Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912349 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
SpeedRacer:
Good day house ,
Please anywhere I can get a timing chain tensioner for 2Zr.
Because the rattle on my corolla si driving me insane

How are you sure it will solve the problem

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Eskallini:
My EOD 2004 d4 in blinking for long time and has now develop to difficulty in in entering the next gear selection or accelerate well on d4 except d1 and others.pls I need advice.
Buy another gear
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aristogabby(m): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2022
Good Morning house,

I scanned my Toyota Camry 2012 and the following codes came up

P0128 - Coolant Thermostat below thermostat regulating temperature
P0136 O2 Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 2

I got the car around April, around the first week, I I had overheating issue and a mechanic did something about it and told me to change to a double cell radiator which I did. Also my fuel consumption has been high.

Also my power steering light has been coming on and off recently.

Please any advice on what to do?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
aristogabby:
Good Morning house,

I scanned my Toyota Camry 2012 and the following codes came up

P0128 - Coolant Thermostat below thermostat regulating temperature
P0136 O2 Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 2

I got the car around April, around the first week, I I had overheating issue and a mechanic did something about it and told me to change to a double cell radiator which I did. Also my fuel consumption has been high.

Also my power steering light has been coming on and off recently.

Please any advice on what to do?

Thanks

Your mechanic removed your engine's thermostat.

That combined with the other codes is what's causing the high fuel consumption

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aristogabby(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2022
Grupo:

Your mechanic removed your engine's thermostat.

That combined with the other codes is what's causing the high fuel consumption

Thanks. Can the thermostat be easily replaced? any risk involved?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
aristogabby:

Thanks. Can the thermostat be easily replaced? any risk involved?

Yes. Get a good mechanic. They will replace the thermostat and return the wiring of the fan to factory mode.

Also don't forget to fix the other codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
You can switch back to 0W-20 as recommended by the manufacturer if you have kept a good maintenance habit on our engine. I also use the same vehicle and made the switch after 2.5 years. All you need to ensure is to get an engine flush and make your change to from 20W-50 to 0W-20.
Call Mamtus Nigeria (Lagos), they are distributor of original Liqui Moly oils and they can direct if they have an assured retailer in Abuja or can waybill to you. If buying Liqui Moly, buy their 300-Ml engine flush too o.

haslaw:
Good morning car gurus,

3 years ago, I bought a Toyota Corolla 2010 and I have been servicing the car with SAE 20W-50 engine oil but I just found out from the car manual that the manufacturers recommended SAE 0W-20 engine oil.

Please where can I get real original SAE 0W-20 engine oil in Abuja .

Cc: GAZZUZZ
dru23
autologic
Gluck4cars
seanfer
KINGREIGN

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpeedRacer(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

How are you sure it will solve the problem

From all the research I've done and videos I've seen on YouTube the sound is exact as mine especially when accelerating between 1k and 3k rpm
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aristogabby(m): 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
Grupo:

Yes. Get a good mechanic. They will replace the thermostat and return the wiring of the fan to factory mode.

Also don't forget to fix the other codes.
Thanks chief
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shuri: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Please how do I know if my rear Acura MDX shocks absorber is the one with the sensors? It is a 2007/08 Acura MDX!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2022
tobintin:
You can switch back to 0W-20 as recommended by the manufacturer if you have kept a good maintenance habit on our engine. I also use the same vehicle and made the switch after 2.5 years. All you need to ensure is to get an engine flush and make your change to from 20W-50 to 0W-20.
Call Mamtus Nigeria (Lagos), they are distributor of original Liqui Moly oils and they can direct if they have an assured retailer in Abuja or can waybill to you. If buying Liqui Moly, buy their 300-Ml engine flush too o.

no b lie mantus for isolo side, that’s where I got my benz transmission oil not all those nonsense they sell at ojekunle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nacozee: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
I purchased my Toyota Venza V6 at 70k miles and i do not know if it has ever gotten a transmission fluid change.

Now it is at 92k miles and still no issues. Can I change the transmission fluid at this mileage?? Would it cause issue with my transmission?? @Gazzuzz and other pros
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
Which one is reliable sir.
GAZZUZZ:

It is cheap, but not reliable.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpeedRacer(m): 3:09am On Sep 25, 2022
SpeedRacer:

From all the research I've done and videos I've seen on YouTube the sound is exact as mine especially when accelerating between 1k and 3k rpm

Adjuster replaced , engine quiet .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Functionoftime(m): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Rpm without engaging throttle and gear still on park. What could be the cause?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2022
nacozee:
I purchased my Toyota Venza V6 at 70k miles and i do not know if it has ever gotten a transmission fluid change.

Now it is at 92k miles and still no issues. Can I change the transmission fluid at this mileage?? Would it cause issue with my transmission?? @Gazzuzz and other pros

Unscrew the drain bolt, drain a few drops, pour it on the headlamp to see that actual colour then wipe.

