Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Is President Yar'adua Dead? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Yar'adua Dead? (11378 Views)

Late President Yar'adua Warned Me That The Shi'ites Are Dangerous - Sheik Gumi / President Yar'adua - 3 Years Remembrance / President Yar'adua Is Dull? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Oracle(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
He's not dead, and he will not die.
Nigerians are very good killers, they'll kill you with their mouth.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by netprofit(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
long live yaradua
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Afribiz(f): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2008
I don't think Mr President is dead.
If he dies, CNN will be the first to broadcast it as usual.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by PHGrenade: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2008
Oracle:

He's not dead, and he will not die.
Nigerians are very good killers, they'll kill you with their mouth.

If they had not left Nigerians guessing as to the true state of health of their President, would wild rumours be making the rounds? Yar'Adua is the President of Nigeria and not the Local Government Chairman of Birnin Kebbi. When will things ever be done right in this country? Our President is weighed down by ill health in a foreign land for the past 2 weeks and government officials are busy denying it. How does this portray us? Nigerians as liars! Why can't they tell us the truth and ask Nigerians to pray for the President? I don't blame them. The blame lies with Obasanjo. If they are allowed us to choose our leaders without tinkering with the votes; a nation of more than 140million people will not come up with an unhealthy man as President. We are watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am pissed!!!!!!!!!!!    It's really annoying!!!!!!!!!!!  No light; No water; no good road; no security; no good education; no health services; no future!!!!
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by MrCrackles(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2008
Why we dey take Presido joke like this now?! cheesy
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Ojebi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2008
Is this question not an indictment on this country?
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by agaba123(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2008
In as much as he is not doing well, I do not wish him dead.

Please get well soon
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by LarryO2(f): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2008
Which president?
Sometimes i dey forget say we get president for this country. No activity, no press news. The only time I dey hear about Yar'dua is only when he's sick and he's dying.

Trust Baba now, Uncle Shege, when he was there he's always on the news. Be it for good or bad, you will always hear about Uncle Shege everyday. Sometimes weeks will pass without mentioning Yar'adua's name.

He also did something in July: he reduced kerosine price to N50 per litre, the second day they started selling keosine N120 per litre and it has been like that since.

So, do we really have president in this country?
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by shokergb: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
hope our president dies painfully to join his brother in hell afterall he has enjoyed his life grin grin grin grin.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by darren20(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2008
The Fed Exec.in Nigeria have for the past 2wks denying the fact that The Pres.has been sick,this is quite shameful,even with fact,they've not deem it fit enough to clarify this,will it now be proper at least from foreigner's view point that Nigerians cannot trust trusted?
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by naijastufz: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2008
Musa Yar’Adua yesterday described reports of his rumoured death as “grossly exaggerated”.

He says the rumours of his death were "grossly exaggerated". meaning, him die small? i should think he might want to say they are outright lies!

@ carmeliliy i just tire trowey o! shocked shocked
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by MAYSAMUEL(m): 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
In yoruba land when some one is pronounced dead wen still alive means that the person is trying to waive the death sentence to another person. Are we all sure that is not what our presi is trying to do? cos this is the second time he ll be pronounced dead and we all know that this man is not strong. anyway sha me i waive am comot for my head ooooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2008
I think it is high time they tell us the truth i believe he is presently under intensive care unit in Saudi. but the FEC are just trying to keep us at suspense which is wrong may be they are afraid of coup or something but what ever it is i think we should know about the health of our dear president who is never in the news except when he is sick.

trust Uncle sege every week he is in the news and he keeps the opposition on their toes but this guy he is so dull. anyway get well soon man.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by agaba123(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2008
MAY SAMUEL:

In yoruba land when some one is pronounced dead when still alive means that the person is trying to waive the death sentence to another person. Are we all sure that is not what our presi is trying to do? because this is the second time he ll be pronounced dead and we all know that this man is not strong. [b]anyway sha me i waive am comot for my head ooooo lipsrsealed embarassed/b]X lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Orisiris
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by alakem(f): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
day means the guy still av long years to live.eyin omo nija
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by defemz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
I pray the poor guy dont die now, at least not for his sake but for  Nigerian people. The hausas are very desperate now and they are ready to do anything no matter how stupid. I laugh when i hear people think that Jonathan would become president if yaradua die, he easy?

