Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here (145384 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by eldega: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2014
uchennn:
abeg tell dem
all these initial gragra don too much

Individual case study was just a page.....u will be given between 20-30minutes to analyse it and 10mins for presentation to the panel of 2 or 3.

Group discussion was 3pages...............20mins given to discuss and no presentation on that as the interviewer were only observing.....

NB: It might be the SHL guys (Oyinbos) from UK that will conduct the interview for some applicants.

5 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by uchennn: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
eldega:

Individual case study was just a page.....u will be given between 20-30minutes to analyse it and 10mins for presentation to the panel of 2 or 3.

Group discussion was 3pages...............20mins given to discuss and no presentation on that as the interviewer were only observing.....

NB: It might be the SHL guys (Oyinbos) from UK that will conduct the interview for some applicants.
thank you very much bro
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chai!! All these nairaland winch, by this kind time you never sleep. Wetin you dey peep for this thread for this kind time tomayinde(f)? angry grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Tonynwaduche(m): 12:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Paroman: Chai!! All these nairaland winch, by this kind time you never sleep. Wetin you dey peep for this thread for this kind time tomayinde(f)? angry grin
u nko
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by ortodox: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
HSBC Bank Strives to Improve Customer Service Quality

Case Type: operations strategy; organizational behavior.

Case Interview Question: Suppose you are working for the internal Strategic Group of HSBC Holdings plc (LSE: HSBA, NYSE: HBC), a global banking and financial services company headquartered in Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom. The bank has around 7,500 offices in 87 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America and around 100 million customers. As of June 2010, it had total assets of $2.418 trillion.

Recently, HSBC Bank is facing a increasing number of problems with the quality of its customer service. Its customers are complaining about long waits on the phone, being transferred to multiple branches, separate accounts requiring multiple calls, etc. The customer service function is currently performed at each individual branch. The questions to you: How can HSBC Bank’s customer service be improved? What strategic plan would you recommend?

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by ortodox: 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Church Attendance Keeps Falling Despite New Pastor’s Effort

Case Interview Question : Assume that you are the new pastor (parish priest) of a rural English church in the late 19th century. Over the last three years attendance to your church has been steadily going down. Your boss has just come to town to tell you that if the downward trend continues, she will have to consider shutting down the church.

You have only two weeks to diagnose the problem and go to your boss with possible solutions. How would you think through what these problems might be? What are some of the possible solutions to turn around the downward trend of church attendance?

Pls lets attempt as much as we can.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by ortodox: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
Case Interview Question : Your client is Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of the state of California. Hit hard by the recent financial crisis, California is projected to have a budget deficit of at least 19 billion dollars this year, and next year the budget gap is projected to grow to 37 billion dollars. Also, California’s credit rating is the lowest of all 50 states in the US, and there are persistent rumors that it is about to go even lower.

To turn around the struggling economy, Governor Schwarzenegger is trying to attract wealthy Japanese business investors to California. He wants the Japanese to open new businesses here to increase jobs and to improve the economy. How would you help the governor to market this concept to Japanese businessmen so that they are willing to invest in California?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by opeyemibankole: 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
ortodox: HSBC Bank Strives to Improve Customer Service Quality
Case Interview Question: Suppose you are working for the internal Strategic Group of HSBC Holdings plc (LSE: HSBA, NYSE: HBC), a global banking and financial services company headquartered in Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom. The bank has around 7,500 offices in 87 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America and around 100 million customers. As of June 2010, it had total assets of $2.418 trillion.
Recently, HSBC Bank is facing a increasing number of problems with the quality of its customer service. Its customers are complaining about long waits on the phone, being transferred to multiple branches, separate accounts requiring multiple calls, etc. The customer service function is currently performed at each individual branch. The questions to you: How can HSBC Bank’s customer service be improved? What strategic plan would you recommend?
1) Recruit and train the right people
2) Recognise the importance of customer loyalty
3) Lead from the top
4) Listen to what your customers and staff are saying to you
5)Welcome complaints
6) Happy Staff = Happy Customers
7). Look at your processes from a customer and staff point of view
cool Measure your performance
i hope am on track

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
cc150615:
wait which firm did u get a job with? share the testimony Na,I feel like we're family!!!
hmmmmm aproko is an hobby....
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
ortodox: HSBC Bank Strives to Improve Customer Service Quality

Make I try...
The problem is...
Decline in quality of customer services visible through series of complaints from the customers.
Solution...
1)Recruit more call agents to help beat down long waits on phone calls
2)Split the customer service department into separate unit that will have a specific problem from the customers to tackle.
3)Each branch should be equipped with the necessary tools to tackle any complaints from the customers so as to avoid been referred to other branch.
4)Conduct a survey on your customers concerning how well the customer service department reponded to their complaint, then work on the result of the survey....
Make una no laff me...

