Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480256 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 29, 2015
Captainswag225:
i jux checked it too, u are right, i dont think they will show it....maybe one or two local t.v stations might show it.

Yes. But the downside is that local tv stations will show only Nigerian games.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 10:28pm On May 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Don't panic bro, ait and silverbird will air them live.. We are having 16hrs electricity supply here and on all night long. I stayed here gidigban to watch the opening match
okay boss, thanks for the info. I may watch the ghana match.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Krasid(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2015
Tomtoxic:
My prediction is naija 5-1 brazil iheanacho=hat trik
Brazil? 5-1? not happening.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Don't panic bro, ait and silverbird will air them live.. We are having 16hrs electricity supply here and on all night long. I stayed here gidigban to watch the opening match

Air Nigerian matches only or the entire games?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 10:30pm On May 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mogbe. That boy was worse than Agbim on his worst day. That guy rid not know how to stand when a free kick will be taking. He did not know how to arrange the wall. In my street, the junior boys will not select him.

That boy was the worst goal keeper that ever wore a National team jersey. How can he be the best when the best Goal Keeper Keeper of the U17 Ajiboye was on the bench. I repeat in the U17, Ajiboye conceded only one goal from Toni Kroos in seven games and save three penalties against Spain in the final.
He wasn't nonsense... They were about the best at that time... Hw many goals did he concede

Most of the boys did make it... For others their careers were dead already by the time of the WYC... Eg Sheriff Isa, Akinsola, Oseni et al... Others like nwakwo obiorra, Ambrose, haruna, sone aluko, odion ighalo, Osanga king, rabiu ibrahim where the best of that time and he invited them all.

Even van dar sar conceded 5 goals in one match... they had a poor defence and the most goals he consided was two against germany... Note: THE TWO GOALS WERE UNCATCHABLE. even van dar sar no go catch them... The guy did well

Against spain it was a panalty... Even if it was Ajiboye it makes no difference...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 29, 2015
Krasid:

It can happen. Its the first game, Brazil can slip in the defence. And they hardly find the net of the opponents in their friendlies.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Captainswag225(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03:

Yes. But the downside is that local tv stations will show only Nigerian games.
hmmm, i guess we will be watching just highlights of the other teams but they may show other matches of the african teams eg ghana, senegal and mali games.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by femi9naija(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2015
Caspian22:
Isaac sucess scoring 3 goals at this training just shows how much a huge talent he is. The only thing he needs to work on is his confidence, which went low during his stint at granada.

Iheanacho for sokari in mid field is not a bad idea bur i would prefer sokari in the midfield and iheanach on the left because of his defensive contribution,

How do u know his confidence went low?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03:

Air Nigerian matches only or the entire games?
Every matches of the tournament, all BON affiliated stations will broadcast it live and replay in the day
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Miss SafariGirl... *smiles* I knw it's not easy being the only 'super analyst' female in the midst of testosterone-dominant persons. I may not understand how pissed off u are by Sir Billante but pls calm down... *smiles* I truly admire ur person despite all dat hv been said abt u... Ur badmouth? Hahaha... From previous pages on this thread, I've seen ur 'good mouth' and dat's d safari girl I Know, Like and admire. DONT LET ANYONE MAKE U LUK BAD COZ U ARE NOT... You are Safarigirl... A highly intelligent individual/analyst and a brilliant conversationalist. Pls Miss... Use words to show urself great and never to defeat or degrade urself. You're far beta dan 'that'... *smiles*
And u're not empty... Though I haven't met u... I've seen some of the best of u in previous pages on this thread from pg.1 till now. I'm not a fan but I speak the Truth... You are truly one of a kind... Yes, not perfect(you'll get there) but Someone 'truly' special and I wud nt mind meeting u face to face... Peace Y'all... And big smiles at Sir LeeCODEMAN's hands off... YOU'RE FUNNY SIR *smiles*
GO GO GO 'SUPER' FLYING EAGLES... (sori, cant do without saying dat) *big smiles*
God bless u a million. Thumb up joor
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jancollins: 10:48pm On May 29, 2015
What a wonderful thread.....
Keep it up guys cool
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by khattab02: 10:50pm On May 29, 2015
If Supersport can pay for EPL what's the U-20 WC??
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 10:50pm On May 29, 2015
[quote author=khattab02 post=34227679]Hehehe.... ''Resting Salenko'' that kind wrong sub wey you go do eh? You wan bite your fingers finish at the end of the game...

