Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here (145398 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
Rich4god: [s]lol... You don do PA to basket mouth before... But, what if someone tells them the truth... Like... " i applied for banking due to the economic situation of the country blah blah blah".... How does it sound...[/s]
what you are simply saying is that you ain't passionate about the banking sector or Union bank in particular and if any opportunity relating to your course of study should rear its head, you will jump ship instantly. That one na number one red flag wey dem go use take disqualify you sharperly. You have to tell them what they want to hear from you.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
Paroman: what you are simply saying is that you ain't passionate about the banking sector or Union bank in particular and if any opportunity relating to your course of study should rear its head, you will jump ship instantly. That one na number one red flag wey dem go use take disqualify you sharperly. You have to tell them what they want to hear from you.
Thanks alot my man... I appreciate... I fit pm you very soon...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by uchennn: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
Paroman: and you had to quote my lengthy post twice just to type this balderdash? angry I hope you know thunder will fire you too? grin
Yimu again grin *drops mic*
BTW, I don't even know the meaning of Yimu. Can a Yoruba Nairalander translate the meaning for me?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
uchennn:
Yimu again grin *drops mic*
BTW, I don't even know the meaning of Yimu. Can a Yoruba Nairalander translate the meaning for me?
E be like say this guy don high on fermented urine undecided ....... Below is a pictorial answer to what you asked. Now buzz off!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hallelujah Oga Paroman Don show oooo...
But wait o I Don read d case I know seem to understand o......, seriously, I think I need more info (abi I be olodo ni) like....reasons n d rate of exportation of amalar, reasons for reimportation, etc so as to know whether d new policy will affect Pfizer adversely or so..... I just wan talk I no sure if I dey road
somebody put me thru pls
.....still trying to digest d info anyway
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by sirmielee(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
TOYNEX:
1. I don't know
2. A bird in the hand , they say it's worth more than ten in d bush
3. If it were m, I will sincerely wait on God and seek divine guidance..... d bible says: there is a way that seemeth right unto man, but d end thereof is destruction.....
4. Every opportunity is worth given a try.... wisely
... wish u best of luck.

thanks boss
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
TOYNEX: Hallelujah Oga Paroman Don show oooo...
But wait o I Don read d case I know seem to understand o......, seriously, I think I need more info (abi I be olodo ni) like....reasons n d rate of exportation of amalar, reasons for reimportation, etc so as to know whether d new policy will affect Pfizer adversely or so..... I just wan talk I no sure if I dey road
somebody put me thru pls
.....still trying to digest d info anyway
Drug reimportation involves people in this country buying
Nigerian-made prescription drugs from countries to which Nig.
pharmaceutical companies export their products, either by
traveling there to buy drugs or purchasing them through the mail. People re-import drugs to save cost because the drugs are surprisingly cheaper in other countries Nigeria-made drugs were exported to. Nigeria-made drugs could be cheaper lets say in countries like Cameroon, Ghana etc because of difference in govt policies affecting price of drugs in those countries.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Tonynwaduche(m): 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sorry for diverting...did anyone get an e-mail 4rm Dragnet I jux got a mail with my Keystone bank aptitude test score, they said successful candidates will be contacted later.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by fumilara: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tonynwaduche: Sorry for diverting...did anyone get an e-mail 4rm Dragnet I jux got a mail with my Keystone bank aptitude test score, they said successful candidates will be contacted later.
. I got the mail too
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Tonynwaduche(m): 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
fumilara: . I got the mail too
ok, I thought they've already contacted d successful ones some months ago.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
make I check my mail... Hoping to see a better score... Questions for everyone... Esp those in non-financial related field... If during the Union Bank interview, you were asked... "would you leave UBN if you get an offer in your field...?" what will be your response...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by funmies: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Union bank pls call us for next stage oo. We are tired of waiting cry cry
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
funmies: Union bank pls call us for next stage oo. We are tired of waiting cry cry
just few weeks ahead.........invitations will start rolling in to email boxes.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegreatman4ww:
just few weeks ahead.........invitations will start rolling in to email boxes.
how many weeks do you call few weeks?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
MarvellousGod: how many weeks do you call few weeks?
Just fifteen more weeks or so

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by funmies: 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Paroman: Just fifteen more weeks or so
lol grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2014
Make una respond to this na...
Rich4god: Questions for everyone... Esp those in non-financial related field... If during the Union Bank interview, you were asked... "would you leave UBN if you get an offer in your field...?" what will be your response...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by happydasy: 9:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Rich4god: Make una respond to this na...
Ok
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by XtraSmooth404: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2014
It's obviously a 'yes' or 'no' question which depends on you. QED.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Paroman: Ok new case study for us to brainstorm on. If that yeye antispambot try ban me again, na die e go be for two us be that.

