Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Python Programming - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Programming (61730 Views)

Anyone That Know Python Programming Should Help Me To Check The Eorr This / Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c / What Can Python Programming Language Build? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2009
@worldbest
nice to hear from you. I think i have also come across a web crawler while reading the book "Core python programming "
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2009
@worldbest
nice to hear from you. I think i have also come across a web crawler while reading the book "Core python programming "
Re: Python Programming by worldbest(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Jacob

Yeah.Keep close to that book.It helped me alot.A web crawler is used to download and index the web.I made it for
my search engine project that is still in progress
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2009
@worldbest
Thanks alot .waiting for more contributions from you.
Re: Python Programming by azpunpin: 6:54am On Mar 13, 2009
Please can someone help me out with this python code. I am a new learner and i tried to run this code but it brings out incorrect syntax.

print 'What is your name?'

favorites.py
1. # Favorite stuff
2. print 'Tell me what your favorite color is.'
3. favoriteColor = raw_input()
5. print 'Tell me what your favorite animal is.'
6. favoriteAnimal = raw_input()
8. print 'Tell me what your favorite food is.'
9. favoriteFood = raw_input()
11. # display our favorite stuff
12. print 'You entered: ' + favoriteFood + ' ' +
favoriteAnimal + ' ' + favoriteColor
13. # print 'Here is a list of your favorite things.'
14. print 'Color: ' + favoriteColor
15. print 'Animal: ' + favoriteAnimal
16. print 'Food: ' + favoriteFood

One Love.
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2009
Hmm, Once again as it was said in the previous pages PYTHON IS NOT JAVA.
There would be no need of printing the prompt separately and getting the value when you can do both at a time.
MY version

# Favorite stuff
favoriteColor = raw_input("Tell me what your favorite color is: "wink
favoriteAnimal = raw_input("Tell me what your favorite animal is: "wink
favoriteFood = raw_input("Tell me what your favorite food is: "wink
# display our favorite stuff
print 'You entered: ',favoriteFood,favoriteAnimal,favoriteColor
# print 'Here is a list of your favorite things.'
print 'Color: ',favoriteColor
print 'Animal: ',favoriteAnimal
print 'Food: ',favoriteFood
Re: Python Programming by azpunpin: 6:43am On Mar 14, 2009
Jacob, i tried to run your codes but error also. Have you tried to run it and see if compile?

One Love.
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 10:20am On Mar 14, 2009
Whatz the error message ?
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2009
both codes shud work, but jacob's approach is better

what is ur error message?
Re: Python Programming by azpunpin: 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2009
It brings error

Invalid syntax

print 'You entered: ',favoriteFood,favoriteAnimal,favoriteColor

It pointed to this ' before the comma near favourite food, when i tried to remove it, it brings out error again which was EOL while scanning literal.

One Love.
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2009
i dont see anything wrong here,
maybe you have backtick instead of a single quote, that can happen if u copied from somewhere

or maybe you are getting something wrong. somewhere.

another possible scenario is when python is not interpreting the colon : as a string, it will definitely point to that location
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2009
Nairaland programming section is getting boring embarassed
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
The script works perfectly

@jacob05:  I think your programming student is trying to compile it with Java, heh

By the way, interested in collaborating on Python projects?
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2009
Yes sir !!
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2009
I have been thinking of this for sometime now,
building a portable ftp software, portable in that it can be saved on a flash disk and used on any computer without the need to install it.
maybe we go for that? I have been using pyQT lately and i have fallen for it.

With the QT designer, we can draw the GUI and then use pyuic to get the codes out.
then we just get a separate file for the methods.
we will need many method and this is where the team play comes in.

Let me know if u feel there is a successfull PORTABLE ftp program out there or you have a better sugestion.
i just feel we can learn while doing something.

when you Gurus decide, i will create a thread for it
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
Portable FTP? There must be dozens out there! But you can make one with a better GUI - that matters.
Re: Python Programming by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
Am just new to python, just learned tuples, dictionary, and list. So am way far from a pro. I need a program that would accept in images and show them sequentially, changing after a specified period of time or if the user clicks next. The program would record how long each person spent on a picture and the total time spent. Thereafter it passes the output to a text file.
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
@seun, i thought so too, pls bring more ideas.

@adewale, you mean standalone app or web app?
Re: Python Programming by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2009
I'd prefer a standalone app, since its for a psychology experiment, but if it would be easier as a web app then a web app. But i'd still prefer a standalone app. Thanks
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
Sounds like fun. How much are you paying?
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 9:43am On Mar 27, 2009
grin cool
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2009
Python Problems: Solve them and test your solution. http://pywhip.appspot.com/problems
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 1:50am On Apr 05, 2009
Seun:

Python Problems: Solve them and test your solution. http://pywhip.appspot.com/problems

NICE SITE,
Re: Python Programming by javaprince(m): 8:49am On Apr 12, 2009
Interesting thread on Python.

A pity I can't join you guys, went through the all thread and it reminded of my days learning BASIC and FORTRAN in school. grin grin Not kidding. Made me wish I hd learnt Python as a first programming language. Thin Nigeria Education System/Curriculum same one that made me a Windows person(would have preferred to hve been brought up on Linux).

Downloaded th Python Interpreter(came with apache2triad), but right now Java is doing so much beautiful things in my Codes (and I discover more everyday check JavaFX => www.javafx.com), that am not even looking outside for now. And f I do the following Languages are in my queue => Ruby, Lisp(Scheme or CLISP) and Scala.

All in all, Python has been end to be an hackers lanuage check/google Paul Graham's Blog (Python) www.paulgraham.com. But for now its most impressive as a Beginner's Lanuage to ME. And for hacking Then you better be using LInux.
Re: Python Programming by BlakHaka: 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2009
Hello guys! Discussions on python and its capabilities have been on for sometime and I like it. Its important to note that what makes the language so powerful, as you all read from the begining of this thread, are: simplicity, portability (ask javarist, "C"rist, "C++"rist and the like), object oriented, and u can use it to do almost anything any other programming language can do on this planet.

Learn the codes, tweak the codes, maintain the codes, and above all, share it. Python is a minimalist that possesses the GLOBAL CAPABILITY on can think of.

On my way to start sharing my tiny codes with u guys!
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
Blak Haka:

Hello guys! Discussions on python and its capabilities have been on for sometime and I like it. Its important to note that what makes the language so powerful, as you all read from the begining of this thread, are: simplicity, portability (ask javarist, "C"rist, "C++"rist and the like), object oriented, and u can use it to do almost anything any other programming language can do on this planet.

Learn the codes, tweak the codes, maintain the codes, and above all, share it. Python is a minimalist that possesses the GLOBAL CAPABILITY on can think of.

On my way to start sharing my tiny codes with u guys!
WELCOME
Re: Python Programming by netghost: 11:08pm On May 11, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2009
where is ~Every boody embarassed
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2009
Here. I'm going to start sharing code very soon.
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 18, 2009
wud love to see the codes
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 7:08pm On May 26, 2009
Me TOO !!!
Re: Python Programming by dami9ja(m): 2:38am On May 28, 2009
@webdezzi, Hello,plz i need ur email cos am getting started with php and i know it is your field, from the days of mygamma. Which php server do you suggest i use and where can i get a good material online, besides php.net? Tanx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor / Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira / Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.