Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here (145613 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
oluwarantimi:

Let me try this. embarassed forgive my use of probabilities. I don't know if that is allowed in solving case studies. Correct me if it isn't.

I believe the sales drop can be attributed to the growth of the firearm Industry in the U.S which is 6% in the last two years. This can also be the reason for the 10% drop in the market share between the year 2009 to 2011.
Another reason behind the sales drop might also be the introduction of a cheaper alternative that is the Beretta M9 by Brescia. Clients would rather go for a cheaper version of a product if it works perfectly well and serves it's main purpose.

Solution
Since outsourcing the production of firearms by Brescia helped the company in the production of a cheaper arm. The colt manufacturer should also look into outsourcing the production of one of their arms so as to be able to produce a cheap arm to combat that of Brescia's berrata m9 that would increase sales and also gain back their market share.

Whewww... forgive any typo.
You have done well bro, I like the way analysed what could be the reasons for the decline in sales, your solutions ain't bad either.
Ok but I'll pretend to be an interviewer and throw some questions at you based on your analysis. But before that, I will correct a few errors in your analysis.
[quote author]Since outsourcing the production of firearms by Brescia helped the company in the production of a cheaper arm.[/quote] The rival company is called Berreta, located in Brescia, Italy.

You said this
oluwarantimi: The colt manufacturer should also look into outsourcing the production of one of their arms so as to be able to produce a cheap arm to combat that of Brescia's berrata m9 that would increase sales and also gain back their market share.
Don't you feel the Colt Manufacturing company needs to look into aggressively marketing their product than outsourcing some of their operations? Especially since they still dominate the market with around 45% market share.
Or maybe they should be innovative and daring with their newly introduced products hereby gaining back customer's interest and the market share invariably? Or they could even find a new market both new and existing product rather than relying on the sales they get from USA. undecided

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by chudidonas(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
Paroman: Bros these case study questions ain't as difficult as you guys make it seem, all that you need to solve one is for you to believe you can solve it, no matter how alien it seems to you at your first read. It is just like going for an exam you are not really prepared for. You see questions so alien to you and fear all of a sudden grips you, hereby, destabilizes your morale, making you feel you can't answer those questions. But once you shake of that fear, you make an attempt at answering one question, then your confidence builds, before you know it, you have done way far than you initially thought you could. That is exactly the same way answering these case study questions is.

Before attempting any case study, get a sheet of paper and write these steps written below to serve as a guide to you, believe me you go scatter any question (that was what I told the guy I quoted above and see how he perfectly analyzed the case study after following the stated steps).

If you're asked a case interview question, organize
responses as follows:
1. Define the Problem Explain how the problem affects productivity
at work.
2. Analyze the Problem Describe how you collect data and other
important information necessary to resolve complex problems.
3. Generate possible Solutions Describe factors you consider when
proposing solutions: how did you determine the primary causes?
What steps do you take to propose solutions? What do you
consider before proposing solutions?
4. Select the best Solution(s) and course of actions. Justify the
reasons behind a solution you recommended: what factors led to
this decision? What goals did you set? How did you brainstorm
ideas and involve team members. Additionally, explain how you
conducted risk management.
5. Lesson learned Explain in detail what you learned from the
process and what you'll do differently in the future.

Whatever comes to your head, write it down and post it here. If we feel there are areas you need to work on, we will gladly state them. Afterall, that is the beauty of brainstorming. Thank you smiley
^^ This is absolutely true. Think like you own the business and analyzing/solving the case studies will become easier. Thanks Paroman
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by JAGZZ: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2014
Nice one guys and thumbs up Paroman for the case studies.

Let me just chip this in. During the assessment, just be yourself and be confident. Let your YES be YES and your NO be NO, don't be shaky because the interviewers will try as much as possible to change your decision to suite theirs, so do not give and stand by your decision with great points and ideas.

The case studies for both the personal and group presentation will be like 6 to 7 pages each so you must be a fast reader and a fast 'understander', note down some vital points if necessary on a sheet so your won't forget the key points when presenting. Your presentation might be on a paper trail unlike the usual powerpoint presentation, so let your writing be good and clear.

During the group presentation preparation, try as much as possible to contribute meaningfully 'cause all the interviewers (like 6 or thereabout) will be there watching you guys as you are preparing, delegating responsibilities, accepting roles, contributing points and all. They will all be hearing you guys.

A friend told me during his group presentation, everyone was running from presenting 'cause no one wanted to be faulted and all that. So he then came out and asked his team mates if any of them would like to lead but no one shew interested , then he decided to lead. He asked them for their own point of views according to the case study, contributions and all. And when it was time to present proper, no one volunteered to present, so he came up again and as he was about to start presenting, one of the panel told him to stop. The panel said they have seen what they wanted, so no need for presentation again.