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
Is it just me... But the other two case study no gree me assimulate...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
TOYNEX:
hmmmmm aproko is an hobby....
Ok then,I guess I'll keep my mouth shut!!!
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
ortodox:

Case Interview Question : Assume that you are the new pastor (parish priest) of a rural English church in the late 19th century. Over the last three years attendance to your church has been steadily going down. Your boss has just come to town to tell you that if the downward trend continues, she will have to consider shutting down the church.

You have only two weeks to diagnose the problem and go to your boss with possible solutions. How would you think through what these problems might be? What are some of the possible solutions to turn around the downward trend of church attendance?

Make I try this one...
Problem... Decline in membership attendance...
Caused by one or more of the following...
1)pastorSince he is putting in effort...
2)Change in political/economic activities of the community, thus affecting their religious activities
3)A rival church opened nearby, or serious evangelization by a rival church (permit me to use the word rival)
4)Seculiarism on the rise, thus believe in religion decreasing.
5)Something going on in the church that the members dont like and cant challenge, thus staying of our church avtivities.
Possible solution...
Solution abounds, but depends on the actual problem. But a generic solution might be...
1)Get the database of all members and effect weekly house to house visit by fellow members and clergy.
2)Organise small cell fellowship within 2-3 blocks of every neighbourhood.
3)Encourage visits to members that missed any activity...
4)If possible, start miracle crusade...(naija style)...

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
ortodox:
Case Interview Question : Your client is Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of the state of California. Hit hard by the recent financial crisis, California is projected to have a budget deficit of at least 19 billion dollars this year, and next year the budget gap is projected to grow to 37 billion dollars. Also, California’s credit rating is the lowest of all 50 states in the US, and there are persistent rumors that it is about to go even lower.

To turn around the struggling economy, Governor Schwarzenegger is trying to attract wealthy Japanese business investors to California. He wants the Japanese to open new businesses here to increase jobs and to improve the economy. How would you help the governor to market this concept to Japanese businessmen so that they are willing to invest in California?

Cultural advantage - largest mix of culture in US hence, wide market.
Business incentives like lower tax on business, based on comparison with other states.
Go on economic incentives advertising working with tested consultants.
Do a PP on most government owned assets, giving people the chance to own.
Creating a more safer city for investors as the human mind, is fundamentally attracted more to sink in assets in safe places.
Collaborative works with group of investors to make CA, America's top tourist destination.

Err.... I'll drop more make I think.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by jonatahunegbu: 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
ortodox:

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by jonatahunegbu: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=jonatahunegbu][/quote]
There are many potential reasons why the churchgoers of the parish have stopped going to church. First, I will talk about the possibility of competitive churches; secondly, I will talk about the possibility that people in the area have simply stopped going to church.
First, I will talk about competing churches. There are two reasons why competing churches could be taking our parishioners away: better location, “better” religion, or better services. I remember from my history classes in college that some churches were located far away from pockets of the population, and churchgoers often would establish churches closer to home. Also, sometimes people change what they believe or newfangled ways of thinking emerge. This could also be driving people to other churches.
I would also want to figure out if the nearby churches are preaching different religions. There is at least a chance that these churches are offering parishioners different kind of religious viewpoint that is more attractive than the religion we have been preaching. Their rules regarding behavior, for instance, may be different from ours.
Lastly, I would want to understand the different services being offered at “competing” churches. There may be different things these other churches offer that we do not. For instance, these churches might offer childcare, adult education and job training, or singles dances. These churches may offer more personal attention and guidance from the pastors.
Now I would like to talk about the possibility that people who live in the area around the church simply may have stopped going to church. Off the top of my head, I can think of two reasons why people may stop going to church: progress and inconvenience. As science and communication advance, people may rely less on the church to explain the world and more on scientific findings and written forms of communication such as books and newspapers. This could be happening in our parish. On the other hand, going to church may be becoming inconvenient or economically nonviable. Maybe our parishioners feel that they need to stay at home to work in the fields in order to maintain subsistence. I would want to talk to these parishioners to find out why they have stopped going to church
There are many ways I could test my hypotheses. I think the most important thing is to talk to the former parishioners to ask them why they have left the church and what we would need to do to entice them back. After that, I would want to send someone (or myself) to the other churches in the area during services to understand what is being preached at these churches. To help prove if the issue is location, I would draw a map of our current and former parishioners and analyze how distance from the church affects attendance. To understand if there are other churches in the area taking away our parishioners, I would also map these new churches on my newly created map.
Once I understand why people are leaving, I would devise a plan to bring the parishioners back. I would want to be focused on the needs of my parish, by offering enhanced services, such as day care as well as flexibility, such as offering services at different times of the day. If distance is a factor, I may want to consider having services at different locations at different times, making our church more accessible.
Humble contribution. hope it helps

