Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance (29260 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2008
thanks carmel. I get annoyed when they associate every evil witn NIGERIAN men rather than say it is men generally
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by hanen(f): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2008
I don't know why we as Nigerians like living in denial, why are all of you insulting the poster? Is it that you people just don't like hearing unpleasant truths? i concur with the poster. But not everything she said. While I believe (and have seen) situations where the woman is encouraged to take crap from her husband, I also know it's not as rampant as she's making it out to be. Too many nigerian men are raised with this strange sense of entitlement that they don't have to even try, and yet they must be wprshipped/respected. . A woman too who has been raised to think that the most important/biggest achievement she can make in her life is her husband, would rather take his crap than put his foot down, cos she'd rather be married and unhappy than alone and happy. It's all in the upbringing of the man/woman.

Nowadays though, a lot more people are getting better educated and wizened to the ways of the world, and such scenarios are (hopefully) becoming less. It's not THHHATT common. But it happens.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by carmelily: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2008
Who hold una not to follow men from other countries sef?

i wonder o. That's how me i solved my problem grin

JustGood:

thanks carmel. I get annoyed when they associate every evil witn NIGERIAN men rather than say it is men generally

u're welcome, my brother.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by ohaechesi(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2008
I was expecting SIMi to comment on how naija women treats their men more especially if their men runs broke which common even in the western world. Then why would't a naija man subject her girl or wife to his desired if he is made? The truth must be told, the naija women should vegetate, i meant no disdain.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by carmelily: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2008
ohaechesi:

Then why would't a naija man subject her girl or wife to his desired if he is made? The truth must be told, the naija women should vegetate, i meant no disdain.

vegetate ke? what are you talking about?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by MrCrackles(m): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2008
carmelily:

vegetate ke? what are you talking about?

im dey talk about vegetation wey dey OTTA farm!! grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by carmelily: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2008
Brash!:

im dey talk about vegetation wey dey OTTA farm!! grin

hehehe. Otta farm. polygamy. okay, i get the connection grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by MrCrackles(m): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2008
carmelily:

hehehe. Otta farm. polygamy. okay, i get the connection grin

you know! wink
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Angelheart: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2008
Simibrasil,

I agree with you!! Ok, maybe not all Nigerian men but, I have come across a few who treat women like objects.  When is comes to the man's family taking over? You are spot on. The Mother's always sticks their nose in the couple's affairs. These men actually go out there to toll for a woman who is submissive and one tha cannot stand for themselves,
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
Angelheart:

Simibrasil,

I agree with tou TOTALLY!! Ok, maybe not all Nigerian men but, I have come across a few who treat women like objects. When is comes to the man's family taking over? You are spot on. The Mother's always sticks their nose in the couple's affails. These men actually go out there to toll for a woman who is submissive and one tha cannot stand for themselves,

Yea you're right. Please go and marry Brazillian men
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by mekk(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
JustGood:

A bi ooooh!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by mekk(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2008
some just believe blindly whatever they are told without due verification,and
then start posting trash here on nairaland.
too bad! too Ugly!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
@
simi blah blah or whatever u call urself

u better go get a job and stop talking nonesense here,have u lived in 9ja b/4?.i was in brazil few yrs ago,everything u mentioned here is applied there in brazil so go solve ur home issue first,b/4 u go international, if u've been to 9ja b/4 then i can read ur msg, what an insult, any rif raf can cum in here and insult 9ja pple.infact u r a lier,u r not a teacher,u can't even write english.go on read all ur text and tell me what u see
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
@angel lung's or lunges,
u said u totally agree,so what d heck with maybe not all,did u 4get d meaning of totally or what? am sure u can do better than that darling.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by biolabee(m): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
There seems to be alot of beef flying round so that really one does not get the objective of this thread.

@ post

what are you trying to acheive are u pointing out a negative male trait or trying to encourage women to stand up for themselves?

On the issue of woman taking crap from men that is not limited to Naikja but transcends boundaries
In sweden where a man locked up his daughter and fathered children by her or in the UK where our dear crown prince ridiculed Diana with his present wife or the wellknown Monicagate in the US.

(Some) Men everywhere take advantage of women who are not ready to stand up for themselves and chase the moochers.

