Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance (29257 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
Are you minding the Down Syndrome reject?

Lol the jobless idiot is now off looking for a thread cos some loser just like him must have written some crap months ago.

Amazing how these lunatics thinks people's personal lives revolve around NL. Ologun idile.

All his comments have been embarrassing crap I'd expect from a 14 yr old. So pathetic embarassed
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
These idiots know nothing. Obasanjo stated every clearly from the start that it was never going to happen and I remember reading somewhere that AI was criticised for going ahead with the publicity stunt in spite of Obasanjo giving such assurances
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

what is not the point? Please stop embarrassing yourself with the lame excuses. First off its good "Samaritans", secondly the whole thing about Obasanjo IS relevant because you felt the need to put "being a devout Christian" in bold so yes I'm going to comment on that. Finally, they didnt do ANYTHING UNTIL it became an international spectacle

Is that what you are proud of? the fact that it's when people started protesting around the globe that government finally decided to do something? Even then, til now the practice STILL continues so what difference did it really make?

Once again, come up with something better. Thanks.
Again, Obasanjo`s personal live has nothing to do with this the convinction of these 2 women.
Secondly , i did not put " devout Christian " the journalist from BBC did LOL  Simi claimed it was ONLY the WEST who did something , fact is : that a governer and the president from Nigeria did  something, wether it was before or after the pressure from the west - is  TOTALLY irrelevant.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

monatoetje

STOP LIE ! IT IS UGLY
COPY AND PASTE THE SENTENCE I WROTE THAT ? Are you JustDumb sistah ?
I talked about the population and not the goverment, but even the governement JUST HELP THE WOMEN BECAUSE INTERNATIONAL PRESSURE.

It is written in the bbc article too. The link y just sent us.

"Come up with a better excuse. That was pathetic." cool

Not a lie, you wrote that on the same page , dummy! lipsrsealed

[b]Quote from Simi on page 9 [/b]REMEMBER ALL, IF WE, FOREIGNS HAVE NOT FIGHT FOR SAFIYA HUSSAINI LIFE / AMINA LAWAL ??, she/they would be death on this exclatly moment.

It doens't matter which part of Nigerian it had happened, the fact is IT HAPPENED WITH A NAIJA WOMAN, I don't care about her religion. You nigerians , from the rest of Nigeria were suppossed to fight for life and "not" the international community.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2008
monatoetje:

Again, Obasanjo`s personal live has nothing to do with this the convinction of these 2 women.
Secondly , i did not put " devout Christian " the journalist from BBC did LOL  Simi claimed it was ONLY the WEST who did something , fact is : that a governer and the president from Nigeria did  something, wether it was before or after the pressure from the west - is  TOTALLY irrelevant.

It is very relevant. You are making excuses now so Im gonna ignore your rants. They did something bacause of the backlash. If you sincerely think that's something to be proud of, that's your own cup of tea. The fact that the whole world had to intervene before the govt FINALLY did something is embarrassing to ME as a Nigerian.

and I never said you put devout Christian, I said you put it in bold implying that it was important therefore I have the right to pick it apart which I did.

Is English your first language cos it seems like many people are having trouble understanding things.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2008
monatoetje

Sometimes, the order of the facts afects the results

"that a governer and the president from Nigeria did  something, wether it was before or after the pressure from the west - is  TOTALLY irrelevant."

No, it is relevant. If the case were not well know maybe the women d die , more one, and no one would notice her absence for lack of information.
I have already heard about jungle justice in Nigerian

Now, y are saying it is irrelevant for don't loose your proud! Smart Girl
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

monatoetje

Sometimes, the order of the facts afects the results

"that a governer and the president from Nigeria did something, wether it was before or after the pressure from the west - is TOTALLY irrelevant."

No, is not irrelevant. If the case were not well know maybe the women d die , more one, and no one would notice her absence for lack of information.
I have already heard about jungle justice in Nigerian

Now, y are saying it is irrelevant for don't loose your proud! Smart Girl

Then , why don`t you STOP talking to those bushpeople and stick to your own " smart " people
Apparently , " we " are not from the same class!

Seriously, you sound like a typichal angry/bittered white woman who had 1 bad experience or heard 1 story about some bad Nigerians, Won`t surprise me if you believe that Nigerians still live in huts LOL
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2008
Brazilians arent white and you're not even Nigerian so what are you rambling about sef
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ JustBull

Wetin dey your head? Oh I rephrase. Nothing dey your head.

