Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915039 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
I have a situation please, my radiator cap was opened for top up this morning an I forgot to cover it after. The car was driven from ajah to Lekki and back for church. Was heading to the mainland frm ajah about 1hr ago when I noticed the temperature gauge was in the red zone so I parked. That's when I saw I didn't replace the radiator cap and its lost. I topped up with water and continued my trip keeping an eye on the temp gauge. The gauge was in red again when I was on carter bridge but it went back to normal while I was looking for a safe sport to park. Same thing happened like 4 times before I got to home. What does the gauge fluctuation mean? Should I be worried?
NB: radiator cap will be replaced tomorrow
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tutuwater(m): 5:56am On Apr 11, 2016
Morning oga Gazzuzz Abeg I dey consider an Audi A6 advertised on nairaland. Please help me with your opinion on the car https://www.nairaland.com/3035668/reg.2003-audi-a64plugsmanuala-c-perfect#44500897.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
blackfm:
I have a situation please, my radiator cap was opened for top up this morning an I forgot to cover it after. The car was driven from ajah to Lekki and back for church. Was heading to the mainland frm ajah about 1hr ago when I noticed the temperature gauge was in the red zone so I parked. That's when I saw I didn't replace the radiator cap and its lost. I topped up with water and continued my trip keeping an eye on the temp gauge. The gauge was in red again when I was on carter bridge but it went back to normal while I was looking for a safe sport to park. Same thing happened like 4 times before I got to home. What does the gauge fluctuation mean? Should I be worried?

close your eyes lets say a prayer.

Dear Lord,
help blackfm, his car should not develop cracks or warped cylinder. At worst case scenario, may it only be the gasket that's burnt.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stancity(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
kingreign:

Dear Lord,
help blackfm, his car should not develop cracks or warped cylinder. At worst case scenario, may it only be the gasket that's burnt.

Amen.
Amen ooo...

Bro have you launched the Avalon
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Stancity:
Amen ooo...
Bro have you launched the Avalon
im still looking for it. U got any registered 2014 avalon limited for me?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
blackfm:

[color=#0000]just saw this, how did it go this morning? We're u licky?[/color]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stancity(m): 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
kingreign:

im still looking for it. U got any registered 2014 avalon limited for me?
Hehehehe.... grin grin grin

From 2001 t0 02, from 02 to 04, from 04 to 2014 now... Bro connect me make i follow you make quick money naw, biko... wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by billyG(m): 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I change at 60,000 miles
60,000miles will b like 3yrs fo me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 8:16am On Apr 12, 2016
Lol. I sure hope none of these happened. It runs and drives for now. It was vibrating this morning though as if it is relearning
kingreign:

Dear Lord,

Amen.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2016
Good Morning Gazzuz and Kingreign , i want to buy my first car, my Budget is 800k, someone is offering me a clean honda accord (Baby boy) I4 engine, Automatic transmission, leather seats and some other good features. Honestly i have never considered honda when window shopping for cars, because all the ppl i know that use honda cars complain like mad. Please which car can i afford with this budget?
PS. The guy selling lives at ogba and i am suppose to head there to inspect the vehicle with my mechanic (am yet to get one) who will also scan for any internal error.
Please your feedback will be very helpful.

MY BBM Pin is 559043f5 , Whatsapp-08061303796 Yusuf is my name.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olisa4all: 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
jimihendrix:
Good Morning Gazzuz and Kingreign , i want to buy my first car, my Budget is 800k, someone is offering me a clean honda accord (Baby boy) I4 engine, Automatic transmission, leather seats and some other good features. Honestly i have never considered honda when window shopping for cars, because all the ppl i know that use honda cars complain like mad. Please which car can i afford with this budget?
PS. The guy selling lives at ogba and i am suppose to head there to inspect the vehicle with my mechanic (am yet to get one) who will also scan for any internal error.

