Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480328 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2015
linked:

Thanks girlie

I hope any of these stations(ait, nta, silverbird, Mitv and Ltv) will air it live apart from Ntasport on startime
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 29, 2015
linked:
Please... Who will be watching tonight's matches?
There is no match tonight.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by robosky02(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03:

where do you intend to watch it? Online?

think for yourself i have my ways sorted out already...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03:

No info presently that points that ss3, ss9, ss select and co. will cover the entire tourney. Viewers may have to look elsewhere. Too bad.
supersport will show it. If they showed the u-20 african youth championship then they will surely show the worldcup. I will check the channels for u.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
linked:

Thanks girlie

I hope any of these stations(ait, nta, silverbird, Mitv and Ltv) will air the matches live apart from Ntasport on startime
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
don't mind that castrated he-goat with a mouth filled with rotten dung.

The cretin likes to stalk me in sports section and annoy me. No be today I sabi the person. As far back as 2013, he's been carrying a grudge after I repeatedly shot down his eediotic opinions on the SE then.

The minute his boyfriend is through sodomizing his a-hole, he comes on NL, searches for my moniker and spills his frustrations on me as if i'm the cause of his misfortunes.

I've treated his phuck ups repeatedly, but I refuse to engage him in his tomfoolery tonight, he'll have to find someone else to play with

Miss SafariGirl... *smiles* I knw it's not easy being the only 'super analyst' female in the midst of testosterone-dominant persons. I may not understand how pissed off u are by Sir Billante but pls calm down... *smiles* I truly admire ur person despite all dat hv been said abt u... Ur badmouth? Hahaha... From previous pages on this thread, I've seen ur 'good mouth' and dat's d safari girl I Know, Like and admire. DONT LET ANYONE MAKE U LUK BAD COZ U ARE NOT... You are Safarigirl... A highly intelligent individual/analyst and a brilliant conversationalist. Pls Miss... Use words to show urself great and never to defeat or degrade urself. You're far beta dan 'that'... *smiles*
And u're not empty... Though I haven't met u... I've seen some of the best of u in previous pages on this thread from pg.1 till now. I'm not a fan but I speak the Truth... You are truly one of a kind... Yes, not perfect(you'll get there) but Someone 'truly' special and I wud nt mind meeting u face to face... Peace Y'all... And big smiles at Sir LeeCODEMAN's hands off... YOU'RE FUNNY SIR *smiles*
GO GO GO 'SUPER' FLYING EAGLES... (sori, cant do without saying dat) *big smiles*

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03:

No info presently that points that ss3, ss9, ss select and co. will cover the entire tourney. Viewers may have to look elsewhere. Too bad.
very very bad bros!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ajf(m): 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
N/Zealand Vs. Ukraine @ midnight

USA vs. Myanmar @ 3am

Argentina vs. Panama @ 3am

Ghana vs. Austria @ 6am

New Zealand vs Ukraine - 2am

USA vs Myanmar - 5am

Agentina vs Panama -5am

Ghana vs Austria - 8am

Linked and Robosky02 take note...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 10:03pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
Wow, just saw the French U20 team that won the last WYC and I must say this of some of their players......i've seen lighter Ghanaians than dem niggas grin grin
lol so true, i think the french players of senegalese and malian descent are really dark.... Btw what is your prediction for the nigeria v brazil game?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2015
tbaba1234:
Xavi, casillas, Ronaldinho, forlan all played Nigeria 99
Abeg where is ikedia and Aghahowa?

Only yobo played for long.

Nigeria '99 was loaded with stars. Let me try and add some names. Aurelio, Edu, Mancini, Chevanton, Santa Cruz, Baiano, Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Cambiasso, Machenna, Shinji Ono, Rafael Marquez
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
N/Zealand Vs. Ukraine @ midnight

USA vs. Myanmar @ 3am

Argentina vs. Panama @ 3am

Ghana vs. Austria @ 6am
will the 3am matches be played simultaneously?? Plus what is the accurate naija time for the first game?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08pm On May 29, 2015
Can you explain how to that Nonsense Goal Keeper, Emeka Okafor got picked ahead of Ajiboye?

