Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (19714 Views)

Should I Return The Funds / Should I Return Salary Paid In Error After Resignation? / Should I Return To Nigeria To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by mukina2: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2006
hmmmmmm
never laff at others cuz u never know when ur lite will stop burning
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ Zebudaya,
The Jackal i am talking about is quite different from that link.
Go and get the novel by Frederick Forsyth and u'll have a clue of who i am talking about.

I don't always believe that someone's condition can be very worse not to pick himself up.
One thing u should keep at the back of ur mind is there are people with worse conditions and they defied all odds to make something out of life.
With this thoughts on ur mind, u will breakthrough any barrier.

Failure is when someone is down and he is doing nuthing about it.
No one is perfect but the ability to stand up again after one falls is what makes us REAL MEN.
Enuff said. I gotta go.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2006
@Jackal

Well said!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by kitaun(m): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2006
i don't think jackal has been objective about some issues especially as it concerns who he feels he is and i think he really has not seen the turbulence this world could spring up or else he would refrain from some of his statements,
all the success u think he has or it seems or he makes us want to believe he has must be attreibuted to the almighty and not by comprehending or digesting information as he has said,
no one is disputing his intelligence but when it comes with some form of arrogance,it does nothing but make me feel he still has a lot to learn as all that glitters is not gold.no hard feelings here but its just how i feel
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2006
@OldGlory

Can you please E-mail me, i need to divulge some information but you must promise not to divulge it at all.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ Kitaun

1) He is intelligent

2) He is definitely older than 25 [ I put a bet of £200 on it]

3) He has the capibility of turning George Bush to Tony Blair.

For God sake, why is he running from meeting me?
ok, meet me at the stadium, where Super eagles will be meeting Ghana.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by kitaun(m): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2006
WORD
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2006
@Jackal---- u ain't seen no[b]f[/b]ing, u are OBVIOUSLY still INEXPERIENCED, if u are truly 21years and claim u possess all these and then just judge others ------ especially when it is so OBVIOUS that you did not start the journey of this life solely , or acquire progress all by yourself. just stop bragging, I just do not believe a BOY of your age can afford a mortgage without having your folks pay the deposits or probably even pay the mortgage repayments on your behalf , TWENTY-ONE YRS!  embarassed    

Alternatively, maybe you bought a cheap excouncil property, and -- even with that, u must have taken a student loan,or probably GOT INVOLVED in some dodgy RUNS as well to raise cash to process the mortgage. undecided

Anyone who ACTUALLY worked sooooo hard to acquire success will be more than HUMBLE !

Can everyone on this thread just be realistic ? I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HIS BRAGS, END OF! lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2006
Akolawole

You are beating a dead horse, anyone with half a brain knows that Jackal is older than 26. I said i will bet the Title on my home. You do not need to convince anyone. Email? I do not do much of emailing, i guess i will try and send you one soon. But anyway like i said, i think he makes great money, but he is definitely not 21yrs of age. Except he is talking about daddy's money. He did not buy a crib in NW London at 21 on his own merit. Except he won the London Lottery or his family is loaded.

Jackal

I spoke to Akola on the phone, he is not so bad afterall. You might want to call him. He will ask you a bunch of questions, but that is about it. Or better still meet him at the stadium and put all this to rest.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:34am On Jul 08, 2006
beyonce1:

@Jackal---- u ain't seen no[b]f[/b]ing, u are OBVIOUSLY still INEXPERIENCED, if u are truly 21years and claim u possess all these and then just judge others ------ especially when it is so OBVIOUS that you did not start the journey of this life solely , or acquire progress all by yourself. just stop bragging, I just do not believe a BOY of your age can afford a mortgage without having your folks pay the deposits or probably even pay the mortgage repayments on your behalf , TWENTY-ONE YRS! embarassed

Alternatively, maybe you bought a cheap excouncil property, and -- even with that, u must have taken a student loan,or probably GOT INVOLVED in some dodgy RUNS as well to raise cash to process the mortgage. undecided

Anyone who ACTUALLY worked sooooo hard to acquire success will be more than HUMBLE !