Aren't these model prone to Transmission issues?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
jimihendrix:

my workshop is close to ogba, bring the vehicle and I will inspect for free.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
@Gazzuzz please this needs ur attention.
My Honda Accord 1998 i4 has rust issues. Iv tried to work on the ones I can. I travelled to the east with it and encountered many potholes. Now I just entered smal chain gallop in Bariga and my rear left tire bent inside and was rubbing the shock absober. Found out something that looks like tie-rod broke inside due to rust. Pls, see the pics and advice

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
ukata16:
@Gazzuzz please this needs ur attention.
My Honda Accord 1998 i4 has rust issues. Iv tried to work on the ones I can. I travelled to the east with it and encountered many potholes. Now I just entered smal chain gallop in Bariga and my rear left tire bent inside and was rubbing the shock absober. Found out something that looks like tie-rod broke inside due to rust. Pls, see the pics and advice

it is fixable, you will need to consult a very good panel beater and a mechanic. Cars with extreem underbody rust cases should be scrapped.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it is fixable, you will need to consult a very good panel beater and a mechanic. Cars with extreem underbody rust cases should be scrapped.
Thanks boss, I will get to that tomorrow. I'm stuck with the car for now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=44639390]

my workshop is close to ogba, bring the vehicle and I will inspect for free.[/quote

Thank you very much gazz. If the car is still available by Saturday I will bring it to your shop.

Please how do I contact you and what is the address of your workshop in ogba.

Thanks again
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fanex: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
hello GAZZUZZ

could you give me an hint as to why my air conditioner will cut off in traffic usually heavy traffic. the AC begins work normally again the moment the car gets out of traffic and begins to breath well again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
fanex:
hello GAZZUZZ

could you give me an hint as to why my air conditioner will cut off in traffic usually heavy traffic. the AC begins work normally again the moment the car gets out of traffic and begins to breath well again.

loaw charge (low gas) faulty compressor, faulty cooling fan.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obitryce(m): 9:12am On Apr 14, 2016
@fanex, had same issue some yrs back in my car, blows hot air and temperature rises when in a slow moving traffic but becomes normal when out of traffic. Had my radiator changed to a double cell and it stopped.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fanex: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2016
i was on youtube early and people say its faulty condenser fan... it is an easy fix?

GAZZUZZ:

loaw charge (low gas) faulty compressor, faulty cooling fan.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lincolnola: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2016
Dear Gazzuzz,

I had a very bad hesitation and loss of power especially when the car jst covered short distance. Different shoe makers in Mechanics and rewires clothing were just fingering my highlander without solutions.They were guessing I should change plugs or coils or air flow meter.Until I met one rewire that scanned and said I should change the O2 sensor under the car.I did that,I was expecting the check engine light to go off immediately but not,I had to remove the EFI fuse and viola,it went off.

My questions are these:

1.Did I do the right thing by removing the fuse?
2.Could the removal wipe off any pulse width programme on the injectors?
3.How do I know that all is well now,as the CEL hasn't come up over a week now and the stalling and hesitation all gone too
4.Is it normal to feel a little drag when ascending a steep?
THANKS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2016
lincolnola:
Dear Gazzuzz,

I had a very bad hesitation and loss of power especially when the car jst covered short distance. Different shoe makers in Mechanics and rewires clothing were just fingering my highlander without solutions.They were guessing I should change plugs or coils or air flow meter.Until I met one rewire that scanned and said I should change the O2 sensor under the car.I did that,I was expecting the check engine light to go off immediately but not,I had to remove the EFI fuse and viola,it went off.

My questions are these:

1.Did I do the right thing by removing the fuse?
2.Could the removal wipe off any pulse width programme on the injectors?
3.How do I know that all is well now,as the CEL hasn't come up over a week now and the stalling and hesitation all gone too
4.Is it normal to feel a little drag when ascending a steep?
THANKS

1week without cell? Your problem is solved. Removing the ecm fuse or disconnecting battery, deletes the stored errors on most vehicles. (not all) O2 sensors are very quick to throw codes and if you don't have a code after a week of driving then your problem has been solved.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2016
fanex:
i was on youtube early and people say its faulty condenser fan... it is an easy fix?

did youtube show you how to identify a failing condenser fan? undecided self medication is good but don't rush to conclusions. I would expect you would identify the culprit ON YOUR VEHICLE.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fanex: 10:43am On Apr 14, 2016
No it didnt.

do you deal with AC in your workshop. i am sending my driver out there today to ascertain the the main culprit. it s a 2013 corolla.