He was the only one that got the job out of the group.

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by doubleportion86: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
davide470: Union, I think now pays a Gross value of approx. 226kNGN monthly.. While Unity, I think is paying between 60 - 75kNGN for a start till after confirmation (about a year later), then it shoots up.
Is like u work with union bank or u have a strong insider cos that was exactly what was paid last month to officer3.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
doubleportion86:
Is like u work with union bank or u have a strong insider cos that was exactly what was paid last month to officer3.
You only need to know someone that works there
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by JAGZZ: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
That N226k figure for entry level is so valid.

Right now, Union Bank is one of the top 3 highest paying bank with their recent review. I think its only Diamond bank that pays more than them.

Lots of re-branding is really going on.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by omidan21: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
When is it likely for interview invites to start rolling in. Any one with an idea. grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
JAGZZ:

That N226k figure for entry level is so valid.

davide470:
Union, I think now pays a Gross value of approx. 226kNGN monthly .. While Unity, I think is paying between 60 - 75kNGN for a start till after confirmation (about a year later), then it shoots up.

UBN monthly take home pay for unconfirmed entry level officer is just four above two hundred.

doubleportion86:
Though the above is true because some arrears were paid for the month in question.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cc150615(f): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
thegreatman4ww:

UBN monthly take home pay for unconfirmed entry level officer is just four above two hundred.

Though the above is true because some arrears were paid for the month in question.
Abeg answer the question of when we're expecting interview invites
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by uchennn: 6:05am On Jul 11, 2014
hmm... over 226k per month at stake.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2014
Going by the above posts, I fear how must of those who will eventually be called for interview will scale through, cases in the last interview shows that all members of some groups were invited for medicals, some none, some only one and some all but one.

Before you one makes comment, ones needs to have gone tru all recent comments. This also applies to those case studies that will be given and I believe they are not as hard as those one posted here so also not as short as it is. Be very curious to know only the dates though can be normal but should not be a priority for now. The nature of the interview has been given and possible areas of skills you need to learn and develop has also been suggested, why not occupying yourself with learning and developing/researching the suggested areas so that you can perform brilliantly in the interview. And mind you, the interviewers may at their discretion (for whatever reasons best know to them at DIE MINUTES) move slightly from known norms, you might then becomes distabilize because what you will encounter will be SLIGHTLY different from expected. Read/research/learn wide and concentrate/specialize on major known facts because Assessment Center is not limited only to Personal presentation and group discussion. They might even decided to adopted normal face to face/oral interview based on your knowledge (not experience) of banking sector and UBN, remember how NECO just chose to adopt questions with TYPES in selected subject this year.

Above all, you are pushing for a job with better monthly take home (logically stated in my previous post) and institution that cares more for her staff; so the waiting, stress and study is justifiable. For record purpose let help you with this year thread.
April/May 2014 Online Application
May/June 2014 First Personality Test/Apptitude Test/Second Personality Test
July 2014 Test Congratulatory/Regrett Message sent

At least one should logically knows the maximum time for interview invitation to start. Maybe I should just confirm it right now
#Interview till 2019# grin grin grin

just keep learning and developing your comprehension, presentation, team work and communication (mostly speech making and reading) skills. I believe search engines are readily available with your MBs to help you on this wink

5 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Solumtoya: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2014
happydasy: grin hahahehehe, bin offline 4 sum days, I tot by now dis thread must hv hit 20pages. Dis thread reminds me of one recruitment thread. Seems na OYO tins here. U wil tink few pple got d success mail, na lie. They plenty, they do com here n peep n leave. They r seriously reading n studying.durin d interview u go knw say pple plenty. Anyways na one babe I find com here, who don see her ooo?
It might not be like that. Mine, for instance, I couldn't reply or post anything since NL came back. Lost my account and couldn't still reply nor post with the New one. So, chill, people might be encountering same difficulty!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Please, who knows the whereabouts of Scad and wummiegirl ?? I miss them....

#sorry for derailing
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by omidan21: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Heard deir recruitment process takes long. Interview wld starrt rollinng in by dis time nxt year.Toooh! D key to dis thread is with me anyone dat needs to come in at anypoint shld request from me. Enough time for case study preparatio be dat. Thrread locked up till further notice
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Lero15(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
MarvellousGod: Please, who knows the whereabouts of Scad and wummiegirl ?? I miss them....