guy if u've Eva dn dis kyn sub b4 ehn u go knw hw e de pain just last week here I b de beat my bro 3-1 for PS I kum say make I just test kalas and ake na so I take lose 4-3

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ajf(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2015
Generals03
Lol. What forum is that?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2015
Abeg I need this kind of welcoming from nice chicks!

but sokari fall hand for here.....d nigger is not feeling the chick....with his strong aba face

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 11:00pm On May 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Every matches of the tournament, all BON affiliated stations will broadcast it live and replay in the day
Channels n NTAi no de there o.*Laughing*
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 11:06pm On May 29, 2015
Krasid:
bro e fit happen oh abi u dn 4get u-17wc 1st match against mexico 6-1
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jancollins: 11:12pm On May 29, 2015
No be today SuperSport don gat badbelle for Nigeria na.
They are busy advertising right to air Copa America live, four nations will be representing Africa at the U20 world cup and it bothers them less.
Meanwhile they can extort Nigerians just to have access to watch DSTV.
Badbelle people.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 11:15pm On May 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
II am not being critical of Coach Siasia as a person or a tactical mind. I am saying, this Super Flying Eagles team under Coach Siasia will lose their identity because he will fix in players who are not better than them. Vanzekin is an atrocious keeper. He was never going to turn into a top flight Goal Keeper. Obiora Nwankwo was never better than Alfa Yakubu in controlling midfield.

Catch Siasia has a second chance. If he tries tampering with this team, he will lose my respect.

bro vanzeki was a great goalkeeper and bout tampering with d team u don't expect any coach hu takes over them to continue with Manu's philosophy every coach has theirs na if a mou is employed he wud turn it into a defensive team see guardiola took over a heyncks team and instilled tiki taka in them so if u guys don't want that den luk for 4 manu garba for d u-17 u20 u23 and se

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 11:16pm On May 29, 2015
AIG07:

Channels n NTAi no de there o.*Laughing*

Yes ke.. Channel tv is strictly for news. Ntai na station? Mthchewww na only ait, nta and silverbird i go stick with since ss will Bleep up
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On May 29, 2015
naturalwaves:

I wanted to mention that Nwakwo guy the other time. Thanks for reminding me. That guy never got his spot on merit, he has god fathers, despite the way they pushed him into the teams, he doesn't still seem to be making it. If I open can of worms on this thread, a lot of heads will roll. Naija I hail!

That Obiora Nwankwo guy almost caused us the AFCON under Coach Keshi. Men how did that guy get his name on the African Cup of Nations squad.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by shogz89: 11:21pm On May 29, 2015
I want you all to read this argument concerning the flying Eagles,, my head neatly burst at some point http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/new-zealand-2015-u20-fifa-wold-cup-r.2018174/page-2#post-32312442
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 11:22pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
what's my business with Pellegrini? I dey follow una watch club football?

Obuh's over-aged 'Boys' what have they achieved since their showing in '09? How many have gone on to great footballing careers? That is how you know a great coach in the youth level. Not by how many cups he won or how many finals he made, but what became of the team he formed after the tournament.

Apart from Onazi, how many of Obuh's boys have good careers? Dude, I watched that '09 competition. There was no team spirit. Isn't it that squad that allowed their thirst for individual glory conquer their purposee for a trophy? Those guys that played rubbish and lost to Sweden at the finals. No be them be that?

what's ur prove that obuhs boys are over aged and how are u sure dis boys wud have good careers (am not swearing for dem just saying the truth) apart 4rm the 3-3 draw with Germany(1st group game) they trashed evrione that came their way and u call that rubbish SMH and they lost to Switzerland at d finals not sweden
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:24pm On May 29, 2015
First game starts 2am

New Zealand vs Ukraine
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by aodis: 11:26pm On May 29, 2015
My ogas for house this wey DSTV no gree show us the tornament, where can we watch it. pls reply. Will naija station show all the matches?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:29pm On May 29, 2015
Tomtoxic:
what's ur prove that obuhs boys are over aged and how are u sure dis boys wud have good careers (am not swearing for dem just saying the truth) apart 4rm the 3-3 draw with Germany(1st group game) they trashed evrione that came their way and u call that rubbish SMH and they lost to Switzerland at d finals not sweden
meant Switzerland, Bkatter's people.

