Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911000 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by luvinhubby(m): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

question sir. Is it dependent on if the engine comes with cylinder deactivation or not?

Stripped skeleton.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osarodon(m): 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
@GAZZUZZ,

I need your support on my Corrolla 2004 car.
The engine was making knocking sound around October 2016 and my mechanic changed the Crankshaft/metal but since then the fuel efficiency has dropped drastically to roughly about 16ltrs/100km, I noticed after the day of change of crankshaft the idle RPM was high around 1600rpm but when you adjust it to like 800-1000rpm on idle the car will vibrate and even more when the AC is ON, I noticed also that when the car is on 1600rpm idle and you shift the gear to D(drive) the RPM will drop from 1600rpm to around 900-1000rpm. In this state now I noticed the AC keeps working and stopping at consistent intervals.

Another issue I noticed is that the car keeps shorting engine oil since then to the extent of my oil gauge dropping to like 3/4 quarter level after driving like 1600km but what surprises me is that the car is not smoking and can't find any oil droplet

Please I will like you to help on this issue and thanks for your good work here.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
osarodon:
@GAZZUZZ,

The engine was making knocking sound around October 2016 and my mechanic changed the Crankshaft/metal but since then the fuel efficiency has dropped drastically to roughly about 16ltrs/100km, I noticed after the day of change of crankshaft the idle RPM was high around 1600rpm but when you adjust it to like 800-1000rpm on idle the car will vibrate and even more when the AC is ON, I noticed also that when the car is on 1600rpm idle and you shift the gear to D(drive) the RPM will drop from 1600rpm to around 900-1000rpm. In this state now I noticed the AC keeps working and stopping at consistent intervals.

Another issue I noticed is that the car keeps shorting engine oil since then to the extent of my oil gauge dropping to like 3/4 quarter level after driving like 1600km but what surprises me is that the car is not smoking and can't find any oil droplet

Please I will like you to help on this issue and thanks for your good work here.
Buy tokunbo engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
osarodon:
@GAZZUZZ,

Replace engine. If in lagos contact me. Toks available, at very good price

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osarodon(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine. If in lagos contact me. Toks available, at very good price
Are you saying no fix to this except replacement of engine. Please what is the present price range for tokunbo engine.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osarodon(m): 7:06am On Dec 21, 2016
kingreign:

Buy tokunbo engine
Are you saying no fix to this except replacement of engine. Please what is the present price range for tokunbo engine.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Dec 21, 2016
osarodon:

Thanks

180k.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2016
luvinhubby:

Stripped skeleton.

there are 2types of that engine. One with VCM and another without. Are they the same price sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by luvinhubby(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

there are 2types of that engine. One with VCM and another without. Are they the same price sir?

The price is very much different.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2017
@GazzuZz, keep up the gud works, pls my toyota highlander hybrid 2006 shakes at start up and has fault code p0171 bank 1 and bank 2, mechanic has changed plug, coil, air cleaner and serviced fuel pump,but problem is still there. Pls will appreciate any advice on this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 9:32am On Jan 01, 2017
[quote author=ajims post=52435739]@GazzuZz, keep up the gud works, pls any help or advice will be appreciated
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35am On Jan 01, 2017
ajims:
@GazzuZz, keep up the gud works, pls my toyota highlander hybrid 2006 shakes at start up and has fault code p0171 bank 1 and bank 2, mechanic has changed plug, coil, air cleaner and serviced fuel pump,but problem is still there. Pls will appreciate any advice on this

System lean. Bank1. There might be a vacuum leak on bank 1.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arcbaba: 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, I have issue with my Camry 1999 speedometer, it goes on and off. It happens especially when the engine/car is hot or even sometimes in cool evenings so I cannot really tell it's relationship with temperature. It stops and can start anytime even when in motion. I also notice that when it is off the car runs extra smooth than it even was when it was on. What cud be the problem!

Cc @ Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
arcbaba:
Hello gurus in the house, I have issue with my Camry 1999 speedometer, it goes on and off. It happens especially when the engine/car is hot or even sometimes in cool evenings so I cannot really tell it's relationship with temperature. It stops and can start anytime even when in motion. I also notice that when it is off the car runs extra smooth than it even was when it was on. What cud be the problem!