Can everyone on this thread just be realistic ? I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HIS BRAGS, END OF! lipsrsealed

You are too hard on my friend Jackal.

Old Glory:

1) anyone with half a brain knows that Jackal is older than 26. [/i]I said i will bet the Title on my home. You do not need to convince anyone. Email? I do not do much of emailing, i guess i will try and send you one soon. But anyway like i said, i think he makes great money, but he is definitely not 21yrs of age. Except he is talking about daddy's money. [i]He did not buy a crib in NW London at 21 on his own merit. Except he won the London Lottery or his family is loaded.

I chatted with him on Yahoo today. He is still bragging of winning this thread.

He is lucky that this thread is in Career, which is a strange section. had it been its is on home page for 2 weeks, London Nairalander would have smoke him alive.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by hucarson(m): 2:43am On Jul 08, 2006
@ Akola,
Let me shed some light on this dragging issue.
This might sound bizzare to u but its the fact.

I know Jackal very well and i am sure he's got a house around the NW area of London because i have been there before and he is just 21+ years.
What i don't understand here is why a lot of people are casting doubts on their mind concerning this issue.

Nowadays, lenders go as far as giving u 95%-110% to secure properties and u pay back monthly repayments for 25-30 years.
It means Mortgage lenders actually lend u £330,000 for a house that costs £300,000(I'm sure Akola will doubt this).
2 Bedroom Houses around NW area is about £300,000 and the monthly repayments can work out to about £1200 -£1800 a month depending on the credit history and a host of other factors involved.

Jackal is a systems engineer working on contracts. His daily wages work to about £300 every day.
It means in 5-6 working days, his monthly repayment is secured and he's still got 17 working days of steady income to pick in the same month.
Can anyone tell me why Jackal or any dude working as an IT experts won't be able to cope with this repayments?
Let the truth be told without beefing. Nigerian IT lads are making cool money like krazie all over the UK with ease.

Mortgages now work in a way where u don't even have to pay any initial deposit.
Lenders take care of the deposit and with a little to spare for your running around as long as u can cope with the terms and conditions of the repayments.
UK is a lot easier than most people on Nairaland think.

I don't know what part of London u guys stay but Nigerians in the IT chain are making the cheese.
Its like taking candies from toddlers.
Visit nightclubs like Umbaba,Steambar and Establishment on Fridays and Saturdays and see these dudes flossing like Premiership players.
Most of these IT dudes are barely 22 years of age and they all have more than 2 houses in various parts of the UK.
In fact, i know a 21-year-old dude that earns £600 a day working as a programme manager for Telco Telecoms.
Its not about the age guys, Its just about your flair and what u can do.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 4:49am On Jul 08, 2006
Hucarson

Nice story Bro! I also hope you will also believe my name is George Bush. And my brother in Law is the Secretary of Defense with last name Rumsfeld. I know you know how to write but dude can talk for himself. Again nice story though.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2006
If jackal finished high school in Nigeria at 16 went over to england at 16/17 went to school and studies *systems engineering*for 3 years he would be 19/20 tops when he graduates or in his final year. why can't he make that much money ?

From what he said he does not need a degree to do what he is doing certificate courses were all he needed, also he hasn't said anything about graduating college he might have left? even if he graduated isn't it possible to finish at 20?

I'm not saying Jackal is saying the truth all i am saying is that you don't have to be 25/26 to be wise.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2006
@HUCARSON----    shocked

WHAT R U THINKING ? I refused to be fooled by people like u ! jackal claims to be a full time student, how on earth can he afford to prove to a mortgage lender, that he can afford a repayment of 300,000GBP not naira o ! come off it ! u can bloody say this to gullible Nigerians who know nothing about how the system works here --hey!  a 21 years old full time student regardless of whatever job he does, will sweat his coats out to be granted a mortgage loan of 100,000GBP, talk less of 300,000GBP ! easy man! I am sure JACKAL would be laughing his head off to have totally have you rapped around his little finger  cry poor you !