If you need to be told that Stanley Okoro was at least 25 then I have no words for you......only Sani Emmanuel can somewhat be vouched for in that team.

And as for these boys making it? No need to talk too much. Man City, Porto, Udinese, Gent, Tottenham.....and it's just the beginning. Wait until after the tournament. Who snagged up Obuh's boys?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Krasid(m): 11:32pm On May 29, 2015
Tomtoxic:
bro e fit happen oh abi u dn 4get u-17wc 1st match against mexico 6-1
There's a huge difference between U17 and U20 level.Moreover, South american and European teams peak at U20 level.Maybe a 2 goal gap at best(3-1, 4-2).
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2015
Tomtoxic:
bro vanzeki was a great goalkeeper and bout tampering with d team u don't expect any coach hu takes over them to continue with Manu's philosophy every coach has theirs na if a mou is employed he wud turn it into a defensive team see guardiola took over a heyncks team and instilled tiki taka in them so if u guys don't want that den luk for 4 manu garba for d u-17 u20 u23 and se

If it is Coach Keshi, you guys will burn him alive. You will say Coach Keshi should drop the Super Eagles and use Coach Manu's boys. Now you are saying Coach Siasia has his philosophy.

Vanzekin was never World Class. I do not remember him making any brilliant save. Look at Messi's two penalties in 2005. His keeping was terrible. Look at the Olympics when Di Maria was through one on one, it was comical.

Please, it is a case of better than Philosophy. Dropping Mata for Fabregas will not cause problem. Matic for Mikel etc. Dropping Ajiboye for Emeka Okafor. Ridiculous from Siasia. Is Goal Keeper philosophy too?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 11:35pm On May 29, 2015
safarigirl:
meant Switzerland, Bkatter's people.

If you need to be told that Stanley Okoro was at least 25 then I have no words for you......only Sani Emmanuel can somewhat be vouched for in that team.

And as for these boys making it? No need to talk too much. Man City, Porto, Udinese, Gent, Tottenham.....and it's just the beginning. Wait until after the tournament. Who snagged up Obuh's boys?

Omeruo and Azeez were part of that team too..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38pm On May 29, 2015
How many saves did Emeka Okafor make. Men did you see that boys stance. Any brilliant striker will handle that boy ten times. That boy was never better than Ajiboye. Never.

linked:
He wasn't nonsense... They were about the best at that time... Hw many goals did he concede

Most of the boys did make it... For others their careers were dead already by the time of the WYC... Eg Sheriff Isa, Akinsola, Oseni et al... Others like nwakwo obiorra, Ambrose, haruna, sone aluko, odion ighalo, Osanga king, rabiu ibrahim where the best of that time and he invited them all.

Even van dar sar conceded 5 goals in one match... they had a poor defence and the most goals he consided was two against germany... Note: THE TWO GOALS WERE UNCATCHABLE. even van dar sar no go catch them... The guy did well

Against spain it was a panalty... Even if it was Ajiboye it makes no difference...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On May 29, 2015
linked:

See your statement, it shows a lot. Against Spain in the U17, Ajiboye saved three penalties. Man, if it was Ajiboye against Fran Merida, Ajiboye would have saved it. Not that Emeka Okafor that cannot keep for Mickey Mouse club. Fran Merida laughed after he took the penalty.

Coach Siasia should not select a few boys from this Super Flying Eagles. They are amazing. This is the U23 team. Any replacement should be a player trying to outperform a player in this team. Anything less, Coach Siasia will lose my respect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.