.
T-mobile bills, Skyplus Digital bills and NTL broadband bills are more important to me than a bleeping TV license.
I must confess to u. I have never paid for it since Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves.

5 Lazy Nigerians.
Nigerian youths in the UK within the age group of 18-30 are idle(extremely lazy).
Its always one scheme or the other. One credit card racket or the next. Applying for credit cards from various Credit Card companies using "alien names"
Cheques, Bank Drafts, Tax credits, Ordering stuffs online and selling at half-prices, and so on and so forth.
These lads don't work and they drive smart cars, wear smart apparels and they count cool dough.

The 30 years old and above feel more responsible because of wife and kids.
They r sometimes scared to stay on the streets unlike the youths who has nuthing to lose.
These set of people work 9-5 and even sometimes work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet and the chance of seeing these age group on the streets is marginally low.
Apparently, they have more bills to pay. School fees, mortgage, bills, vacation, and etc.

Here we go:

1) I mentioned your friendship with Jackal because i know you together and you are a bit biased in your first comment.

2) While i agree with you a bit on that paperless bill. Paperless bill comes to one's E-mail but it never come once in a year as Mr Jackal says

3) Thanks for your explanation, but Mr jackal is higher Earner as he claimed and he should know that 40% percentage.Isnt it?

4) My brother, i pay but i am no fool. It is the easiest bill to pay.

5) Good comment.

@OldGlory

Thanks for your call.

Oh boy, you get lovely voice o, something like broadcasting voice. grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2006
Akolowale

Like i said it was nice talking to you. You are like a Hyena, You never back down from anything. But i think we had a good discussion, i think we have some fundamental disagreements, but i think we have to respect each others opinion. I agree that Jackal may be older than he claims he is, but i think he is making the money he says he is. As for his British Citizenship, i will take him for his word. But overall our conversation was spirited and i appreciate talking to you.

I must say you come out sounding very frank and direct.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2006
Guys

Are we done with this topic? Please we need comments!! Where is Akolawole? Where is Jackal? Where is Naijababe? Please revive this thread. Let's Go people!!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2006
@ OldGlory

I am here, it seems Jackal don pick race o grin

He's been regular in Nairaland but he deliberately ignore this thread.

I will send him back here grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2006
Akolawole

Say it ain't so! It would be a SHOCK if Jackal would run from you. I think he is busy making that Cheese!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2006
Jagenne is now the Chief Spokesman grin

He is a good lad sha.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by tutcy(f): 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2006
shocked I Cant believe you asking this question, what the h**l are you waiting for get your things and leave before it's too late. i know there is no place like home but my oh my you need to get a job and start your life and nigar isn't worth it unless you've got connection, gudluck then hope you take our advice, wink
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2006
jagenne:

Lazy Nigerians.

Why don't they work? why are they spoiling the country for everybody else no wonder the British Embassy placed a ban on Nigerian youths b/w ages 18-30. For the most part Nigerian Youths in the U.S hustle and its all legal either you are doing school runs or you are doing some other runs. I guess the U.K lets them get away with crime.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 3:02am On Jul 07, 2006
zebudaya:

Why don't they work? why are they spoiling the country for everybody else no wonder the British Embassy placed a ban on Nigerian youths b/w ages 18-30. For the most part Nigerian Youths in the U.S hustle and its all legal either you are doing school runs or you are doing some other runs. I guess the U.K lets them get away with crime.

but the ban is temporary and it has nothing to do with crime and it has been lifted since.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 9:32am On Jul 07, 2006
@ Akolawole,
U are cracking me up. grin grin grin grin grin
Why should i run away from a thread i conquered?
And even though the battle was won, i feel like i lost it.
I spent too much energy on it, honestly i'm exhausted especially with u arguing off topic every now and then.
Loads of people here have agreed with me there's so much money to be made in the UK without stress which is the subject of this thread.

Do u copy all Jagenne's response to your questions?
I am glad what he told u is just inches away from what i have told u in the past.
He knows Nigerian youths in the UK are not trojan-horses like u think.
Niggaz just laze about in their cribs conjuring magic from their various laptops and once money is made,the week is over.

It bugs me to think i have lied to u about my age and job according to my friend(Old Glory).
Why should i do that? If i can be honest enough to tell u i don't pay TV license then u should know i wouldn't lie about a non-important issue like age and job.
What difference will it make to u if i am 57 years of age or 21 years? cheesy cheesy
Stop having nasty ideas. grin

U actually made me feel weird about the TV license thingy so i made my own opinion poll.
I called all the UK contacts on ma phone book(105 names) and to ma greatest delight only 2 people are paying TV license out of the whole lot. shocked
The reason why they pay is because they relocated from London. One is in Canterbury(Kent) and the other dude is in Leicester.

