Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69552 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2010
This one wey we dey need overtime to beat the Bills na wa ooh! The Ravens must fall on Sunday sha! Missing the playoffs again is not an option
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2010
Mehn. . . .I saw something on a newspaper recently. I fear the worst. I hope I am so wrong.

I really really hope I am wrong.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by mukina2: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2010
^
Same here, i have tried to make some contacts to confirm it. i pray its not as we fear sad
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by mukina2: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2010
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
Mehnnnnnnnn. . . .My worst fears are almost certainly confirmed.
Some things just don't fit. This one is one of them. Don't sound right.

Guy man. . .rest in peace oo. Whatever will Cutler and Rose do now.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by Moonstone(f): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
May his soul rest in peace. I still can't believe he's gone, just like that at such a young age. He made this place more lively and I might actually somehow, kinda support his team just in his memorycry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry (even though they threw us out of the superbowl race some years ago, I am consoled by the fact that we won this year's superbowl)
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
I cannot believe this. I just can't. Bawo please please please log in and save us from this grief . . .
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
Na waah ooh! How does one start talking about this weekend's games with what is on ground R.I.P bruv! Still hard to stomach though
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
A-40 I am truly devastated. I have been useless since I got the news this morning. This place will never be the same without our Bawo. It will be a while before I can even bring myself to post anything coherent . . . gosh Bawo, we loved you bro, I loved you cry cry cry
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2010
JeSoul:

A-40 I am truly devastated. I have been useless since I got the news this morning. This place will never be the same without our Bawo. It will be a while before I can even bring myself to post anything coherent . . . gosh Bawo, we loved you bro, I loved you cry cry cry
I don dey wonder like Femi Wonder Wonder ooh! I consider y'all as Fam now which is why this ish is so painful
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2010
A-40:

Na waah ooh! How does one start talking about this weekend's games with what is on ground R.I.P bruv! Still hard to stomach though

Still Can't believe it. I'm still in a state of shock.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2010
his beloved bears gave him a perfect send off. . . .

They beat the favoured Eagles and Vick. And Cutler threw no interceptions.

Mehn. . .talk about clutching at straws.

Such a great great kid.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 10:58am On Dec 06, 2010
I am gobsmacked big time!

I couldn't believe it was Bawo sha. I saw the Chicago murder and never did i have an inkling it would be someone i know

I'll miss HIM, me and him jostling bout neighboring Indiana/Chicago rivalry and his goofs. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Our gun laws in the States is just too lax and to think of it, the NRA is the most powerful lobbying body in Congress today.

The founding fathers must have been high as a kite when they introduced the 2nd Amendment. The guns are just way too much and the stupid brawny politicans and Supreme Court Justices are just too damn stupid to understand that we are in a different world and a different society today!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:31am On Dec 11, 2010
Its the world we live in today! There's a war going on outside no man is safe from it don't matter if you are 3ft or 8'1! The annoying part is the culprits would most likely never get caught and are probably scheming on how to waste another young life! It just defies all logical rationale

Anyways the playoff chase is heating up! Seems like no show for the Colts which is good news for the Mighty Steelers! Not like we are scared of yall though! We take on all comers. The Pats are looking good for Homefield in the AFC and the Falcons (who woulda thought?) In the NFC
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2010
The three finalists for the Sports Section Poster Of The Year have emerged after the nomination stage and voting has commenced. The finalists are JeSoul, medjai [/b]and [b]A-40 and they've being put up in the poll.

Citations for the finalists have also been added with some of their most incisive posts on this board. Visit the link below to read the citations and vote

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560057.96.html

VOTING CLOSES AT 11:59PM ON DECEMBER 31 2010
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by jaybee3(m): 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2010
Michael Vick cool
What a player cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2010
jay bee:

Michael Vick cool
What a player cool

I am so annoyed I pulled the plug on my feed when the Giants scored that Boss touchdown.

The shock I got when I saw the headlines on yahoo sports. . . . I thought I misread it walahi.

Woulda been magical watching it live. . .

Game reminds me of the Colts comeback against the Bucs when they scored three touchdowns
with four minutes remaining to tie the game and then win in overtime.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 1:36am On Dec 20, 2010
It happened in 6 mins! 3TD's you needed to see the look on the G-men bench it was like they just ate a plate full of $hit. Props to Mike Vick for taking his chance he has been pure inspiration

As for ma Steelers I just miss the good old days when the Heinz Field used to be a fortress now we have lost to the Pats,Ravens and Jets on that field! All three are contenders and it says a lot! Ohh well that's why I love the NFL its probably the sport where homefield matters the least
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2010
doyin13:

I am so annoyed[b] I pulled the plug on my feed when the Giants scored that Boss touchdown[/b].

The shock I got when I saw the headlines on yahoo sports. . . . I thought I misread it walahi.

Woulda been magical watching it live. . .

Game reminds me of the Colts comeback against the Bucs when they scored three touchdowns
with four minutes remaining to tie the game and then win in overtime.
I swear I almost did the same thing . . . a still small voice spoke to me and said, leave it on, you never know smiley. What a comeback - and anytime the giants are thrashed is always a good watch. I'm so happy for Vick. If the Pats end up in the SB vs him, I will not feel an iota of bad if he wins it all. What a great story. PETA lovers eat your hearts out suckers  tongue

As a side note, I wonder how McNabb feels watching from Washington at how much success Vick is having with Eagles team.