Pink: it's ok

Brown: drain and refill

Black: between the devil and the deep blue sea.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bluediesel03: 4:51am On Sep 26, 2022
endemophy:
Hello gurus in the house.....I have a corolla 06, whenever I put it on D I notice it vibrate expecially when am not moving, but if am on speed the vibration reduce.....but it doesn't vibrate when on N or P
. Good morning sir.Please have you solve the problem because I'm experiencing same issue with my corolla.please tell me what you did to correct the problem.Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BonkoINC: 5:10am On Sep 26, 2022
bluediesel03:
. Good morning sir.Please have you solve the problem because I'm experiencing same issue with my corolla.please tell me what you did to correct the problem.Thank you sir

Could be engine seatings.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20am On Sep 26, 2022
endemophy:
Hello gurus in the house.....I have a corolla 06, whenever I put it on D I notice it vibrate expecially when am not moving, but if am on speed the vibration reduce.....but it doesn't vibrate when on N or P

bluediesel03:

Usually this is the issue.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Usually this is the issue.

Are these engine mount ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
My brother, peace of mind is essential.

Bizzyliss:
no b lie mantus for isolo side, that’s where I got my benz transmission oil not all those nonsense they sell at ojekunle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
Oga Gazzuzz

I started my car( camry 2011 )this morning to see check engine light, i scanned to see the following code

P0172

P0101

Please whats the problem and how do i fix it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2022
Kanshi1:
Oga Gazzuzz

I started my car( camry 2011 )this morning to see check engine light, i scanned to see the following code

P0172

P0101

Please whats the problem and how do i fix it?

Air leak in this pipe. Fix it properly.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nacozee: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Unscrew the drain bolt, drain a few drops, pour it on the headlamp to see that actual colour then wipe.

Pink: it's ok

Brown: drain and refill

Black: between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Nawa o. Transmission matter de give me concern wella. Draining this few drop should be done when transmission is cold right?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
nacozee:

Nawa o. Transmission matter de give me concern wella. Draining this few drop should be done when transmission is cold right?

Any temperature
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 10:27am On Sep 28, 2022
Thanks OGA GAZZUZZ

i just fixed it now, CEL gone but i'm still watching it to no if it'll resurface

GAZZUZZ:

Air leak in this pipe. Fix it properly.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hajy500(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2022
For all your vehicle papers and new drivers license call me

Zero Eight Zero Twenty Four Thirty Nine Seventy Nine Twenty Four

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdmundDantes(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2022
Goodday Oga Gazzuzz and other gurus in the house. Your expert advise is highly needed, please. I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla that I want to work on. The major/easily noticed problem with the car is the transmission. The car refuses to accelerate beyound 40kph. After about 30/40 minutes of driving, the speed reduces further and ultimately, the car refuses to move. One has to switch off the engine and restart the car before it responds and move very slowly.
Below are the initial codes obtained from scanning the car:
P0037-Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0751-Shift Solenoid "A" Performance or Stuck OFF
P2714-Pressure Control Solenoid "grin" Performance or Stuck OFF
P2757-Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Performance or Stuck OFF
C1201-Engine/EV Control System Malfunction
C1405-Open or Short in Front Speed Sensor RH Circuit
After clearing the codes and driving the car, we have the following codes currently present:
P0300-Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0301-Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302-Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P2757-Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Performance or Stuck OFF
I noticed that a can of Sea Max Dexron III was used in the car, don`t know if it has any negative effect. I believe the car is supposed to used Toyota WS ATF. Also noticed that thermostat has been removed and fan is always on. The advise I have so far is to change the gearbox (13 pins). Should I go with this or can the gearbox be fixed? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
EdmundDantes:
Goodday Oga Gazzuzz and other gurus in the house. Your expert advise is highly needed, please. I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla that I want to work on. The major/easily noticed problem with the car is the transmission. The car refuses to accelerate beyound 40kph. After about 30/40 minutes of driving, the speed reduces further and ultimately, the car refuses to move. One has to switch off the engine and restart the car before it responds and move very slowly.
Below are the initial codes obtained from scanning the car:
After clearing the codes and driving the car, we have the following codes currently present:
P0300-Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0301-Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302-Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
I noticed that a can of Sea Max Dexron III was used in the car, don`t know if it has any negative effect. I believe the car is supposed to used Toyota WS ATF. Also noticed that thermostat has been removed and fan is always on. The advise I have so far is to change the gearbox (13 pins). Should I go with this or can the gearbox be fixed? Thanks.

Drain transmission oil and inspect oil for traces of metal particles
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EdmundDantes(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Drain transmission oil and inspect oil for traces of metal particles
Ok. Will get that done and revert asap.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inikamoze(m): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
My Oga GAZZUZZ....your little advice needed.

I Changed tires from iron wheels to alloy rims and was asked to get new nuts for the alloy but the old nuts still fit well, do I need to get new nuts? Would it cause anything if the old nuts are affixed to the rims?

When one changes all four rims/tires and the front shocks of a vehicle, is it necessary to carry out either of wheel balancing or alignment, or does one need to do both?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:56am On Sep 29, 2022
inikamoze:
My Oga GAZZUZZ....your little advice needed.

I Changed tires from iron wheels to alloy rims and was asked to get new nuts for the alloy but the old nuts still fit well, do I need to get new nuts? Would it cause anything if the old nuts are affixed to the rims?

When one changes all four rims/tires and the front shocks of a vehicle, is it necessary to carry out either of wheel balancing or alignment, or does one need to do both?

Replace nuts, do wheel balancing and alignment

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.