Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,835 members, 7,851,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (928185 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2022
samuelson06:

Sounds like a battery problem. To test, disconnect the battery in the evening and observe the car the following morning.

I have tried that, but seems worse that day.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2022
Good day car gurus in the house.

I noticed of recent that when I first start my Corolla 2009 every morning, it struggles to start or will I say it makes a cranky start. But after that first time, it balances and becomes ok, until I park it for hours or the next morning again.

Pls what could be the problem of that cranky start
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by earthlymichael: 4:08pm On May 22, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 9:19am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Wrong rear struts installed previously.
good morning sir, thanks for the swift reply! I appreciate

Pls sir what’s the solution to these codes after I scanned my car yesterday morning

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2022
bastien:
good morning sir, thanks for the swift reply! I appreciate

Pls sir what’s the solution to these codes after I scanned my car yesterday morning

No catalyst.

Replace both catalyst on engine manifold
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45am On May 23, 2022
jinka:

I noticed of recent that when I first start my Corolla 2009 every morning, it struggles to start or will I say it makes a cranky start. But after that first time, it balances and becomes ok, until I park it for hours or the next morning again.

Fuel pressure or poor engine compression.

Remote diagnosis not possible

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 11:16am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Fuel pressure or poor engine compression.

Remote diagnosis not possible

Good morning sir.

Recently got a toks 05 Corolla. Noticed that once I engage the gear in drive, except I'm accelerating, the car jerks a bit. This happens more when I'm in a traffic. It stops once I disengage drive to either N or P.

I was advised to use an injector cleaner by a mechanic. Did and noticed the Jerking reduced considerably. Howeve, problem would increase after a while.

I've bought 3 injector cleaners in the last 3 weeks but this hasn't stopped.

Please what could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2022
Tomjazzy2:

Good morning sir.

Recently got a toks 05 Corolla. Noticed that once I engage the gear in drive, except I'm accelerating, the car jerks a bit. This happens more when I'm in a traffic. It stops once I disengage drive to either N or P.

I was advised to use an injector cleaner by a mechanic. Did and noticed the Jerking reduced considerably. Howeve, problem would increase after a while.

Change the mechanic.

Corolla is the easiest vehicle to diagnose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 11:38am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Change the mechanic.

Corolla is the easiest vehicle to diagnose

Noted.

No possible remote diagnosis on this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2022
Tomjazzy2:

Good morning sir.

a pic of the engine bay pls

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 3:47pm On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Will share once I get back to town sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EndiaSami: 4:28pm On May 23, 2022
Greetings

I have an issue with my 2008 Toyota Sienna. The power window operates perfectly when the vehicle is off and that seem to be affecting my battery. The drivers window all passengers window works even when the vehicle is Off hours after.
Please advice me on how to go about solving this issue. Thanks
cc. Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RedChair: 6:45pm On May 23, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2022
EndiaSami:
Greetings

I have an issue with my 2008 Toyota Sienna. The power window operates perfectly when the vehicle is off and that seem to be affecting my battery. The drivers window all passengers window works even when the vehicle is Off hours after.
Please advice me on how to go about solving this issue. Thanks
cc. Gazzuzz

Remote diagnosis not possible.This is an abuse the the vehicle wiring that has to be undone.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EndiaSami: 7:56pm On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Remote diagnosis not possible.This is an abuse the the vehicle wiring that has to be undone.

Thanks oga Gazzuzz. Please Recommend a professional to help me solve it. Or how do I go about solving the issue
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bastien: 9:34pm On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

No catalyst.

Replace both catalyst on engine manifold
thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 9:54pm On May 23, 2022
So!!! What I have for you today, Brabus, that Benz tuner brand that Nigerian big people like to use to oppress, they launched 4 cars last week and they’re not here to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQJXhh-Rjg

Imagine a Brabus Porsche & Rolls-Royce. Yep, I talked about each of them briefly in this video. The numbers are wildling!!! Oya, use the video to relax or hold body this night. Sha don’t go and buy fake one ohh... that’s why I’m here.
Oya subscribe, like the video and tell all your “peoples” to do the same
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 11:02am On May 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Here sir.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2022
Tomjazzy2:

Here sir.

