Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (479966 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ayusco: 4:19pm On May 30, 2015
You welcome bro Buhari? Well let's see how it goes praying for better days ahead. Mahama nko?
GHKWAME1:
Yeah, I am great thank for the shout out.
With regards to you the fans tracking their progress, Ah well na you sabi oo… Our lads look OK but I don't trust the old cats at the FA to have new tricks, so I am indifferent about them. How Buhari?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 4:20pm On May 30, 2015
safarigirl:
they were old. These guys are young.
u are ryt but their club choices and the amount of playing time they get at these clubs will determine how well they will develop.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 4:22pm On May 30, 2015
Dominic Adiyiah, such a disappointing career.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by achimotan(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2015
tbaba1234:
Dominic Adiyiah, such a disappointing career.

to have scored 8 goals and also win the golden ball and not to have progressed further is a huge disappointment indeed. I don't even know where he plays these days

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 30, 2015
safarigirl:
they haven't been beaten in 43 games and have lost just once in about 5 years. Ivory Coast is the only team so far that have subdued our boys and Sweden to an extent. But we've learnt from those blunders

Yep
They drew Sweden 3-3 at group stage and won them 3-0 at the semi final of the last under 17 world cup.

Ivory coast remains the stiffest opponent they are yet to subdue.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by hismail1(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2015
achimotan:

to have scored 8 goals and also win the golden ball and not to have progressed further is a huge disappointment indeed. I don't even know where he plays these days
I think he now plays in Thailand
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by hismail1(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2015
achimotan:

I think he plays now in Thailand
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:48pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:
Released @joseph1013
Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
problem with sellas is that, he wants all his teams to play the 4-4-2 formation, it work very well with the 2009 team but it doesnt suit this team. he also lucks a player who will link the midfield to attack, only clifford aboagye can do that but he didnt play today coz he didnt arrive early to camp......the team didnt alsn work on how to take advantage of set pieces. From the african youth championship to dis game today, we got alot of free kicks and corners but we couldnt use it to our advantage.

I was kind of upset when I learnt Granada did not release this guy on time (Clifford Aboagye), knowing fully well how competions like this are very important to a player's carrier. Its high time African league is upped so that our players will be fully groomed at home before going abroad so that the white will not hold us hostage in times like this.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by GHKWAME1: 5:18pm On May 30, 2015
ayusco:
You welcome bro Buhari? Well let's see how it goes praying for better days ahead. Mahama nko?
Sai Buhari! Mahama am sure is eating EBA and consoling Gej, he might be in hot water next year.

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 5:26pm On May 30, 2015
If the eagles must win on moday by a high score line, manu must stick to the team that played the friendlies in Germany... Any wholesale change will not be fine.. Otherwise... .

All this nacho, Success and moses am seeing is not good ooo.... I would love at least a 4 goals win not just any win..
Thus success, moses and nacho.. MUST not start at once.. ... E GET WHY
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ELIJAHARMONICA(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2015
4 Matches played, 9 goals scored, 3 draws and 1 win.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

I was kind of upset when I learnt Granada did not release this guy on time (Clifford Aboagye), knowing fully well how competions like this are very important to a player's carrier. Its high time African league is upped so that our players will be fully groomed at home before going abroad so that the white will not hold us hostage in times like this.
i agree with u, we need to invest heavily in the african leagues. If all the needed structures and facilities are in our leagues, am sure the whites will respect us much more and the amount for which they buy our players will be raised...... If u look at the north african leagues, they invest so heavily into it that their players feel reluctant to leave for europe, their clubs even have so much money that they buy nigerian, ghanaian, cameroonian players to compete against our clubs in the caf champions league and confederations cup. we have to put in many measures that will attract the private sector to invest in the league and clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2015
femi9naija:

But wait o, shebi it's 21 players that made the team? So if 11 players play for "team possible" leaving 10 for the probables. shey na 11 against 10 ni abi na Ugbade complete the 11?
There is one player in that team that is on reserve bearing any dying minute injury

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 5:46pm On May 30, 2015
hey guys chill this Ghanaian team will surely qualify 4rm d group stage not all teams that win their 1st game end up qualifying #africaunite and any team garba and ugbade choose my prediction still stands 5-1

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2015
hismail1:
I think he plays now in Thailand
so disappointing. These africans players make bad choices and end up destroying their careers.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2015
casket:

Yep
They drew Sweden 3-3 at group stage and won them 3-0 at the semi final of the last under 17 world cup.

Ivory coast remains the stiffest opponent they are yet to subdue.