If Manu Garba handled that team, most of thr boys from that U17 winning team woukd have made it to the U20 World Cup.

linked:
Ganiyu oseni was an total failure at the AYC even with all the incentive CSKA gave him. He was promised a certain amount for each goal he score... Dat guy was rubbish... Laddan bosso had no choice but to relegate him to the bench....In fact at the end of the AYC CSKA fined him for an abysmal performance at the AYC... After the AYC the coaching crew was disbanded and Siasia took over barely two months to the WYC... I myself knew siasia wont do so well cos he hardly had time to prepare... infact i felt it was a trap for him... With that said, inviting ganiyu oseni who has lost it to the WYC would have been a great injustice. Odion ighalo, osanga king, sone aluko, haruna lukma et al were arguably the best nigeria had at the time an siasia invited them

Prior to the WYC Rabiu Ibrahim was injured.. There were even doubts that he would make the tournament... Siasia had faith in him and took the risk of taking along an unfit and injured ibrahim though the team doctors ruled him out of all the group game... Tell me... Who does that if not a coach that has absolute confidence in a player. Rabiu had a comeo in the second group game and caused a cheap penalty with a reckless tackle. He played the full game against germany in the knockout stage and scored a goal. Na so dem come house...

In retrospect.. All in all siasia did well but was unfortunate.. Simple
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 10:09pm On May 29, 2015
naturalwaves:

Okay.Thanks for sharing.I guess you weren't born or was too young to share the personal experience then. I was a small boy then.
whenever I engage old folks in football discussion. They can't just do witout mentioning this set of flying eagles n d gr8 comeback against russia even against all odds-most of them go to d length of imitating the commentator... They really cherish that moment!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 29, 2015
Captainswag225:
supersport will show it. If they showed the u-20 african youth championship then they will surely show the worldcup. I will check the channels for u.

Feel free, I've checked and found no information. As at now, take your mind of Supersports.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ELIJAHARMONICA(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2015
khattab02:
grin grin grin

hehehe chai! You wicked oooo..

Na from the competition Brazil go don sack their team and coach...

Haha
grin
khattab02:
grin grin grin

hehehe chai! You wicked oooo..

Na from the competition Brazil go don sack their team and coach...

Haha
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:10pm On May 29, 2015
ajf:

USA vs Myanmar - 5am

Agentina vs Panama -5am

Ghana vs Austria - 8am

ya.....just saw the correct timing on FIFA's page.....

Wayyy too long....won't watch them, nut will check out the scorelines and see if twitter TV will update on the match
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 10:12pm On May 29, 2015
robosky02:

at least we can watch the 6am game. after a good night rest
hehehe.... Thanks to Nepa and Fuel scarcity.... U can sleep well at night and hope for highlites when Nepa restore their erratic supply of light....

Hehehe...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 10:12pm On May 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Can you explain how to that Nonsense Goal Keeper, Emeka Okafor got picked ahead of Ajiboye?

If Manu Garba handled that team, most of thr boys from that U17 winning team woukd have made it to the U20 World Cup.

He wasn't nonsense... They were about the best at that time... Hw many goals did he concede

Most of the boys did make it... For others their careers were dead already by the time of the WYC... Eg Sheriff Isa, Akinsola, Oseni et al... Others like nwakwo obiorra, Ambrose, haruna, sone aluko, odion ighalo, Osanga king, rabiu ibrahim where the best of that time and he invited them all
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2015
II am not being critical of Coach Siasia as a person or a tactical mind. I am saying, this Super Flying Eagles team under Coach Siasia will lose their identity because he will fix in players who are not better than them. Vanzekin is an atrocious keeper. He was never going to turn into a top flight Goal Keeper. Obiora Nwankwo was never better than Alfa Yakubu in controlling midfield.

Catch Siasia has a second chance. If he tries tampering with this team, he will lose my respect.

