Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? (17696 Views)

Are We Nigerians Really Smart? / Anti-corruption War: What Do Nigerians Really Want? / Are Nigerians Really Patriotic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
bookface:

You are both hammering the same point, can you not read?  He was explaining how he managed to survive on a moderate budget, there was no place in the post that seem like he was boasting.

Another one jumps in the fray. What a bunch of braying Donkeys. Is cocaine legal in Nigeria?!

We are not hammering the same point! Hes telling me its impossible that Nigerians live on $2/day and hes trying to tell us how he survived on that amount. And I'm telling him, and other block-heads like yourself that: THERES A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF NIGERIANS THAT DONT EVEN GET TO SEE THAT $2/day. Are you people that foo.lish?

This post has opened my eyes to why the Government thinks you guys are monkeys and will be content with whatever crumbs they throw down from their tables at you. No wonder family and friends think I'm crazy for carrying the Nigerian cause on my head.

You know what an Aunt told me a few years ago? "Soon, you'll let them be when you realize that theyre used to the suffering. Thats all they know and if you tell them theres 'better' to life, they'll be the ones to deliver you to be hung".

Things are quite clear now.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by bookface: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
kingoflag:

We are not hammering the same point! Hes telling me its impossible that Nigerians live on $2/day and hes trying to tell us how he survived on that amount. And I'm telling him, and other block-heads like yourself that:

T

and where did he mention this?

he responded to the post below where someone mentions it's impossible for Nigerians to live on less than 2 dollars a day. He argued it's very possible for someone to live on this budget and he buttressed his point by using a real life example of his own, which part of that do you still not understand

To ÄŁĻ the 'Gboko beasts' who take whatever cr.ap Westerrners fling at them just because they have 'the internet', this topic has been brought up on this site before ǡŋ₫ this was the author's opinion: "Foreign countries ǡŋ₫ organizations like to malign Africans with facts that downgrade us both intellectually ǡŋ₫ emotionally. $2/day= 300 naira per day which is~10,000 monthly. Now let's consider cost ☺₣ living in Nigeria: Average meal-N150(N300 per day for 2 square meals) I haven't even added cost of transportation etc and the 10k is already gone. Does this mean 80% of Nigerians eat just once a day? Does this mean 80% of Nigerians don't live in houses? Does this mean only 20% of Nigerians own mobile phones? If no,how do the remaining recharge? Does this mean only 20% of Nigerians have places to live in? If no, where do the rest stay? Does that 80% figure include children ǡŋ₫ young adults? If yes, then these people have no income ǡŋ₫ shouldn't be factored in. Lagos and Kano hold approximately 20% of Nigeria's population with 30+M residents out of Nogeria's 150Mill. If I choose to include states like Ogun, Imo, Ananbra, Oyo, FCT, where the average person can afford at least two square meals, how true then is the 80% of Nigerians are poor theory? Or are the foreign bodies counting Almajiris(the only people ωħ☺ are really poor in my books)to be 80% of our population? Lastly,if I can get two square meals, housing etc ÄŁĻ for 300 naira per day. Does this make ♍€ poor? What are your thoughts? Disclaimer: I have been to the poorest of places in Nigeria, the remotest locations, as well as the richest locations in Nigeria too. Ŝ☺ I know how the really poor people live. Ǡŋ₫ trust me, even they eat two square meals
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
Arosa:

Kingoflag: it's people like you and your friends who flood my TV with adverts depicting starving African children, asking me to give "just £2 a day". I am sick of it! You are exploiting these Africans to make yourselves rich. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

My dear imbe*cilic friend, I'm pretty sure you saw the post where I talked about my dad including me in discussions with his friends. If I did ask you for $2/day, could you even afford it without the Underground Rail Stations of London becoming your permanent abode due to a lack of being able to scrap up the pittance you (probably) presently pay for rent, huh, Mommy's boy?