Yep that's why it was a must for Musa to make that PK cuz u don't want nothing coming back to bite you, could have been the same mistake Cameroon made in their last afcon qualifying match letting the future champions easily qualify.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 5:52pm On May 30, 2015
Tomtoxic:
hey guys chill this Ghanaian team will surely qualify 4rm d group stage not all teams that win their 1st game end up qualifying #africaunite and any team garba and ugbade choose my prediction still stands 5-1
ur team is very very gud, jux pray against wicked referees and injuries and pray for luck. Btw am wondering, so if manu garba wins the world cup, will they make him the u-23 coach too?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naturalwaves: 6:00pm On May 30, 2015
engineerboat:

Star sport focus (Nova), Star Sport 1 & 2, Star Sport premium will show all the marches. Since some of the matches will be played simultaneously star-times have schedule all this station to carry all the matches live and ALSO REPLAYED BY 5 -7 Pm daily
Okay, thanks so much. How much is startimes? I hope it doesn't come with a dish or does it?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:05pm On May 30, 2015
linked:
But the report had 11 players for the probables grin
I think a player like Ibrahim Alhassan (Muazam) if I have not forgot is on standby something of that nature

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
i know even with the lost to ivory coast, it was on p.k but from what i saw at the african youth championship against ivory coast where they drew 2-2. A well organized team can cause an upset against them.

Hate to admit it but u've a point. We are yet to beat the Ivorians in three attempts.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 6:13pm On May 30, 2015
P0intBlank:

Hate to admit it but u've a point. We are yet to beat the Ivorians in three attempts.
well, luckily for your team, there isnt ivory coast at dis tournament. Ur attackers will track back to support the midfielders so u have no need to worry.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Motherforker12: 6:16pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
hahahaha, but taiwo awoniyi is already lebron in the making, its taiwo we wont besides u have iheanacho who is on fire.

Why you making these Nigerians get big head. I know for a fact Ghana will go further than Nigeria. We always start off slow then pick up.

We are the most successful african team for a reason. We started slow in 2013 but we made it to the semifinals.

We don't need awoniyi or any other nigerian player if Ghanaian blood doesn't run through your vein. We don't want you.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Sunnycliff(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2015
Can't wait for our first match o
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2015
Motherforker12:

Why you making these Nigerians get big head. I know for a fact Ghana will go further than Nigeria. We always start off slow then pick up.

We are the most successful african team for a reason. We started slow in 2013 but we made it to the semifinals.

We don't need awoniyi or any other nigerian player if Ghanaian blood doesn't run through your vein. We don't want you.
lol...am a ghanaian and am proud of my team. I know we will go far. Dont worry, it was jux my opinion. U and i know dat cant happen.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Motherforker12: 6:22pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
lol...am a ghanaian and am proud of my team. I know we will go far. Dont worry, it was jux my opinion. U and i know dat cant happen.

Yes we will.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mrham03(m): 6:28pm On May 30, 2015
Motherforker12:

Yes we will.
sellas will surely take us there. Argentine drew with panama, they arent that scary.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 6:29pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
ur team is very very gud, jux pray against wicked referees and injuries and pray for luck. Btw am wondering, so if manu garba wins the world cup, will they make him the u-23 coach too?
DAT question na 4 nff

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Xzbit91: 6:37pm On May 30, 2015
mrham03:
u23 already has a coach

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:45pm On May 30, 2015
Garba Faces Selection Dilemma Ahead Of Group Opener.
Flying Eagles head coach Manu Garba faces a major selection dilemma ahead of the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup Group E match against Brazil on Monday 1st June, SL10 reporter Ademetan Abayomi writes.
Some departments for the match at the Taranaki Stadium remains up for grabs.
With both Godwin Saviour and Moses Simon showing remarkable improvement in their form at training these past few days, the Flying Eagles tactician faces a hard decision in whom to start.
Another option is to utilise the tricky wingers as impact players.
Reports emerging claim coach Garba could gamble by playing the trio of Kelechi Iheanacho, Taiwo Awoniyi and Isaac Success at the same time.
Izu Omego and Zaharadeen Bello will fight for a place to partner Onyinye Ndidi at the heart of defence.
The ex-Golden Eaglets coach is ready to start Joshua Enaholo in goal, with talented goal-minders Olorunleke Ojo and Dele.
Alampasu to start from the bench.
Team skipper Musa Mohammed and Mustapha Abdullahi are the annointed ones in the full-back roles.
Idowu Akinjide, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Chidiebere Nwakali, Ifeanyi Matthew, Kingsley Sokari, Musa Yahaya and Bernard Bulbwa are also in the reckoning to add bite to the Flying Eagles ranks with Kelechi Iheanacho likely to partner Taiwo Awoniyi in attack.
An official of the team who spoke to SL10 says coach Garba is determined to pick a strong line-up for the game.
“I believe the boys have worked hard and deserve their places in the team.”
“For the technical crew it's all about who is playing well and who can convince the coaches with his output in training even though other factors are also taken into consideration.
“I am not sure there is an issue of selection problem. The best players will be picked for the game,” the official added.
The Flying Eagles had a feel of the Taranaki Stadium pitch on Saturday afternoon in New Zealand, ahead of the much-anticipated showdown against Brazil.
The lads trained at the 11,000-capacity stadium from 01h00am local time, which was 02h00 Saturday in Nigeria.
The Group E showdown between the Flying Eagles and Brazil will get underway by 02h00 Nigerian Time on Monday.
www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-1/manu-garba-faces-selection-dilemma-ahead-of-group-opener/210906

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 6:45pm On May 30, 2015
Abeg who bring all these Ghanaians into this thread??

make them go open their own thread nah!

if am not mistaken the heading of this thread read: Flying eagles of Nigeria thread!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mijestic: 6:49pm On May 30, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.