Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : (1505 Views)

Real Image Of King James Of KJV1611 / Reasons Why I Dont Read King James Bible. / Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by Cayon(f): 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2008
Sometimes we have to get the message across as best we can. Try this for those who can't understand the King James Version of the Ten Commandments

1. I'm God. Don't play me.
(I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me .)

2. Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms out of me, or like me.
(Thou shalt not have any graven images)

3. Don't be callin' me for no reason.
(Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain)

4. Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas
(Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy)

5. Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma,  and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.
(Honor thy father and thy mother)

6. Don't be goin' on no drive bys.
(Thou shalt not kill)

7. Stick to ya own Boo.
(Thou shalt not commit adultery)

8. Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.
(Thou shalt not steal)

9. Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.
(Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother)

10. Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.
(Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother).
LOVE Yourself. . . so you can LOVE others!
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2008
:d ;d
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by Cayon(f): 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2008
Yea, i enjoyed it too grin
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by MissyB1(m): 12:05am On Sep 22, 2008
This is funny cheesy
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by pilgrim1(f): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2008
Brilliant, funny. grin
When's the next episode?
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
Cayon:

Sometimes we have to get the message across as best we can. Try this for those who can't understand the King James Version of the Ten Commandments

3. Don't be callin' me for no reason.
(Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain)

4. Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas
(Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy)

5. Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma,  and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.
(Honor thy father and thy mother)

6. Don't be goin' on no drive bys.
(Thou shalt not kill)

7. Stick to ya own Boo.
(Thou shalt not commit adultery)

8. Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.
(Thou shalt not steal)

9. Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.
(Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother)

10. Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.
(Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother).
LOVE Yourself. . . so you can LOVE others!

This is a very creative and humorous way of getting the message across, and by this explanation can we answer the statements in the link below and see where we stand on judgment day.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by disease(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Cayon
If a person does not understand King James Version, let him/her go and buy Yoruba, Igbo, Urhobo, or Hausa version.
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by Cayon(f): 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ok, I'll be sure to pass on that message to my good friend Davidylan wink
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by james1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2008
Hey Cayon.
You are super creative and you have a way with putting words across.
The ten commandments in words that thrills and leaves a lasting impression on one's sense's.
Keep it up gal. smiley
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2008
Funny
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by shilling(f): 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2008
@ Cayon
Nice 1

@ OLAADEGBU
I'm a huge fan of Way of the Master. It's a very nice show
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by MCUsman(m): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2008
Cayon:

Trinity

Cayon:

Cross

I still no understand the KJV. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by pilgrim1(f): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2008
@MC Usman,

I don't think it's a sign of maturity for you to crawl over here to whip up these antics. It is not as if your own religion has all the answers you seek - so what is all this restlessness that you guys exhibit on Christian matters?
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by MCUsman(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
Dude the topic says : "For Those Who Cannot Understand King James" not "For Those Christians Who Cannot Understand King James" Why are angry with me
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by pilgrim1(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2008
Dude MC Usman, even though we all know what the topic says, can you be honest that your suggestions were in reference to the topic? Please let me know before I help you rediscover you bearings. Cheers.
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by MCUsman(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2008
Dude what do you make of this and your second commandments

Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by pilgrim1(f): 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2008
@MC Usman,

Honesty still seems to be a vacant commodity in your problem. Could I refer you to the same issue I had already discussed twice over? Or are you so at pains to get noticed?

Refers: 1

Refers: 2

Refers: 3

Refers: 4

I already hinted you: it's not healthy to keep seeking to lay your unrest at others when you have issues in your own religion that everyone knows about. If you can't deal with them, it is hypocritic to seek to "correct" others on your own misgivings.

Cheers.
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2008
shilling:

@ Cayon
Nice 1

@ OLAADEGBU
I'm a huge fan of Way of the Master. It's a very nice show

I thank God for how the Lord has used Ray Comfort and Kirk to make the decalogue alive and relevant.  Revealing how the Master Jesus Christ used it to by pass the intellectual arguements and striking at the conscience to bring the message home.

@Pilgrim.1,
I praise the Lord for you and may the Lord continue to use your testimony to bring the message to people's hearts and minds so that the Holy Spirit will convince, convict and convert their souls as you continue to testify to the glory of the Lord.  Yes, testimonies are  powerful tools to bring the gospel message home.  The Lord will continue to be with you always till the end of age.  Amen.

@MC Usman,
I will sincerely advise you to put your arguments aside and conscientiously attempt to answer the statements in the powerpoint presentation of the 10 commandments below:

Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by AKO1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

I thank God for how the Lord has used Ray Comfort and Kirk to make the decalogue alive and relevant.  Revealing how the Master Jesus Christ used it to by pass the intellectual arguements and[b] striking at the conscience to bring the message home.
[/b]

I agree with the emboldened but their notion that breaking any of the commandments automatically disqualifies one from heaven is IMO condemnation.
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2008
A_K_O:

I agree with the emboldened but their notion that breaking any of the commandments automatically disqualifies one from heaven is IMO condemnation.

I must first of all thank the Lord Almighty for preserving your life.  Glory be to God.

The keeping of the 10 commandments is one of two ways of getting to heaven, and since no one can claim to have kept them all without breaking at least one (Rom.3:23) especially on how our Lord Jesus has properly interpreted it, that leaves us with the other alternative which is by faith in the atoning blood of Christ alone who was able to keep all of them because He is God.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.  Not of works, lest any man should boast." Eph.2:8-9

http://www.goodpersontest.com/
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2008
Watch the standard of God on God tube in the weblink below:

http://www.whatstandard.com/
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by AKO1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

I must first of all thank the Lord Almighty for preserving your life.  Glory be to God.

The keeping of the 10 commandments is one of two ways of getting to heaven, and since no one can claim to have kept them all without breaking at least one (Rom.3:23) especially on how our Lord Jesus has properly interpreted it, that leaves us with the other alternative which is by faith in the atoning blood of Christ alone who was able to keep all of them because He is God.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.  Not of works, lest any man should boast." Eph.2:8-9

http://www.goodpersontest.com/

Thanks, insightful.
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by pilgrim1(f): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

@Pilgrim.1,
I praise the Lord for you and may the Lord continue to use your testimony to bring the message to people's hearts and minds so that the Holy Spirit will convince, convict and convert their souls as you continue to testify to the glory of the Lord. Yes, testimonies are powerful tools to bring the gospel message home. The Lord will continue to be with you always till the end of age. Amen.

@OLAADEGBU,
Thank you for your prayers and encouragements. What a way to enjoy my weekend, as well prepare my Sunday. God bless you many times over. Jesus is Lord. wink
Re: For Those Who Cannot Understand King James. : by reindeer: 12:04am On Oct 19, 2008
Nice on there on the commandments.

Right now, yours truly is modelling my life along with these verses, i think im still on the level of virtue now sha.Thanks to everyone for all your prayers but how do you guys do it? i fall asleep easily while praying,

2 pet 1:5-8
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May his peace dwell with you all, have a wonderful weekend.
Pls do not mind those argument seekers, lets just keep praying that they come to know the love of christ.

(1) (Reply)

Annointed Oil/handkerchief/water/e.t.c - Biblical Or Merchandising / Do Nairaland Christians Detest Atheists? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Our Sufficiency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.