Amalar, marketed by Nigerian multinational pharmaceutical corporation Pfizer as a calcium salt, is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering blood cholesterol. As one of the best selling drugs in pharmaceutical history, sales of Amalar since it was approved in 1998 exceed N325 billion as of 2015, and the drug has topped the list of best-selling branded pharmaceuticals in Africa for nearly a decade. Now the real case question: what do you think is going to happen after the 2015 Nigerian presidential election if General Buhari wins and drug re-importation from Ghana is legalized? I’d like to know what you think the impact will be to the pharmaceutical industry in general, and to Amalar in particular. If it’s negative, how can we (Pfizer) mitigate it?

Additional Information: Amalar is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors. In Nigeria, the Amalar market is N12 Billion a year. Amalar is manufactured in Abia state.
What is drug re-importation? Drug re-importation refers to the practice of importing back to Nigeria prescription drugs that were originally manufactured in the Nigeria and exported for sale in another country.
Most often, Nigerians re- import drugs for personal use by filling their prescriptions in Ghana or Senegal pharmacies, either in person, or through mail-order or Internet pharmacies.Drug reimportation involves people in this country buying
traveling there to buy drugs or purchasing them through the mail.
Further Explanation:

people re-import drugs to save cost because the drugs are
surprisingly cheaper in other countries Nigeria-made drugs were
exported to. Nigeria-made drugs could be cheaper lets say in
countries like Cameroon, Ghana etc because of difference in govt
policies affecting price of drugs in those countries.

Amalar...... ehmmm, lemme attempt dis.

I'm an engineer, a conc one at that, and I'm clueless about all dis sorta things, so don't call me an Olodo after I muddle up everything.

Amala is used to treat

1. High cholesterol
2. lower the risk of stroke and heart attack
3. Lower the risk of heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors

Heart diseases and diabetes are two major diseases/illness (or whatever nonsense medical folks call them) affecting the Nigerian populates presently. 2 out of 5 Nigerians presently has an High Blood Pressure (don't quote me on this oh);;;;;;;;;;;so one can assume that there will be a high demand for a drug that can lower the risk of getting an heart attack and/or other complications. This is evident on the revenue generated from the sales of Amalar in Nigeria.

Pfizer makes an average of N19.12billion from the sales of Amalar annually as at 2015, out of which N12billion is the revenue generated annually from local sales and N7.12billion from export so it can be inferred that the Nigerian market has contributed significantly to the brand achieving the status of the best-selling branded pharmaceuticals in Africa for nearly a decade.

One can also assume that the profit generated from Export is relatively lower than that generated in the Local market due to the reduced cost price of exports.

If General Buhari wins and drug re-importation from Ghana is legalized, then Pfizer is in soup.

Pfizer would still be forced to sell Amalar to Ghana at a lower cost price because of the government policy affecting price of drugs in that country and Nigerians will re-import the drug to save cost. Obviously the Nigerian Market for Amalar will suffer a major blow.

Even though there might be an increase in the volume of export of Amalar that Pfizer makes, the profit generated from it will still be negligible when compared to the one it used to generate locally.

One should also put in mind the cost of production. Production costs include -
1. Fueling the Generator to make it run constantly because the power supply in Abia State where Amalar is being produced is epileptic
2. The cost of Skilled and unskilled labour
3. The Dues Pfizer pays to the pharmaceutical union monthly
4. Miscellaneous costs.

From all that's listed above, it can be concluded that the cost of production in Nigeria is very high and without the profit being generated from the Nigerian Market, the company is headed for a moribund regardless of the export volume.

Options that are open to Pfizer to prevent itself from declaring bankruptcy are:

1. Reduce the volume of export: if the volume of export is reduced significantly, there will be an artificial scarcity in Ghanian market. Since Amalar is a drug that must be used on a daily basis by its consumers, they would be forced to buy from the Nigerian market which will in turn give Plizer the much desired revenue from the Nigerian market.

2. Relocate to Ghana.

The cost of production in Ghana is not as high as that of Nigeria. So the company can relocate to Ghana, and export to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by precious00: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
1)if buhari wins, it wud be a tragedy for the pharmaceutical companies, local sales which is the main source of revenue would experience a sharp decline

2)pfizer shud use the law of demand/supply to its advantage, create an articifial scarcity of amalar in ghana(avoid flooding or saturating the ghana market), this can be done by ensuring that ghana's market is supplied with far less than what it needs, this would in turn increase demand and price..so when nigerians see the cost in ghana, they would be forced to buy from the local market..for the ghanians affected by this scarcity, they can purchase the product from nigeria "if ghana's policy allows that"
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
topelouis:

Amalar...... ehmmm, lemme attempt dis.

