Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo (827 Views)

I Wish Nigeria's Election Campaigns Show So Much Patriotism As This. / I Wish Nigeria Could Breakup. / Seriously, What Do You Wish Nigeria @ 52 ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by davidif: 2:22am On Oct 01, 2008
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on his return from Libya has wished Nigeria goodluck as the nation celebrates its 48 years of independence.

Skip to next paragraph

File
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

Obasanjo, who arrived aboard a Boeing 707 aircraft with registration number TZ-TAC at the presidentail lounge of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, said, “Libya was fine, it was nice travelling there to see my friend, Gaddafi. I wish Nigeria luck in its 48th independence anniversary.”

When journalists prodded him on his assessment of Nigeria since independence, Obasanjo simply said in Yoruba, “Ti ‘ lekun mi”, meaning “shut my door.”

He was accompanied on the trip by his former spokesman, Dr. Doyin Okupe, his childhood friend, Chief Femi Olapade, and his daughter, Ronke.

Obasanjo flew in about 4.40 pm, and shortly after alighting from the aircraft boarded a waiting GMC executive utility sports vehicle with registration number Lagos CV-48-APP.

Dressed in a cream buba and pair of trousers attire with a cap, the former president said, ” Barka de Sallah to you all. I wish Nigeria good luck in 48 years of independence.”

He waited in the car for a few minutes for his Nigerian passport to be stamped by immigration officials, before he rode in a four-car convoy out of the presidential lounge.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200810013404796
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by davidif: 2:22am On Oct 01, 2008
When journalists prodded him on his assessment of Nigeria since independence, Obasanjo simply said in Yoruba, “Ti ‘ lekun mi”, meaning “shut my door.”

he he he uncle sege is the man. grin grin grin
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by landis(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2008
This is a useless OBJ.

After ruining the country, he is now runing away from his own shadow.

Why was the question so difficult for him to say but instead ask for his car door to be closed.

I wonder on what ROAD he will be driving his GMC.
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by idupaul: 10:26am On Oct 01, 2008
naija wishes ronke well 2 grin grin grin grin na all of us go still de long afta baba has left
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by tumfulu: 10:29am On Oct 01, 2008
landis:

This is a useless OBJ.

After ruining the country, he is now runing away from his own shadow.

Why was the question so difficult for him to say but instead ask for his car door to be closed.

I wonder on what ROAD he will be driving his GMC.

All this just because the man no let you fok ronke him daughter, na wa for you o.
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by Eziachi: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2008
As long as Nigeria wishes you what you had contributed in making her to become. A waste of space!!!
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by bilymuse: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
the kind luck way you give us Yara-sick
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by davidif: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2008
That's all he can say?? luck?
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by chidichris(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2008
this one he is travelling with ronke, let them keep close eyes on him oooooooooooooooooo. i no for once trust the man when it comes to women issues.
i wonder what the fat fool will be thinking while he was in such a good place like libya.
Re: I Wish Nigeria Luck — Obasanjo by redsun(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2008
The man looks like real silver-back,ugly inwardly and outwardly.

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Done For Nigeria? / Foreigners Among N'delta Criminals, Says Military / Petition For Justice:uzoma Okere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.