See your mouth like a computerized parrot chuchuchuchuchuchuchu!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! YOU NOR DEY SHAME?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

It is very relevant. You are making excuses now so I'm going to ignore your rants. They did something bacause of the backlash. If you sincerely think that's something to be proud of, that's your own cup of tea. The fact that the whole world had to intervene before the govt FINALLY did something is embarrassing to ME as a Nigerian.

and I never said you put devout Christian, I said you put it in bold implying that it was important therefore I have the right to pick it apart which I did.

Is English your first language because it seems like many people are having trouble understanding things.
No, English is not my first language. I always prefer to make an entire sentence bolded.

Why would you feel embarassed about it?? Of course it is not good, but there have been a lot of scandals and fraud in the west as well, so i see no reason why you should feel embarassed about this.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by onyinye2(f): 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
@monatoetje

Nwa, give it up. Your argument can't even carry water. So just leave it at bay.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
monatoetje:

Then , why don`t you STOP talking to those bushpeople and stick to your own " smart " people
Apparently , " we " are not from the same class!

Seriously, you sound like a typichal angry/bittered white woman who had 1 bad experience or heard 1 story about some bad Nigerians, Won`t surprise me if you believe that Nigerians still live in huts LOL

We have left the hut but the hut hasn't left us. We claim to live in "civitatis" but yet, we are so uncivilized!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
monatoetje:

Why would you feel embarassed about it?? Of course it is not good, but there have been a lot of scandals and fraud in the west as well, so i see no reason why you should feel embarassed about this.

Cos Im a Nigerian and I identify myself as one despite spending more than half my life over here. What concerns me with the problems of the West? So because there are problems in the "west", i shouldnt care about the one in my home country esp problems that involves human life?

That's a terrible way to reason.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

Cos I'm a Nigerian and I identify myself as one despite spending more than half my life over here. What concerns me with the problems of the West? So because there are problems in the "west", i shouldnt care about the one in my home country esp problems that involves human life?

That's a terrible way to reason.

That's a Nigerian for you or let say the way majority of humans reason: "I don't see why I should bother about what happens around me. Afterall it happens everywhere." But the rhythm changes when he is personally involved. I wish to hear this same girl speak after she has been victim of men's dispotism in Nigeria. In fact I am ready to bet she lives outside and therefore has always had the comfort of being in a foreign land which of course values and protects the individual.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
monatoetje

English is not my first language either and I am aware I do a lot of mistakes but at least I am able to communicate abroad and it is a irrelevant detail. Y re champion of run away from the focus.

Don't generalize, nigerians are not bushpeople, maybe you are and I won't take you as example to make generalizations. Apparently, we are not from the same class, y seems be a bushgirl.

I am very fun to be with and the fact I made a polemic about a real problem that happens in Naija doesnt means I am bitter.
There are a thousands of Nigerians in Brazil and around world, y know , average of them make the life abroad and come back home for retirement.
I am not talking with base stuffs I read in internet, i have real contact with nigerian community, beside the live here , they didnt lost their culture, values and way of be.

So, y re complety senseless and you don't know what y re talking.

I am black !
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2008
simibrasil is indeed back! grin We no go rest again.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

monatoetje

English is not my first language either and I am aware I do a lot of mistakes but at least I am able to communicate abroad and it is a irrelevant detail. Y re champion of run away from the focus.

Don't generalize, nigerians are not bushpeople, maybe you are and I won't take you as example to make generalizations. Apparently, we are not from the same class, y seems be a bushgirl.

I am very fun to be with and the fact I made a polemic about a real problem that happens in Naija doesnt means I am bitter.
There are a thousands of Nigerians in Brazil and around world, y know they almost of them make the life abroad and come back home for retirement.
I am not talking with base stuffs I read in internet, i have real contact with nigerian community, beside the live here , they didnt lost their culture, values and way of be.

So, y re complety senseless and you don't know what y re talking.

I am black !