I'm an engineer, a conc one at that, and I'm clueless about all dis sorta things, so don't call me an Olodo after I muddle up everything.

Amala is used to treat

1. High cholesterol
2. lower the risk of stroke and heart attack
3. Lower the risk of heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors

Heart diseases and diabetes are two major diseases/illness (or whatever nonsense medical folks call them) affecting the Nigerian populates presently. 2 out of 5 Nigerians presently has an High Blood Pressure (don't quote me on this oh);;;;;;;;;;;so one can assume that there will be a high demand for a drug that can lower the risk of getting an heart attack and/or other complications. This is evident on the revenue generated from the sales of Amalar in Nigeria.

Pfizer makes an average of N19.12billion from the sales of Amalar annually as at 2015, out of which N12billion is the revenue generated annually from local sales and N7.12billion from export so it can be inferred that the Nigerian market has contributed significantly to the brand achieving the status of the best-selling branded pharmaceuticals in Africa for nearly a decade.

One can also assume that the profit generated from Export is relatively lower than that generated in the Local market due to the reduced cost price of exports.

If General Buhari wins and drug re-importation from Ghana is legalized, then Pfizer is in soup.

Pfizer would still be forced to sell Amalar to Ghana at a lower cost price because of the government policy affecting price of drugs in that country and Nigerians will re-import the drug to save cost. Obviously the Nigerian Market for Amalar will suffer a major blow.

Even though there might be an increase in the volume of export of Amalar that Pfizer makes, the profit generated from it will still be negligible when compared to the one it used to generate locally.

One should also put in mind the cost of production. Production costs include -
1. Fueling the Generator to make it run constantly because the power supply in Abia State where Amalar is being produced is epileptic
2. The cost of Skilled and unskilled labour
3. The Dues Pfizer pays to the pharmaceutical union monthly
4. Miscellaneous costs.

From all that's listed above, it can be concluded that the cost of production in Nigeria is very high and without the profit being generated from the Nigerian Market, the company is headed for a moribund regardless of the export volume.

Options that are open to Pfizer to prevent itself from declaring bankruptcy are:

1. Reduce the volume of export: if the volume of export is reduced significantly, there will be an artificial scarcity in Ghanian market. Since Amalar is a drug that must be used on a daily basis by its consumers, they would be forced to buy from the Nigerian market which will in turn give Plizer the much desired revenue from the Nigerian market.

2. Relocate to Ghana.

The cost of production in Ghana is not as high as that of Nigeria. So the company can relocate to Ghana, and export to Nigeria.
Hmmm *sighs* .. Abeg bro, na inside the case study u take see all dis facts? Abi na to de assume? I don read read tire drop ma phone as I no understand wetin I go type.. Na I'm u just scatter analysis *fake or real* for here...
Na only Jesus be my Hope ooo
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Is the case study we are going to be given be as long as the ones I see here?? undecided undecided
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by JAGZZ: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
MarvellousGod: Is the case study we are going to be given be as long as the ones I see here?? undecided undecided

The ones you are seeing here are even too short. Union Bank case studies would be like 6-7 pages.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by happydasy: 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Paroman: Ok new case study for us to brainstorm on. If that yeye antispambot try ban me again, na die e go be for two us be that.

Amalar, marketed by Nigerian multinational pharmaceutical corporation Pfizer as a calcium salt, is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering blood cholesterol. As one of the best selling drugs in pharmaceutical history, sales of Amalar since it was approved in 1998 exceed N325 billion as of 2015, and the drug has topped the list of best-selling branded pharmaceuticals in Africa for nearly a decade. Now the real case question: what do you think is going to happen after the 2015 Nigerian presidential election if General Buhari wins and drug re-importation from Ghana is legalized? I’d like to know what you think the impact will be to the pharmaceutical industry in general, and to Amalar in particular. If it’s negative, how can we (Pfizer) mitigate it?