The northerners, i mean their elite are seriously contemplating two options:

i. If Yaradua die, they will induce the Supreme court to invalidate Yaradua/Jonathan election, so as to give chance for another nothern president.

ii. If this is not possible ultimately, they prefer a military coup.

The import of the latter is best left for imagination. My word of advice to these desperate nothern leaders, let them not forget that they may end up breaking up a country they don't want divided if they fail to accept God ultimate decision. All of them may end up being instruments in the firm grip of destiny.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by cyriluzo(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nigerians,

We know how to deny ourselves sleep over nothing.  Please can we all stop this rumour spreading and face our Job. If our Presido is sick we wish him quick recovery. If he is dead(I DONT PRAY OR EVEN WISH  SO), we'll get to hear it someday sometime.

Long Leave Mr President!!!
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Anambra99: 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nigerians as liars! Why can't they tell us the truth and ask Nigerians to pray for the President? I don't blame them. The blame lies with Obasanjo. If they are allowed us to choose our leaders without tinkering with the votes;

Is it true that this place called Nigeria started out as a business ( a company) that belonged to some English men? Then the Americans came and stole some of the property of the English men (Slaves) and went and made money for themselves in their own country.

In the early days of this English men's business(the so called  Nigeria of today) any person who could steal from the English men was given a chieftancy title in his village. If the same person stole a goat or chicken or yam from inside his own village he was disgraced.

But  steal from OYIBO and you are praised. So the English theives handed over to the black native thieves that they had trained. That is why  Legislators will refuse to increase teachers salaries but increase their own salaries by 100%. Thief pass thief.

That is why up till today the stealing and cheating and lies still continue. the thieves are no longer the British and Americans. The thrives now are YOU AND ME. Yes stop blaming Obasanjo and Babangida. We are all thieves or children of thieves. or brothers and sisters of thieves, or mothers and fathers of thieves .

Why are you complaining. If you are not a thief then get out from in the midst of thieves.
We need a true DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE. WE NEED TO ALL COME TOGETHER TO DECIDE WHERE WE WANT TO GO.

Me I no sabi bible but  bible talk say two people no go fit waka togeda if dey no agree. De trouble now be say we neva agree to waka togeda. Na force na him the JAGUDA BABA OLE THEM de force us to waka with them.

If true true we agree to waka togeda den if one person steal our money we go disgrace am. Not like e be now when anybody where tief we go dey hail am. No  be Yaradua be de matter. De issue be say ARE WE WILLING TO CONTINUE LIVING THIS LIE?
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by agaba123(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Anambra_99

Go and talk to Andy Uba and his brother before coming to us
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by alabees: 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
what is spectacular about the ill-health of the noe number citizen. nigerian and internationl media should allowed us to have breath. abi who no sick
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
Could anyone tell me how to kill Yara'dua and become the president of nigeria. I cant wait for this opportunity.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by netprofit(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2008
bigmodo:

Could anyone tell me how to kill Yara'dua and become the president of nigeria. I can't wait for this opportunity.

Make i give you the best way

Go and meet osama he will tell you how to bypass all the
protocols in aso rock and blow yourself up while shaking yaradua
na him be say you don be hero instead of presido grin
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Echidime(m): 10:07am On Sep 05, 2008
Yar'adua admits to "Kidney Challenge".

Last View on Fri 5th September, 2008
Last Modified on Thu 04th September, 2008 2:30:21 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara

“President” Umaru Yar'adua, who has spent two weeks battling a serious illness, may have made a radical decision about dealing with his perennial health problems, according to our sources.

Just as speculations run riot in Abuja and the local press about Yar’adua’s medical fate, Saharareporters was told by sources in Saudi Arabia that Yar'adua has concluded plans to end his "kidney challenge" by seeking and receiving kidney transplant before returning to Nigeria. But his handlers are insisting that he return to Nigeria first, latest by Saturday, speak to the Nigerian people about his condition, and then take off abroad—most likely to Germany—to seek a more permanent solution to his kidney crisis.

In the last three days, members of Yar’adua’s kitchen cabinet had farmed out misleading leads to several Nigerian newspapers to the effect that the ailing president would return as early as Tuesday and that he would chair this week’s meeting of the federal executive council.