#sorry for derailing
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
omidan21: Heard deir recruitment process takes long. Interview wld starrt rollinng in by dis time nxt year.Toooh! D key to dis thread is with me anyone dat needs to come in at anypoint shld request from me. Enough time for case study preparatio be dat. Thrread locked up till further notice
grin grin grin...give me those keys jare, we ain't locking this thread... angry

From the mail, they said next stage will be communicated "shortly", so I don't think the invites will take that long undecided
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olutola88(m): 9:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Paroman: We need more of you guys solving these questions biko.
We are all here to learn. Below is Case study 3

Our client Colt’s Manufacturing Company (CMC, formerly Colt’s Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company) is a United States firearms manufacturer headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut. Colt is best known for the engineering, production, and marketing of firearms over the later half of the 19th and the 20th
century. Colt’s earliest designs played a major role in the popularization of the revolver and
the shift away from earlier single-
shot pistols. The most famous
Colt products include the Walker
Colt, Single Action Army or

from the case study above it is
Peacemaker, and the Colt Python.
Colt has been the national market leader of firearm manufacturing
and sales for more than 150 years. Recently, however, they have seen a sharp decrease in sales. What are the reasons of their sales
drop and what can we do to proliferate sales?

Additional Information:
Colt’s market share in year 2011 was 45%; in 2009 was 55%.
The firearms industry in the U.S. has grown by 3% annually in
the last two years.
The most popular “Colt M1911″ pistol constitutes 70% of Colt’s
sales. Remaining sales are from specialty firearms suppliers.
Costs of production, distribution and marketing have not
changed over the last two years.
Prices increased only with the rate of inflation.
Brescia, Italy based Italian firearms manufacturer Beretta entered
the U.S. market in 2007 and has since been growing rapidly.
They outsource their production and thus offer a cheaper
alternative: the “Beretta M9″.
Besides a few small local companies, no new company has
entered the U.S. firearms industry.

from the case study, it is conspicuous that CMC is a giant in the industry and they might have enjoyed monopoly at the early years of production and never planned for the advent of competitors in coming years . the following are my conclusions from the case study
1. CMC allowed the the large market share they've been enjoying to enter their heads. this is conspicuous from the information given above that CMC have been using THE SAME production and sales techniques. we are in the 21st century, a world where changes, innovations and inventions surface everday of the year. so, for any giant to remain a giant, he has to update his strategies and techniques. "Sharpen your sword after winning every battle" another saying goes like this" celebrate your success each time you succeed but make sure you raise the bar a little higher after every success"

2. the case study revealed that the industry has been increasing by 3% every year, this directly tells us that new companies have been surfacing in the industry and they will automatically command some percentage of the current market. in a situation where the case study didn't state a noticeable increase in the demand for firearm products, then the companies in the industry will have to share the available market putting CMC at a disadvantage

3. consumers have natural affinity for new products. they want to try out and see what it looks like. therefore, automatically causing a reduction in the sales CMC would have. the situation will then be worse for CMC if these consumers that love to change taste eventually find the new products as good as that of CMC or better than that of CMC.

MY RECOMMENDATION
1. CMC should understand that there is a change in the industry and they have to go back to the drawing table. do a comprehensive market survey to know what values consumers want them to add to their products, rebrand their products so as to make the products meet the taste of time. new packaging, production of different forms and sizes of products, more advertisements among other marketing strategies will definitely help CMC

2. CMC needs to understand the bitter truth that the industry is growing probably faster than the demand and this implies that even after all the useful strategies have been put in place, they might still not be able to attain that share of the firearms product market they desire. To this note, I suggest that CMC should look for new market outside their locality. they should keep competing aggressively in their present US industry while they establish other markets outside.

take this for now grin grin. I applied but didn't get an invite for the test( I'm sure it was due to my non-completion of NYSC)

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
MarvellousGod: Please, who knows the whereabouts of Scad and wummiegirl ?? I miss them....

#sorry for derailing

Check ur pm
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olutola88(m): 5:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Paroman: We need more of you guys solving these questions biko.
We are all here to learn. Below is Case study 3

Our client Colt’s Manufacturing Company (CMC, formerly Colt’s Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company) is a United States firearms manufacturer headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut. Colt is best known for the engineering, production, and marketing of firearms over the later half of the 19th and the 20th
century. Colt’s earliest designs played a major role in the popularization of the revolver and
the shift away from earlier single-
shot pistols. The most famous
Colt products include the Walker
Colt, Single Action Army or
Peacemaker, and the Colt Python.
Colt has been the national market leader of firearm manufacturing
and sales for more than 150 years. Recently, however, they have seen a sharp decrease in sales. What are the reasons of their sales
drop and what can we do to proliferate sales?