If you notice, I'd rather refrain from responding to you, not only because you come off as severely retar_ded but also because it is clear, from your responses, that you have no real-world responsibilities aside from playing video games and watching p.orn all day. So, just shut it and listen instead of coming here looking stu.pid like your fellow monkeys that went to a rally meant to protest fuel subsidy removal, but instead went there popping Champagne and groping on the bre*asts of fellow suffer-heads and wannabes like yourself.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Arosa(m): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^I see you got me all figured out,  grin grin grin mumu  angry
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
bookface:

he responded to the post below where someone mentions it's impossible for Nigerians to live on less than 2 dollars a day.  He argued it's very possible for someone to live on this budget and he buttressed his point by using a real life example of his own, which part of that do you still not understand

Ok, Attorney Johnny Dumbcran, since you want to put yourself up for mutilation. . . .

Can you read? Do you even have an idea what the discussion is or do you just want to type anything so that you Cyber-Cafe credit will not go to waste? Are you so dumb or just plain stu!pid?!

Now, read what I'm about to post carefully!

violent:

When i was a serving Youth Corper in Ibadan, my "allawee" was 9500 naira and the secondary school i was employed paid an additional 2000 naira on a monthly basis, a total income of 11500. 

Guess what?  I survived!!!

Eating two square meals a day was never the problem.  A carton of big sized noodles (which i will never finish in a month) sells for 1000 naira, A crate of egg goes for 150 naira (on the expensive side), A big slice of bread sells for 100 naira (i consume 2 a week, brings the budget to 800 naira a month)

That rounds up to 1950.  By the time i include buying Yams, Garri, Rice and pepper (enough for myself for a month). . .all of that will only take my budget close to 3000 naira per month.

I paid 3500 naira a month for my room (yes in Ibadan, there are room rates as low as this). . . .and 80 naira a day for my transport (40 naira to and fro)

All that still leaves me with 2600 naira a month in savings!. . .And i can still afford to recharge my phone with approximately 1500 a month.  I had two lines.  An MTN line for making midnight calls and a glo line for making free glo to glo calls.

Does that sound like the response of a man thats agreeing with me, Kobojunkie, Banku and a host of others or are you just eager to confirm to the world that you have a comprehension problem?! What part of his post dont you understand? What parts of mine is your slow, rock-filled brain having problems processing?!

THERES A HUGE AMOUNT OF NIGERIANS THAT GO WITHOUT MEALS A DAY: Meaning, IN FACT A LOT OF NIGERIANS EARN NADA! ZERO! ZILCH! FARTHING! NOTHING!!! Therefore, trying to convince us that since you earned, and survived on on a paltry, pitiable and sorry N11,500/month ($37) doesnt take away from the fact that your country's unemployment rate is upwards of 75-80% and that of that amount, less than 20% live on MORE THAN $2/day.

Is it much more understandable to you now, or do you need the facts to be surgically implanted in your head before you "get it"?
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by violent(m): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
bookface:

he responded to the post below where someone mentions it's impossible for Nigerians to live on less than 2 dollars a day.  He argued it's very possible for someone to live on this budget and he buttressed his point by using a real life example of his own, which part of that do you still not understand

Don't worry, he's a wally with a pea brain, he still won't get it.  He has a mild mental retardation, and he's clearly incapable of understanding the simplest things  grin grin grin
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by OneNaira6: 7:52pm On Jan 30, 2012
mscheww stupid question. Of course we do.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Arosa(m): 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
One_Naira:

mscheww silly question. Of course we do.

So how do you do it then. silly question or not.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by bookface: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ok, Attorney Johnny Dumbcran, since you want to put yourself up for mutilation. . . .

Can you read? Do you even have an idea what the discussion is or do you just want to type anything so that you Cyber-Cafe credit will not go to waste? Are you so dumb or just plain stu!pid?!

Now, read what I'm about to post carefully!

and that sounded like someone who was boasting to you?  Ok, i think i agree you are a slowpoke.

was he not the same person who stated this in the beginning of the page?

---> About a year and half ago, the minimum wage was 7,500, many of those earning this amounts had several mouths to feed.

--->  Several low skilled jobs in the private sectors pay in the upper bound of 8,000 naira!  2 dollars a day is 109,500 naira a year!