and--- u mentioned 95%-110% mortgage ooops  shocked O.K ASSUMING he completed his education at the age of 20 which was last year oooo, how on earth could he immediately raise all the amount needed to finance such commitment ? with all fees involved ,besides he still claims to be a full time student . if you had said the mortgage worth about 100,000GBP, it would have been a 'little bit' considerable backed up with REALISTIC FACTS, besides as a first time buyer, he would have a lot to prove to  the lender, simply because, first time buyers averagely, always start off with borrowing up to 150,000GBP, and then after 2 years move on to a higher amount . moreso if he is a contractor, not even fully self employed business based, lenders refer to such as insecure/unfixed income.

Dear Mr Hucarson, I honestly think you need more education on all these before coming out to defend people, I am in this field and I refuse to be fooled  sad. this is not NIGERIA---- ENGLAND is a land of policies and procedures, ofcourse you can bend the rules sometimes, but not totally break it !  cool
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2006
zebudaya:

If jackal finished high school in Nigeria at 16 went over to england at 16/17 went to school and studies *systems engineering*for 3 years he would be 19/20 tops when he graduates or in his final year. why can't he make that much money ?

From what he said he does not need a degree to do what he is doing certificate courses were all he needed, also he hasn't said anything about graduating college he might have left? even if he graduated isn't it possible to finish at 20?

I'm not saying Jackal is saying the truth all i am saying is that you don't have to be 25/26 to be wise.

Have you live in England before?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2006
beyonce1:

@HUCARSON---- shocked

WHAT R U THINKING ? I refused to be fooled by people like u ! jackal claims to be a full time student, how on earth can he afford to prove to a mortgage lender, that he can afford a repayment of 300,000GBP not naira o ! come off it ! u can bloody say this to gullible Nigerians who know nothing about how the system works here --hey! a 21 years old full time student regardless of whatever job he does, will sweat his coats out to be granted a mortgage loan of 100,000GBP, talk less of 300,000GBP ! easy man! I am sure JACKAL would be laughing his head off to have totally have you rapped around his little finger cry poor you !

and--- u mentioned 95%-110% mortgage ooops shocked O.K ASSUMING he completed his education at the age of 20 which was last year oooo, how on earth could he immediately raise all the amount needed to finance such commitment ? with all fees involved ,besides he still claims to be a full time student . if you had said the mortgage worth about 100,000GBP, it would have been a 'little bit' considerable backed up with REALISTIC FACTS, besides as a first time buyer, he would have a lot to prove to the lender, simply because, first time buyers averagely, always start off with borrowing up to 150,000GBP, and then after 2 years move on to a higher amount . moreso if he is a contractor, not even fully self employed business based, lenders refer to such as insecure/unfixed income.

Dear Mr Hucarson, I honestly think you need more education on all these before coming out to defend people, I am in this field and I refuse to be fooled sad. this is not NIGERIA---- ENGLAND is a land of policies and procedures, ofcourse you can bend the rules sometimes, but not totally break it ! cool

@ Beyounce Dear

You can never be fooled by him, only members that have not lived in UK can be fooled.

The purpose of forum had been completely defeated by this guy.

I have sent you an email.

I told my friend Jackal yesterday that "if he give me his D.O.B and true name, i will tell him his full immigration history to UK within20 days"

I can be fooled on activities of many countries except UK and Nigeria.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2006
Akolawole I don't live in the U.K, but i see 21 year old Nigerian girls who are C.P.A's and make good money. I also see young engineers who work for U.P.S, First energy, GE etc I know you are going to talk about job experience they interned every summer for the past 2 years, and also worked with the companies 20 hours a week during the school year. Thats my whole point, I'm not arguing about jackal's house/mortgage I am arguing for the fact that it is possible to make good money at 21 if one makes the right choices and has the right stepping stones.

