Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Python Programming - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Programming (61654 Views)

Anyone That Know Python Programming Should Help Me To Check The Eorr This / Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c / What Can Python Programming Language Build? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2009
@dami9ja
when talking about good materials on php, you dont put php.net aside.
They have a .chm documentation here http://ar.php.net/distributions/manual/php_manual_en.chm

all tutorials published everywhere today are gotten and probably tweaked from that file.
php server? try Apache, or if u need to skip the overheads, try WAMP server

and i cant recollect ur username on mygamma
my email is info[at]webdezzi.com
Re: Python Programming by dami9ja(m): 1:25am On Jun 03, 2009
@webdezzi, Tanx 4 ur reply, Am Meezy9 on Mygamma, a member of ur group then! Alrdy downloaded d php manual and XAMPP. Could u plz recommend any GUI for php? Tanx
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
ok,
if u intend using php for GUI programs, then try php-GTK
http://gtk.php.net/

just download that and dont forget to get the documentation too.
I think the best way to learn all these languages is to assign urself a project, then as you work on, search the dcumentation for help, if unavailable, use google.

you can say, you have just won a 5 million naira contract to redevelop a website for WAEC, generate scratch card, and just make things works sha.
so you start working on that, and u learn everytime there is a stumbling block.
meanwhile, lets stick to what this thread says.

1 Like

Re: Python Programming by dami9ja(m): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2009
Ok sir.ll keep in touch via email.Thanks n God bless. Now, back to Python!
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2009
Hello house,pls where can i get "real-life" python exercises or any relevant language cus i'm pretty wrecked out.
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2009
what about writing a python app to check google's ranking of any website based on a set of keyword

just simple gui with just 2 input area, 1 for keyword, other for website address a space to display the position in numbers.
also a start and stop button, u can make it 1 button only to change dynamically.
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2009
Which python gui app do you think is best for creating windows form . {with reasons}
Re: Python Programming by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2009
i guess u meant GUI toolkit,
they are all good, but i love QT.
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2009
@webdezzi
Thanks man!. With it large library which contains almost ali the kits you need.
Re: Python Programming by babyboy2(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2009
Hi guys, I have written a couple of programs in python that I want to rewrite in C and C++. The problem is that i am not too good with either of the afore mentioned languages. Any ideas on how to get over this hiccup?
cheers guys!
Re: Python Programming by amosunfemi: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2009
its any one using WingIDE for python, i need the key for v3.1.8-1
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2009
Goto serials.ws
Re: Python Programming by amosunfemi: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
link on serial.ws are redirecting to one usenet site,
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Python Programming by amosunfemi: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
eh! thanks i will chk it up
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
Found one great book . PYTHON create modify Reuse . Men loving it.
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 1:06am On Aug 12, 2009
Want to work on an official clone of the NL forum in Python?
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2009
Would like to
Re: Python Programming by alexis(m): 6:13am On Aug 13, 2009
Why do you want an python based NL forum Seun?
Re: Python Programming by seunthomas: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2009
It is good to know that we have Nigerians who can speak the most versatile programming language of the bunch.
Python is really a truely special language. It learns from the pitfalls of other languages before it. That is why over 50% of
search giant google.com is developed in python. The really, Van gossum is also a google guy.
Luv to u all pythonic embryos.
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pythonic embryo  grin
Re: Python Programming by seunthomas: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
The basic concept of object oriented company sees the computer problem as real life objects. The old paradigm of programming solved problems in computing as a series of inter-related task. OOP on the other sees the computing problem as a system of inter-related and co-existing objects. One part of the problem and its underlying solution depending on the other.
Quick Example
In Creating a Banking Application
Old approach:
1. Create application to allow user input the data
2. Create a datastore or database.
3. Create a bridge between the datastore and the form.

OOP
1. The form itself that collects the input is an object that has different attributes.
2. The Account for each user is an Object
3. The Database/Datastore is an Object
4.The Bridge is an Object.

With the OOP solution you can take the Database/Datastore object and use it for another project like an accounting application.
You can also modify the account, form objects too.

In OOP you are more concerned with solving the problem than with the problem itself.

An Example Account Object in Python would look like
this:

Class Account:
def __init__(self,username,acctno):
self.username = username
self.acctno = acctno
def setAcctNo(self,acctno):
self.acctno = acctno

We will complete this in my later post
Re: Python Programming by Ikoje: 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
Python is a very simple language and i love it more than Java. I've being programming in Java for 20months with no much success. But Python in 20weeks! has being great. cheesy
Try it for 2 weeks with 1 hr dedicated learning.
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
alexis:
Why do you want an python based NL forum Seun?
The reasons are painfully obvious, alexis. Ask yourself, "why do I prefer Python to PHP?"

@Ikoje: nice to hear! What are some of the things you've done with Python? Let's chat sometime!
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2009
Planning to create a tunneling software using python and pyQT {something like proxifier}. But finding it hard to tunnel http connection to https .@ll any help
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2009
What kind of tunnelling? Socks? HTTP Proxy? TCP Forwarding? Answer depends on that.
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2009
HTTP proxy
Re: Python Programming by Seun(m): 4:47am On Aug 18, 2009
You need to implement the HTTP CONNECT method.  It's a form of TCP tunnelling that web proxies support (you can't intercept SSL requests, you have to tunnel them)
jacob05:

HTTP proxy
Re: Python Programming by jacob05(m): 10:35am On Aug 18, 2009
Thank man!. Found a piece of code that i think would work {NOT TESTED} using thesame connect method . http://code.activestate.com/recipes/456195/
Re: Python Programming by t1m1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2009
Hi python charmers!
what is the fastest reliable way to build an application (complete with User interface) in Python?
v a 9ce wk ahead y'all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor / Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira / Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.