Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (971703 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
treatise:

Permission to address you as General Gazzuzz Sir. I have 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer; I did oil(5W30) change and the Mechanic almost emptied the entire 5 litres into the engine( 4.3 ). Now, the oil spills and the same Mechanic says it comes from the oil seal between the gear box and engine and the engine must be "dropped" . I am quite scared of the unintended consequences that usually greet "dropping" of an otherwise healthy engine. General Gazzuzz, is there any other way of solving that spill without resorting to dismantling of the engine ?

Many thanks.

you might be lucky and there will be no damage to the oil seals, I have seen leaks like that lots of times due to over fill. Just observe every day.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2016
My Ogas in the House.....

My Toyota Camry 1996 is giving me cause for worry... when you select the 'D' while accelerating the gear doesn't change, you will notice its just that gear it doesn't respond per acceleration. please what could be the fault?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fanex: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2016
wow i thought the corolla had another fan.

i noticed the engine engages the fan more frequently than my other corolla. i mean the fan is almost constantly on with little intervals.
i read your write up on thermostat i doubt its a rogue thermostat. what could be the cause?

could you send me your details. i will like to visit your workshop if possible.

GAZZUZZ:

A 2013 corrola will have only 1 cooling can. I doubt the problem is the fan.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by akonfe7(m): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Oga Gazzuzz,
I have read this thread from the beginning to the last page. The degree of your openness and selflessness is unrivalled. I know God will certainly reward you for your selflessness. Keep up the good work for your type is really very RARE.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by princemillla(m): 6:33am On Apr 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#0000]just saw this, how did it go this morning? We're u licky?[/color]

My Oga, what's your take on ssl liquid in the fuel tank. Is it advisable to use.

Pls advice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22am On Apr 20, 2016
princemillla:

My Oga, what's your take on ssl liquid in the fuel tank. Is it advisable to use.

Pls advice

have no idea what that is.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwanoni: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2016
@GAZZUZZ

I would definitely be coming to your workshop next week, I am yet to have my vehicle papers, can move around, my brakes makes the swishing sound, and the noise on both front wheels persist, lastly my AC stopped working after gas was topped-up and technicians says condensers is bad.

If can fix all the above I intend to repaint the vechicle soonest .... grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42am On Apr 20, 2016
oluwanoni:
@GAZZUZZ

I would definitely be coming to your workshop next week, I am yet to have my vehicle papers, can move around, my brakes makes the swishing sound, and the noise on both front wheels persist, lastly my AC stopped working after gas was topped-up and technicians says condensers is bad.

If can fix all the above I intend to repaint the vechicle soonest .... grin

what type of vehicle is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwanoni: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what type of vehicle is it?
Toyota corolla 1999, or u have specifics u handle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gbolly707(m): 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
Oga Gazzuzz and co, i drive a toyota camry 2000 ce and i have been all about preventive maintenance.i have been servicing the car as at when due and all that but i noticed an issue recently with the throttle. Sometimes when i press the throttle it does not respond only for it to pick up suddenly. Sometimes i feel there is something stuck in it but when i physically inspect it there is nothing there.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
oluwanoni:

Toyota corolla 1999, or u have specifics u handle.

this is a good product, no headache. When you are ready let me know. There are evil cars out there one has to be careful:[size=1pt]mitsubishi and GDI wahala, nissan maxima 04-07, landrover freelader....[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by depair: 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
my nissan pathfinder 2001 model V6 cranks but will not start. called a mechanic to check it he said its electrical fault, got an auto electrician to check it no headway.
I decided to scan it and got the following codes
P1111, P1446, P0455, P1448, P1490, P0466, P1610, P1612, P1131, P0464, P1110.
Note car only cranks but would not start
checked all fuse n seems good to best of my knowledge.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fitzfrankses7(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
Oga GAZZUZZ please help me oo! My CRV 1999 has been thirsty since after I changed both rear camber bushings and welded the exhaust pipe. Please what should I do to curb the thirst?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
fitzfrankses7:
Oga GAZZUZZ please help me oo! My CRV 1999 has been thirsty since after I changed both rear camber bushings and welded the exhaust pipe. Please what should I do to curb the thirst?

in most cases panel beater cuts the O2 sensor by accident, and you are left with a fuel guzzler.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
depair:
my nissan pathfinder 2001 model V6 cranks but will not start. called a mechanic to check it he said its electrical fault, got an auto electrician to check it no headway.
I decided to scan it and got the following codes
P1111, P1446, P0455, P1448, P1490, P0466, P1610, P1612, P1131, P0464, P1110.
Note car only cranks but would not start
checked all fuse n seems good to best of my knowledge.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fitzfrankses7(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

in most cases panel beater cuts the O2 sensor by accident, and you are left with a fuel guzzler.
If that's the case, what should I do? Can the sensor be fixed or would it be just replaced?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
fitzfrankses7:

If that's the case, what should I do? Can the sensor be fixed or would it be just replaced?

scan vehicle, post codes here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sholarb(m): 10:57am On Apr 22, 2016
Sir Gazzuzz, I drive a 2008 honda civic (brought brand new in Naija). Recommended ATF in the car manual says Honda ATF-Z1. From what i read on this forum Honda ATF-Z1 is no longer in production. What is my best alternative??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2016
sholarb:
Sir Gazzuzz, I drive a 2008 honda civic (brought brand new in Naija). Recommended ATF in the car manual says Honda ATF-Z1. From what i read on this forum Honda ATF-Z1 is no longer in production. What is my best alternative??