Additional Information: Amalar is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors. In Nigeria, the Amalar market is N12 Billion a year. Amalar is manufactured in Abia state.
What is drug re-importation? Drug re-importation refers to the practice of importing back to Nigeria prescription drugs that were originally manufactured in the Nigeria and exported for sale in another country.
Most often, Nigerians re- import drugs for personal use by filling their prescriptions in Ghana or Senegal pharmacies, either in person, or through mail-order or Internet pharmacies.Drug reimportation involves people in this country buying
traveling there to buy drugs or purchasing them through the mail.
Further Explanation:

people re-import drugs to save cost because the drugs are
surprisingly cheaper in other countries Nigeria-made drugs were
exported to. Nigeria-made drugs could be cheaper lets say in
countries like Cameroon, Ghana etc because of difference in govt
policies affecting price of drugs in those countries.
lemme come in here. D only solution 2 dis is INCREASE d price @ which amalar is been sold 2 foreign countries. Cos it is cheaper over there cos we gave them @ a cheaper price. Makes pple go over der 2 buy it @ cheaper price nd re-import it to save cost n make profit. So wen d prices r higher in foreign countries it wit discourage re-importation.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
MarvellousGod: Is the case study we are going to be given be as long as the ones I see here?? undecided undecided
Babe, dy said it will even be longer like 6 or 7 pages nd short time to read it fa,another dragnet,abeg make dem change style for our own interview, hian! must dey use case study? Me don tire o,7 pages no be beans
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
happydasy: lemme come in here. D only solution 2 dis is INCREASE d price @ which amalar is been sold 2 foreign countries. Cos it is cheaper over there cos we gave them @ a cheaper price. Makes pple go over der 2 buy it @ cheaper price nd re-import it to save cost n make profit. So wen d prices r higher in foreign countries it wit discourage re-importation.

They can't increase the price its been sold to foreign countries because there are policies governing the prices of drugs in those countries
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rich4god: Questions for everyone... Esp those in non-financial related field... If during the Union Bank interview, you were asked... "would you leave UBN if you get an offer in your field...?" what will be your response...
hahaha, this question na die! Them wan hook you for one corner with this question.

Interview: would you leave Union Bank if get an offer in your field?

Me: hahahaha, una wan catch me for one corner ba? God go no gree una....*smiles why smooching his beard*
Interviewer: Mr man answer me angry

Me: Depends Sir. If I receive an offer in my field, I would need to make a career evaluation by considering certain factors before making a decision. Sir, I definitely would love to work in the banking sector and I'm highly passionate about pursuing a career in Union bank but if I get an offer from my field, I would have to consider the following;

1: Well I'm much a career person, and I hope within the next 5 years or so, I would be a management staff in UB, having more responsibilities and contributing more to the expansion of this bank. If after a self-evaluation of my career in UB, I discover I'm not in the right path toward achieving my career objective or I'm not well appreciated in Union Bank, I'm MIGHT be tempted to accept the offer.

2. Secondly, it also depends on how well I'm developing and improving as an employee with Union bank. If I feel I'm developing well and my efforts are being recognized, I definitely have no reason to leave. Hehehehehehe grin grin *smooches his beards again, while smiling from ear to ear*

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
JAGZZ:

The ones you are seeing here are even too short. Union Bank case studies would be like 6-7 pages.
huuh?? shocked shocked shocked
cc150615:
Babe, dy said it will even be longer like 6 or 7 pages nd short time to read it fa,another dragnet,abeg make dem change style for our own interview, hian! must dey use case study? Me don tire o,7 pages no be beans
lol I pray they do oo, even if they don't, we must scale through, God dey cool...btw, time to take the ones I see here seriously, was thinking they're too long, so wasn't bothered...

Paroman, please do you have any questions on case studies you can send to me?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by inibro(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014

Guy just tell dem you be first son nd na community send you go university say u need pay back.

"Oga interviewer, I need dis job, Ngozi my sister needs to pay her school fees and Adamu my brother needs new clothes, Abeg give me dis job"
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by swagoon: 6:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Case study:
The Engineering supervisor.
Background:
Teddy Eze was made the Engineering Supervisor in 1999, two years ago after he joined Sunshine Industries Limited. Teddy had 12 engineering aides and drafts persons who drop or codify schematic diagrams based on instructions from engineers.

FRANK WILSON JOINS TEDDY'S TEAM:
Frank had worked in sunshine Industries Ltd for 3 years. He was well accepted on Teddy's team. Three months after joining the team, Frank's assertiveness led him to speak out about situations that made it difficult for the team to achieve remarkable performance. Three weeks after Frank's complaints, the absence log book started to register Frank's absence from work. The trend became consistent for subsequent months. The teastarted to decline. Tasks began to fall behind schedule. There was great pressure to use overtime to catch up.

THE RESPONSE OF ENGINEERING MANAGER:
The manager yelled out in anger. No question of overtime. Things can not just continue like this! Our productivity is falling. All the K.P.Is show it! Teddy do something. Take action swiftly to provide solutions. We can count on you Teddy.

Questions:
A. Identify the reason for Frank's absence from work.
B. What is the main problem of the case?

C. What type of manager-leader is Teddy?
D. Suggest recommendations to solve Frank's problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Aptitude Test 2013 / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.