However there are a lot of men who treat therir women with respect so do not generalise just like there may still be some people who will not take any form of weed in Yankee schools at all  tongue
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Angelheart: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
JustGood:

Believe me, I would rather do that that marry a Nigerian man!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Arielle: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
Spot on, Simibrazil. A huge number of marriages are like that. Keeping up appearances is the priority. Divorce is hardly ever considered as an option for the woman. She is supposed to suck it up and carry on, after all she is the Mrs!! 'Managing' seems to be the expected recourse, while the man carries on, with the woman making excuses for him every step of the way. I know some Nigerian men who are the best husbands any woman could wish for. But a huge number are not. I believe most have good intentions but the society in which we live, and we the women who have made it so easy for men not to be held accountable for their behavior, that they lose sight of those intentions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by idupaul: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2008
Angelheart:

Believe me, I would rather do that that marry a Nigerian man!

has any naija man even ever asked u out? taht mean u will never marry, hw many brazillian will be able 2 stand this ur lewd attitude to life
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Angelheart: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2008
idupaul:

has any naija man even ever asked u out?  taht mean u will never marry, hw many brazillian will be able 2 stand this your lewd attitude to life
Yes actually. This is not hear-say. Been there and done that. Lewd attutude to life.  Please! Lets keep this in context! Its about 'BAD NIGERIAN MEN'. Not life in general!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
Original link below. I would not put too much stock in something from something called the National University of Singapore.

http://www.usp.nus.edu.sg/post/nigeria/contwomen.html
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by HERO111: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2008
@poster,
Come where are u from by the way? Unfortunately i realised that ur so call research is purely based on the internet. Its completely sad that u are ingorant of the fact that the INTERNET  is an arena where most information are not verifyable or  factual b4 dumped in here. No serious research is completely based on internet only without  further verification from other sources like going physically to interact and so on. look at u reading scraps to come and be claiming u know all about the topic.
Dont act on incomplete or fake information and begin to propergate false lies in here. In those days women in ngieria use to be so submissive to their husbands as the tradition demanded but right now african culture is gradually been diffused with western culture. Things are no more the same. women are given their respect and place in the society right now in nigeria.  So talk with substantial evidence and not on hearsay.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by slyk2(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
are you still in 9ja?

believe that and get pretty pitied grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Angelheart: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2008
There is so much denial going on in HERE! And it is amazing to learn that it also comes from WOMEN because Im certain some of them have experienced, evidenced or wintenessed Naija men treating women like door mats.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by slyk2(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2008
dont just inform us about this.

these things were here b4 you and i were born, abi?

there are laws that legal for you to guard against all those thrash or dont you know?
dont die for ignorance,please. as long as you will not do the rught things such denials will be yours.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by spikedcylinder: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2008
I have a question:

As I am made to believe, a typical foreigner hears or sees her husband cheating and leaves him with more than half of his stuff.

A Nigerian woman hears or sees her husband cheating, what does she do?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by MrCrackles(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I have a question:

As I am made to believe, a typical foreigner hears or sees her husband cheating and leaves him with more than half of his stuff.

A Nigerian woman hears or sees her husband cheating, what does she do?

take her children, ghana-must-go and leg it back to her parents wailing! grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by tRoOE(f): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2008

One time, my ex was paying too much attention to another girl while he left me hanging. . . . .if you know the excuse I came up with ehn! It's automatic.

[size=13pt]Insult upon injury shocked shocked shocked
Why in the world would you stay in that type of relationship?
Only a lady with low self esteem would do that to herself.

@others supporting the poster
This issue has nothing to do with nationality
If Naija men act that way, then stop dating them, abi na by force.
Only a desperate fool would allow a man to walk over her all in the name of love.

[/size]
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by tRoOE(f): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2008
@Chino
Men who talk in such manner anywhere in the world even if they are Nigerians or foreigners are illiterate and their word should not be treated as Gold.For your research to be complete,you need to live in Nigeria for atleast 6 months so that you can study the pros and cons.If you meet a Nigerian Guy who loves You,u would be swept off your feet,it is for you to make the right chioce.
Abi ooooo!!! True Talk
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by legry(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2008
@poster

Okay my guess from all the blah blah and bull your crapping about is, you must have got the taste of a Nija man in bed, it must have been really good and my ultimate guess is you dont have it anymore and it really kills you.

Go and get laid and shushhhhh madam,

Getting really sick at all the male bashing pushed around, like the women dont have faults ( angry angry abegii!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by cold(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
Just got here!Can smbody plz tell me what these ladies are on about?Is it another "Naija men bashing day"?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
most ladies just chatter like monkeyz all day without driving home any meaningful point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / Don't Become The Family ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.