But news that he would not be coming back filtered into Abuja at 12 noon when his plane failed to file an arrival notice to the presidential villa as expected. A source close to him had told Saharareporters that he was arriving midweek to Nigeria for a few days as soon as final tests were concluded to determine the compatibility of persons to donate a kidney to him.

He was expected to make a brief return to Abuja, address the nation, and then leave for Germany to explore the possibility of undergoing kidney transplant.

The plan felt apart, however, when his doctors in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia scheduled further tests to determine whether to attempt renal transplant before he departs for Nigeria. If the decision is made to go ahead with the procedure, then Yar’adua’s stay abroad could be prolonged for another eight weeks, according to a source close to his medical team.

Back in Nigeria, Yar’adua’s ministers put up a show in Abuja by attending the weekly federal executive council meeting, the second since Yar'adua departed Abuja, announcing that he was off to the "lesser hajj" or Ummra in Saudi Arabia. Information Minister John Odey, accompanied by three other ministers, maintained that Yar'adua was still on the lesser hajj in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They also announced the award of contracts of various sums.

Despite the ministerial exhibition, a source in the presidency told Saharareporters that governance has finally come to a virtual stop in Abuja since Yar’adua’s unceremonious exit to the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, two weeks ago.

Among the casualties of Yar’adua’s absence are plans to declare a state of emergency in the power sector, and the planned announcement of a committee on “land reforms” to be headed by Professor Akin Mabogunje. Also in jeopardy are arrangements for the annual pilgrimage to New York City for the United Nations General Assembly.

A source close to “Vice President” Goodluck Jonathan told Saharareporters that Jonathan has been quietly chafing at the fact that he has been kept in the dark, along with the rest of Nigerians. “I can tell you that the president continues to give limited information through his wife to his aides and government officials. Vice President Jonathan has not been getting the kind of frequent briefing about the president’s status that he feels entitled to,” said the source.

Two ministers in the government told Saharareporters that most members of the cabinet were jittery about the repercussions of Yar’adua’s absence and the continued decision to lie to Nigerians that the man is on lesser hajj.

“There is palpable apprehension among some of us that President Yar'adua is showing little regard for governance and for the Nigerian people,” said one of the ministers. The two ministers told Saharareporters that they are all completely in the dark about Yar'adua's whereabouts, even though snippets of information have come in from Saudi Arabia to the effect that the man just had a slight sickness.

They said the danger is that Nigerians no longer believe anything from Yar'adua and his handlers. The ministers said some of them were putting subtle pressure to ask that Yar’adua return to Nigeria first to tell the people what is wrong with him and then depart to engage in corrective medical intervention, including the transplant option.

While Nigerians grew more worried about Yar'adua's absense member of his kitchen cabinet led by James Ibori have shifted their base to Dubai where they maintained a strong hold on Yar'adua telling him not to worry about Nigerians, a source told SaharaReporters that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may have joined the group. The group will be sending the governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki (currently in Europe) to visit Yar'adua and tell him what to do next.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Echidime(m): 10:19am On Sep 05, 2008
Treatment: Yar’Adua’s wife insists on German hospital — Agency

By Semiu Okanlawon, John Alechenu, Waheed Bakare, Adelani Adepegba and Kayode Ketefe

The refusal of the First Lady, Hajiya Turai Yar‘Adua, to allow a Saudia Arabian hospital make use of her kidney may have been responsible for the delay in the return of ailing President Umaru Yar‘Adua.

NAN
Wife of President Umaru Yar’Adua

advertisement

The indication was given by the online news agency, saharareporters, which reported on Tuesday that rather than subject herself to the use of her kidney in a crucial transplant to save her husband, the First Lady was said to have demanded that she and Yar’Adua be flown to Germany where her husband had hitherto received medical attention.

The development came just as Lagos lawyer, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, urged Nigerians to pray for quick recovery of the President.

According to the online news agency, the President was, on arrival in Saudi Arabia, said to have been implored to seek the advice of top nephrologists working in a Jeddah-based Saudi government-owned hospital.

The agency reported, ”After running a battery of tests, the team of doctors concluded that the kidney meant for the replacement was likely to suffer tissue rejection from him.

