Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915629 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:35am On Oct 20, 2016
@all
So I finally got my Nissan altima 2.5, scanned today after using it for 3 months...
I'm sure oga Gazzuzz and diportivo remembers me well from my Nissan thread...
I was complaining of hard start back then..
Sometimes, the car starts normally for a period of time (a week maybe) without any form of hard start... It starts once...
Sometimes it just begins the hard start again and starts only after 3 or more tries...
However, its been working fine for over a week now but I just decided to get it scanned.
The scan codes are attached below..

Now my issue is which one of these codes could be causing the ocassional hard start?

I Dont want these mechanics to start putting hand where it isn't necessary...

What advise will you give me on repair?
Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
@all
So I finally got my Nissan altima 2.5, scanned today after using it for 3 months...
Sometimes, the car starts normally for a period of time (a week maybe) without any form of hard start... It starts once...
Sometimes it just begins the hard start again and starts only after 3 or more tries...
However, its been working fine for over a week now but I just decided to get it scanned.

Now my issue is which one of these codes could be causing the ocassional hard start?

Thanks

replace crank and cam shaft sensors with brand new ones
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AdisaOwala: 6:32am On Oct 21, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
@all

Thanks

If you have a hard starting problem, get a very very competent rewire to fix it for you, not a Mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2016
niyi2u:
Kindly help me on this issue that is driving me crazy.
I drive a 2002 Honda Accord V.Tech Engine.
My right wheel tire wobbles when I speed up to about 40 or 60. When I take off my feet from the pedal it stops wobbling. A number of times my mech
told me to change both up and down bolts and the arm. Whenever I do that I only notice the changes for about 2weeks and it wil become obvious again.
Changed the hub, did wheel balancing and aligement but same thing still keep occurring.
A mech complained that my right back tire was bad and its the one causing the front right wheel tire to wobble . My Vulganizer checked it and said the tire is not in a bad state to cause the front right wheel to wobble. I changed that tire and replaced it with my extra tire after changing the bolts again. After about 2weeks I started feeling the right front wheel wobbling again. All this has been going on for about 4 months now back and forth.
I am extremely disturbed now. Someone should kindly assist me on what can be happening.
When I say wobble I mean making the tire to shake which makes the body of the car to shake and even feel it on the pedal and not make any strange sound. Its not when making a turn or when on slow movement but when it has attained that speed.
Pls I need advice on what to do.

I know its an old post, if you still have the problem then I think you need to replace your shaft inner cup if you havent don't so.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good day sir, Toyota Camry speedometer fluctuations abnormally and the car jerks when break is applied. How do I solve this problem sir. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:37am On Oct 22, 2016
Beautiful4u:
Good day sir, [b]Toyota Camry[/b]t speedometer fluctuations abnormally and the car jerks when break is applied. How do I solve this problem sir. Thanks

what year?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by laeksyde: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2016
Good morning.
Toyota Camry 2012 with P0500 code- Vehicle speed sensor A.
Any tips on the cause and possible fix?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2016
laeksyde:
Good morning.
Toyota Camry 2012 with P0500 code- Vehicle speed sensor A.
Any tips on the cause and possible fix?

check wheel speed sensors. Did you recently work on the wheels?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by consultancy: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
PLS MR GAZZUZZ, I called you a long time ago to complain about my cars high fuel consumption . its an acura mdx 2004. regular city driving gives me 10mpg-11mpg.... but when I take it on the high way it gets up to 15mpg... also the back wheels are having camber or toe out, I dnt knw which of them exactly, its like a slight K-leg. pls I would appreciate a way forward to sort these 2 issues
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
[1999 quote author=GAZZUZZ post=50405190]
what year?[/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by laeksyde: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
No I didn't. The sensor was reattached, light went off for a day and it's back on
GAZZUZZ:

check wheel speed sensors. Did you recently work on the wheels?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2016
laeksyde:
No I didn't. The sensor was reattached, light went off for a day and it's back on

faulty wheel speed sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what year?
sir, is Camry 1999. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by carchatz: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2016
very educative
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Coolgent(m): 12:16am On Oct 28, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The vibrations are caused by a faulty idle speed valve if you have clean it and its still not working just have it replaced.

The error code is for a faulty secondary oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2 (heater circuit) I'm guessing your car is a 4 cylinder so its the sensor located on the exhaust pipe after the catalyst, check if the harness is connected properly, if it is have it replaced with a brand new one where I'm from it is 10k tokumbor is 5K. After replacing rest and re scan after running the engine for 30mins.

Best of luck
Oga Gazzuzz i need new o2 sensor of honda accord 2.4 ivtec dohc 2003 model.
How much is it?
Kindly assist pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Oct 28, 2016
Coolgent:

Oga Gazzuzz i need new o2 sensor of honda accord 2.4 ivtec dohc 2003 model.
How much is it?
Kindly assist pls

send the part numbers you want, I can supply
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Coolgent(m): 10:43am On Oct 28, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

send the part numbers you want, I can supply

I sent u a message through whatsapp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2016
Coolgent:

I sent u a message through whatsapp

seen replied.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by elewedu(m): 11:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
I am an advocate of professionalism in every of our dealings, and that is why I come here tonight to appreciate one of our own who has taken his craft to the very high level of professionalism. I have been to Gazzuzz garage twice, once for overheating issue and then for ac repairs. To say gazzuzz is a thorough bred professional is underestimating the value I got dealing with him. Gazuzz raises the bar...I went to gazuzz for ac repair, I got that and more. He went the extramile to tune up my engine. I got my car washed, my engined washed and resprayed, that is what I call customer service per excellence. I usually take my time before going to gazuzz workshop because he would never cut corners to give u the best, hence u will be made to use the best available part at a cost, but is the cost incurred worth it..yes it is more than worth it, afterall whatever has value should be paid for. Meanwhile I want to use this opportunity to solicit for our home grown engineers, lets help them by paying the true value of their effort, they also have bills to pay. Thanks gazuzz..I am the pontiac guy

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:08am On Oct 29, 2016
elewedu:
I am an advocate of professionalism in every of our dealings, and that is why I come here tonight to appreciate one of our own who has taken his craft to the very high level of professionalism. I have been to Gazzuzz garage twice, once for overheating issue and then for ac repairs. To say gazzuzz is a thorough bred professional is underestimating the value I got dealing with him. Gazuzz raises the bar...I went to gazuzz for ac repair, I got that and more. He went the extramile to tune up my engine. I got my car washed, my engined washed and resprayed, that is what I call customer service per excellence. I usually take my time before going to gazuzz workshop because he would never cut corners to give u the best, hence u will be made to use the best available part at a cost, but is the cost incurred worth it..yes it is more than worth it, afterall whatever has value should be paid for. Meanwhile I want to use this opportunity to solicit for our home grown engineers, lets help them by paying the true value of their effort, they also have bills to pay. Thanks gazuzz..I am the pontiac guy

I appreciate you Boss

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ltbandito(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
Oga GAZZUZZ,

Abeg where is your workshop? I need to have my Honda accord 2007 scanned. Check engine lights came on this morning. Since then engine jerks/vibrates while turning on the ignition
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
ltbandito:
Oga GAZZUZZ,

Abeg where is your workshop? I need to have my Honda accord 2007 scanned. Check engine lights came on this morning. Since then engine jerks/vibrates while turning on the ignition

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cucumbar: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Please, I have been having these codes, P0456 and P0457 for like 6 months now. Both have to do with a leak in the evaporation or emission system. I changed the fuel cap which is the first attempt at resolution recommend, but it did not solve the issue. Now, the other components that have been submitted to be the culprits, I don't know where they are in the car. To make matters worse, I live on an island where you don't have access to competent mechanics.
Please could you give me directions on how to direct a mechanic to fix this? There are no problems with how the car drives yet, but I hate seeing that check engine light on, and yesterday, a security man told me he perceived the smell of petrol while I was driving out.
The car is a 2007 Honda Accord.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Oct 31, 2016
cucumbar:
Please, I have been having these codes, P0456 and P0457 for like 6 months now. Both have to do with a leak in the evaporation or emission system. I changed the fuel cap which is the first attempt at resolution recommend, but it did not solve the issue. Now, the other components that have been submitted to be the culprits, I don't know where they are in the car. To make matters worse, I live on an island where you don't have access to competent mechanics.
Please could you give me directions on how to direct a mechanic to fix this? There are no problems with how the car drives yet, but I hate seeing that check engine light on, and yesterday, a security man told me he perceived the smell of petrol while I was driving out.
The car is a 2007 Honda Accord.

your fuel tank is unable to hold vacuum. It is leaking, mechanic should find the leak. 2 ways you can do this.
1. DIY: find the leak.

2. Workshop: take it to a workshop and pay for the service. Contrary to what you said, there are good workshops on the island.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cucumbar: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

your fuel tank is unable to hold vacuum. It is leaking, mechanic should find the leak. 2 ways you can do this.
1. DIY: find the leak.

2. Workshop: take it to a workshop and pay for the service. Contrary to what you said, there are good workshops on the island.
Lol. Not Lagos island o, I'm talking about bonny island. But please o, I thought I would be seeing traces of fuel if my fuel tank was leaking?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2016
cucumbar:
Lol. Not Lagos island o, I'm talking about bonny island. But please o, I thought I would be seeing traces of fuel if my fuel tank was leaking?

for evap not really.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lekzy007(m): 3:49am On Nov 02, 2016
good morning oga gazzuzz,i want to know if i can use total engine oil to service my Skoda Octavia engine.thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2016
lekzy007:
good morning oga gazzuzz,i want to know if i can use total engine oil to service my Skoda Octavia engine.thank you

5w30 full synthetic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
cucumbar:

Depending on the level of the leakage. Most vacuum leakage from fuel tank is either from fuel filler pipe and fuel pump port in the trunk. Did you change or work on the fuel pump recently.

One easy way to find the leak is fill the tank to the brim. Keep putting fuel till it shows up on the filler it will usually show up but go down so keep adding till it stops going down. If it stays at the brim then the leakage is small and may be harder to find but of it keeps gown down, you should be able to see fuel flooding somewhere.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kedra(m): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
Dear Gazzuzz, pls I just sent u a whatsapp message. How much can I get a purge valve for a 2002 toyota camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by depair: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
adanny01:

Depending on the level of the leakage. Most vacuum leakage from fuel tank is either from fuel filler pipe and fuel pump port in the trunk. Did you change or work on the fuel pump recently.

One easy way to find the leak is fill the tank to the brim. Keep putting fuel till it shows up on the filler it will usually show up but go down so keep adding till it stops going down. If it stays at the brim then the leakage is small and may be harder to find but of it keeps gown down, you should be able to see fuel flooding somewhere.

doing this will danage the charcoal canister beware

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.