Additional Information:
Colt’s market share in year 2011 was 45%; in 2009 was 55%.
The firearms industry in the U.S. has grown by 3% annually in
the last two years.
The most popular “Colt M1911″ pistol constitutes 70% of Colt’s
sales. Remaining sales are from specialty firearms suppliers.
Costs of production, distribution and marketing have not
changed over the last two years.
Prices increased only with the rate of inflation.
Brescia, Italy based Italian firearms manufacturer Beretta entered
the U.S. market in 2007 and has since been growing rapidly.
They outsource their production and thus offer a cheaper
alternative: the “Beretta M9″.
Besides a few small local companies, no new company has
entered the U.S. firearms industry.
Mr Paroman, more of the case study questions please!
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by omenpetrol: 8:34am On Jul 14, 2014
JAGZZ: That N226k figure for entry level is so valid.

Right now, Union Bank is one of the top 3 highest paying bank with their recent review. I think its only Diamond bank that pays more than them.

heard about the upward salary review that sounds really nice (got the info from a banker).
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2014
tobiflink:

Check ur pm
seen....thanks alot smiley
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by BRAINNY(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
grin grin, swag dey dey swell person bank account?

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
omenpetrol: heard about the upward salary review that sounds really nice (got the info from a banker), only say the bank no get swag.
oga biko dat 'swag' na bonus abi extra salariés ?
i just de ask o No vex
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olutola88(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
SWAG is the easiest thing to get. Why do you think they've been doing all these rebranding? 1.They are trying to retrench the older personnel and recruit the fresh-blooded ones. 2. They are trying to offer a very competitive reward making more talented young individuals want to work with UBN. 3. What will the members of staff be doing with the over 200K per month? Tell me they won't be capable of buying the latest designer office wears, look fresh, immaculate and elegant. What else will define SWAG? You go fear fear! #teamUnionBankofNigeria

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by spicytash88(f): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
smileyIn the start of any biz necessary steps needs 2 to b taken into consideration,such as dobj of opening such biz ,d risk involved,a market survey hs 2 be done.all this steps wl enable u knw weda d biz wl be profitable or not.

In assessment of Case study 2,the goal of d biz owner are
Increase in Profit
Diversification of biz
Increase in customer base
And increase in customers satisfaction.

The Prob dat mite be encountered based on d risk assessment taken include
1)D amount of customers that frequent d petrolstation dat actually visitd surrounding casinos has 2 be taken into consideration,if d biz owner customers who buy petrol, do not enjoy d benefit 4rm d surrounding casinos dat wld result in a decrease in customers who wld utilize d slot machine.
2)Based on d info gvn,d cost of one slot machine =500000,Licensing fee=100000,Electricity=365*100=36500
Expected turnova=50% of 20000=10000 Revenue per day
Per year =10000*365=3650000
Taxes=30%of 3650000
Installation+licensing+ Electricity=3013500(Profit b4 tax)
Profit after tax =3013500-904050=2109450(Profit after tax)
Expected Profit-Profit after tax=3650000-2109450=1540550(less dan expected profit)

3)Since d biz owners petrolstation is located arund hotels and casinos whr slot machines r availabled prob of competition may arise.in order 2 avoid dis a survey needs 2 be carried out 2 knw d wants and needs of d customers and hw 2 go abt satisfying their wants.
4)D Prob of security risk would arise as a large amount of mney would be involved in running d slot machine biz,dis can be controlled by increasing security

Bsed on d risk assessment taken nd d soln gvn it would be advisable 4 your friend 2 install d slot machine in his petrol station.Even if his expected payout wldnt be achieved,he wl stl make profit from the installation of d machineand wld be able 2 brk even.in d longrun an increase in profit would be expected wit a reduction in direct expenses 4 installing d machine.therefore it wld be a win win situation 4 your friend wit an increase in profit frmbth the slot machine and d petrol station.

Pls no laughter o, jst corrections abeg

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by omenpetrol: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
TOYNEX: oga biko dat 'swag' na bonus abi extra salariés ?
i just de ask o No vex
lol I no vex. Just reason with me. I work with GT. Or Citi. (Swag+respest). I work with Union (old school). grin grin. On a more serious note swag no count na money matter. See you at the top. One love.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by chudidonas(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
Let us turn Old-school to New-school then... Shall we? grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by daywalker12911(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by omenpetrol: 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
chudidonas: Let us turn Old-school to New-school then... Shall we? grin
Am game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Aptitude Test 2013 / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.