Instead of paying rent lets say they decide to get a mortgage and pay like 1000 dollars a month, are you going to accuse them of stealing? or of being older?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2006
zebudaya:

Akolawole I don't live in the U.K, but i see 21 year old Nigerian girls who are C.P.A's and make good money. I also see young engineers who work for U.P.S, First energy, GE etc I know you are going to talk about job experience they interned every summer for the past 2 years, and also worked with the companies 20 hours a week during the school year. Thats my whole point, I'm not arguing about jackal's house/mortgage I am arguing for the fact that it is possible to make good money at 21 if one makes the right choices and has the right stepping stones.

Instead of paying rent lets say they decide to get a mortgage and pay like 1000 dollars a month, are you going to accuse them of stealing? or of being older?

------ Another Victim !

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2006
beyonce1:

------ Another Victim !

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Please prove me wrong! I'll be patiently waiting,
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2006
I am so sorry, I do not think I can say more , but I 'd suggest you go back and read all other people' posts who genuinely live in the uk, if you then still need more persuasion to face FACTS , then ?

you are so so 'NAIVE' cry cry cry cry
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2006
there's no need for insults. i read all the posts i read how old glory, akolawole, and yourself were pessimistic about the fact that one cannot be 21 and make good money, why must everyone live the hard life must everyone have a rags to riches story?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2006
shocked cry cry cry cry cry                lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ Akolawole and Beyonce1,

I cannot believe what this thread has degenerated to.
Lemme explain things clearly to y'all unbelievers and doubters.

I moved to the UK when i was just 8 years(not 16 years as Zebudaya and Akola claims) and i finished my high school education in the UK at the age of 16.
My University Education was at UMIST in Manchester and i finished my bachelors degree as an engineer at the age of 19(June 2004).
In my years at the University, i took IT courses ranging from MCSE,CCNA,CCNP,CWNA and i worked as Cisco Engineer in various companies during every long vacation in my school years.

The reason for my flair in the IT world is because i'm opportuned to know 2 or 3 people working at the top managerial level in this field.
Through the help of my uncle, i got a job at British Telecoms @ 20 as a software tester and the company shipped me off to the US to learn more skills on Wi-Fi and CWNP but i was still getting paid by BT even though i was studying in California.
It was at this time my status changed to a full-time student in the US not in the UK.

I came back to the UK with ma head high and a very fat account and i decided to get a house late last year as a full-time worker @ BT.
With the help of some people,my dreams was realised and i got a house at the NW area of London.
Fortunately, these people were able to get me a 100% mortgage lender with a mortgage term of 28 years at a fixed rate.
This same people, after i acquired the property, managed to bend the laws without breaking it by informing the council i am a student so i don't pay council-tax.
Although this privilege will only last me till September this year but i don't pay any council tax as of now.

There's nothing impossible.
Everyone doesn't have to live the rags to riches kind of life in the UK.
The most important factor in the UK is the environment u find yourself as a new comer.
I was lucky to roll with some young achievers who changed the rags-to-riches curse on Nigerians to "ashes to classics".

If any of y'all guys are interested in this kizzack u can hit me up on it instead of acting like a doubting Thomas on this issue.
Many Nigerian lads(ages 20-22) are acquiring properties by the day as long as u have a steady income to sort the monthly repayments.
UK is a land of opportunities and i am glad i am making the most out of the land.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

End of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2006
Zebudaya

In this case it simply does not add up. Please defer to those who live in the UK. I believe it on Face that it is possible for him to make mad money, but in the system called the United Kingdom not US, it is hard for an immigrant to come and take on the system and own all he says he owns and did a stint in California and is only 21. He became a British Citizen, bought a home in NW London, he makes about $140,000 a year as a systems engineer and he is only 21. Dude at this point i am willing to fly to the UK just to say hi to our new Nigerian Prince.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by WesleyanA(f): 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2006
Jackal:

@ Akolawole and Beyonce1,

I cannot believe what this thread has degenerated to.
Lemme explain things clearly to y'all unbelievers and doubters.

I moved to the UK when i was just 8 years(not 16 years as Zebudaya and Akola claims) and i finished my high school education in the UK at the age of 16.

