Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (927789 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2022
Godsown0:
What gear oil can i use for my hyundai accent 2012, my gear refuses to shift again and hardly moving while on stil, u recently use Martex ATF gear oil which i was told its not the right oil to ise that it has affected my car system. Gazzuzz i nid a reply pls sir

Explain the driveability issues you have
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tunnamaniah(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2022
I have an 08 accord with an immobilizer issue; the car will crank but the immobilizer(green) light will flash multiple times and the car will not start. I contacted a locksmith that reprogrammed the keys, but the problem still persisted. It will start intermittently, but most of the time... The light will flash and the car will refuse to start. I need direction, I am in abeokuta, incase you have anyone you can recommend
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 7:44pm On May 14, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Explain the driveability issues you have
Thanks for the reply sir. Anytime i start up my engine and i shift the gear from park to Drive, it will make a shift shock and won’t be able to move especially on a high ground. Sometimes it selects normal but after a minute drive or after applying the brake the shift shock will be heard and my gear won’t shift from 3
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2022
Godsown0:

Thanks for the reply sir. Anytime i start up my engine and i shift the gear from park to Drive, it will make a shift shock and won’t be able to move especially on a high ground. Sometimes it selects normal but after a minute drive or after applying the brake the shift shock will be heard and my gear won’t shift from 3

Replace engine ecu (also transmission ecu) .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 10:09pm On May 14, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine ecu (also transmission ecu) .
How much can that be sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 10:49pm On May 14, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

commrade make you de talk true.... Unavailability of?

5w30 Mobil1 is available

Here in ilorin, its hard to come by
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Prymestrr(m): 5:51pm On May 16, 2022
Good evening guys. So I turned on my car this evening and noticed white smoke and spurts of oil coming out from exhaust. Please could this mean and how can it be resolved?

cc: Gazzuzz, Deportivo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Odemok(m): 9:34am On May 17, 2022
Hello house, please kindly advise... I changed all four shocks on my es330 but I am still getting and hearing some shaky and cranking noise whenever i enter potholes or gallop. What is the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2022
Odemok:
Hello house, please kindly advise... I changed all four shocks on my es330 but I am still getting and hearing some shaky and cranking noise whenever i enter potholes or gallop. What is the cause?

A car at this age, I would check all rubber suspension bushings .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kieseni: 1:35pm On May 17, 2022
[img][/img] Good afternoon Gazzuzz, My RX350 has been having issues. Steering has stiff while turning, steering rack has been changed, but the issues still barely exists. The engine also misfires, check engine light is on. So i decided to scan it. I have a small ELM 327 device. This is the result. I looked up the solutions and honestly, i still have some issues.

Sir, what do you advice?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 9:48pm On May 17, 2022
Good evening house, please I have an urgent issue that needed urgent attention.
I noticed there's an oil leak in my car , I wasn't sure at first but I finally checked underneath the protector today and I noticed the oil is actually leaking

Here comes my problem, I took it to my mechanic and explained the issued with my Car, after checking for hours, he wasn't able to find where the leakage is coming from
2. So, he opened the bonnet , and check every part until he said the oil might be leaking from the Turbo side, note, he wasn't sure and he had to call someone to seek their opinion about it. The next thing the person said was my turbo is spoilt, like how ( note , the person diagnosed on phone, like he wasn't present)

3. Note. The car still works fine, just the ony issues is where to check for oil leakage , they're talking as if buying a new turbo engine is beans
Please, what can I do ..
The car works fine , the speed and everything is okay , just the oil leaking part , that's giving me concern,
Please what did you suggest I do @Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On May 18, 2022
Dahreformer2666:
I noticed there's an oil leak in my car , I wasn't sure at first but I finally checked underneath the protector today and I noticed the oil is actually leaking

Here comes my problem, I took it to my mechanic and explained the issued with my Car, after checking for hours, he wasn't able to find where the leakage is coming from
2. So, he opened the bonnet , and check every part until he said the oil might be leaking from the Turbo side, note, he wasn't sure and he had to call someone to seek their opinion about it. The next thing the person said was my turbo is spoilt, like how ( note , the person diagnosed on phone, like he wasn't present)

3. Note. The car still works fine, just the ony issues is where to check for oil leakage , they're talking as if buying a new turbo engine is beans
Please, what can I do ..
The car works fine , the speed and everything is okay , just the oil leaking part , that's giving me concern,

I cannot remotely help with the very limited information you have provided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sKeetz(m): 12:44pm On May 18, 2022
dru23:

Yes it is advisable to do so. You can change to any brand you wish.. The most important thing is the viscosity, not the brand......

We do have the following...........

1. Pennzoil 5w30..... Very good this is very popular with Rx350 Lexus owners .....25k ......luxury oil for luxury cars.....

