Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,225 members, 7,839,188 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (923026 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Dec 07, 2020
richforever123:

It is Registered

2007 Toyota Camry

I don't know the service history, but I want to change the Oil, please provide an oil reccommendation

What engine size?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

What engine size?

It is a Toyota 2.7-liter engine, someone recommended I use Total Quartz 5000

Here is some more info I found about the engine

Engine oil weight 0W-20 (5W-20)
Engine oil capacity, liter 5.8 (6.1 qt)
Oil change interval, mile 6,000 (10,000 km) or 12 month

Thanks for your response
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2020
richforever123:

It is a Toyota 2.7-liter engine, someone recommended I use Total Quartz 5000

Here is some more info I found about the engine

Engine oil weight 0W-20 (5W-20)
Engine oil capacity, liter 5.8 (6.1 qt)
Oil change interval, mile 6,000 (10,000 km) or 12 month

Thanks for your response

If you do not have the engines oil change history. Safest thing to do is 20w50 . Total quarts 5000 is a good brand. 2000miles is safe oil drain interval for that oil type

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 12:30am On Dec 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

If you do not have the engines oil change history. Safest thing to do is 20w50 . Total quarts 5000 is a good brand. 2000miles is safe oil drain interval for that oil type

Thanks for your response, please attached is the image of the oil you are recommending, will buying just one 4L be enough or do I have to buy two?

Thanks again for your kind gesture

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jarkbauer: 5:33am On Dec 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Every engine either bad or good will produce steam/vapour at the tail pipe, which will be more obvious early in the morning because of the ambient temp and humidity.

Steam or water vapour is not a sign of a good engine.

If you compress humid air, you will get water vapour

Reminds me of my former car. Steamed today, started smoking tomorrow. Meanwhile my mechanic told me steam was a sign of good engine.��
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sirleke(m): 6:25am On Dec 08, 2020
jarkbauer:

Reminds me of my former car. Steamed today, started smoking tomorrow. Meanwhile my mechanic told me steam was a sign of good engine.��
they r set of clownz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

If you do not have the engines oil change history. Safest thing to do is 20w50 . Total quarts 5000 is a good brand 2000miles is safe oil drain interval for that oil type

Can someone using Mobil HXP 20w50 change to this without any issue coming up?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18am On Dec 08, 2020
seanfer:

Can someone using Mobil HXP 20w50 change to this without any issue coming up?

Technically same weight. So yes you can
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2020
Please i need your help, my brake becomes soft after driving for some minutes, what could be the problem, mechanic has not been able to solve the problem. Thanks
Modify : car model, Honda accord 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2020
juncheng:
Please i need your help, my brake becomes soft after driving for some minutes, what could be the problem, mechanic has not been able to solve the problem. Thanks

It's normal. That's how the brakes work in 2026 tesla model K which you own.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HooxJnr(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
juncheng:

Your description points to a falling master brake. kIndly get it checked.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
The mechanic has changed the master brake and bled the brake fluid
HooxJnr:

Your description points to a falling master brake. kIndly get it checked.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pukkaella: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
I need an advice.
I'm a female and I'm thinking of getting a car and signing up with Uber/bolt. What do I need to know, what's the best car to use, and how lucrative is the business, and what's the total money I'm to invest in it?

P.s I'll be driving the car myself.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Pukkaella:
I need an advice.
I'm a female and I'm thinking of getting a car and signing up with Uber/bolt. What do I need to know, what's the best car to use, and how lucrative is the business, and what's the total money I'm to invest in it?

P.s I'll be driving the car myself.

Make this post here.

There are over 100 active drivers on that thread they will guide you.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/3213

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pukkaella: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Make this post here.

There are over 100 active drivers on that thread they will guide you.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/3213

Oh okay. Very much appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by amordi: 6:26am On Dec 09, 2020
My ppl, I was told that they will need the Engine Number to fully register my Camry 2011. Pls where can I sight the engine no?, The one I saw was rejected. Secondly, is it compulsory?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 7:43am On Dec 09, 2020
amordi:
My ppl, I was told that they will need the Engine Number to fully register my Camry 2011. Pls where can I sight the engine no?, The one I saw was rejected. Secondly, is it compulsory?