I actually though you had a better story to tell like "i moved to UK at age 35 or 40" or something. lol
You went there at 8 and you're comparing yourself to middle agers who have wasted years of hard earned certificates only to come here to start afresh.
You still had the right to call them lazy in boldface repetedly. That's mean. I don't care if you got the best job in the world or not. You had the opportunity.
Would you call your parents lazy? because i'm sure when they brought you, they didn't become IT managers (or w/e terms you use) and i'm sure they worked their butts off.

Nigerians aren't lazy period. we're known for our hardwork and achievements even here in the USA and . . . even though i haven't been to the UK, I know for a fact that it's harder to get a job there than here.

So your statement that there are "billions" of job opportunity is kind of a MAJOR OVERSTATED EXAGERATION.

whether you want to believe it or not, most of the nigerians who work security jobs and low paying jobs are recent immigrants who find it extremely hard to get their certificates acknowledged. Don't compare yourself to them or even worse call them  (nigerians in general) lazy. That's a sin right there.  undecided

I totally agree w/ Akolawole on this thread and some of your posts where you said people get themselves in trouble/debt due to greediness. That's TRUE and it's prevalent among blacks in general. no offense.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by beyonce1(f): 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2006
you are such a JOKER boy ! try more harder  grin

If you came back to the U.K with a fat account, your financial advisors would have advised you, to wisely pay some deposits from your 'FAT ACCOUNT' cosidering the fees involved and not 100% !------- and why evade all responsibilities if your income is soooo fat ? even council tax ? so what is the difference between you and your so blamed thamesmead boys ? and 28years fixed mortgage rate for your status ooooooops !  shocked

oh ! you wish uhhhhm ? what a world of fantasy you live   cheesy cheesy , Try MORE HARDER boy ! o ti po to ! (not plenty enough)
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ Old Glory,
Sky's the limit when u have got the brains and u are not afraid to push things beyond the finish line.

Please take any course on software testing + pass the exams and lets see if i don't get u a job that pays £300 a day in the UK within 3 weeks.
The demand for testers is high in the UK and majority of our brilliant Nigerian lads are just ignoring these calls because they under-utilise themselves.
I can only isolate this reason as laziness or what else can u call it.

Don't listen to Akola and his goons. Akola only comes into the country on vacation and jets back to Nigeria so he does not really know how the system works.
Many immigrants have taken full opportunity of the IT world and are making mad cheese.
Is it possible for u to have a genuine certificate in IT and you're being denied a job?
In a worst case scenario u will get at least £200 a day working as a software tester.
If u don't believe me, copy this link to your browser and check: http://www.jobsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.pl?selection=920002732&ld=1

@ WesleyanA,
It is obvious u have not been reading my comments on this thread.
I have stayed in the US for some months and i was convinced Nigerians in the US are very hard-working.
We all know how the system works in America and the laws are very strict compared to the UK.

The lads in the UK are quite different from the ones u see in the US.
I believe the reason here is because they get away easily with their vices here.
Fraud charges don't carry more than 2-3 years jail sentences and after spending half of their terms they will be injected back to the societywithout stress.
So much on the human rights act law that seem to pamper criminals in the UK.

Furthermore, its easy to get jobs down here  just like everywhere when u have suitable cerifications and the hunger to strive for the best.
The competition is fierce out there and one needs to get certificates that are in hot demands to get mouth-watering jobs.
Majority of Nigerian youths carry obsolete certificates and when the dream job fails to materialise they labelled the white man a racist.
How do u intend to work with an Oracle certificate u have romanced for 10 years or more when new solutions are coming out everyday?
I have highlighted this factor weeks ago and i have seen many applicants turned down in my office because our kinsmen are not just doing the right thing to better their chances.

@ beyonce1,
I don't have to tell my financial advisors i have a FAT account.
All i needed was to prove i have a job that can sort out my monthly repayments.
The paper work was approved and i got a house.

U don't have to believe me, do u?
If it sounds like a lie to u or illegal then u can inform the cops or the IRS.
As per the council tax and other stuffs, its just a stroke of genius mixed with intelligence.
Its a ploy to maximise your profits/savings in the UK.