---->  There are millions of unemployed graduates depending on families/relatives/friends for survival.  More than half of this population cannot afford to live consistently on 2 dollars a day.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by LFJ: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2012
It is easier to solve your problem when you know you have one. When we don’t even understand the challenges that are confronting us as a country I’m beginning to doubt if solution to our problem can come soon. Is there need to argue that more than 50% of Nigerians are leaving below $1. This argument will be strange to those who think that Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano are what Nigeria is all about.
This is a very simple case, let remove sentiment;
1. What is the rate of our unemployment
2. What is our minimum wage (N18,000) $120 @ the rate of N150
3. Apart from Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano what is average of people with income above minimum wage
Until we know more about our country we may never appreciate the level of our problem. If 10% of Nigerians are doing fine, and can afford internet facility, what about the 90% who are in majority.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
violent:

Don't worry, he's a wally with a pea brain, he still won't get it.  He has a mild mental retardation, and he's clearly incapable of understanding the simplest things  grin grin grin

Ok, let me ask you straight-forward questions, because in your typical Nigerianess you now want to be decietful.

1. DOES A VAST MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS LIVE ON LESS THAN $2?

2. WHAT IS THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN NIGERIA?

3. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM WAGE IN NIGERIA?

4. ARE MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS IMPOVERISHED OR WEALTHY?

Please, these are simple answers that require Yes, No, or straight-forward answers. I, and other sane minds, do not need an epistle on "free glo to glo calls", "Gucci Eggs", "$30/plate Eba with Princess-Cut Diamonds in the Egusi" or the fact that you own two phones. Just straight forward answers!

Oponu oshi!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2012
LFJ:

It is easier to solve your problem when you know you have one. When we don’t even understand the challenges that are confronting us as a country I’m beginning to doubt if solution to our problem can come soon. Is there need to argue that more than 50% of Nigerians are leaving below $1. This argument will be strange to those who think that Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano are what Nigeria is all about.
3. Apart from Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano what is average of people with income above minimum wage
Until we know more about our country we may never appreciate the level of our problem. If 10% of Nigerians are doing fine, and can afford internet facility, what about the 90% who are in majority. 

Hhahahaahha Thank you!

I just posted the same exact questions for the dunces!

P.S: Notice the times our posts came in. God bless you my friend. Unfortunately, it seems your type are in the minority in that hell hole. Let me get back to work. I'll be back later to further decimate if they even as much as rear their ugly unthinking heads up here.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by violent(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
kingoflag:

Ok, let me ask you straight-forward questions, because in your typical Nigerianess you now want to be decietful.

1. DOES A VAST MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS LIVE ON LESS THAN $2?

2. WHAT IS THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN NIGERIA?

3. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM WAGE IN NIGERIA?

4. ARE MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS IMPOVERISHED OR WEALTHY?

Please, these are simple answers that require Yes, No, or straight-forward answers. I, and other sane minds, do not need an epistle on "free glo to glo calls", "Gucci Eggs", "$30/plate Eba with Princess-Cut Diamonds in the Egusi" or the fact that you own two phones. Just straight forward answers!

Oponu oshi!

You are too [i]r[/i]etarded to understand the depth of my answers or analysis.   grin grin grin grin.  Your IQ must be lower than the average student's bank account balance grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
violent:

You are too [i]r[/i]etarded to understand the depth of my answers or analysis.   grin grin grin grin.  Your IQ must be lower than the average student's bank account balance grin grin grin grin grin

Youre right. I'm dumb. I'm stu^pid and youre Einstein.

No need to answer my questions if pride wont let you, Oya, answer the ones below!

LFJ:

Answer o, we dey wait. Awon suffering and smiling oshi!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by violent(m): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2012
kingoflag:

Youre right. I'm dumb. I'm stu^pid and youre Einstein.

No need to answer my question if pride wont let you, Oya, answer the ones below!

Answer o, we dey wait. Awon suffering and smiling oshi!

I should answer your questions?. . Lol, I lord over you when cognition is concerned, how the hell do you suppose your pea sized brain could come any close to understanding the breadth of the things i say  grin grin grin grin

a little over ambitious don't you think?. . .asking an Eistein to explain something to a pea sized brain is attempting to fit two camels through the eye of a needle.  It won't work m[/i]oron!

