Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919708 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 08dominic: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hello guys, please what will you advice, I do hear some noise at the front of my car when making a turn almost related to the shaft.

my mechanic is saying we can just oil it up or buy a new one.

any idea about the price of camry muscle shaft and he mentioned they don't sell for only one side that I have to buy left and right (2).

cc dru, pearl, feli, dmech, gazzuzz and the other gurus
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
08dominic:
Hello guys, please what will you advice, I do hear some noise at the front of my car when making a turn almost related to the shaft.

my mechanic is saying we can just oil it up or buy a new one.

any idea about the price of camry muscle shaft and he mentioned they don't sell for only one side that I have to buy left and right (2).

cc dru, pearl, feli, dmech, gazzuzz and the other gurus

Outer CV Axles are sold in single units. Replace mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 08dominic: 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Outer CV Axles are sold in single units. Replace mechanic.

any idea of price please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
08dominic:

any idea of price please?

Budget 12k

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Summerview: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hi Gazzuz, please what's the cost of SAE 5w-30.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
Summerview:

Thanks

I have Castrol magnatec full synthetic 5w30 oil @23k...08034288798
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fait10(m): 11:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
osato45:
how were you able to resolve yours?
My cel light is off
Scanned and I got 2 codes
61-1
83-13 ecm/pcm relation failure
My ride is 2006 honda accord v6, that I have been using for 6yrs.
My driving experience are similar to yours, my transmission began slipping last week. I have drained the Atf and poured fresh 6litres of dw1 atf, still the problem persists. So I have decided to change the transmission entirely with a tokunboh one.
Please how much did you bought the tokunboh gearbox for your honda
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15am On Oct 06, 2022
Summerview:

Thanks

I sell ₦30,000.

Ogba Lagos

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dayjeee(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
Guys pls assist
Is the below price reasonable for a corrolla 2003

Front shock absorber pad#4000
Low arm bushing#9000
Front brake pad and back#10000
Back engine sit#5000
Linkage &rubber7000
Shaft rubber2&grease#3000
Back shock#20000
Thyroid repair #1500
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dbshaywhy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good evening sir...
I got a used Toyota rav4 2002 model manual transmission from an uncle on August 2022... He too actually got it on June 2022 ending, which I see and like it... I show interest... So he released it for me...

Now I feel like changing the engine oil... I asked him the type of oil in it, he never know as the engine was newly serviced when he got it ...

Right now, I've decided to change the oil as it never move faster like when I just I got it + hearing a kind of knock engine sound wen about to move while putting on the A/C....

When I checked the engine cover... SAE 5W-30 is been inscribed on it...
What are the good process to follow in ensuring good quality and safety of my engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
dayjeee:
Guys pls assist

Low arm bushing#9000
Back engine sit#5000
Linkage &rubber7000
Back shock#20000
Thyroid repair #1500

Lower arm bushing is quite expensive, same as the linkage. The others seem reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good day bro. I drive an acura tsx 2008 model. I have this check engine light on. I have scanned with my Bluetooth scanner but it tells me no OBD fault found. I have an increased fuel consumption.
I proceeded to do a smog check and I am seeing a pending code there but it has refused to show me the pending code. I want to share the result of the smog check. I pray you and other technicians in the house can tell me how to go about tackling it from there.
@autoelectng, please come in too.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bbeckky: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

scan
P0141, P0100, P2271, P2187, P0138, P0140, P0113, U0155, U0146
These are the codes we got bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bbeckky: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2022
kingreign:

Have the car scanned and post codes.
These are the codes bro....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
bbeckky:
These are the codes bro....

Clear codes, drive for some days and rescan again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peterlove11: 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
vivalavida:
Good day bro. I drive an acura tsx 2008 model. I have this check engine light on. I have scanned with my Bluetooth scanner but it tells me no OBD fault found. I have an increased fuel consumption.
I proceeded to do a smog check and I am seeing a pending code there but it has refused to show me the pending code. I want to share the result of the smog check. I pray you and other technicians in the house can tell me how to go about tackling it from there.
@autoelectng, please come in too.

Catalyst and oxygen sensor systems not ready show that the check engine light has been cleared.....you need to drive some miles, if their is any pending code it will come back
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peterlove11:

Catalyst and oxygen sensor systems not ready show that the check engine light has been cleared.....you need to drive some miles, if their is any pending code it will come back

Thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bbeckky: 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
kingreign:

Clear codes, drive for some days and rescan again.
ok thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2022
dbshaywhy:
Good evening sir...
I got a used Toyota rav4 2002 model manual transmission from an uncle on August 2022... He too actually got it on June 2022 ending, which I see and like it... I show interest... So he released it for me...