It's compulsory, if you no want make police catch you say you steal the engine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by amordi: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2020
frebor:

It's compulsory, if you no want make police catch you say you steal the engine.
Thanks ...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Uyi213: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2020
How much can one ring Honda eod engine. Mechanic day bill me 50k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Cheatnotagain: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please what is the best engine oil for Honda Accord 2012 (130,000km)?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AbuAbdilllah(m): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
Good evening. Please what are the solutions to ABS and brake (writen in red) on dashboard. 06 Sienna. Thank you in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hello GAZZUZZ,

Thanks for your recommendation the other day,

I finally changed my engine oil and spark plus, it was done by a Kazeem

However, after he made the change, the car has not been the same, it refuses to start most of the time, even when it starts, it moves a few centimetres and stops and does not accelerate properly most of the time, I am so furious with this Kazeem because I just bought the car and have been using it for weeks without any single problems until he came to change the spark plugs and oil, I called him immediately and when he came, he was asking for 5000 to change the fuel pump, I had to order him out of my compound, I am looking to go DIY for now

Please what do you think the problem is

Maybe he didn't change the Spark Plug properly (please consider the fact that the car was working properly before the fool came to change the spark plugs) or the fuel pump is actually bad, where do I start this investigation from

Your suggestion will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
richforever123:
Hello GAZZUZZ,

Thanks for your recommendation the other day,

I finally changed my engine oil and spark plus, it was done by a Kazeem

However, after he made the change, the car has not been the same, it refuses to start most of the time, even when it starts, it moves a few centimetres and stops and does not accelerate properly most of the time, I am so furious with this Kazeem because I just bought the car and have been using it for weeks without any single problems until he came to change the spark plugs and oil, I called him immediately and when he came, he was asking for 5000 to change the fuel pump, I had to order him out of my compound, I am looking to go DIY for now

Please what do you think the problem is

Maybe he didn't change the Spark Plug properly (please consider the fact that the car was working properly before the fool came to change the spark plugs) or the fuel pump is actually bad, where do I start this investigation from

Your suggestion will be appreciated

Check the ignition oil connectors.

Possible damage causing wire bridging and short circuits.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Cheatnotagain: 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Good evening house,

Please what is the best engine oil for Honda Accord 2012 (130,000km)

Thank you in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
Cheatnotagain:
Good evening house,

Please what is the best engine oil for Honda Accord 2012 (130,000km)

Thank you in advance

What have you been using?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

What have you been using?

grin grin epic

so predictable
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
inze:

grin grin epic

so predictable

The answer starts from there .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phils: 3:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Hello Gurus,

Please what is the best engine oil to use on a Toks Toyota Camry 2010, 2.5L 2AR-FE I4 engine? With mileage of about 145k.

Is it adviceable to immediately change the ATF/gear oil? What is the best oil to use?

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2020
Phils:
Hello Gurus,

Please what is the best engine oil to use on a Toks Toyota Camry 2010, 2.5L 2AR-FE I4 engine? With mileage of about 145k.

Is it adviceable to immediately change the ATF/gear oil? What is the best oil to use?

Thank you.
mobil 1 or pennzoil 0W-20...check ur engine oil cover is usually written der,let ur mechanic check d gear oil if its due for change(right gear oil is toyota type WS)....i change mine once it landed naija didnt even ask any mechanic to check,cus i wot'd to track its usage myself.....gudluck...contact dru23 for ur quality oil.....got dis frm dru23 when my toks arrived

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phils: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2020
melviniyke2002:
mobil 1 or pennzoil 0W-20...check ur engine oil cover is usually written der,let ur mechanic check d gear oil if its due for change(right gear oil is toyota type WS)....i change mine once it landed naija didnt even ask any mechanic to check,cus i wot'd to track its usage myself.....gudluck...contact dru23 for ur quality oil.....

Thank you very much.

Noticed Mobil 1 is in variants. Which specific one will be preferable?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2020
Phils:
Hello Gurus,

Thank you.

Toyota gives a variation of engine oils to use, based on ambient temperature.

My recommendation is 5w30 and not 0w20.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.