Tomtoxic:
rabiu ibrahim played well but he was benched doesn't tell d full story stanley okoro of d 09 set played well but he was not playing to oboh's instruction for phuck's sake he z nt d 1st playa to play well and be benched na in short if u watch chelsea matches u will see that a lot every coach has players hu understand dier philosophy and tend to take them along e.g pep and alcantara so u would'nt expect siasia to take useni at the expense of someone he trust lyk vanzeki was siasia's trusted keeper d boys hu siasia brought into d team all played dier part and got to d final rememba in junior competition wining d cup isn't important but player education is
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ajf(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
ya.....just saw the correct timing on FIFA's page.....

Wayyy too long....won't watch them, nut will check out the scorelines and see if twitter TV will update on the match

I like the timing of the Ghana match though, still watchable...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2015
I will stay up late to scout that channel that will air this wyc.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03:

Feel free, I've checked and found no information. As at now, take your mind of Supersports.
i jux checked it too, u are right, i dont think they will show it....maybe one or two local t.v stations might show it.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by iceberg54: 10:18pm On May 29, 2015
Online streaming sites already listed the matches. Hopefully supersport or any other station will show the matches for the sake of those who cant stream. Cant wait for F.Eagles vs Brazil.

Cheers Everyone!!!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 10:19pm On May 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Miss SafariGirl... *smiles* I knw it's not easy being the only 'super analyst' female in the midst of testosterone-dominant persons. I may not understand how pissed off u are by Sir Billante but pls calm down... *smiles* I truly admire ur person despite all dat hv been said abt u... Ur badmouth? Hahaha... From previous pages on this thread, I've seen ur 'good mouth' and dat's d safari girl I Know, Like and admire. DONT LET ANYONE MAKE U LUK BAD COZ U ARE NOT... You are Safarigirl... A highly intelligent individual/analyst and a brilliant conversationalist. Pls Miss... Use words to show urself great and never to defeat or degrade urself. You're far beta dan 'that'... *smiles*
And u're not empty... Though I haven't met u... I've seen some of the best of u in previous pages on this thread from pg.1 till now. I'm not a fan but I speak the Truth... You are truly one of a kind... Yes, not perfect(you'll get there) but Someone 'truly' special and I wud nt mind meeting u face to face... Peace Y'all... And big smiles at Sir LeeCODEMAN's hands off... YOU'RE FUNNY SIR *smiles*
GO GO GO 'SUPER' FLYING EAGLES... (sori, cant do without saying dat) *big smiles*

Bro this one na toasting you dey toast her!

shebi she say na awoniyi be her luff and crush!.....so no waste your saliva for the chyking!

anyway she is a great person but her mouth is as toxic as acid that's my worry!

she fit even be very quite and timid offline.....you know say for nairaland here everybody is a tiger behind their phone and computers!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2015
linked:
He wasn't nonsense... They were about the best at that time... Hw many goals did he concede

Mogbe. That boy was worse than Agbim on his worst day. That guy did not know how to stand when a free kick will be taking. He did not know how to arrange the wall. In my street, the junior boys will not select him.

That boy was the worst goal keeper that ever wore a National team jersey. How can he be the best when the best Goal Keeper Keeper of the U17 Ajiboye was on the bench. I repeat in the U17, Ajiboye conceded only one goal from Toni Kroos in seven games and save three penalties against Spain in the final.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by robosky02(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2015
ajf:

USA vs Myanmar - 5am

Agentina vs Panama -5am

Ghana vs Austria - 8am

ok thanks noted
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:21pm On May 29, 2015
joxxy01:
will the 3am matches be played simultaneously?? Plus what is the accurate naija time for the first game?
accurate time for first game is 2am....

The other games are 5am and 8am respectively.

And yes, the Argentina v. Panama and USA v. Myanmar will be played simultaneously
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
billante:

@safarigirl why repost an article Joseph had already posted taking us back again!

and you were the one insulting one guy the other time that he should read old pages before posting anything.

see your life! ...ITK
pay back time abi. No yawa she haz taken note.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naturalwaves: 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
II am not being critical of Coach Siasia as a person or a tactical mind. I am saying, this Super Flying Eagles team under Coach Siasia will lose their identity because he will fix in players who are not better than them. Vanzekin is an atrocious keeper. He was never going to turn into a top flight Goal Keeper. Obiora Nwankwo was never better than Alfa Yakubu in controlling midfield.