Now I feel like changing the engine oil... I asked him the type of oil in it, he never know as the engine was newly serviced when he got it ...

Right now, I've decided to change the oil as it never move faster like when I just I got it + hearing a kind of knock engine sound wen about to move while putting on the A/C....

When I checked the engine cover... SAE 5W-30 is been inscribed on it...
What are the good process to follow in ensuring good quality and safety of my engine?

total quarts 5000. Or any good 20W50 brand is your friend.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2022
dayjeee:
Guys pls assist

Low arm bushing#9000
Back engine sit#5000
Linkage &rubber7000
Back shock#20000
Thyroid repair #1500

What is the highlighted
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kewtt: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

What is the highlighted

Lol I saw what you did
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chrisja(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello Chairmen in the House, I need help. I drive a TOYOTA CAMRY 05 V6, Sometime last year, an electrician claimed the Diout in my alternator was bad. after fixing while doing a test drive the situation repeated, so he recommended a replacement of the alternator which I bought from him.
But the issue is after about 5-6 months of replacing the alternator I noticed through my car charger voltage readings that whenever I am in traffic, with AC and Headlights on, the power readings drop drastically from 13. 2-13.5 to 12.7-12.2, it even dropped to 11.3 one time when the car tripped off but after turning off the headlights and AC it normalised after moving a few metres. I went back and the electrician asked I raised the RPM to 1 when not in motion. Its currently just below 1.
Another electrician claimed that the current installed alternator is a single coil type that I should get a double coil alternator.
What should I do? I am so worried that the battery may get bad with this current state and I may get stuck someplace.
Please @GAZZUZZ and our in-house bosses recommend what steps I should take.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2022
chrisja:
Hello Chairmen in the House, I need help. I drive a TOYOTA CAMRY 05 V6, Sometime last year, an electrician claimed the Diout in my alternator was bad. after fixing while doing a test drive the situation repeated, so he recommended a replacement of the alternator which I bought from him.
But the issue is after about 5-6 months of replacing the alternator I noticed through my car charger voltage readings that whenever I am in traffic, with AC and Headlights on, the power readings drop drastically from 13. 2-13.5 to 12.7-12.2, it even dropped to 11.3 one time when the car tripped off but after turning off the headlights and AC it normalised after moving a few metres. I went back and the electrician asked I raised the RPM to 1 when not in motion. Its currently just below 1.
Another electrician claimed that the current installed alternator is a single coil type that I should get a double coil alternator.
What should I do? I am so worried that the battery may get bad with this current state and I may get stuck someplace.
Please @GAZZUZZ and our in-house bosses recommend what steps I should take.

Ensure that ground from alternator to battery negative is sufficient.

If that is fine replace alternator
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good day House.

The HORN of my 2001 Honda Odyssey suddenly stopped working two days ago.

I checked the Horn fuse and Relay in the fusebox located in the Engine compartment and both components are not faulty.

Pls, is there anything else I can do on my own to resolve this issue?

N/B: This has happened before in the past... At intervals.
Sometimes it stops, and starts working Again on it's own without any fix.
But this time seems longer as it's over two days now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Oga gazuz, concerning my car post then,
It's the hub. The front passenger side.

Please how much is it
Nissan Roque 2009.
Hub
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by okwypascal: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good evening guys, please my Toyota sienna battery drained out because I left the door a little bit open
Can the battery revive itself overnight or I need to call a battery charger

Thanks for your response sirs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by okwypascal: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good evening guys, please my Toyota sienna battery drained out because I left the door a little bit open
Can the battery revive itself overnight or I need to call a battery charger.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
okwypascal:
Can the battery revive itself overnight or I need to call a battery charger.
jump start the car and drive some miles so it can charge

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alaricsaltzman: 11:10am On Oct 10, 2022
Isoni:
Please what engine oil is recommended for serving 2009 Toyota Corolla and after how many miles?

OW-20 recommended by Toyota
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chae: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
Guru's in d ouse abeg if we get person wey dey use civic 06 to 09 Pls I get question to ask abt d car. Pls I wouldn't mind to call d person Pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chae: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
Guru's in d ouse abeg if we get person wey dey use civic 06 to 09 Pls I get question to ask abt d car. Pls I wouldn't mind to contact d person Pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Good day House.

The HORN of my 2001 Honda Odyssey suddenly stopped working two days ago.

I checked the Horn fuse and Relay in the fusebox located in the Engine compartment and both components are not faulty.

Pls, is there anything else I can do on my own to resolve this issue?

N/B: This has happened before in the past... At intervals.
Sometimes it stops, and starts working Again on it's own without any fix.
But this time seems longer as it's over two days now.
??

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.