@Bawo,
     I cannot watch a Bears/bulls game without thoughts of you being evoked. I hope you're smiling wherever you are . . . and enjoying the schooling Brady dished on Cutler last week too.  kiss miss ya dude.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 1:26am On Dec 25, 2010
JeSoul:

I swear I almost did the same thing . . . a still small voice spoke to me and said, leave it on, you never know smiley. What a comeback - and anytime the giants are thrashed is always a good watch. I'm so happy for Vick. If the Pats end up in the SB vs him, I will not feel an iota of bad if he wins it all. What a great story. PETA lovers eat your hearts out suckers  tongue

As a side note, I wonder how McNabb feels watching from Washington at how much success Vick is having with Eagles team.

@Bawo,
     I cannot watch a Bears/bulls game without thoughts of you being evoked. I hope you're smiling wherever you are . . . and enjoying the schooling Brady dished on Cutler last week too.  kiss miss ya dude.
Especially since he has been nothing but a tumor since joining the Skins! It seems that franchise is just cursed

Thanks to the Panthers for actually making my Steelers look good! Y'all where an embarrasment yesterday! The Panthers that is

The games to watch out for this weekend are definitely
Packers vs Giants (More or less win or bust for the G-Men)
Saints vs Falcons (More or less for who runs the NFC)

@Jesoul
Is Brady auditioning for Passion of the Christ Part 2?? Just curious
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:54am On Dec 26, 2010
Not a Cowboys fan but i gotta say. Ouch! Yee-pa! Mo gbe! That punt was a kick to the gut
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
Its crunchtime! Colts and Jaguars battle for the last spot in the AFC but its more interesting in the NFC with the Giants,Packers and Bucs fighting for a spot and the highlight of the weekend Rams vs Seahawks to settle who gets the NFC West

Happy New Year in advance yall! #GoSteelers
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2011
I am not a Patriots fan but Tom Brady has to be MVP! He is playing extra terrestrial football! My sentiments for Vick aside 36TD's and 4 INT's is no joke. Anyways its on this weekend Saints vs Seahawks, Packers vs Eagles,Chiefs vs Ravens and Jets vs Colts which would be my pick of the bunch. I fancy Saints,Packers,Ravens and the Colts to advance! I may be wrong though
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2011
Rikkygenerator,
oga no vex I no get back to ur last holla . . . na circumstance then wey freeze my brain. But I do hope you're well and bringing in that cheese and making that name shine. Fill me in when you get a second aight?

A-40:

I am not a Patriots fan but Tom Brady has to be MVP! He is playing extra terrestrial football! My sentiments for Vick aside 36TD's and 4 INT's is no joke. Anyways its on this weekend Saints vs Seahawks, Packers vs Eagles,Chiefs vs Ravens and Jets vs Colts which would be my pick of the bunch. I fancy Saints,Packers,Ravens and the Colts to advance! I may be wrong though
I'm torn. Jets Vs. Colts. The two most NE hated teams going against each other. I hope they play for 50quarters and lots of injuries cool yes I have serious bad belle.

And 40-dude, Brady for MVP is on point. It's not even close, though I won't mind one bit if M.Vick were to get it. What a great story.

So who is going to adopt Bawo's bears? cry I was thinking Doyin since he's a man with no loyalties apart from his friends. Either way, consider me a part-time Bears fan this post season.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by ogajim(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
Tough weekend ahead!

Didn't know there was an NFL football talk on NL, thanks JeSoul!

Indy
Saints
Ravens
Eagles

Those are my wildcard weekend picks.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2011
We dey oh my brother. Welcome to tha chaos grin there are no rules here. Feel free to jump ship whenever you like grin

ogajim:

Tough weekend ahead!

Didn't know there was an NFL football talk on NL, thanks JeSoul!

Indy
Saints
Ravens
Eagles

Those are my wildcard weekend picks.
One can't really fault your picks . . . but ehn those GreenBay Packers might upset the Eagles. The problem is Vick needs to play cavalier for them win, the other problem is if Vick plays cavalier, he can make costly mistakes.

Does anybody know if there's a way both the Jets and Colts can lose this weekend? grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by ogajim(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2011
I doubt that there's any team in the AFC right now that can beat the Pats at home this time. The Superbowl might already have been decided from the AFC side, NFC is where we're trying to figure out if the Saints can make it again then we would have a Superbowl to look forward to between Greg Williams Defense and Brady's offense.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
^Oga don't crown us yet oh . . . the way people dey talk say Pats sare invincible . . . you're jinxing us oh! lol. Like play like play they'll lose next weekend - God forbid bad thing. Our defense is good but they haven't faced the playoffs yet so we're still very much vulnerable.

The NFC could suprise us. Remember the Cards few SBs ago making it all the way after limping into the postseason. The record is 0-0 now, everyone's got a shot . . . uhm, except the Seahawks who do not even belong there.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 8:27am On Jan 08, 2011
@ogajim
With the way Mike Vick has been getting sacked lately I doubt he would survive that Packer defence! Plus I suspect Vick is not 100percent. Stranger things have happened but for some reason I just feel the Packers might be too strong

@Jesoul
Doyin is an Eagles/McNabb fan. Maybe based on sentiments one could give Vick but no doubt Brady has been better! What a story it would be though for the Chiefs to beat the Ravens! Everyone and their grandma have written them off
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
See this useless Reggie Bush fella! If na to put him peninsula for Kim Kardashian bakassi e go fit ooh! Simple ball e no fit catch
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:23am On Jan 09, 2011
This Hasselbeck na bad guy! This game sweet die! Just what I expected! Looks like the defending champs are on the ropes
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 12:50am On Jan 09, 2011
^hehe, na real ropes. They're playing with absolutely zero desire. Seattle is high on emotion n the home crowd. At this rate, 'who dat' will be 'who what?!?!'.

This is why the game is played. Why should the defending champs be struggling with the worst team to ever make the playoffs? Its not over yet sha . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (80) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards / Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.