GAZZUZZ:

did youtube show you how to identify a failing condenser fan? undecided self medication is good but don't rush to conclusions. I would expect you would identify the culprit ON YOUR VEHICLE.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

Permission to address you as General Gazzuzz Sir. I have 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer; I did oil(5W30) change and the Mechanic almost emptied the entire 5 litres into the engine( 4.3 ). Now, the oil spills and the same Mechanic says it comes from the oil seal between the gear box and engine and the engine must be "dropped" . I am quite scared of the unintended consequences that usually greet "dropping" of an otherwise healthy engine. General Gazzuzz, is there any other way of solving that spill without resorting to dismantling of the engine ?

Many thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fanex: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
drain and replace the oil with the correct quatity. often some oils get lose their thickness with almost the same consistency as water. the oil often leak under this circumstances.

treatise:

Permission to address you as General Gazzuzz Sir. I have 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer; I did oil(5W30) change and the Mechanic almost emptied the entire 5 litres into the engine( 4.3 ). Now, the oil spills and the same Mechanic says it comes from the oils seal between the gear box and engine and the engine must be "dropped" . I am quite scared of the unintended consequences that usually greet "dropping" of an otherwise healthy engine. General Gazzuzz, is there any other way of solving that spill without resorting dismantling of the engine ?

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by treatise: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
[quote author=fanex post=44696097]drain and replace the oil with the correct quatity. often some oils get lose their thickness with almost the same consistency as water. the oil often leak under this circumstances.

Thanks a million Fanex, I effected the oil change in the evening yesterday; I will monitor the situation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by pablosesneros: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Good day doc.How much can I buy charcoal canister for my Toyota corolla 2003 model.Cos I have d car scanned with error codes p0440,p0441 and p0446. Thanks for your usual supports and assistance .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
fanex:
No it didnt.

do you deal with AC in your workshop. i am sending my driver out there today to ascertain the the main culprit. it s a 2013 corolla.

A 2013 corrola will have only 1 cooling can. I doubt the problem is the fan.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ramdris(m): 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The gurus in the house, please enlighten me on the merit and demerit of the letter "C" in car tyre size rating. Normally the size of my tyre is P205/65R15 but my supplier brought me new tyres 2 of which were carrying the "C" symbol. Just want to know if it is safe for me to use or not. Presently, I asked the vulcanizer to use it as the rear tyres. Am driving EOD' 05 edition.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
ramdris:

The gurus in the house, please enlighten me on the merit and demerit of the letter "C" in car tyre size rating. Normally the size of my tyre is P205/65R15 but my supplier brought me new tyres 2 of which were carrying the "C" symbol. Just want to know if it is safe for me to use or not. Presently, I asked the vulcanizer to use it as the rear tyres. Am driving EOD' 05 edition.

Thank you

Tire code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Load range
Load range on light truck tires indicates ply rating and load pressure (PSI). Tire pressure is also measured in kilopascals or bars. 1 psi is equal to 6.895 kPa. 100 kilopascals is equivalent to one bar. Therefore, 300 kPa is equivalent to 44 psi. Load Range
Load Range Ply Rating Load Pressure (PSI)
B 4 35
C 6 50
D 8 65
E 10 80
F 12 95
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
pablosesneros:
Good day doc.How much can I buy charcoal canister for my Toyota corolla 2003 model.Cos I have d car scanned with error codes p0440,p0441 and p0446. Thanks for your usual supports and assistance .

I have no idea sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: nurey(m), femarse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.