Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

How Did God Reveal Himself to You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did God Reveal Himself to You? (3350 Views)

Does God Reveal To People Who Their Intending Spouses Are..... / Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by angelak(f): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2005
Goodguy what are you rolleyes about? Share what's on your mind?
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by goodguy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2005
I don't have anything in mind to say now.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by donnie(m): 9:34am On Sep 20, 2005
God does not have to reveal himself in a spectacular way as many claim he did. Even though he does so in the lives of some.

No vision, appparition, trance or revelation could be more revealing of who God is and what His purpose is for our lives than the Living Written Word of God.

The surest and most reliable revelation of God you can have is from HIS WRITTEN WORD!

The bible says in 2 Peter 1:19 - "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts"

The bible revelation of God we get from the Prophets, the old testament, from jesus teachings and from the new Testament are the most reliable sources of revelation.

As for me, i heard His Word ...and it was shown me from the scriptures that Jesus did all that there was to be done for my salvation, healing , deliverance and prosperity and that there was nothing left to be done than to believe in what He did for me on the cross, believe that he rose from the dead and confess him as the Lord of my life. That is what i did and i recieved Jesus into my Life and the salvation that He gives to all who call on Him. In my spirit, i became awakened to the fatherhood of God and according to the Word of God, i asked him to fill me with His precious Holy spirit which i longed for and he did without hesitation.

Now, for the Christian, it is The Holy Spirit that reveals Jesus and God the Father.

John 14:26 -"These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

John 16:13 -"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you".
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by sheif: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2005
Thank you angela k and layi. I think the purpose of this thread was to discuss how each of us had experienced God personally, not to debate his existence.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by donnie(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2005
Psalms 14:1 - To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by salako: 3:40am On Sep 26, 2005
there has been no revelation for me.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by angelak(f): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2005
Sheif, your welcome.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by DorisB(f): 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2007
through His word and i believe He exists by faith.

1 Like

Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by eagleeye7: 10:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
layi:

Its not a question of who, what and how the bible was written. Its a question of how it has affected you. Which ultimately confirms its "trueness".
Afterall you've never seen ur liver but u believe u have it cos scientists say so (with proofs).
Likewise GOD reveals himself through people as well (Bible writers). He also reveals himself to you personally.
Truth is GOD is not hidden. He is revealed but man has just refused to see "it" as GOD.

May God increase your wisdom, my brother.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by eagleeye7: 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
[left][/left]
layi:
@Exu:

The Bible is a compilation of truths from different authors. Style of writing and aim may differ. Reason why u can't pick words/quotes out of context just to suit Ur argument.

Have u not read books where u get something like...
Page 15 line 2:  .....He went into the room and met Adam dead.......
U get to another page
Page 19 line 6 ......the doctor found out he was just comatose. Adam didn't die afterall

Would i be right to just pick out "Adam dead" and "Adam didn't die" ?

The Bible is a book for heaven sake and not some keypoints or nuggets. You can't read out of context.

Wonderful response! Thanks, Layi.
Re: How Did God Reveal Himself to You? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
exu:
When did you accept in your heart (and mind) that your idea of God exists?

When did you realise what his characteristics are, and how did you know?

I'm just curious.  Thanks for reading.
It's a mystery to all of us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Made God In His Own Image? / Jesus : No, I’m not talking about Twitter. I literally want you to follow me. / Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.