2. Mobil 1 Extended Performance.....27k ......compare to others that sell above 30k

3. Castrol Magnatec ........23k ..............

Give us call to place ur order. 09019171592

Boss what do you recommend for a lexus is250?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 12:56pm On May 18, 2022
Dahreformer2666:

Please, what can I do ..
What make, model, year, engine and trans type etc.
Maybe oga at the top go fit help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 6:56pm On May 18, 2022
sKeetz:

Boss what do you recommend for a lexus is250?

Those are nice cars .. Depending on the year 5w30
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tunnamaniah(m): 7:37pm On May 18, 2022
These are the error codes I'm getting, the rewire changed the brainbox, the problem went away and returned
tunnamaniah:
I have an 08 accord with an immobilizer issue; the car will crank but the immobilizer(green) light will flash multiple times and the car will not start. I contacted a locksmith that reprogrammed the keys, but the problem still persisted. It will start intermittently, but most of the time... The light will flash and the car will refuse to start. I need direction, I am in abeokuta, incase you have anyone you can recommend

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hybekay500(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2022
Good day Oga Gazzuzz,I'm new here and pardon me if this is not on the right section...
Just got a Nigerian used ES300 Lexus last month and I noticed it jerks when it when it changes from gear 1 to 2 but other gears select perfectly... Please what do you suggest it's the problem and what can I do

CC:: Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sKeetz(m): 12:38pm On May 19, 2022
dru23:

Those are nice cars .. Depending on the year 5w30

It's a 2012. Can I order? I'm in the island ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:43pm On May 19, 2022
Hybekay500:
Good day Oga Gazzuzz,I'm new here and pardon me if this is not on the right section...
Just got a Nigerian used ES300 Lexus last month and I noticed it jerks when it when it changes from gear 1 to 2 but other gears select perfectly... Please what do you suggest it's the problem and what can I do

CC:: Gazzuzz

Ask your mechanic to check if the gear is 5pin by 8 pin or 10pin gear

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by anthoneg: 2:50pm On May 19, 2022
Had similar issue on my 2007 civic last year. Started when I had a burnt gasket. After fixing the gasket was when I noticed the temperature gauge was Abit higher than it used to be. Then after driving for an hour and above I noticed the engine gets too hot. The water in radiator starts boiling. It happens that if I don't turnoff the engine and leave the car to cool for atleast an hour, the car would off itself and nothing on Earth will get it to starts again until after 12hrs or more. Infact a fee times iv had to leave the car on the road side till the following day. Different mechanics chop my money tire. Until one told me to replace the Water pump. I bought a tokumbo one for 5K. Na so I fix am everything return to normal oo. Since then I've travelled from Abuja to Kano and back 3times without any issue.

Going by my experience, perhaps you might want to check your water pump.

juniorrate:

am also having this issue of water in Radiator reserve start to boil heavily after 1hrs drive in my Toyota camry 09, incase u fixed your, try to update us

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by anthoneg: 2:54pm On May 19, 2022
Had similar issue on my 2007 civic last year. Started when I had a burnt gasket. After fixing the gasket was when I noticed the temperature gauge was Abit higher than it used to be. Then after driving for an hour and above I noticed the engine gets too hot. The water in radiator starts boiling. It happens that if I don't turnoff the engine and leave the car to cool for atleast an hour, the car would off itself and nothing on Earth will get it to starts again until after 12hrs or more. Infact a fee times iv had to leave the car on the road side till the following day. Different mechanics chop my money tire. Until one told me to replace the Water pump. I bought a tokumbo one for 5K. Na so I fix am everything return to normal oo. Since then I've travelled from Abuja to Kano and back 3times without any issue.

Going by my experience, perhaps you might want to check your water pump

smestudio:
Good evening Auto genius,

Kindly advice on what to do with these issues.
1. My neighbors Honda Civic 2010 leaks Power Steering fluid. I Have to top it about once a week, else it will empty and Steering wheel becomes hard to turn. What might be the issue?

2. Honda Accord 2009, after long distance say another 90mins plus drive in hot sun, water in Radiator reserve start to boil heavily. If I drive less than 90mins, I can also fear the Engine Heat under the Steering wheel. What might the issue be? Fans works well. Radiator not leaking. Car has Thermostat

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 4:34pm On May 19, 2022
Hello boss, my es350 rear tire slightly seems to be bent inward
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:25pm On May 19, 2022
bastien:
Hello boss, my es350 rear tire slightly seems to be bent inward

post a pic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2022
Thank you Gazzuzz for all you do here

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46pm On May 19, 2022
MrAmaechi:
Thank you Gazzuzz for all you do here

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 8:20pm On May 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

post a pic
sorry for the delay boss, thanks for your reply, pic below

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by iliyande(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2022
Gazzuzz, please what type of atf can I use in opel 3.2 v6 engine 04
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by braveheart77: 8:52am On May 22, 2022
How do I determine when it’s time to service my car? A basic question I know
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2022
bastien:
sorry for the delay boss, thanks for your reply, pic below

Wrong rear struts installed previously.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2022
braveheart77:
How do I determine when it’s time to service my car? A basic question I know
drive for 3k miles or 5k kms or for three months (whichever comes first) from your last service

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.