If your dyslexia permits just this once, go through the first page of this thread and you'd find my answers to some of your questions there, MORO[i]N
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
violent:

I should answer your questions?. . Lol, I lord over you when cognition is concerned, how the hell do you suppose your pea sized brain could come any close to understanding the breadth of the things i say  grin grin grin grin

a little over ambitious don't you think?. . .asking an Eistein to explain something to a pea sized brain is attempting to fit two camels through the eye of a needle.  It won't work m[/i]oron!

If your dyslexia permits just this once, go through the first page of this thread and you'd find my answers to some of your questions there, MORO[i]N

Attempts at "big-English" will not save you today.

I, and the world, know you have a comprehension problem. Like I said : IGNORE MY POST AND CONCENTRATE ON THE ONE FROM LFG. Stop trying to beat around the bush, illiterate graduate. Just answer him. Olodo!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by violent(m): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
kingoflag:

Attempts at "big-English" will not save you today.

I, and the world, know you have a comprehension problem. Like I said : IGNORE MY POST AND CONCENTRATE ON THE ONE FROM LFG. Stop trying to beat around the bush, illiterate graduate. Just answer him. Olodo!

I have a comprehension problem? LooooL  grin grin grin grin grin grin

seriously, coming from you?  grin grin grin grin 

How many earlier posters have pointed out your reading disabilities? LooL, you can't be saved my friend, go slit your wrists and save the world some space!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by mrmayor(m): 9:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
This my 2 bottles of kaikai,

I just paid my Mai guard/Security man today right here in Port Harcourt, I pay him exactly the minimum wage of 18k/ $120/ not because its a living wage but it is what I can comfortable afford for now with all the responsibilities that I have.

Mr David (Security man) has a wife (petty trader) and five children all under the age of 16yrs.

Rent ( I Bedroom) 7 sharing                                                                      = 5000

Transport ( Bus) 50 per drop , 100 to and fro x 6 days = 600 x 4 weeks. = 2400

That leaves about 10,600/$70 for feeding of 7 people per month! Its just crazy. I don't know what his wife brings, so my input is based on the 18k I pay him.

I sincerly believe and know that there are people who earn less than my Mr David, they stay with friends sharing 1 room to make ends meet, many can't afford to educate their children, last year I paid Mr David's children school fees to relieve the pressure from him but many are not so lucky.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Arosa(m): 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
Thank you mrmayor, you are a star.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Shock(m): 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2012

When i was a serving Youth Corper in Ibadan, my "allawee" was 9500 naira and the secondary school i was employed paid an additional 2000 naira on a monthly basis, a total income of 11500. 

Guess what?  I survived!!! 

Eating two square meals a day was never the problem.  A carton of big sized noodles (which i will never finish in a month) sells for 1000 naira, A crate of egg goes for 150 naira (on the expensive side), A big slice of bread sells for 100 naira (i consume 2 a week, brings the budget to 800 naira a month)

That rounds up to 1950.  By the time i include buying Yams, Garri, Rice and pepper (enough for myself for a month). . .all of that will only take my budget close to 3000 naira per month.

I paid 3500 naira a month for my room (yes in Ibadan, there are room rates as low as this). . . .and 80 naira a day for my transport (40 naira to and fro)

All that still leaves me with 2600 naira a month in savings!. . .And i can still afford to recharge my phone with approximately 1500 a month.  I had two lines.  An MTN line for making midnight calls and a glo line for making free glo to glo calls

People are dumb sha.  which part of the post above implies that the writer is boasting? Even the slowest learner should know that the post implies someone who showed how he managed to survive on a very a tight budget, how come some dull people can't get that?
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by emiye(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
According to the UN report in 2009, 92.7% of Nigerians live on less than $2/day..

I believe to a great extent that at least 85% of Nigerians currently live on less than $2/day.

Most of the time, when people try to figure how possible this is, they forget that the (wo)man has DEPENDANTS.

(1)Depedants are the child(ren) not yet making income (2) Ageing mother /father with no source of income e.t.c

So using a scenario of a nuclear household in Nigeria.

(a) A working man has a working wife, with four schooling children. ( a family of SIX) , it is clear that only two of the Six are working.

The man earns 15k as a security guard and the wife earns 7k as a cleaner , they have a total income of N22k.

God helps the wife if the man is truly a responsible man, as most men with this kind of income profile are sadly irresponsible
>>>my post graduate research on poverty and livelihood, the wife now has to make do with the little or nothing he gets from the man and supplement it with what she makes(7k) to take care of the family.