Cc @ Gazzuzz

scan and see if you get a p0500 code.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Inception(m): 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year Gazzuzz.
I am in urgent need of a very clean grade one intake camshaft + vvt actuator for my 2Az-fe engine.
Could you help me in sourcing a good one?

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
Inception:
Happy new year Gazzuzz.
I am in urgent need of a very clean grade one intake camshaft + vvt actuator for my 2Az-fe engine.
Could you help me in sourcing a good one?

Thanks.

I have the whole top
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Inception(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
What is your best price?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
Inception:
What is your best price?

You know how to find me.....

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
Happy new year sir, oil leaks from the cylinder to the air intake hose. What could be the cause and how can I fix it . Camry 1998, pencil light. Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Beautiful4u:
Happy new year sir, oil leaks from the cylinder to the air intake hose. What could be the cause and how can I fix it . Camry 1998, pencil light. Thank you sir

More information please....... 4cyl or v6? post pics. Does vehicle give off any for of blue/white smoke, Does vehicle short engine oil?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by franklynsunny(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
Eod 2005 n Mercedes benz C200 2003? Which ve more expensive on repairs and maintainence n also fuel consumption wise? Which is affordable,i mid urgent advise Recession is here n I want d best economic car wit cheap repairs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by franklynsunny(m): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
@GAZZUZZ
Eod 2005 n Mercedes benz C200 2003? Which ve more expensive on repairs and maintainence n also fuel consumption wise? Which is affordable,i mid urgent advise Recession is here n I want d best economic car wit cheap repairs
Pls jus advise me pls
Which do I chose
I want to buy Nig use Eod 05 or benz 03 c200 four plug compressor
Eod 05 or c200 03 both 4 plug Which is bera??
Pls advise ur professional reason
D c class is 4plug
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=52471566]

More information please....... 4cyl or v6? post pics. Does vehicle give off any for of blue/white smoke, Does vehicle short engine oil?[/
4cyl, the vehicle doesn't give blue/white smoke and the engine doesn't short oil.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 9:36am On Jan 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

System lean. Bank1. There might be a vacuum leak on bank 1.

Thanks for the advice, but pls can u help with someone that can work on hybrid cars, i have an erorr code p0a78 to deal with. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2017
ajims:

Thanks for the advice, but pls can u help with someone that can work on hybrid cars, i have an erorr code p0a78 to deal with. thanks

the code is explained here http://obdii.pro/en/code/P0A78

At the moment I do not know of any competent hand that can fix the problem.
The way I see it (I might be wrong) you will be needing a Replacement inveter, depending on the vehicle in question, you can get one in ladipo.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=Beautiful4u post=52485005][/quote] Sir, still waiting for your reply. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Beautiful4u:
Sir, still waiting for your reply. Thanks

Looks like your PCV valve was blocked, and now oil is trying to force it's way out the other end. (I might be wrong) but clearly a simple leak issue that can be handled by any one that can use tools. First find out if the PCV valve allows air in or out in one direction.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the code is explained here http://obdii.pro/en/code/P0A78

At the moment I do not know of any competent hand that can fix the problem.
The way I see it (I might be wrong) you will be needing a Replacement inveter, depending on the vehicle in question, you can get one in ladipo.

Thanks Gazzuzz, will follow up on that, realy appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajims(m): 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
Happy New Year @Gazzuzz ,pls i changed the front brake pad of my Ford E350 bus and bled it , but the bus has refused moving due to the brake pads holding down the disc afterwards. I have scanned and i do not have any dtc . pls help!!!!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
ajims:
Happy New Year @Gazzuzz ,pls i changed the front brake pad of my Ford E350 bus and bled it , but the bus has refused moving due to the brake pads holding down the disc afterwards. I have scanned and i do not have any dtc . pls help!!!!!!

why did you bleed?

If done properly bleeding was not required.

Sultaan Nah your product come epp them
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Emekayoung(m): 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
ajims:
Tell ur mechanic to service ur calipars. Just try and see. Writing from experience.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

question sir. Is it dependent on if the engine comes with cylinder deactivation or not?

VCM right, i never knew what it was not until recently. It is interesting

http://world.honda.com/automobile-technology/VCM/detail/

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.