Whatz wrong with avoiding unnecessary bills to maximise savings?
Who says i cannot keep my ears close to the streets while doing a legit job?
Who says i must necessarily buy electronics from currys and dixons when i can get it at half-prices from hackers?
Be wise miss beyonce1.
There's nuthing wrong in maximising savings/profits when u can.

It can be compared to a very brilliant student looking for expos to pass JAMB/UME in lagos.
If the expos gel, you're bound to get more marks.
If the expos don't gel, your brilliance will see u through with ease.
Do u copy? grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2006
Jackal:

1) I moved to the UK when i was just 8 years(not 16 years as Zebudaya and Akola claims) [/b]and i finished my high school education in the UK at the age of 16.

2) [b]My University Education was at UMIST in Manchester and i finished my bachelors degree as an engineer at the age of 19(June 2004).

3) It was at this time my status changed to a full-time student in the US not in the UK.

4) I came back to the UK with ma head high and a very fat account and i decided to get a house late last year as a full-time worker @ BT.

5) With the help of some people,my dreams was realised and i got a house at the NW area of London.
Fortunately, these people were able to get me a 100% mortgage lender with a mortgage term of 28 years at a fixed rate.

6) after i acquired the property, managed to bend the laws without breaking it by informing the council i am a student so i don't pay council-tax.
Although this privilege will only last me till September this year but i don't pay any council tax as of now.

7) Many Nigerian lads(ages 20-22) are acquiring properties by the day [/b]as long as u have a steady income to sort the monthly repayments.

I am tired of this guy, i am late for appointment now.

Here we go:

1) I never said you were 16 when you move to britain, i was the first person to break your lies down. Please see page 3, post #79 of this thread.

2) [b]CAN WE GET A POLICE PLEASE?
, What is the minimum age for entry into university in England? Beyounce1, please come and safe me here.

3) At what time?

4) A full time worker with BT not a Contract worker with a london Telecom Industry as earlier stated.

5) How could a "High Earner" go for 100% mortgage with such a massive interest. This is somebody that is running away from £135 TV licence

6) Oh my God!, You dont inform Council by word of mouth. There must be a letter from a [b]UK University or College [/b]stating that you are a full time student, in fact There is a minimum number of hours required.

7) Are you not the same person that says 18-30 years old Nigerians dont work in UK.

I am not coming back to Nairaland today, i am angry.

Huca will soon come now.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ Akola,
The problem with people like u is that u believe everything goes by the book.
My friend, there are ways to get around these laws. Believe it.

Will u believe it if i tell u some Mortgage lenders don't even do credit checks for some people to get a house?
I am sure u will scream blue murder about this again.

U are just a typical Ibadan man, learn the ropes ma friend. grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by zebudaya(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2006
@Jackal I never claimed you were 16 I said if [/b]jackal finished high school in Nigeria at 16 , [i][b]if [/i]is the keyword its just a hypothetical guesstimate.

The link you posted stated that The successful candidate will ideally have 5 years experience [/b]in this field and will be able to start immediately.

The only reason I believe its possible for one to make money at a young age is that if one has a [b]very good education [/b]and [b]stepping stones [/b]as i mentioned earlier eg family and connections in high places. jackal calls people lazy but he obviously has british citizenship, parents, and an uncle who could [b]hook him up
with a job at British Telecoms. I don't know how it works in the U.K but over here i know if your parents have good credit you can tag on their credit without necessarily having to build your credit from the ground up and there's nothing you can't do with good credit hence mortgage. Maybe it's cause i'm an optimist I tend to want to see the good in people.

@old glory it may be hard for an immigrant [/b]to breakthrough but its not [b]impossible.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by WesleyanA(f): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2006
Jackal:

@ WesleyanA,
It is obvious u have not been reading my comments on this thread.
I have stayed in the US for some months and i was convinced Nigerians in the US are very hard-working.
We all know how the system works in America and the laws are very strict compared to the UK.