Catch Siasia has a second chance. If he tries tampering with this team, he will lose my respect.

I wanted to mention that Nwakwo guy the other time. Thanks for reminding me. That guy never got his spot on merit, he has god fathers, despite the way they pushed him into the teams, he doesn't still seem to be making it. If I open can of worms on this thread, a lot of heads will roll. Naija I hail!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
Meanwhile the Brazillians continue to monitor our preparation and progress at the bigsoccer forum. However they are not satisfied and don't expect much from their own team.

zahzah
Member+
Club:
FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
Nigeria meanwhile announce their squad and thrash Nurnberg U23 5:0 (scoreline after 30 minutes, then I assume they took it easy).

Goalscorers: Taiwo Awoniyi x 2, Musa Muhammad, Alhassan Ibrahim 'Muazam', Kingsley Sokari

I believe Nigeria's unbeaten run is now up to 43 games. Brasil to stop them?

Catracho_Azul
Member+
Club:
Corinthians Sao Paulo
Honduras

Lol Brasil U-20 is a mess right now.

Mengão86
Staff Member
Club:
Flamengo Rio Janeiro
Brazil
Catracho_Azul said: ↑
Lol Brasil U-20 is a mess right now.

You're about to see the magic of firing Gallo. Players will be motivated to play.

lawsonishere
Member+
Club:
Santos FC
Brazil
Mengão86 said: ↑
You're about to see the magic of firing Gallo. Players will be motivated to play.

gallo's on that selecao show on sport tv now and everyone's kissing his ass, sickening. Just look at #Gallonoselecao if you want to vomit.. None of these people even had to sit through an u20 game with gallo. I've watched 2 and it was hard to watch.

Mengão86
Staff Member
Club:
Flamengo Rio Janeiro
Brazil
People deserve what they ask for. I won't be feeling bad for them.

zahzah
Member+
Club:
FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd

Kelechi Iheanacho - 5 goals and 3 assists in 5 games for Man Cit U21.
Highlights from last game for him vs Man Utd. Immaculate finishing:

lawsonishere
Member+
Club:
Santos FC
Brazil

Clayton not being called up is another blow.

lucio souza
Club:
Palmeiras Sao Paulo
Brazil
lawsonishere said: ↑
Clayton not being called up is another blow.

Brazil beat strong Portugal side 1 x 0 in preparation for u20 world cup. See the highlights here

lawsonishere
Member+
Club:
Santos FC
Brazil
lucio souza said: ↑
Brazil beat strong Portugal side 1 x 0 in preparation for u20 world cup. See the highlights here

not going to make me feel better about the roster selection.

lucio souza
Club:
Palmeiras Sao Paulo
Brazil
lawsonishere said: ↑
not going to make me feel better about the roster selection.

I guess you are right. Even CBF have said they don't believe in this group. Not because of the players, but because of Gallo who made a mess. When Kenedy had to be cut (surgery) i said to myself: we are f... He was our best player. It's hard to see a u20 player making a goal like this one:

Mengão86
Staff Member
Club:
Flamengo Rio Janeiro
Brazil
We beat Australia by another slim scoreline of 1-0. Our first game vs Nigeria is thus upcoming Sunday, at 9 PM.

lawsonishere
Member+
Club:
Santos FC
Brazil
Mengão86 said: ↑
We beat Australia by another slim scoreline of 1-0. Our first game vs Nigeria is thus upcoming Sunday, at 9 PM.
Fox sports 2

Bakaman
Club:
Santos FC
Brazil
I'm not hoping much from this generation, no one has really caught my eyes. Maybe I'm spoiled by the previous Neymar/Lucas/Oscar youth team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
accurate time for first game is 2am....

The other games are 5am and 8am respectively.

And yes, the Argentina v. Panama and USA v. Myanmar will be played simultaneously
kk. Nice
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2015
Captainswag225:
i jux checked it too, u are right, i dont think they will show it....maybe one or two local t.v stations might show it.

Don't panic bro, ait and silverbird will air them live.. We are having 16hrs electricity supply here and on all night long. I stayed here gidigban to watch the opening match

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.