Let her be and remain in her darkness. She has been societalized: there is little hope for her until she experiences it in first person.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan (m)

You made me laugh !
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by ewealths(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
We should all be very careful in our use of our mind, especailly when you are talking about something that didn't start today.
Simi, I think you are afraid, a woman in Nigeria may not be very free like the western woman is but certainly that is not a fault of the Nigerian men, for instants in Ghana, the woman owns the child(I think I am correct), in India(some part) the woman pays the dowry, though times have changed something would still remain the same.
Simi, follow our way of life, it would make you better, some part of us that we can change would be changed with time.
As you name goes similoluwa(complete form of your name in my language)---
Meaning lean on God/ Trust in God.
I will think need to get back at you, the site you gave talks also about abortion,Yyou did not mention that part, I want to believe you don't like that part that talks about woman leading the vanguard against making abortion legal in Nigeria, I also do not support abortion myself, you see somethings are just particular about a place, BUT WE CAN BE BETTER and please don't use something that are particular about us and decide to rubbish everything about us.
We are the BEST kind of human beings God took time to create, I know you can be a witness to that, our qualities start us out.
Another thing is that don't take some people comments personal, that is just another of our quality WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR THING.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2008
ewealths

No, I am not afraid, I am very courageos and that's why I am here making polemic , lol
I didn't talk nothing about abort, stop inventing ! I don't care about all articles the site publicated, the focus was not abort.
If you don't have nothing to say, why dont y became quiet ?
Do you want talk about abort ? open a thread about it .

"Simi, follow our way of life, it would make you better, some part of us that we can change would be changed with time."
Good advice, I ll start following your way of life , lol.

As you name goes similoluwa(complete form of your name in my language)---
Who told you simibrasil is my name ? stop inventing or make wrong assumptions
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by tulk2mi: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2008
To make a naija men feel in love for you and have the mind to marry you , you must play fool and act as stupid.
thats a big laugh.

r u saying we all married stupid and foolish women? u r also invaribly saying dats wat u did 2 make ur naija guy fall 4 u abi?

ur problem is not d fact dat u dont know what u r talking abt but d fact dat u dont know that u dont know wat ur talking abt. sad
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by omoge(f): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
truth is bitter

grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
You call that courage? It doesn`t take a lot of courage to talk crap on the internet LOL Lady , to me you are nothing but a troublemaker. You`re not posting these threads to discuss about issues that interest you. You`re ONLY  looking for a way to bash people from other groups, to make you feel better about yourself and your country people.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
Of course I know what I am talking about, one time a naija men told me:

"your problem is that y re over inteligent and is not good when women is higher than men"

when I start act as unsafe and make basic questions, things had worked out better.

The wisdow is : we are the neck and he is the head, but who controls the moviment of the head ? lol

Have you already heard behind a sucessfull men have a powerful women ? because without us, you re absolutely nothing!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
We should all be very careful in our use of our mind, especailly when you are talking about something that didn't start today.

So what?

Simi, I think you are afraid, a woman in Nigeria may not be very free like the western woman is but certainly that is not a fault of the Nigerian men, for instants in Ghana, the woman owns the child(I think I am correct), in India(some part) the woman pays the dowry,

1. In Ghana I guess they think of the child's good and not because they want to favour the man. Everybody knows that in case of divorce the mother is likely to take charge of the children as she is naturally a care taker.

though times have changed something would still remain the same.

You are right but not in Nigeria's case when everything is still the same. I understand if someone people can't conform to the system but when the system is what refuses to evolve then we sure have something to worry about.

Simi, follow our way of life, it would make you better, some part of us that we can change would be changed with time.

She tell you say she nor like her way of life? And tell me which woman in her right senses would plead a man to treat her the Nigerian way?

I will think need to get back at you, the site you gave talks also about abortion,Yyou did not mention that part, I want to believe you don't like that part that talks about woman leading the vanguard against making abortion legal in Nigeria,

We aren't talking of what women can do but about what they can't do because there is someone who limits their rights. If we should really get into he matter I'd like to realize that abortion is strictly a moral issue and should be dealt with personally; each one with their ethical values.

I also do not support abortion myself, you see somethings are just particular about a place, BUT WE CAN BE BETTER and please don't use something that are particular about us and decide to rubbish everything about us.

She hasn't rubbished everything about you. Has she mentioned corruption, fraud or moral decadence on this thread? NO! She has focused so far on the misogynous aspect of our society.

We are the BEST kind of human beings God took time to create, I know you can be a witness to that, our qualities start us out.

You could spare us this one. A KIND is enough, GOOD is out of pity, BEST is absolutely undeserved.

Another thing is that don't take some people comments personal, that is just another of our quality WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR THING.