@ Zebudaya,
U are absolutely spot-on.
The fact is its easy to get away with these crimes in the UK as long as one does not commit a violent crime.
The maximum penalty one get for the credit card racket is about 2-3 years and after spending half the time, the UK government releases 'em.
So much for human rights.
The 3 deadliest crimes in the UK are Kidnapping, Rape and Drugs. All others attract minimum penalties and as a first offender, its a community service sentence that these dudes get unlike Yankee where they treat all criminals(from petty shop-lifters to drug barons) like animals.
There's no death sentence in the UK and Stanley Tookie Williams would have been a free man if he was in the UK but trust Yankee, they injected the old man like a duck.
If Americans can do this to their own people imagine what they will do to a Nigerian?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2006
Jackal:

@ Akolawole,
U are cracking me up. grin grin grin grin grin
1) Why should i run away from a thread i conquered?
And even though the battle was won, i feel like i lost it.
I spent too much energy on it, honestly i'm exhausted especially with u arguing off topic every now and then.
2) Loads of people here have agreed with me there's so much money to be made in the UK without stress which is the subject of this thread.

3) Do u copy all Jagenne's response to your questions?
I am glad what he told u is just inches away from what i have told u in the past.

He knows Nigerian youths in the UK are not trojan-horses like u think.
Niggaz just laze about in their cribs conjuring magic from their various laptops and once money is made,the week is over.

4) It bugs me to think i have lied to u about my age and job according to my friend(Old Glory).
Why should i do that? If i can be honest enough to tell u i don't pay TV license then u should know i wouldn't lie about a non-important issue like age and job.
What difference will it make to u if i am 57 years of age or 21 years? cheesy cheesy
Stop having nasty ideas. grin

### I advise you to change your location to London, since you were just in US for 11 months and you are back in England.###

1) Which battle did you win? Comments full of misinformation? (i) You told us you receive bill once in a year (ii) Later you told us it is Paperless (iii) Then you were suprised that the bill came once (iiii) Your "friend" Jagenne came to eplain to fools what a paperless bill is by covering you (v) I explain what a paperless bill is, which customer receive via email monthly or quarterly NEVER ONCE A YEAR. . Though you can pay Lump sum ahead of a year. Full details at www.house.co.uk

2) Who agreed with you? Only American based OldGlory who only Visit England for few weeks this year, who stayed in Hotel AND Your "friend" Jagenne, who you have to tutoured to come and even the pressure on you.

3) It is not inches away, it was miles away. (i) You are a "High Earner", you must DEFINITELY knows how much they tax you, abi you no dey pay tax as well?

4) "It bugs you"and "What difference will it make?". Nothing to say here but its OBVIOUS.

@OldGlory

Can you comment on that "4" ?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by ijebuman(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2006
this thread is so funny i've been rolling with laughter. grin
But on a serious note and slightly offtopic

I really don't understand the need to brag on a public forum about not paying the TV licence or doing anything that is not legal

I live in London and i do pay the TV licence. Many Nigerians i know pay it as well. (you can probably get away with not paying it if you live in a block of flats but if you live in a semi or detached house, its only a matter of time. TVL now have access to credit records and the Polling register)

Generalisations about Nigerians living in the UK (eg "Nigerian youths in the UK within the age group of 18-30 are idle" or "Only fools pay TV License in London"wink
you can only make such statements if you know all Nigerians living in the UK.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2006
@Jackal

I said i will take you for your word on your British Passport and your Income. But I really doubt that you are 21. There are very few Nigerians that are 21,that can be as focused and driven like that.Our society does not work that way. Except you are talking about Daddy's money! Especially when u were born and bred in Nigeria. I think you will be at least 27yrs old, but i think you are making mad cheese. That is my hunch, and i think i am right.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2006
ijebuman:

this thread is so funny i've been rolling with laughter. grin
But on a serious note and slightly offtopic

I really don't understand the need to brag on a public forum about not paying the TV licence or doing anything that is not legal

1) I live in London and i do pay the TV licence. Many Nigerians i know pay it as well. (you can probably get away with not paying it if you live in a block of flats but if you live in a semi or detached house, its only a matter of time. TVL now have access to credit records and the Polling register)

2) Generalisations about Nigerians living in the UK (eg "Nigerian youths in the UK within the age group of 18-30 are idle" or "Only fools pay TV License in London"wink
you can only make such statements if you know all Nigerians living in the UK.

Abi o.