At the end of the day, you will see that the bulk of the family live on less than $1/day.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
mrmayor:

This my 2 bottles of kaikai,

I just paid my Mai guard/Security man today right here in Port Harcourt, I pay him exactly the minimum wage of 18k/ $120/ not because its a living wage but it is what I can comfortable afford for now with all the responsibilities that I have.

Mr David (Security man) has a wife (petty trader) and five children all under the age of 16yrs.

Rent ( I Bedroom) 7 sharing                                                                      = 5000

Transport ( Bus) 50 per drop , 100 to and fro x 6 days = 600 x 4 weeks. = 2400

That leaves about 10,600/$70 for feeding of 7 people per month! Its just crazy. I don't know what his wife brings, so my input is based on the 18k I pay him.

I sincerly believe and know that there are people who earn less than my Mr David, they stay with friends sharing 1 room to make ends meet, many can't afford to educate their children, last year I paid Mr David's children school fees to relieve the pressure from him but many are not so lucky.

Ummm, I dont understand this your 2 bottles of Kai-kai o, bros! Im guessing sha, that youre agreeing with the premise that theres an unfathomable amount of poverty in Nigeria. Am I right?
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
emiye:

According to the UN report in 2009, 92.7% of Nigerians live on less than $2/day..

I believe to a great extent that at least 85% of Nigerians currently live on less than $2/day.

Most of the time, when people try to figure how possible this is, they forget that the (wo)man has DEPENDANTS.

(1)Depedants are the child(ren) not yet making income (2) Ageing mother /father with no source of income e.t.c

NO, see . . . . lol . . , we have actually had some come in to claim that ALL poor kids hawk and bring in about ~Naira 80 on average a day from the trade. How one goes about responding to such GOOF-BRAINED supposition, I have no clue.

Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
Shock:

People are dumb sha.  which part of the post above implies that the writer is boasting? Even the slowest learner should know that the post implies someone who showed how he managed to survive on a very a tight budget, how come some dull people can't get that?

Lmao.

You I wont even blame. After all the aristos have destroyed you pu*ssy and messed up your womb with cold hard dic*k, at least they'll text you Phone Credits and give you extra for Brazilian weave and Cyber Cafe's so why wont you have mouth to come on here and talk rubbish? Then, when youre done with your "world tour", you'll end up tagging on mumus like Arosa, Violent and the other dummies on here and insist that they marry you, abi? No be your fault.

If your skull is so dry that you dont even know, or cant comprehend, the topic at hand, wont you just do us all a favor and just watch the fight from afar instead of throwing Subs that are bound to be replied with direct, putrid, and devastatingly vicious slaps?

What a wasted Generation!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2012
emiye:

Thanks for the info.

And here I was being generous giving them "80%".

No disrespect, but as per your second sentence: WHAT YOU "BELIEVE" IS INCONSEQUENTIAL as you obviously did not carry out any survey to back up your claims, so why dont we go with the U.N Results, huh?

Very good pointer for the Ostriches on this thread that think just because they can go see Banky W perform means life is good. Just wait till the day those starving 92% decide that you and your likes must become their next meal. Na that day you go know say khaki no be leather.
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

NO, see . . . . lol . . , we have actually had some come in to claim that ALL poor kids hawk and bring in about ~Naira 80 on average a day from the trade. How one goes about responding to such GOOF-BRAINED supposition, I have no clue.

I'm just sick to my stomach right now. I swear to you!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Shock(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
kingoflag:

Lmao.

You I wont even blame. After all the aristos have destroyed you pu*ssy and messed up your womb with cold hard dic*k, at least they'll text you Phone Credits and give you extra for Brazilian weave and Cyber Cafe's so why wont you have mouth to come on here and talk rubbish? Then, when youre done with your "world tour", you'll end up tagging on mumus like Arosa, Violent and the other dummies on here and insist that they marry you, abi? No be your fault.

If your skull is so dry that you dont even know, or cant comprehend, the topic at hand, wont you just do us all a favor and just watch the fight from afar instead of throwing Subs that are bound to be replied with direct, putrid, and devastatingly vicious slaps?