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by jonatahunegbu: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
Your client is thinking of bidding for a new wireless license in a small country. The minimum bid is USD$50 million, and the license will last for five years. There are currently three other wireless operators in the country. Should your client bid for the license? If yes, what is the appropriate amount? Suggested Sample Response: This is a rather open-ended case that requires the interviewee to ask several key questions in order to understand the economics of the industry. Please note that there really is no right or wrong answer. The numbers are also less important than asking the right questions to determine the potential profitability of the venture in order to estimate the right price. A list of possible questions to ask the interviewer is as follows. Key Sample Questions: Revenue Questions What is the population of the country? What is the current cellular penetration? What is the cellular penetration for the most advanced country? What will be the penetration trend for the next five years? What is the average annual revenue for a single user? What is the market share of the 3 other wireless operators? Cost Questions What other fixed costs do we need to invest in? How long will they last before another round of investment have to be made? What are the variable costs per user? Competitive Questions What might happen if the other 3 wireless operators go to a price war knowing the entrance of a 4th competitor? How much will the revenue potentially fall? How will our cost compare to the existing wireless operators? Do they enjoy current Does our client have the capabilities to enter the industry?

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2014
eldega:

Thanks for your response..

Are the case studies we are analysing here close to what you saw last year?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2014
eldega:

Individual case study was just a page
.....u will be given between 20-30minutes to analyse it and 10mins for presentation to the panel of 2 or 3.

At the bolded, I may not argue with you but I 100% disagree. Let the lazy one rejoices but the wise one always have extra oil for their lamp. Just few weeks away, the reality will hit unexpectedly.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2014
thegreatman4ww:
At the bolded, I may not argue with you but I 100% disagree. Let the lazy one rejoices but the wise one always have extra oil for their lamp. Just few weeks away, the reality will hit unexpectedly.
Na wa for this kain few weeks o!
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2014
I don't care about how long or short the case study will be, I sha know they won't give me a case study without giving sufficient time to understand it before I discuss,I just want the interview date to come nd go,they sent test scores since July 2 and said next stage shortly abi dem no know meaning of shortly! I guess it'll take another 2 months like it took for them to get the test results, Chai we don suffer sha!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
thegreatman4ww:
I learnt you underwent the process last year...why not correct him if he's wrong?

Btw, Is what we're doing here close to what you saw last year? Thanks as I await your reply

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by daywalker12911(m): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Can anyone help me with last year's thread? Can't seem to find it anywhere
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cigie(m): 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
cc150615: I don't care about how long or short the case study will be, I sha know they won't give me a case study without giving sufficient time to understand it before I discuss,I just want the interview date to come nd go,they sent test scores since July 2 and said next stage shortly abi dem no know meaning of shortly! I guess it'll take another 2 months like it took for them to get the test results, Chai we don suffer sha!

Bro, the test score sent is for keystone test not UBN.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
cigie:

Bro, the test score sent is for keystone test not UBN.
Grammar error Sorry,ubn sent test results not scores, can't remember if it was only to successful candidates tho!
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 27, 2014
MarvellousGod: I learnt you underwent the process last year...why not correct him if he's wrong?

Btw, Is what we're doing here close to what you saw last year? Thanks as I await your reply
He claimed to be part of the process and give out what he was given, I don't av evidence against that, so nothing to correct unless the claim is false which I can't verified.
Above all, case studies given are not same so maybe for him/her it is just a page but for ppl I knew is nothing less than five and ranges btw five to eight pages. So some ppl might be lucky to be given half a page, it doesn't change the fact that u need to be well prepared.
Good thing about most case studies are everything you will be asked is limited to the information given. You have all you needed, the SWOT analysis are carefully embbeded in the case study so all you need is clear comprehension and understanding of the situation in the case study, logical reason with sound problems solving skills.

Always remember, you don't need to see what you see/know/understand about the subject of the case study but what they what you to know/see/understand about what they present to you . And most time, those scenarios (case studies) are some past cases encountered or current happenings in the bank (organization) that they had have some solutions to or still searching solutions for, can this candidate help in solving our problems and provide better solutions? That is the overral goals of the case study attached to personal presentation.

Yes some may not find solution to/identified problems on their own but are very useful team players (team lead or member) that can achieve better solutions when given clear targets and goals, that was the logical reasons behind group discussions.