DW1, I have in stock. 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tojahh(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sir Gazzuzz and all the Gurus

please it is advisable for someone to drive an auto transmission for a Journey of 6-7 hrs (When the gear doesn't select). Please whats the effect is theres any..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
tojahh:
Sir Gazzuzz and all the Gurus

please it is advisable for someone to drive an auto transmission for a Journey of 6-7 hrs (When the gear doesn't select). Please whats the effect is theres any..
tongue

not a good idea. You could engine could burn out. Of friction plates could ware out or both.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwanoni: 9:35pm On May 01, 2016
@Gazzuzz and gurus, recently I was able to clear all codes on my car but when the AC was fixed again, it felt light an heavy load on the engine, the vibrations are over the top(wasn't that way before the compressor was changed, except when in motion,

I have wanted to come over to your workshop, but I have been busy, The AC as been trial and error.

Compressor was changed, cools only during morning/evenings, The AC technician says its a mechanic issue(vibrating engine)...its a Toyota corolla 1999(maybe if I can bring to your workshop Thursday this week.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17am On May 02, 2016
oluwanoni:
@Gazzuzz and gurus, recently I was able to clear all codes on my car but when the AC was fixed again, it felt light an heavy load on the engine, the vibrations are over the top(wasn't that way before the compressor was changed, except when in motion,

I have wanted to come over to your workshop, but I have been busy, The AC as been trial and error.

Compressor was changed, cools only during morning/evenings, The AC technician says its a mechanic issue(vibrating engine)...its a Toyota corolla 1999(maybe if I can bring to your workshop Thursday this week.

the replacement compressor, was it an exact match? Does the a.c start up from the original button, or is there a special after. Market button for it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwanoni: 8:27am On May 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

the replacement compressor, was it an exact match? Does the a.c start up from the original button, or is there a special after. Market button for it?

I think its a match, but I am not sure, it dosent start from the original button, the rewire had to bypass the wiring(got burnt before), if I switch on the fan it comes on without pressing the AC button..or could the refigrant be over charged.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39am On May 02, 2016
oluwanoni:

I think its a match, but I am not sure, it dosent start from the original button, the rewire had to bypass the wiring(got burnt before), if I switch on the fan it comes on without pressing the AC button..or could the refigrant be over charged.

problem located the engine ecu, usually compensates for the a.c load by slightly increasing rpm when the a.c is turned on, unfortunately the engine ecu is unaware the a.c has been turned on and that causes the vibrations you are getting.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fitzfrankses7(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

scan vehicle, post codes here.
Thanks Gazzuzz I just scanned and P0135 and P1337 were the error codes that popped up.
Please Gazzuzz, can you educate me about Infinity Q35 2002 model-cost, maintenance, availability of replacement parts, common problems etc. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 5:36pm On May 02, 2016
Oga luvinhubby, Gazzuzz, and other gurus please help!
I think somebody wants to ripe off my niece with this outrageous prices of parts. Her car a Toyota Yaris 2008 model overheated two days ago and I adviced her to take it to a good car mechanic with diagnostic tool to ascertain the root a cause of the problem. She did that today and the mechanic after scanning(though did not tell/write the code)her car gave her this bill of estimates as things to be replaced.
Am not a Toyota user but I think this bill is way overboard. And why recommend changing of valve seals, top gasket and refacing of cylinder head at a go when that was the first time the car overheated.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:41pm On May 02, 2016
arduino:
Oga luvinhubby, Gazzuzz, and other gurus please help!
I think somebody wants to ripe off my niece with this outrageous prices of parts. Her car a Toyota Yaris 2008 model overheated two days ago and I adviced her to take it to a good car mechanic with diagnostic tool to ascertain the root a cause of the problem. She did that today and the mechanic after scanning(though did not tell/write the code)her car gave her this bill of estimates as things to be replaced.
Am not a Toyota user but I think this bill is way overboard. And why recommend changing of valve seals, top gasket and refacing of cylinder head at a go when that was the first time the car overheated.

what was the cause of the overheating? Does the car work well after the overheating? What are the current symptoms?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 9:14pm On May 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what was the cause of the overheating? Does the car work well after the overheating? What are the current symptoms?
No one knows. I was made to understand that she went to gwagwalada(hottest part of Abuja in terms of weather) and the car overheated mid way on her way back to town.
The radiator fan(single cell) revolves well as confirmed by the mechanic but he recommended a double cell radiator fan from his estimates though.
She said the car does not bring out any white smoke and that there are no leaks/shortages of coolant or engine oil.
She has also been driving the car after the incident and it has not overheated again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55pm On May 02, 2016
arduino:

No one knows. I was made to understand that she went to gwagwalada(hottest part of Abuja in terms of weather) and the car overheated mid way on her way back to town.
The radiator fan(single cell) revolves well as confirmed by the mechanic but he recommended a double cell radiator fan from his estimates though.
She said the car does not bring out any white smoke and that there are no leaks/shortages of coolant or engine oil.
She has also been driving the car after the incident and it has not overheated again.

get a 2nd opinion mike abj 08111433883
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:44am On May 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Ngood morning chief, I lost that number. My mtn is still available 07034581213.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 6:58am On May 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

ok. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (519) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: duos and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.