What a wasted Generation!

How old are you again?

Just a quick question, and just maybe the rabid dog around here may realize how by how much he's fooled himself, what exactly do you make of @violent's post on the NYSC thing? does it actually imply someone who's being boastful or is @kingoflag really being foolish?
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by violent(m): 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^

why are you giving the dundee so much attention?
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
Shock:

How old are you again?

Just a quick question, and just maybe the rabid dog around here may realize how by how much he's fooled himself, what exactly do you make of @violent's post on the NYSC thing? does it actually imply someone who's being boastful or is @kingoflag really being foolish?

I'm old enough to comprehend that a 92% poverty rate means that youre mostly likely among the poverty stricken, but are too messed up in head to realize it.

What I made of Violent's "NYSC" post is that he's an idi*ot that cant answer a simple question correctly even if his life depended on it.

Yes, it does reveal someone that wanted to, fo.olishly, impress us with his wretched life-style instead of simply attending to the matter at hand. And, No, Kingoflag is not being foolish. . . . far from it!

Now, answer mine: do you deserve to have your brain retaining its position within the confines of  your skull instead of being forcibly removed and donated for scientific research which could advance humanity, I mean, considering your dense response to a very simple and logical question?

I'm just saying . . . . .
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 31, 2012
emiye:

So using a scenario of a nuclear household in Nigeria.

(a) A working man has a working wife, with four schooling children. ( a family of SIX) , it is clear that only two of the Six are working.

The man earns 15k as a security guard and the wife earns 7k as a cleaner , they have a total income of N22k.

God helps the wife if the man is truly a responsible man, as most men with this kind of income profile are sadly irresponsible
>>>my post graduate research on poverty and livelihood, the wife now has to make do with the little or nothing he gets from the man and supplement it with what she makes(7k) to take care of the family.

At the end of the day, you will see that the bulk of the family live on less than $1/day.

Anybody who believes that 92 percent of Nigerians live on less than 2 dollars per day is stupid.
What factual stats do they have to back up their claim in the first place?
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Jan 31, 2012
Shock:

How old are you again?

I think @Violent is simply trying to show that it is possible to live on less than a dollar a day in Nigeria. I mean he stresses there that his monthly pay was at about Naira 11,000, something that is new to many Nigerians today given that only a couple of months ago, minimum wage was still at about Naira 6500, and I knew many people who had about that as their take home pay, even through the food scarcity of 2008/2009.

It is too easy for people to come in to post non-researched claims of how it is impossible to live on less than a dollar a day in Nigeria, when in reality there are TONS, not some, but TONS of examples of people who live on, and still live on less than a dollar a day, all over Nigeria.

An example is an aunt of mine who essentially lived on money my dad sent back to each every other month. She had a store but barely brought enough in for food. I remember going to stay with her at one point and realizing how bad her situation really was. She had a bachelors but no job so she opened a store in hopes she might excel in business or something. I manned the store with her for a period of almost 3 weeks and we barely had customers all that time. She was off to the store at 6am and didn't head back until after dark . . . . after 7pm or so. All this while she had to contend with bills coming in from other places. She had my dad who had all but accepted that he had to continue helping her until things changed for her. I ended up doing most of the grocery shopping with my own money as after the first time she asked me for money, I did not want her to go through that humiliating ordeal day after day.

Fortunately, she "escaped" to the US some years ago, and is doing far far better today.  She still tells stories of how she felt like the lowest of humans while she lived from "hand to mouth" year, after year.

I know some nimrod is probably going to come in and try to psychoanalyze her case, without knowing anything of her life but what I typed. So let me just tell you beforehand that you shove your psycho-nonsense up where the sun don't shine. I don't want to read it!
Re: Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? by dayokanu(m): 1:14am On Jan 31, 2012
Kingoflag, I think you need to meet fstranger. You guys would really click

he was banned about 30 times in 2 months though

He comes up with so many weird names that we cant keep track again like arsenfc, fagamite, fagamoron, woetooam4j, killmukina etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Rivers Rerun Without Guaranteed Security, INEC Vows / Information Ministry Recalls CCT’s Media Officer After Blundering Statement / No Hope For You At The Supreme Court – Umahi Advises Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.