Doing better in either may qualify one for next stage but doing best in both gives better chances becausr not all that are called shall be chosen.

More few weeks to prepare for better chance.

Wish everyone best of all better lucks; even if your efforts don't earn you UBN job, I believe it will certainly earn you better job and offer than this.

Cheers up, relax and keep hope alive.

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by eldega: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2014
thegreatman4ww:

There's nothing to argue abt and u dont av 2 agree with me bro but am more than 100% sure of what I did and passed........

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
@thegreatman4ww, thanks alot for your reply smiley
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by doyouknowjohnny: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
nice to see people give useful information on what to expect and how to tackle them..I've really learnt alot..
There are a lot of these case studies that I still have no clue on their genesis not to talk of revealing what is required..may God help US all..
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2014
MarvellousGod: @thegreatman4ww, thanks alot for your reply smiley
No mention.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
House, while I was thinking over the weekend, a scenario popped up in my brain. The scenario I eventually thought to be a perfect business case study and I'd love us to drop comments and feasible solutions on.

It might be to the gain of the said telecoy, if they've got a senior staff snooping through the thread...lol!

Here We Go;

[b]Nigeria has a country is blessed with 4 telecommunication giants, MTN, Airtel, Glo & Etisalat respectively. Going by the technological advent of the world, people are being shifted from use of devices and gadgets that run on Megabytes to ones that in a flash would sweep off Gig's. Going by this, Nigeria as a country has a challenge when It comes to data speed and this is evidently seen surfing via any of the basic data plans on offering, by the service providers.

Recently, Airtel rolled out a package termed 'Android Data Plan". This plan shocking going by the rates across board, is much affordable for most people. For example, 1Gig for #1,500 e.t.c . Prior to the roll out of this plan, Airtel has been noted for 'snail speed" and in some quarters, adjudged as the worst network in terms of data speed in Nigeria. This consequently, has led to the loss of 1.5million out of its original 3.2million customers and hence, a 40% dip in its data revenue.

The management of Airtel Nigeria has however walked up to you as a consultant, to please help revamp and give practical steps on how to
1. Win back the confidence on the lost customers and have them port back from the other networks they've shifted to.

2. increase it's customer base going by the advent of the new data plan. Despite the news in town about their 'snail speed".

How would you go about this?

Additional Information;
1. Nigeria's telecommunication customer base in total is projected at 18million people and going by trend, it's expected to increase with about 12% this year.

2. Bandwith cost from the supplier is pegged at $1million per 10,000Gigabyte.

3. The cost of laying fibre optics to serve a community of 1000 people is an average of #10million.

Thank You.
NB: Figures here are assumed by self.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Emeca: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Olucheye:

[b]Nigeria has a country is blessed with 4 telecommunication giants, MTN, Airtel, Glo & Etisalat respectively. Going by the technological advent of the world, people are being shifted from use of devices and gadgets that run on Megabytes to ones that in a flash would sweep off Gig's. Going by this, Nigeria as a country has a challenge when It comes to data speed and this is evidently seen surfing via any of the basic data plans on offering, by the service providers.

Recently, Airtel rolled out a package termed 'Android Data Plan". This plan shocking going by the rates across board, is much affordable for most people. For example, 1Gig for #1,500 e.t.c . Prior to the roll out of this plan, Airtel has been noted for 'snail speed" and in some quarters, adjudged as the worst network in terms of data speed in Nigeria. This consequently, has led to the loss of 1.5million out of its original 3.2million customers and hence, a 40% dip in its data revenue.

The management of Airtel Nigeria has however walked up to you as a consultant, to please help revamp and give practical steps on how to increase it's customer base going by the advent of the new data plan. How would you go about this?

Additional Information;
1. Nigeria's telecommunication customer base in total is projected at 18million people and going by trend, it's expected to increase with about 12% this year.

2. Bandwith cost from the supplier is pegged at $1million per 10,000Gigabyte.

3. The cost of laying fibre optics to serve a community of 1000 people is an average of #10million.

Thank You.
NB: Figures here are assumed by self.[/b]

Dis case study if u call it one to me is somewat simple. Whats d problem?? 'Snail' speed of d network resulting in loss of customers which in effect results to loss of revenue.

Probable solution to increase customer base?? Lay more fiber optics starting with more poulated and upscale cities and communities. Why?? Buying bandwidth at d aforementioned rate is way too expensive >> $100/Gig. Granted there could be discounts wit bulk purchase d question culd be, at what amount can they get it at abt $6-$7/Gig to make it profitable.

This rumination is tentative pending a final house solution. Btw...i hope am not missing sumtin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Aptitude Test 2013 / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.