Just watch, he will come and twist your statements again or you will see a new member with about 5 post that will come and help him out.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2006
Very Funny. grin grin grin grin grin

@ Akolawole,
I don't know what else u want from me.
First all, u went about saying i did a runner on u by avoiding u on this thread and posting on other threads.
Why should i run away from u?
UK is a land of misery and u are here devouring the fruits of the land. Isn't that ironic?

Secondly, u claim ma comments are full of mis-information but how have i mis-informed anyone.
I have been able to isolate and identify the path to success in the UK.
Smart Nigerian youths are fast taking this path.
Oracle and MCSE or whatever degree are fading fast.
Software testing seems to be the biggie these days.
Tell your friends to get on board.
Let em take software testing courses and the exams(Everything's less than £500) and challenge me if they don't get a mouth-watering job in 3 weeks.
The least anyone can make on this path is £180 a day.

Akola, you're a worthy enemy but i am glad i am victorious.
Bring up anutha topic and lets do this again.
As far as i am concerned, i am bored with this HSMP Visa thingy.
End of Story!

@Old Glory,
I am very focused and driven because i believe life is agonisingly short.
The fact is, i am just fortunate to grow up among some set of people who analysed the thin line between success and failure.
These lads schooled me to the fact that the earlier one gets some things done the better.
I can't believe u think i am 27 years. 27? What the hell?
Do i really talk older than my age or where did Akola his theory?
Maybe i should scan my Drivers license or Birth Certificate for Akola to see. grin

@ Ijebuman,
I am not bragging about the TV license's kizzack.
All i'm saying is i don't pay it because no one has been able to explain the essence of paying it.
The Governement didn't pay for my TV set or pay my monthly subscription to Sky so why the Bleep do i have to pay for TV license?
Its just sick and sordid to ma ears.
If u got problems with that please call the cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2006
@Jackal

I am with you 100% on the TV License please do not pay. But i will bet the title on my home that you are not 21yrs old. It is not that you speak older than your age, it is just what it is. Please let me believe what i believe. Common now,21yrs with a Nigerian Passport turn British Citizen making mad cheese and have all these experience under your belt. Bro you have to give me a better tale. I have lived in the west much Longer than you and i know the smell of that coffee.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2006
Jackal:

1) Why should i run away from u?
UK is a land of misery and u are here devouring the fruits of the land. Isn't that ironic?

2) Secondly, u claim ma comments are full of mis-information but how have i mis-informed anyone.
I have been able to isolate and identify the path to success in the UK.
Smart Nigerian youths are fast taking this path.
Oracle and MCSE or whatever degree are fading fast.
Software testing seems to be the biggie these days.

3) Akola, you're a worthy enemy but i am glad i am victorious.
Bring up anutha topic and lets do this again.
As far as i am concerned, i am bored with this HSMP Visa thingy.
End of Story!

4) Do i really talk older than my age or where did Akola his theory?
Maybe i should scan my Drivers license or Birth Certificate for Akola to see. grin

## Have you changed your locatio yet? Please Doooooo! ###

When you comment, Please organise what you want to comment on to make it LEGIBLE.

Dont DELIBERATELY muddle it up.

1) Honestly, it was OldGlory that beckonon us and i saw you ignoring this thread while i checked 4 times a day to eradicate MISINFORMATION grin

2) You miss-inform on Tax, Gas bill(paperless) etc. You are too big to admit even when your "friend" came to explain.

3) Victorious? Just like England national team. grin

4) No comment!, Yoruba culture teach me something on lieing, liers and the recipient of lie. In your own mind, you sabi your status.

@Ijebumann

What do you think?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ Old Glory.

Experience does not necessarily come with age.
It has to do with the environment, exposure and the kind of peopz u roll with.

I love creeping with adults. As a matter of fact, the bulk of ma pals are years older than me.
We talk and my greatest weapon is i am a very good listener.
I have the uncanny ability to comprehend and digest information faster than the fastest processor in the world.
Learn a lot from people and thats why my nickname is Jackal.

Ever heard of the novel The Day of The Jackal?
I got ma nickname from this character while in high school.
Don't doubt my age, best believe it.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2006
the Jackal is in jail has been in jail for the past 12 years probably running mad right now http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5123782.stm, if you are 21 then good I appreciate your hustle, and I appreciate the fact that you give credit to the dudes who showed you the way to go. And that you have legal papers
You are lucky not everybody has the luck to have people who told them do this do that. so when you see the less fortunate reflect on the fact say na condition make crayfish bend, and don't go around concluding they are lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

How The Nigerian Banking System Is Killing Employee Loyalty. / Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.