“They advised that tests be conducted on his close relatives to find alternative donors. His wife and daughter were tested, and his wife proved compatible, according to our sources. She was, however, unwilling to donate an organ in Saudi Arabia. She instead opted for it to be done in Germany. Her condition would mean that Yar’Adua would spend a prolonged period of time in Germany to recuperate.”

This, according to the news agency, informed the intervention of the President‘s brother, identified as Major Audu Yar’Adua, who was allegedly flown to Jeddah to undergo organ compatibility test.

The younger Yar‘Adua was said to have been flown to Saudi Arabia with a Gulfstream G-V aircraft to undergo the test on Monday.

A Consultant Nephrologist at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State, Dr. Charles Alebiosu, who spoke with one of our correspondents on the phone, said it was possible for a woman to donate a kidney to a man.

Alebiosu, who maintained that kidney had nothing to do with gender, however, stressed the importance of meeting all the necessary medical criteria before the donor‘s kidney could be used for the recipient.

He said, ”Why not? A woman can donate to a man. It has nothing to do with gender. In the first and only kidney transplant done at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, this year, a young lady donated her kidney to her brother.

“Once the donor is above 18 years and all medical criteria in terms of donor selection are fulfilled, there is no problem. The donor must be medically fit and the two kidneys must be working perfectly well. Both the donor and recipient will be well and alive and able to live their normal life after the transplant.”

Meanwhile, the Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has said that Nigerians deserved to know the President’s true medical condition.

It said that correct information about the president‘s health would dispel the rumours about his condition.

The President-General of the organisation, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, who said this while addressing journalists in Enugu, observed that it was normal for human beings to fall ill and be treated.

The Igbo leader discountenanced arguments that Yar‘Adua should resign because he was sick.

He said, ”Life and death is not a thing to be played with and the government and Presidency owe us the fact, so that the speculations will be less. If you don‘t fill the gap with facts, then speculations will run riot. I don‘t know other nations that seem to enjoy half-truths more than perhaps we Nigerians”

Urging Nigerians to pray for the president, Fawehinmi, who is receiving medical treatment in a London hospital for lung cancer, lamented that Yar‘Adua‘s state of health had made it impossible for him to discharge his official functions.

He added that despite the official secrecy about the state of his health, it was obvious that all was not well with him.

Fawehinmi stated, ”For close to two weeks, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Umaru Yar‘Adua, has not been governing the country, as it is now clear that he has been receiving medical treatment including surgery in Saudi Arabia for an undisclosed ailment.

”This is contrary to the official announcement that he went on lesser pilgrimage.

”The fact is Alhaji Umaru Yar‘Adua is sick and he is unable to govern the country because of his illness.

”Nevertheless, he deserves the prayers of all Nigerians because he is our president and, therefore, I appeal to all Nigerians of all religious persuasion to pray for his survival and recovery.”
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by slyk2(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2008
He has been away, is the country grounded?
We should leave this man alone and mind our different businesses.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Echidime(m): 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2008
@sly-k : You must be very stupid to say that,someone who knows that he is not fit to run a powerful and complicated nation like Nigeria, why did he accept such offer from OBJ now he is away and can't run,he want to bring more confusion to our dear nation?

I don't blame you,is people like you that spoil our nation.Since you have been minding your own businesses what have you achieved Poor soul like you.
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by MrCrackles(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
Presido don die?! shocked
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by chris4gold(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
musa will not die but live and declaire the work of god in his life
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by folem: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
bigmodo:

Could anyone tell me how to kill Yara'dua and become the president of nigeria. I can't wait for this opportunity.

Easy  grin grin grin

Go watch some Nollywood Flicks. grin grin grin

Just say his name 3 Times and no more (while holding some Charm) and the deed is done.  grin grin grin
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by Ajikawo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
kini big deal if he's dead or alive,afterall he aint Tupac so wats d fuss?hahahahaha,
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by mekk(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
chris4gold:

musa will not die but live and declaire the work of god in his life

Declaring my indeed!!! grin
Re: Is President Yar'adua Dead? by dammybee(f): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
how do you mean!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Ex-president Obasanjo At 79 / Kerry Meets Anti-corruption Activists In Abuja (pics) / Buhari: We Will Fund Budget With N512bn Recovered Loot..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.