The lads in the UK are quite different from the ones u see in the US.
I believe the reason here is because they get away easily with their vices here.
Fraud charges don't carry more than 2-3 years jail sentences and after spending half of their terms they will be injected back to the societywithout stress.
So much on the human rights act law that seem to pamper criminals in the UK.

Furthermore, its easy to get jobs down here  just like everywhere when u have suitable cerifications and the hunger to strive for the best.
The competition is fierce out there and one needs to get certificates that are in hot demands to get mouth-watering jobs.
Majority of Nigerian youths carry obsolete certificates and when the dream job fails to materialise they labelled the white man a racist.
How do u intend to work with an Oracle certificate u have romanced for 10 years or more when new solutions are coming out everyday?
I have highlighted this factor weeks ago and i have seen many applicants turned down in my office because our kinsmen are not just doing the right thing to better their chances.

So does that mean that Nigerians living in the United States would be just as lazy with scandalous "vices" if the american laws didn't make it hard for them to get away with it so they work harder?  
Nigerians are criminals pampered in the UK  
there are human right laws here too.
I'm getting the wrong message i guess.
There certainly IS racism though (even though sometimes we have to overlook and let them go),

The thing i don't get is how people who work low paying jobs get labelled lazy, unambitious w/o a second though. Do you think they actually like their job or they're not ambitious or in want of better jobs? If that's what they've got i wouldn't advice anyone to go out seeking desperate means as such that'll actually land one in jail you said was meant for the "lazy" ngeirians (the term still bothers me)  lipsrsealed
(most of these "low paying" jobs are a lot more tedious and laborious than the so called high paying jobs so hard work is kind of out of the question don't you think?)
education is what i know get's people to the top. when your cert. is unrecognized, you get nothing. So if you came here at age 8, count yourself lucky and don't compare yourself to degree holders moving here4 d first time. It's two totally different situations.

"they get turned down in your office for not doing the right thing?" what right thing should they be doing? writting out their resumes properly?  undecided i'm lost

US definitely provides more opportunities than the UK maybe that's what you mistook for hardwork?
I had a relative who lived in the Uk and came to the US when she couldn't find a job. She got a job here thouugh.

you graduated college in 3 years? do they let people do that?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ Zebudaya,
The 5yrs experience is a ploy to deter unambitious people off.
How can one have 5 years experience in software testing when the courses u took are barely 4 months old in the market.

One can still get this job. It depends on your skills and what u have dipped your hands into in the past.
The only schitzo here is the wages might be reduced slightly if your employer insists on the experience factor so ur £350 a day might just drop to £320-£330 which is still a fat pay.

@WesleyanA,
I understand the age of arrival to these countries is a very important factor but one still needs to fight for it,ain't it?
These courses are less than £500 to complete and good jobs are guaranteed no matter what colour of skin, race or sex.

Lots of people don't like their jobs but what are they doing to get out of it.
My friend, a lot of Nigerians get mis-guided and indoctrinated to believe a black man can never make it to the top in foreign lands.
I do write CVs for people and psyche them before job interviews.
Some of these lads even feel defeated even before confronting the white men that conducts the interview but u need CONFIDENCE to get jobs.
My supervisor once told me u don't really need to answer questions correctly but show the confidence that u know questions is what he wants.

Most of the low-paying jobs are tedious and laborious but are they mentally-tasking like IT jobs?
How many Nigerians are ready to invest £500 on courses (+ read everytime to pass exams) to get good jobs?
They will rather visit Ralph Lauren/Prada stores to get apparels and shoes and drink the rest away at the nearest pub.
Anutha factor here is lack of proper documents to work.

Getting turned down for not doing the right thing means the old/archaic certificates most people carry.
U have to understand the IT world is one of the most dynamic fields in the world.
New solutions come out every now and then and one has to always take exams to meet up with the IT world or else u face the music.
Nigerian lads don't know too much about this so they attach certificates of 10 years ago to their CVs which disqualifies 'em.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

“one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer / The Consequences Of Nigerian Civil Servants Retiring At Age 65 / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.