No you are just liars who won't admit you are jerks!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2008
monatoetje

You didnt answer my question. Are you JustDumb sister ?
The Queen of Bullshit ooo
Y don't make 1 gol !
Since when I interested about prof something about Brasil ? I have already said, do you want talk about Brazil, open a thread.
I am looking for a healthy discussion and international interchange and learning, but some bastards come out from bush during the way/journay, and obligated ourselves to be rude with words, but the focus was not that.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by omoge(f): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2008
LOL so funny. i guess they miss their way.

simi grin grin grin grin

see as you dey blow grammar grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

monatoetje

You didnt answer my question. Are you JustDumb sister ?
The Queen of Bullshit ooo
Y don't make 1 gol !
Since when I interested about prof something about Brasil ? I have already said, do you want talk about Brazil, open a thread.
I am looking for a healthy discussion and international interchange and learning, but some bastards come out from bush during the way/journay, and obligated ourselves to be rude with words, but the focus was not that.
Right, Thank God you are not rude & you don`t participate in all the name calling   kiss
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
Mr. JustGood, let's have a time out for a moment and talk man-to-person.

You stated categorically, that Naija men are not what the topic alludes to. Your opinion you said and you are entitled to it, not only are you entitled to it, you also want it respected because it is based on your experience and what you've witnessed, alrighty then. So Pray tell. . . Why you have spent the last 3 days disrespecting other people's opinions? Why you unleashed your wrath on people for stating their opinions, which like yours, is based on their own experience and what they have witnessed. What gives you the audacity to condescend on others for saying what they've seen just because it does not match yours? Last I heard, which was about 5 mins ago, the sun is still the center of the solar system. . . not you.  I'm not going to lie, at first, I was a bit perplexed because you couldn't see what you were doing but now I get it and I am actually glad you don't see it because with you here, we need not look futher for examples. . . Your behavior EPITOMIZES what this thread is about.

You do not respect our opinions, you do not think they are worth a dime and you insult us for daring to think contrary to what you think, you mock guys who don't subscribe to you heavyhanded attitude (Wouldn't be surprised if you are one of those men who call other guys whipped for showing they care about their women). You do this because deep down, beneath all the Mr. Johnny be Good facade you project, you really are the typical Naija man who thinks women are nothing. Oh you gonna deny it, you gonna dismiss this as the rantings of a "wounded woman", You will probably tell me to go get married. . . that's if I can find a husband with an attitude like this, that's fine but you know what, it still wouldn't change what you are.

Many guys have responded to this thread but non have taken it to the extent to which you have (Something that actually surprises me. I have to say, I have a newfound respect for some nairaland guys because of this thread) It is like you have appointed yourself as Voltron - Defender of whatever.  Honestly, if I wasn't brought up to give always give people the benefit of doubt instead of quickly jumping to conclusions,  I'd say "Me thinks the man doth protest too much" Oh what am I doing, now is not the time to pretend civility by biting my tongue, I'll just go ahead and say it. . .  Me thinks the man (YOU) protest too much and one has to wonder. . . Why? Why is this like a cause for you?

1) Could it be that you know what you really are and you are threatened by this new crop of women who won't allow men to think for them and treat them like trash. . . like nothing?

2) Do you fear we might corrupt other females. . .  worse a female close to you? That a day will come when they look you in the face and say. . . enough?

Hmm, not to blow my own trumpet but I believe I have found what is really itching you here.

Well, let me put your mind at ease. . . In as much as I would so love it to be, boldness is not like cold, people can't catch it through contact or by reading words on a computer. Chance are a people who were never bold or who have had the spirit beaten out of them through years of psychological and Physical torture, people who out of fear of negative repercussions or being shut down at every turn, have learnt to keep their opinions to themselves. . .  Chances are these people will never change. Okay, I probably shouldn't say never since there are no absolutes and some people. . .  Optimists who will tell you they can change through intense psychiatric help but they also say even with that, the chances are still very slim.

In other words, please don't worry about our attitude affecting your home. It won't. Think of this way. . . You have a charm hanging on your door and it prevents the evilness that is our "westernized attitude" from seeping into your home wink. So let us express ourselves and you just laugh, shake your head and thank goodness you have a firm handle on the women in your life. . . on your own home. No one, absolutely no one will insult you for that.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by omoge(f): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2008
truth be said, we spoil our men.
times are changing though.
look deep and you will agree that's why many would rather go home to marry "someone to spoil them"

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Chases His Wife Out For Allegedly Calling Him An Animal In Public (vid) / 92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.