As I thought.

It is a 2003/4. Not a 2005

It's a simple problem. Call Me on video and we will fix it together

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by automine(m): 12:57pm On May 24, 2022
Nigerian used 2005 Toyota Camry for sale

Transmission - Automatic
Fuel - Petrol
Colour - Green
Drive Train - 4 plugs,2.4L engine
A/C - working
Location - Lagos, Abule Egba
Price - N1.3M

For further details - 08028377073

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 6:47am On May 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

As I thought.

It is a 2003/4. Not a 2005

It's a simple problem. Call Me on video and we will fix it together

Seat belt and Vin read 2005 though.

Please when will you be available so I'd call?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by edrictech: 9:13am On May 25, 2022
[/color][color=#770077][/s][s]
[/right][right]
[/right][right]
[/right][right]
[/right][right]
[/right][right]
[right][/right]
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hybekay500(m): 10:24am On May 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ask your mechanic to check if the gear is 5pin by 8 pin or 10pin gear

13pin gear.... Please sir what can be the solution
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:09am On May 25, 2022
Tomjazzy2:

Seat belt and Vin read 2005 though.

Please when will you be available so I'd call?

Thanks

when 99per if all corollas in the market are accidented ? You might see a 2008 seatbelt sef.

Vin is where to look for vehicle age.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11am On May 25, 2022
Hybekay500:

13pin gear.... Please sir what can be the solution

Now scan it and post the codes

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 11:39am On May 25, 2022
Help Help !

Dear Nairalandera, @Gazzuz,

Please, there's a oil leak underneath my car, my mechanic have tried to check it but it seems they haven't gotten where the leak is coming from.
Yesterday, I was told they needed to remove the oil bottom and check if the leak is from there..which they did (the work on it and changed the car oil too ) and after I drove the car home overnight, I still noticed the leak..
Please, where else should they check for the leak ... the cost of mobil oil is getting more expensive and I'm loosing my mind to be honest

The car is kia optima( Turbo gdi engine )
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tomjazzy2: 12:41pm On May 25, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

when 99per if all corollas in the market are accidented ? You might see a 2008 seatbelt sef.

Vin is where to look for vehicle age.

When can I call, please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2022
jinka:

Turn the ignition to the on/run position for at least 5sec before starting. If it starts on the 1st attempt, then you have problem with the fuel delivery system (from fuel pump, to filter, to regulator amongst other parts).
Check for fuel pressure drop with a pressure gauge at the fuel pump and after the fuel filter to know the pressure you get (check pressure with ignition on, while cranking the engine, and while engine is running).
You should scan the car though if you have other issues apart from fuel related ones.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:11pm On May 25, 2022
EndiaSami:

Thanks oga Gazzuzz. Please Recommend a professional to help me solve it. Or how do I go about solving the issue
Your window control unit has been wired directly to the battery and that's why it's powering the window even when the car is turned off.
It should be rewired back to the ignition system.
This should be am easy DIY fix, better still meet any competent rewire, they should know what to do

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2022
Tomjazzy2:

Here sir.
Check your idle control system.
Clean with a Carburetor Cleaner, check the wiring harness for breached wires or impartial connection, or replace unit if bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2022
Tomjazzy2:

Here sir.
Check your idle control system.
Clean with a Carburetor Cleaner, check the wiring harness for breached wires/partial connection, or replace unit if bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EndiaSami: 10:17pm On May 25, 2022
jceesquare:

Your window control unit has been wired directly to the battery and that's why it's powering the window even when the car is turned off.
It should be rewired back to the ignition system.
This should be am easy DIY fix, better still meet any competent rewire, they should know what to do
Thanks a lot. I will do just that.. thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.